Word on the street...

199,161 Views | 1776 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WILLIS
ChipOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoldMind said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

GoldMind said:

Makeup: The biggest lie ever told.
I call your makeup and raise you the padded bra.

I'll see your padded bra and raise you a Spanx

I call your Spanx and raise you gender reassignment surgery.
GoldMind
joetuna said:

GoldMind said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

GoldMind said:

you ever been spanked by a one-armed stripper?

No, but I got a dance from one in Beaumont that had a tramp stamp what said "hit it like a champ" with some little boxing gloves.
nein51
GoldMind said:

joetuna said:

GoldMind said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

GoldMind said:

No, but I got a dance from one in Beaumont that had a tramp stamp what said "hit it like a champ" with some little boxing gloves.

Once had one from a girl wearing a scarf. It was covering a very recent trache scar. Seriously.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

joetuna said:

GoldMind said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

GoldMind said:

Once had one from a girl wearing a scarf. It was covering a very recent trache scar. Seriously.

Tell me this was in the Land
Roy Rogers
This thread has the possibility of becoming the weirdest thread in the short history of SicEm365.
"Sic em yesterday, sic em today, sic em forever"
Dubbicans
Had some killer barbecue out here in North Carolina today. I dare say it was better than anything Texas has to offer.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
sonuvabear
Can somebody lock this train wreck?
GoldMind
sonuvabear said:

NEVER LOCK THIS THREAD
Roy Rogers
sonuvabear said:

Oh no, it's just now getting to the point we quit obsessing over whatever the original subject was. I mean one legged pole dancers/strippers/lap dancers have so much comic potential while waiting out the real news.
Ludwig von Missi
Dubbicans said:

Had some killer barbecue out here in North Carolina today. I dare say it was better than anything Texas has to offer.
Bruh
BearlyHeardFrom
Always someone that has to cross the line.
nein51
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

joetuna said:

GoldMind said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

GoldMind said:

Tell me this was in the Land

Oh yes. Very much so.
nein51
Dubbicans said:

I fear you have had too much to drink.

That said there is a lot of good bbq from a lot of places.
Smitty
I heard the one legged pole dancer's day job was at IHOP.
GoldMind
Smitty said:

I heard the one legged pole dancer's day job was at IHOP.

Ghetto HEB, actually.
GoldMind
This thread is like a bunch of people who have been on a airplane too long
DioNoZeus
GoldMind said:

This thread is like a bunch of people who have taken too many bong rips

FIFY
BartRiles
Steely Dan
BearChick said:

Brian Ethridge said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Does the good news and a famous song by Arrested Development have anything in common?

Everyday People?
Did it peak at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1992?

#8 in the US and #2 in the UK. Top 10 in about 5 other countries.

Sidebar: it's a stellar album. Like insanely good. They are wildily popular in Japan these days.
Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land
Make me forget all that hurts me
Let me understand your plan
That was the first music album I ever bought (I also bought Simon & Garfunkel's greatest hits, both on CD via a longbox).

I'm not sure what the first CD I ever bought with my own money was. I think it was Under The Table And Dreaming.
First tape was NWA Straight Outta Compton, I was a confused young black child (which is weird because I became a white adult, who knew). As a young rebellion that was AMAZING. It spawned a love of all things early hip-hop.
First album - Christopher Cross, Ride Like the Wind still jams, don't @ me
First cassette - ZZ Top Eliminator, the car and bass got me
First CD - Jane's Addiction, Nothing Shocking, had the cassette, but just installed a CD player and transitioned

He married me because I have Christopher Cross' greatest hits on my phone so I can pull up Ride Like the Wind at any moment. Damn fine song.

Michael McDonald put that song over the top. Amazing vocals. One of the few artists that contributed background vocals to a number of songs and was very successful as a solo artist.
Steely Dan
GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Does the good news and a famous song by Arrested Development have anything in common?

Everyday People?

Sidebar: it's a stellar album. Like insanely good. They are wildily popular in Japan these days.
Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land
That was the first music album I ever bought (I also bought Simon & Garfunkel's greatest hits, both on CD via a longbox).

I'm not sure what the first CD I ever bought with my own money was. I think it was Under The Table And Dreaming.

In 1980 I was 15 and got a '66 Mustang for my first car. Me and a buddy installed a stereo system in it (Pioneer unit and Kriket 6x9's in the rear deck, cuz ya know, the Motor City Madman was rumored to own a pair). Permanent Waves was the inaugural choice. Pure greatness.
GoldMind
Steely Dan said:

GoldMind said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

GoldMind said:

Everyday People?

Hint:

Take me to another place
Take me to another land

In 1980 I was 15 and got a '66 Mustang for my first car. Me and a buddy installed a stereo system in it (Pioneer unit and Kriket 6x9's in the rear deck, cuz ya know, the Motor City Madman was rumored to own a pair). Permanent Waves was the inaugural choice. Pure greatness.

Nice, my first car was a 1993 Blazer. White.
mlbrown56
This thread is kind of like watching Rachel Madcow on MSNBC. Not really relevant but entertaining to watch the alternative universe.
cttw
Dubbicans said:

Unpossible.
ButterflyFX

This thread.
Clavin
Michael McDonald did indeed do some stellar backing vocals...including being a regular backing up the brilliance of Steely Dan. The Doobies, however, were never the same, going pop post Tom Johnson when MM became the front man. And, MM had some super cheesy solo stuff. But, his voice is unique and was spectacular in a backing role.

This Christopher Cross praise is concerning.

First album: Elton John/Honkey Chateau

First cassette: Truly don't remember...an indictment of the cassette as a listening vehicle.

First CD: Van Morrison/Moondance, so I could listen digitally instead of to the popping of my album.
nein51
The pops and hissing of vinyl is perfect. Exactly how it should be.
Dubbicans
The DB 'South City Midnight Lady' is their greatest song ever. And it's not even really all that close.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Clavin
nein51 said:

I used to believe that...you know, the sentimental part of it. But, it's not debatable...the sound is far superior digitally. And, playing albums is such a pain in the arse. I still have my collection of 400+ albums and still have my Bang & Olufsen turntable...but they just serve to take up space and have me look at them. But, too much trouble for inferior sound. Sad, but true.

nein51
Clavine said:

nein51 said:

I used to believe that...you know, the sentimental part of it. But, it's not debatable...the sound is far superior digitally. And, playing albums is such a pain in the arse. I still have my collection of 400+ albums and still have my Bang & Olufsen turntable...but they just serve to take up space and have me look at them. But, too much trouble for inferior sound. Sad, but true.

I'll be happy to take them off your hands.

Some things are simply better on vinyl.

"First time ever I saw your face" on vinyl is about as close to bliss as a human can get.
GoldMind
nein51 said:

Clavine said:

nein51 said:

"First time ever I saw your face" on vinyl is about as close to bliss as a human can get.

I have an original pressing of Physical Grafitti.
AceThedic
nein51 said:

Nah. Clavine is right. Digital lossless is way better sound quality.

I just hunted a vinyl original pressing of led zeppelin IV. The hunt is fun... The process of listening is fun. The way you're kind of forced to listen to the whole album instead of effortlessly skipping around is fun. It was the first time I had ever heard early metal. My mom asked a young me if Id ever heard Stairway to Heaven and played it for me. I was hooked.... This reminiscing is EXTREMELY fun.

But a digital remaster will sound way better. It's nostalgia we're after.
AceThedic
I win.
GoldMind
exr29070 said:

I win.
Thats probably a better album, but not by much.
Roy Rogers
GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

Clavine said:

nein51 said:

Pfffftttttt. I have a Beatles paste over Butcher Album.
nein51
Roy Rogers said:

GoldMind said:

nein51 said:

Clavine said:

nein51 said:

Pfffftttttt. I have a Beatles paste over Butcher Album.

Not a particularly good record and without the original cover not all that rare.

I came across an unmolested butcher cover a number of years ago and it was too rich for my blood.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.