RANDOM ARENA UPDATES

118,617 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Yogi
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ALL ABOARD!!!!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
Drove by the site today. Looks like construction has begun. The old Clifton Robinson parking garage has been removed and they are now digging for the pavilion.
Yogi
Reminds me of when Dr. Smith took us out to escavate the worksite for the Ferrell Center in 1987. They were just digging the bowl for the new arena at that time.
Media Bear

historian
Just imagine what it will look like when the season begins!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
whitetrash
historian said:

Just imagine what it will look like when the season begins!
ScottS
Yogi said:

Reminds me of when Dr. Smith took us out to escavate the worksite for the Ferrell Center in 1987. They were just digging the bowl for the new arena at that time.

Did you stop and offer to help dig some?
EatMoreSalmon
william
the site excavation subs arrived today!

worried they might be going the overly frugal route???

- kkm

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating large oatmeal raisin cookies }
Dale?
whitetrash
Drove by at lunchtime. Garage gone, except for an entrance to the basement of Robinson Tower, or the Batcave. Not sure which.

Also saw a Lloyd Nabors Demolition trailer there. Last time they were in town they were blowing up the football program.

Oh wait...they blew up the football stadium. The BOR blew up the football program.
EatMoreSalmon
Lloyd Nabors!

Shazam!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
We have drone footage from above as they clear on the YouTube interview with Mack.
Yogi
ScottS said:

Yogi said:

Don't remember how much the class cost, but I am guessing that is a "yes".
pwactwac
Are you referencing Walstein? If so, I actually worked for him at his private firm for a couple of years. A great American!
ScottS
Yogi said:

ScottS said:

Yogi said:

And would you be willing to help dig some on the new site?
william
Dale?
Yogi
ScottS said:

Yogi said:

ScottS said:

Yogi said:

And would you be willing to help dig some on the new site?
No, it's way below my pay grade for now.

I can actually still afford gasoline.

But the way this economy is going, who knows in a couple of years.

The World Needs Ditch Diggers Too - Bing video

ScottS
Oh it wouldn't be about pay but rather getting it finished faster.
EatMoreSalmon
I keep coming here to look at more arena pics, and I get lost....
Method Man
These are exciting times for Baylor University.
Yogi
EatMoreSalmon said:

There's nothing to see just yet.

I get up to Waco about once a week and will start taking some pics when the concrete pours.

Right now., they're still drilling.
william
Yogi said:

.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhllllllllllll ........

....eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaarllllllllll......

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating toast }
Dale?
BU82EX
whitetrash said:

Drove by at lunchtime. Garage gone, except for an entrance to the basement of Robinson Tower, or the Batcave. Not sure which.

Also saw a Lloyd Nabors Demolition trailer there. Last time they were in town they were blowing up the football program.

Oh wait...they blew up the football stadium. The BOR blew up the football program.
And by golly we are in better shape today than at anytime prior to 2016. Let's move forward with Mack Rhoades and Dave Aranda and stop re-hashing the events of the past.
LIB,MR BEARS
BU82EX said:

whitetrash said:

And by golly we are in better shape today than at anytime prior to 2016. Let's move forward with Mack Rhoades and Dave Aranda and stop re-hashing the events of the past.
Yes! And, let's not laugh at ourselves or have a sense of humor about past events.
McCavebear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

BU82EX said:

whitetrash said:

Yes! And, let's not laugh at ourselves or have a sense of humor about past events.
AND, let's get naked and eat ice cream!

SIC 'EM!
McCavebear Lives!
Media Bear
Yogi said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

There's nothing to see just yet.

I get up to Waco about once a week and will start taking some pics when the concrete pours.

Still digging ...

EatMoreSalmon
Ok….
Yogi
Nothing really going on, so I will post this:
Yogi
Just kidding. From Waco Town 07/27/2022

Yogi

CST Bear
To Yogi's pic of ferrell construction...

wow.

Circa 1987?
CTbruin
Yep
Yogi
CST Bear said:

wow.

Circa 1987?
That picture always fascinates me because you can see them building the top portion of the dome inside the arena.

BTW, I was in the Baylor University For Young People back then. It was a summer program where kids could take different courses taught by Baylor Professors. It's how I learned my first computer applications and coding.

Anyway, another one of my classes was Archeology with Calvin Smith. And, back in the summer of 1987, he had us excavating the site of the Ferrell Center. The only artifacts I came up with were some old dishes. Apparently, there had been house on that ploy of land prior, but I wonder now if it might have even been a dump. It was not unusual for the City of Waco to use the shores of the Brazos as a dump back in the day. In fact, much of the current football facilities are built on top of an old city dump in that area.
T-REX
Yogi said:

CST Bear said:

wow.

Circa 1987?
That picture always fascinates me because you can see them building the top portion of the dome inside the arena.

BTW, I was in the Baylor University For Young People back then. It was a summer program where kids could take different courses taught by Baylor Professors. It's how I learned my first computer applications and coding.

Anyway, another one of my classes was Archeology with Calvin Smith. And, back in the summer of 1987, he had us excavating the site of the Ferrell Center. The only artifacts I came up with were some old dishes. Apparently, there had been house on that ploy of land prior, but I wonder now if it might have even been a dump. It was not unusual for the City of Waco to use the shores of the Brazos as a dump back in the day. In fact, much of the current football facilities are built on top of an old city dump in that area.
yea, that holiday Inn really was a dump
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
LIB,MR BEARS
T-REX said:

Yogi said:

CST Bear said:

wow.

Circa 1987?

yea, that holiday Inn really was a dump
Micky's was a conundrum. Plenty of trash but, LOTS of treasure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.