Football
Sponsored by

Supposedly Texas and OU have reached out to the SEC about joining

57,852 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boognish_bear
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

Robert Wilson said:

boognish_bear said:

MrGolfguy said:

Zerooreo said:

boognish_bear said:

boognish_bear said:

And ALL of Baylor's fell under Coach Art Briles.

Wrong, 2019 was Coach Rhule. Baylor was Top 10 for 4 or 5 weeks that season
Also....technically....Grobe had them there. It was obviously a "Briles team"....but Grobe was HC in 2016 when we entered the ill-fated WSJ leak UT game ranked #8.
Still can't believe a bunch of Boomers did that to a bunch of 18-22 yo kids getting ready to play UT. Unconscionable.
Hearing that audio of Mack and the coaches before that game made me sick. That team was doomed with that kind of funk hanging around it.
Yep. Nauseating.
boognish_bear
Robert Wilson
boognish_bear said:

Kick them out now for cause and levy the penalty. Use the excess cash (penalty and their tier 1 and tier 2 until GOR expires) to sweeten the pot to invite 4 new members.
boognish_bear
Robert Wilson said:

boognish_bear said:

Kick them out now for cause and levy the penalty. Use the excess cash (penalty and their tier 1 and tier 2 until GOR expires) to sweeten the pot to invite 4 new members.

I don't know how all of this works legally, but it would be nice if the conference tried to take some agency in the situation and not just sit there and be dictated to. Even though the conference doesn't have any leverage, at least do something that looks proactive.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Zerooreo said:

Robert Wilson said:

BearFan33 said:

TeamPlayer said:

BearFan33 said:

jack.fuller said:

Welp.. Mack's beach vacation is over

I feel so much better now. I wonder if the left out ADs now realize that Bob Bowelsby has never looked after their interests.
What was he supposed to be doing? This conference never needed a commish. It's Joe and Chris running the show. This was destined to happen once Texas drove A&M east. Nobody was keeping those programs in against their will when they've always had options.
A good commish would be proactive, not reactive. He/she would talk the ADs into expansion (at least back to 12) and grab solid P5 lv schools when available (like FSU and Clemson). He would adopt a SEC like schedule and not promote idiotic things like "one true champion." He would have turned our conference into a hunter instead of prey. That is of course if he was looking out for all conference members.
Bowlsby's contract, signed years ago, expired at the end of the grant of rights. He never expanded the conference because UT and OU always wanted a way out. Bowslby was never looking out for the conference or its life beyond the GOR. He was working for UT and OU. We all just played along with it knowing this was the likely end. Baylor did a horrendous job of looking out for itself throughout this process, unless we have a safe landing spot already lined out that has not yet been announced.
Also provides further explanation as to why Coach Kim Mulkey got out when she did. Not only is Mack an unbearable ego-maniac, she got to the SEC (i.e. super conference) pronto once she learned of this move last year. She ain't got time to be associated with a second-tier school nor rinky dink administration.

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH WOMENS BASKETBALL. Basketball will not be affected. If the head coaching job for MBB came up at Villanova and Georgia, which one would you take?

This is about football. Period.
IowaBear
Don't hold your breath, B12 has been bending over backwards for OU/TX for years. Hell they're probably doing their best to make sure both get into the SEC
gobears20
Staff
Footage from the meeting
Not sure which AD this is

&ct=g
blackie
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Zerooreo said:

Robert Wilson said:

BearFan33 said:

TeamPlayer said:

BearFan33 said:

jack.fuller said:

Welp.. Mack's beach vacation is over

I feel so much better now. I wonder if the left out ADs now realize that Bob Bowelsby has never looked after their interests.
What was he supposed to be doing? This conference never needed a commish. It's Joe and Chris running the show. This was destined to happen once Texas drove A&M east. Nobody was keeping those programs in against their will when they've always had options.
A good commish would be proactive, not reactive. He/she would talk the ADs into expansion (at least back to 12) and grab solid P5 lv schools when available (like FSU and Clemson). He would adopt a SEC like schedule and not promote idiotic things like "one true champion." He would have turned our conference into a hunter instead of prey. That is of course if he was looking out for all conference members.
Bowlsby's contract, signed years ago, expired at the end of the grant of rights. He never expanded the conference because UT and OU always wanted a way out. Bowslby was never looking out for the conference or its life beyond the GOR. He was working for UT and OU. We all just played along with it knowing this was the likely end. Baylor did a horrendous job of looking out for itself throughout this process, unless we have a safe landing spot already lined out that has not yet been announced.
Also provides further explanation as to why Coach Kim Mulkey got out when she did. Not only is Mack an unbearable ego-maniac, she got to the SEC (i.e. super conference) pronto once she learned of this move last year. She ain't got time to be associated with a second-tier school nor rinky dink administration.

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH WOMENS BASKETBALL. Basketball will not be affected. If the head coaching job for MBB came up at Villanova and Georgia, which one would you take?

This is about football. Period.
Zerooreo (i.e. Mulder) is nothing more than a Texas troll.
Born_A_Bear
Fire Bowslby's and sue for breach of contract, incompetence, and just because.
whitetrash
Born_A_Bear said:

Fire Bosley and sue for breach of contract, incompetence, and just because.

This guy?

Born_A_Bear
Funny. Stress results in stupidity.
boognish_bear
RegentCoverup
There are similarities in universities reactions to Covid and this poor attempt at extorting the masses for a TV contract. The rip off handed to college students in the form of a complete move to online courses at the same price as real classes is one of the more shameless government scams since the 4 Food groups.

Universities are out of control, unaccountable and incapable of reigning in their costs.

This smacks of anti-trust violations...
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
gobears20
Staff
Osodecentx
oso de esqui said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

boognish_bear said:

State rep from north Texas area

How ? It is not on the agenda of the special session which is dead anyway.
At least someone is doing something
I think A&M, Tech, Baylor, and TCU alumni out number UT alumna in the Texas Lege house. The house sets the budget. That gives Jeff and others a fighting chance.
Speaker is UT ex
House Appropriations chairman is a UT ex

Lt Gov has 2 children who are Baylor exes
boognish_bear
PartyBear
Abbott won't do a damn thing.
BluesBear
Let em' go - stop waisting time and focus on the alternatives available. We are a solid all-around sports college + ranked nationally for education. Beautiful campus.

We wouldn't be the doormat in the ACC or the Pac 12.
PartyBear
I'm pretty zen about it. Just let it go. We will be fine in another P5 or as a G5.
Robert Wilson
The statement released this evening was pretty solid. Maybe the remaining eight will show a little bit of spine.

I still have my doubts though
Jack Bauer
Like being married to a high maintenance woman - just ready to bolt at the first offer that looks better.
historian
oso de esqui said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

boognish_bear said:

State rep from north Texas area

How ? It is not on the agenda of the special session which is dead anyway.
At least someone is doing something
I think A&M, Tech, Baylor, and TCU alumni out number UT alumna in the Texas Lege house. The house sets the budget. That gives Jeff and others a fighting chance.

Assuming they can all agree on something that will work. I find it very difficult to have that much faith in politicians.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
LondonBear said:

Let em' go - stop waisting time and focus on the alternatives available. We are a solid all-around sports college + ranked nationally for education. Beautiful campus.

Agree. Seems ridiculous to try and politically or legally force them to stay. This is happening one way or another.
historian
They only reason a legal battle might make sense is to gain some leverage for later. But that's not going to happen & no one now knows how that leverage might be needed. It's all speculation.
GShack
They will pay to bail. The only question now is when and how much.

They are gone. At best, Bowlsby is worthless. At worst he is adversarial now.

The remaining 8 are on their own and need to quickly figure out a plan.
historian
Probably
boognish_bear
Robert Wilson
1 - they're gone (or at least act like they are)

2 - pound them for the money
boognish_bear
historian
As if Texas or OU were the adults in the room.
historian
boognish_bear said:

It may be 110%.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.