RANDOM ARENA UPDATES

119,999 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm hearing rumors that the first event at the new arena, to be used as a "shake down" , will be a concert by Sammy Hagar.
SMack
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I'm hearing rumors that the first event at the new arena, to be used as a "shake down" , will be a concert by Sammy Hagar.

Yes, I've heard the same thing. Apparently, he will be introduced by former Baylor interim president David GARland.
twwdc
It would be great to see a few updated pictures of the Pavilion. Haven't seen many new views lately
gobears20
Staff
whitetrash
gobears20 said:

So it looks like the garage will have only one lane in and one lane out, with the entrance/exit around on the back side of the garage closest to the arena entrance. Assuming 10-15 seconds for each car to back out of its space (also assuming it has room to back out), plus stopping exiting garage traffic every 90-120 seconds or so to let pedestrians pass on U-P, it could easily take 45-55 minutes to clear the garage after a game. You might get home sooner if you park at Ninfa's and walk.

Also, the City says there are 550 parking spaces. BU says there are 455 parking spaces. Either BU is holding back 95 spaces for coaches, players, and plaid-sportcoat wearing athletic department officials, the City is keeping a few spaces for other uses, or somebody's numbers don't add up.
Booboo Bear
Between the parking garage and CR Tower, you won't hardly be able to see the arena except from the other side of the river. It's like hiding your light under a bushel.

Maybe time for CR Tower to go boom.
T-REX
Booboo Bear said:

Between the parking garage and CR Tower, you won't hardly be able to see the arena except from the other side of the river. It's like hiding your light under a bushel.

Maybe time for CR Tower to go boom.
that time came 10 years ago
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
historian
I like the CR tower. I hope it never goes away.

FP is quite vi at able from the highway for southbound traffic. Northbound traffic will only see part but it will be enough. They will be looking more at McLane anyway. If they are driving, hopefully they will be paying more attention to traffic!!
Yogi
Drove by today and she looks ready for some basketball!!!!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
Really though, 07/02/2023

historian
Thanks for sharing some great photos.

Looking great!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Yogi
Baylor and Waco flags have been added to the tower crane.

T-REX
Yogi said:

Baylor and Waco flags have been added to the tower crane.

hell yes!
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
JP1037
Yogi said:

Drove by today and she looks ready for some basketball!!!!

Dang Funny. Well played.
Chamberman
Hopefully there is something in the landscaping budget to clean up the riverfront area.

SMack
They have sent several crews down to clear the debris in the river, but they never come back.
Redbrickbear
Chamberman said:

Hopefully there is something in the landscaping budget to clean up the riverfront area.

I am sure once the new arena is open and crowds are using the area on a regular basis it will be put on the schedule as a regular cleaning priority for the city.

As of right now its just a construction site.

LIB,MR BEARS
SMack said:

They have sent several crews down to clear the debris in the river, but they never come back.

Garn but not forgotten
Yogi
SMack said:

Funny thing is that it is actually the opposite.

They have to keep sending them back over and over because the nature of the river is that all the junk floats downstream to Waco where it winds up in a dammed lake. So, it all clusters downtown. around the banks and bridge piers.

That will be an never ending task with the Brazos.

Redbrickbear
Yogi said:

SMack said:

Funny thing is that it is actually the opposite.

They have to keep sending them back over and over because the nature of the river is that all the junk floats downstream to Waco where it winds up in a dammed lake. So, it all clusters downtown. around the banks and bridge piers.

That will be an never ending task with the Brazos.

"the Brazos still runs muddy (and trashy) like she's run all along. There ain't never been no cane to grind, the cotton's all but gone"
historian
We must not forget that what we call the Brazos River downtown and next to campus is actually a lake with the dam just past the LaSalle Bridge. No doubt that impacts the natural flow of water, although not where the debris ends up.
Bexar Pitts
SMack said:

Gar 7 - Workers 0 Edit: My apologies to the many Gar aficionados...No "s" in Gar....Never caught a nice stringer of "basses"
Gentle Ben
I thought CR Tower was large and the new arena was small. From the pictures it is quite the opposite.
Grimm
Is the flat roof thing on the river side going to be a porch? If not, they missed a huge opportunity.... Would be a cool outside area...
EatMoreSalmon
Bexar Pitts said:

SMack said:

Gar 7 - Workers 0 Edit: My apologies to the many Gar aficionados...No "s" in Gar....Never caught a nice stringer of "basses"
Stringing basses…
Bexar Pitts
Cool video! I've never caught one of those before...I did foul hook a tuba once down below the old dam.
LIB,MR BEARS
Bexar Pitts said:

Cool video! I've never caught one of those before...I did foul hook a tuba once down below the old dam.

I love catching drum
Bexar Pitts
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I love catching drum
Me too! I actually prefer a nice Snare...you can get more of 'em in the cooler for the trip home.
EatMoreSalmon
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I love catching drum
Glocks are good, too. But they tend to leave a ring around the livewell.
Yogi
Yogi
Got lucky with traffic last week. Dallas was about as easy going as Waco. I had a hearing down at the civil court's building and had planned for a little more traffic. Had I known I was going to make it that early, I would have called for a SicEm lunch.

It shouldn't be long until I am up there again. I know I have a hearing in Tarrant County in August and tentatively in Collin County in September.

historian
Wow! It's amazing that you were able to hit downtown Dallas with so little traffic. Not that I get up there very often but I don't remember ever seeing that little traffic on I 35.
twwdc
Yogi
Mothballs
Yogi said:

ALL ABOARD!!!!

All aboard ha ha ha ha ha

Ay ay ay ay ay

Crazy, but that's how it goes

Millions of people calling the gars foes

Maybe it's not too late

To learn how to love

And forget how to hate

I'm going after rails on a crazy train

I'm going after rails on a crazy train..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.