North Korea Makes an Offer

94 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
Henry Gondorff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Disappearer said:

HuMcK said:

I hope people understand that these smiling photo-ops with murderous regime officials, especially ones from within the White House, are concessions of legitimacy to the NKs.

I wish people understood that nuclear negotiations are supposed to be about non-proliferation and not regime change.

People like Bolton, agreed.

Bolton gets it

He has trouble keeping mouth shut when he needs to but he gets it!

Trump has proclaimed the second Iraq war as the biggest disaster in US history (he was for the Iraq war before he was against it, of course) and then appoints Bolton as national security advisor. LOL.
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Florda_mike said:

Waco1947 said:

Deal will include lifting of sanctions which equates to .....what's the word? Oh cash

Sanctions will be lifted on Trump terms, NOT obama terms! Uuuuuggggeee difference

And there won't be unmarked planes delivering pallets of unmarked foreign currency in the dead of nite to some non descript N Korean airport as obama did to "sweeten" the deal

I hope you can see that difference between "lifting sanctions" and the word "cash?"

And I hope you can see difference between an obama non-deal and a deal that works for our country like Trump does

I'm really beginning to think you democrats haven't a clue what a real deal looks like though
maybe on Trumps turn but money to NK
. Sorry "Maybe Trump gets his terms but they will involve ending sanctions which means cash for NK economy."
Is money for the regime and money for humanitarian relief different?

The money that O gave to Iran stayed with the Ayatollahs.
You think the money in the NK deal will end up in the hands of the poor?
In a sense Obama started a revolution against the Ayatollahs because of the cash. The ayatollahs had promised the people a better economy and betrayed the people They were rightly pissed and took to the streets. If O sent no cash then no revolt. You see the connection. In NK the poor will get screwed because as bad as oppressive and corrupt as Iran is NK is more so.
HuMcK
Florda_mike
Henry Gondorff said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Disappearer said:

HuMcK said:

I hope people understand that these smiling photo-ops with murderous regime officials, especially ones from within the White House, are concessions of legitimacy to the NKs.

I wish people understood that nuclear negotiations are supposed to be about non-proliferation and not regime change.

Bolton gets it

Trump has proclaimed the second Iraq war as the biggest disaster in US history (he was for the Iraq war before he was against it, of course) and then appoints Bolton as national security advisor. LOL.

You guys have been wrong all along and have never admitted it, not that I'd expect you to
HuMcK
This seems counterproductive.
TexasScientist
HuMcK said:

This seems counterproductive.

It's not possible. Trump said problem solved. More fake news. Somebody needs to retranslate Trump's remarks for Kim. Obviously something was lost in the translation of Trump's pronouncement.
J.R.
Can't be. Kim gave the Trumps his word. Trumps has it all under control.
bubbadog
Henry Gondorff said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Disappearer said:

HuMcK said:

Bolton gets it

He's the same stable genius who pulled out of the TPP to fight a trade war with China, and then learned from the babysitters that the TPP was one of our best weapons in a trade war vs. China.
quash
bubbadog said:

Henry Gondorff said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Disappearer said:

HuMcK said:

Bolton gets it

He's the same stable genius who pulled out of the TPP to fight a trade war with China, and then learned from the babysitters that the TPP was one of our best weapons in a trade war vs. China.

More Art(lessness) of the Deal( breaker)
TexasScientist
quash said:

bubbadog said:

Henry Gondorff said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Disappearer said:

HuMcK said:

Bolton gets it

More Art(lessness) of the Deal( breaker)
I think you've got the title for his presidential biography.
HuMcK
quash
HuMcK said:

And what did we get out of that?
TexasScientist
quash said:

HuMcK said:

And what did we get out of that?
We got to watch self agranidization.
HuMcK
I guess he's gonna double down and hope his supporters don't listen to the news. No mention at all of the reported expansions at NK nuclear fuel and missile test sites.
Florda_mike
HuMcK said:

I guess he's gonna double down and hope his supporters don't listen to the news. No mention at all of the reported expansions at NK nuclear fuel and missile test sites.

HuMcK you've gotta stop watching CNN

It's fake news!
quash
Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

It's fake news!

Because Trump says so? Why trust a proven liar?
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

It's fake news!

1. Look in mirror
2. Ask yourself the same
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

It's fake news!

1. Look in mirror
2. Ask yourself the same
So you believe Trump has solved the NK nuke problem after a couple of meetings and a pronouncement?
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

It's fake news!

1. Look in mirror
2. Ask yourself the same
So you believe Trump has solved the NK nuke problem after a couple of meetings and a pronouncement?

Absolutely not and nor does Trump

Some of you have no business sense at all and expect a deal to be completed in only one meeting and never have any hitches?

In business school you're taught it takes about 5-10 meetings with a customer to close the deal and even after closing there's complications to deal with depending on the complexity of the relative deal

Trump has written volumes on deal making, has been indoctrinated in deal making since diapers, gone to a top business school in country and is easily the best we've ever had to deal with these issues at White House level and no previous president compares to him and he's looking out for our side(if looking out for our side matters to some of you that were indoctrinated by obama bowing to others and insulting our country)

You shouldn't criticize Trump and question him on these deals unless you watch the other amateur deal makers at CNN or such talk of NK deal etc?

You're not qualified to criticize him nor am I and I've negotiated fairly complicated deals for 35 years

Just saying, read even a chapter of Art of Deal to see what you lack

Stick to what you know in Science
J.R.
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

It's fake news!

1. Look in mirror
2. Ask yourself the same

Some of you have no business sense at all and expect a deal to be completed in only one meeting and never have any hitches?

In business school you're taught it takes about 5-10 meetings with a customer to close the deal and even after closing there's complications to deal with depending on the complexity of the relative deal

Trump has written volumes on deal making, has been indoctrinated in deal making since diapers, gone to a top business school in country and is easily the best we've ever had to deal with these issues at White House level and no previous president compares to him and he's looking out for our side(if looking out for our side matters to some of you that were indoctrinated by obama bowing to others and insulting our country)

You shouldn't criticize Trump and question him on these deals unless you watch the other amateur deal makers at CNN or such talk of NK deal etc?

You're not qualified to criticize him nor am I and I've negotiated fairly complicated deals for 35 years

Mikey,

I'm fairly sure I don't need a business lecture from you. Look at the fact. Trumps got played.
Florda_mike
Haha

Do you actually believe Trump is getting "played" by that kid???

Seriously?

If this deal goes south Trump will back out unlike previous presidents staying in bad deals for our country. That's what's different between a businessman and a politician running your country!

And KimUn will have missed a great opportunity for his country to have become wealthy

Read Art of Deal if you don't want business lesson
ATL Bear
This is going to take some time to accomplish. Some like to spike the football too early, while others are leaving the stadium in the first quarter.

The most disturbing part is the apparent desire for failure over success in something all would agree is a positive.
JusHappy2BeHere
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

It's fake news!

1. Look in mirror
2. Ask yourself the same

I've been around a few more deals than you think. Trump is the one proclaiming that the NK nuclear threat is over. Somebody needs to tell him that his proclamation isn't reality. You know, the emporer has no clothes. If he knows that it will take serious negotiations, and that it will be difficult if not impossible to get a nuclear free peninsula, why doesn't he say so? Now that he has prematurely proclaimed success, he will have to deliver on a nuclear free peninsula, or admit he is the buffoon he appears. Or does he think no one will know the difference in a couple of years - if he says it often enough and loud enough, his followers will believe it? Do you believe that there is no longer a nuclear threat from NK?
J.R.
Yes, he's getting played like a biatch. Kim ain't giving away nukes. It's the only leverage he has. Fairly simple. I wouldn't read one work of anything written by that fraud.
bubbadog
TexasScientist said:

Or does he think no one will know the difference in a couple of years - if he says it often enough and loud enough, his followers will believe it?
It's this.^^ And I think we've seen ample demonstration that his followers will believe it.
Florda_mike
You guys ......

You anti-Trumpers are a mess

So did y'all feel the same about Obama's Iran Deal?

Ha
quash
ATL Bear said:

This is going to take some time to accomplish. Some like to spike the football to early, while others are leaving the stadium in the first quarter.

The most disturbing part is the apparent desire for failure over success in something all would agree is a positive.

Do you agree with the President that, but for him, we'd be at war with NK? (Ignore, as he did, that we've been at war over 60 years.)
bubbadog
ATL Bear said:

I'm not seeing that, at least not on this board. Where are you seeing it?
quash
Florda_mike said:

Haha

Seriously?

If this deal goes south Trump will back out unlike previous presidents staying in bad deals for our country. That's what's different between a businessman and a politician running your country!

And KimUn will have missed a great opportunity for his country to have become wealthy

You already gave Trump a Nobel for reuniting North and South Korea. Keep telling others how smart you are.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

This is going to take some time to accomplish. Some like to spike the football to early, while others are leaving the stadium in the first quarter.

Do you agree with the President that, but for him, we'd be at war with NK? (Ignore, as he did, that we've been at war over 60 years.)
Success has a 1,000 fathers but failure is an orphan. Trump isn't the orphan of success in this, but who cares what bombast he puts out there? It's political theater and dancing bear sideshows that people want to obsess over. Reality is, as an outsider he took a chance on meeting directly with Kim, despite decades of bureaucrats all advising prior admins (and him) not to do. We'll see if it pays off. As I've said before, this is going to be slow. Getting NK into the world community is the first step. There will be lots of trade offs in the process, and the vast majority of them don't involve nuclear facilities or weapons.

Many people thought Nixon was crazy for meeting with Mao. It took decades before China was fully part of the world community. It will be the same for NK if they so choose.
ATL Bear
bubbadog said:

ATL Bear said:

Stop trying to play me like a biatch.
J.R.
Florda_mike said:

You guys ......

You anti-Trumpers are a mess

So did y'all feel the same about Obama's Iran Deal?

Ha
Not anti-Trumps per se. Anti dumb ass, specifically.
J.R.
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

Haha

Seriously?

You already gave Trump a Nobel for reuniting North and South Korea. Keep telling others how smart you are.
Actually if memory serves, Trumps gave himself that award in the way his petulance only can.
bubbadog
ATL Bear said:

bubbadog said:

ATL Bear said:

Stop trying to play me like a biatch.
Rather than disputing your statement out of hand, I was asking you to point me to your evidence. Serves me right, I guess, for trying to have an actual discussion.

Pointing out that Trump is falsely claiming that there is no longer a threat from North Korea and we have peace in our time (sound like anyone you've read about, say, circa 1938) is hardly the same as expressing a desire that the whole enterprise fail.

I see a lot of the former. I'm not seeing the latter. Maybe it's there. If you've seen it, I'd simply like to see it, too, so I can form my own opinion about the evidence you've seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.