Walls & Security...

58,623 Views | 657 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No excuse...

Put it up where they are needed, and use technology for all the rest. The stats about drug & sex trafficking from illegals should be enough on their own to shut it all done w/ lone ports of entry. Throw in all the crime on top of it and the billions Americans spend on illegals there is literally no excuse to not fund this.

cinque
You mean steel slats and security, don't you?
CutTheTVoff
Nice post riflebear. I doubt you'll get any legitimate challenges to this post.
quash
Walls interrupt the circular flow of labor, same as our ridiculous immigration laws.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Golem
quash said:

Walls interrupt the circular flow of labor, same as our ridiculous immigration laws.

Not nearly as much as welfare states do. But you're cool with that.
contrario
quash said:

One cannot champion the circular flow of labor out of one side of the mouth and then complain about wage stagnation for lower-income earners out of the other side of the mouth.
JXL
quash said:

So we should be like all those countries throughout world history who successfully followed an open border policy?
Florda_mike
JXL said:

quash said:

So we should be like all those countries throughout world history who successfully followed an open border policy?

Yep Quash is a friggin idiot

Uber driving law schooler
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You are a tough guy aren't you?
quash
contrario said:

quash said:

One cannot champion the circular flow of labor out of one side of the mouth and then complain about wage stagnation for lower-income earners out of the other side of the mouth.

One can't. I didn't.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Florda_mike said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Freightliner driving law schooler. And the appropriate term is lawyer.
quash
Four different responses and nobody addressed the point. Thr circular fliw of labor gets interrupted by our immigration laws and walls.
Golem
quash said:

Four different responses and nobody addressed the point. Thr circular fliw of labor gets interrupted by our immigration laws and walls.

I did. That's why you didn't respond.

Edit: It occurs to me you may not understand why my response directly addresses and refutes yours. Let me know if you need me to explain it.
4th and Inches
quash said:

since the flow of labor should be coming thru border check points, how is walling up an area where no check point exists interrupting labor? Are you advocating illegal labor?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

JXL said:

quash said:

Freightliner driving law schooler. And the appropriate term is lawyer.

So you graduated from law school?
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Dont pretend that this is what's happening.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Not pretending, it is well documented.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Instead of me disputing this obvious fallacy why don't YOU explain to us how, as you say, "immigration laws and walls interrupt the circular flow of labor???"

This should be good

And we know you're there to answer this now because you just responded to me

Come on, enlighten us with your knowledge of the circular flow of labor???

Well ....... I'm waiting?
Florda_mike
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

I want YOU to explain it

I don't want some liberal based friggin link you post

YOU explain how "circular flow of labor is interrupted by immigration laws and walls???"

You own this one!
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

The intention is not preventing the flow of labor.

The intention is to make bank on perpetuating the problem (illegal immigration) itself

Both parties want nothing more than to keep the broken system in place as it is.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
J.R.
There will be no "wall".
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

There will be no "wall".
American taxpayers need one to protect themselves from several issues: flow of drugs, child trafficking, costs etc.

I hope you aren't buying into the anti wall rhetoric.
J.R.
J.R. said:

There will be no "wall".

This whole wall thing is nothing more than a gimmick, just like its purveyors. A wall is just dumb. Do we need immigration reform? Yes. It has to be a wholistic strategy. Anyone who thought Mexico was going to pay for it, bought into the gimmick . The worse offenders are over stayed visas with our good friends, the Kannucks be the worse offenders. Do u really think a wall is going to stop the drug trade?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Who here is promoting open borders?
Florda_mike
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

I want YOU to explain it

I don't want some liberal based friggin link you post

YOU explain how "circular flow of labor is interrupted by immigration laws and walls???"

You own this one!

Well Quash, I'm waiting? But I thought you'd conveniently disappear
GrowlTowel
J.R. said:

J.R. said:

There will be no "wall".

This whole wall thing is nothing more than a gimmick, just like its purveyors. A wall is just dumb. Do we need immigration reform? Yes. It has to be a wholistic strategy. Anyone who thought Mexico was going to pay for it, bought into the gimmick . The worse offenders are over stayed visas with our good friends, the Kannucks be the worse offenders. Do u really think a wall is going to stop the drug trade?

Serious question, why do we need immigration reform? Should we not just enforce the bipartisan laws already in place?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

J.R. said:

There will be no "wall".

Time and again have discussed the success of the 64 mile long Bush wall (separating El Paso from Juarez) in reducing crime , drug smuggling, car theft , and gang activity.

Why do some folks ignore this reality ?
cinque
Recent events have left "profound scars, especially during the holidays on residents and families separated and hurting," said Fernando Garcia executive director of the Border Network for Human Rights.

"In the tale, the Grinch stole toys, and tried to destroyed happiness," Garcia added. "In this case the president has destroyed entire families, and their hopes, too."
Hot-button issues like illegal immigration and border security were once reserved for campaign season. Under the Trump administration, the border security solution of a wall is a daily sermon, in sharp contrast to border residents' binational way of life.
Garcia points to the debate in Washington over Trump's insistence on his wall in order to end the government shutdown. Many residents view the wall as having nothing to do with security and everything to do with Trump saving face with his right-wing base, which demands that he fulfill his signature promise to build the wall.
If anyone wants security, it is the residents who live along the border, Garcia said. "But a 17th century wall is downright insulting, offensive," he said. "Imagine Canadians having to deal with this. This is against the most vulnerable people Latinos pure and simple."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2018/12/24/binational-el-paso-tries-get-past-trump-policies-christmastime
Doc Holliday
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Who here is promoting open borders?
Not sure.

But the problem we currently have is our laws regarding illegal immigration are not enforced or policed well.

This is why we have 22 million illegal aliens. We don't know who they are, what kind of diseases, drugs, problems they have because they're literally not on the books. I'd be totally cool if all 22 million minus the bad ones were legalized, paid taxes and upheld American values.

Like I've said countless times before...fixing this problem would hurt the wallets of Congress and many special interest groups. It would also be another massive problem they would no longer be able to campaign on.

Sooner or later you'll learn this country is bought and paid for. Your vote hardly counts today.
cinque
Why did Trump reject the 25 billion for border security?
Ludwig von Missi
I think we need some creative solutions here. I'm willing to broker a deal. The democrats let the republicans build the wall. But in exchange, the republicans have to agree to shut the **** up about illegal immigration until the end of time. After the wall is built, any time someone tries to blame something on illegal immigration, other people have the legal right to ***** slap that person in the face.

Deal?

Can't wait to slap the **** out of the first person I hear say:

The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. To the naive mind that can conceive of order only as the product of deliberate arrangement, it may seem absurd that in complex conditions order, and adaptation to the unknown, can be achieved more effectively by decentralizing decisions and that a division of authority will actually extend the possibility of overall order.

-F.A. Hayek
Canada2017
Walls work....that's the real issue of course . Cause Dems want the votes of illegals .

Dems wants those millions of extra votes...so they can 'develop' the rest of the country into the exact same mess California has become .

bularry
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

There will be no "wall".
American taxpayers need one to protect themselves from several issues: flow of drugs, child trafficking, costs etc.

I hope you aren't buying into the anti wall rhetoric.

I don't really think Americans are trying to escape the "flow of drugs". That's a silly argument
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

Walls work....that's the real issue of course . Cause Dems want the votes of illegals .

Dems wants those millions of extra votes...so they can 'develop' the rest of the country into the exact same mess California has become .

Republicans don't want the wall built either. They like to have the bogeyman for the ballot box and rhetorical purposes.
The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. To the naive mind that can conceive of order only as the product of deliberate arrangement, it may seem absurd that in complex conditions order, and adaptation to the unknown, can be achieved more effectively by decentralizing decisions and that a division of authority will actually extend the possibility of overall order.

-F.A. Hayek
bularry
Canada2017 said:

Walls work for what?

And illegals don't vote. I know that's the newest alt-right fabrication you are spreading, but you saying it and the truth aren't connected.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.