RANDOM ARENA UPDATES

119,967 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
T-REX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi said:

Lights have been installed on the parking garage, and the ****ter is being removed.

imagine dropping it lol
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Yogi
I am sure the mock up is not accurate, but interesting that some seats have beer holders and some do not.

Oh, sorry. I meant Dr Pepper holders.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
T-REX said:

Yogi said:

Lights have been installed on the parking garage, and the ****ter is being removed.

imagine dropping it lol
Talk about "dropping a deuce"!
Yogi
I guess you can find GOLD at the end of a rainbow.

GREEN & GOLD.

Baylor17
The front row seats have them on the arm rests, the other seats have them attached to the backs of the seats in front of them, look in the shadows of your picture it's hard to see them.
Yogi
From a dampened McLane this afternoon...

Yogi
October 29. 2023 Drive-by

57Bear
Yogi said:

Could you do this again on a sunny day?
Yogi
57Bear said:

Yogi said:

Could you do this again on a sunny day?

I may have one from earlier this month. I need a sunny day to come up again when I am in Waco. These days, I get up there about once per week. Sometimes twice.
atomicblast
Chamberman said:

atomicblast said:

I'm assuming they were able to close the building in and get the AC going for the wooden floor to be laid on time then.
You're not serious are you? Do you even know how modern basketball floors are done? The wood is laid out in sections so they can take it up, store it, and then put it back down when needed. For a while we had the NCAA tourney floor when we played Duke in New Orleans as our main playing floor in Ferrell. They don't need for Foster to be climate controlled to put the floor down. They may even bring the floor from Ferrell over and use it.

No, I fuc king dont know how floors are installed. Am I supposed to be an expert dumb ass? This is just something I saw in passing. I'm going off what the John Morris interviewee said. Something about a dry in and they wanted AC units on or something. They talk about it at 2:30. Why the **** am I being grilled here as if I am supposed to be a consultant on ****ing basketball floors?

Dubblcans
atomicblast said:

Chamberman said:

atomicblast said:

I'm assuming they were able to close the building in and get the AC going for the wooden floor to be laid on time then.
You're not serious are you? Do you even know how modern basketball floors are done? The wood is laid out in sections so they can take it up, store it, and then put it back down when needed. For a while we had the NCAA tourney floor when we played Duke in New Orleans as our main playing floor in Ferrell. They don't need for Foster to be climate controlled to put the floor down. They may even bring the floor from Ferrell over and use it.

No, I fuc king dont know how floors are installed. Am I supposed to be an expert dumb ass? This is just something I saw in passing. I'm going off what the John Morris interviewee said. Something about a dry in and they wanted AC units on or something. They talk about it at 2:30. Why the **** am I being grilled here as if I am supposed to be a consultant on ****ing basketball floors?

What's funny is Chamberman is completely wrong, They have the wood curing right now.
Adriacus Peratuun
ABC123 said:

atomicblast said:

Chamberman said:

atomicblast said:

What's funny is Chamberman is completely wrong, They have the wood curing right now.
FYI, it is acclimation not curing. Feel certain that wood was already dried before shipping.
Two very different processes. In fact, in this case (being by the river) think that acclimation likely means that the flooring is absorbing some slight amount of moisture.
MrGolfguy
atomicblast said:

atomicblast
MrGolfguy said:

atomicblast said:

Sorry blew my lid, just had it with the "technically" crowd. It's so damn annoying interacting with anyone nowadays. I think Chamberman is right for multiuser facilities like Boise State's, ours is a basketball facility first so maybe that's why we're getting a wooden floor permanently there?
MrGolfguy
Chill, just a joke - its all good.
atomicblast
ABC123 said:

atomicblast said:

Chamberman said:

atomicblast said:

That is awesome! Look how close those seats are to the floor! And gonna seat 7,500? Place is really gonna be loud as heck.
Yogi
Lights are on! Party is about to begin!

Yogi
The tower crane for the parking garage came down yesterday.

So, we are getting close!!!!
Yogi
Scoreboards being installed.

atomicblast
Yogi said:

Scoreboards being installed.

That's a pretty sight.
Yogi

historian
Baylor should install a large LCD billboard on the interstate near the Foster or McLane advertising games and announcing big wins. Yes, we will eventually get back to winning football games as well.
Yogi
historian said:

Baylor should install a large LCD billboard on the interstate near the Foster or McLane advertising games and announcing big wins. Yes, we will eventually get back to winning football games as well.
I agree as to signage. There was originally supposed to be a large marquee for McLane by the way that was later scrapped.

There will be a large video board on the parking garage that Baylor is paying for.
Yogi
From 11/07/2023

BearFan33
Yogi said:

From 11/07/2023

I thought you were going to pull someone over Yogi. Nice dashcam view!
historian
Thanks!

It's a great idea but won't be visible from the interstate.
martin18
Is there any info on the broadcast setup at Foster?
Yogi
BearFan33 said:

Yogi said:

From 11/07/2023

I thought you were going to pull someone over Yogi. Nice dashcam view!

Quick back story: it's a necessity, not a novelty.

There was a person making claims that my family and me were in places that we were never at. So, in order to protect ourselves, we now all keep separate travel logs and have dash cameras in order to prove our whereabouts. It's a pain in the ass, but these days, you have to be ready to prove your innocence.

historian
ATXBear99
Has Baylor put out an update with J-Mo recently?
Yogi
ATXBear99 said:

Has Baylor put out an update with J-Mo recently?

No. Last one is still the last one. From September, I believe.
historian
Maybe they will have another gif the holidays, when Foster is almost ready to be open.
T-REX
New video today
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
DanaDane
I'll be the naysayer. I don't think it's gonna be ready by Jan 2nd.
BearFan33
I can't wait to see this technological marvel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.