RANDOM ARENA UPDATES

119,987 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Floor design revealed

Aliceinbubbleland
No worries. Marrs McLean is available.
Yogi
I still say HOT Coliseum!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Floor design revealed

Because there's not enough space to call it "Bill Gates's New Girlfriend Floor"
Yogi
historian
I bet those special order scoreboards were expensive. Very unique shape
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Baylor17

Yogi
https://sicem365.com/s/16531/foster-pavilion-tour-with-henry-howard/1
Yogi
From today's tour/ video:

Yogi
Yogi
historian
Thanks for sharing! Great pics!

It looks like it will be great. It also seems they are working with speed to get it ready in time.
Russell Gym
1. Are they putting students in the yellow courtside seats, or did that plan get nixed?
2. Will students and other fans be allowed to stand and yell, or must they sit and clap politely?
3. How many actual "seats" for spectators are there? Not the pavilion "capacity" that includes both benches, concessions workers, standing room, cheerleaders, and referees … but actual seats?

Thanks in advance to those in the know.

For comparison:
Garland ISD Curtis Culwell Center
6,860 fixed seats
8,500 "capacity"
Yogi
I just hope that "teal" looking court looks better with the hunter green of the seating. In these pictures, they actually clash.

Most universities may not care about that kind of detail, but cable has an entire network created by a couple of our alums who are renowned for decorating.
Russell Gym
So the official University Green was not used on the court … it's "teal?"
Calrocks94
It's getting real the signage is going up on the building right now
Yogi
Calrocks94 said:

It's getting real the signage is going up on the building right now
Susancr
Is that maroon signage?
historian
The name "Foster Pavilion" is on red brick, like many buildings on Baylor campus, but the color looks a little off because it was taken closer to dusk than to midday.

Correction: I think it was early in the morning, shortly after sunrise.
Yogi
Susancr said:

Is that maroon signage?

How many national championships are we up to now?
GoodOleBaylorLine
It all looks badass
Jack Bauer
Official Logo Revealed

Quote:

Foster Forward12/22/2023 2:10:00 PM
WACO, Texas -- Baylor Athletics has announced a unique logo to commemorate the inaugural season at the Paul & Alejandra Foster Pavilion.

The Baylor men's and women's basketball teams will wear the logo as a uniform patch to commemorate the opening season.

The logo features Baylor's iconic Green & Gold colors, while highlighting the front entrance to the Foster Pavilion. There are two versions of the logo, including an evergreen logo for the facility, in similar fashion to the logo for McLane Stadium, and a version for 2024 meant to celebrate the inaugural season.

Baylor men's basketball will open the Foster Pavilion on Jan. 2 vs. Cornell, with the women hosting TCU on Jan. 3.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Official Logo Revealed

Quote:

Foster Forward12/22/2023 2:10:00 PM
WACO, Texas -- Baylor Athletics has announced a unique logo to commemorate the inaugural season at the Paul & Alejandra Foster Pavilion.

The Baylor men's and women's basketball teams will wear the logo as a uniform patch to commemorate the opening season.

The logo features Baylor's iconic Green & Gold colors, while highlighting the front entrance to the Foster Pavilion. There are two versions of the logo, including an evergreen logo for the facility, in similar fashion to the logo for McLane Stadium, and a version for 2024 meant to celebrate the inaugural season.

Baylor men's basketball will open the Foster Pavilion on Jan. 2 vs. Cornell, with the women hosting TCU on Jan. 3.

If they are wearing that patch on their shoulder, they should also put small patches shaped like a car or a truck on near the bottom hem of the shorts, to indicate the proximity of most of the parking to the arena.
Yogi
I bet it's a really tiny patch!
MrGolfguy
Yogi said:

Tiny arena, tiny patch
Russell Gym
MrGolfguy said:

Yogi said:

Tiny arena, tiny patch

It's hard to believe that high schools have bigger arenas.
EatMoreSalmon
Jack Bauer said:

Official Logo Revealed

Jane Seymour pavilion
Ramsey
Russell Gym said:

MrGolfguy said:

Yogi said:

Tiny arena, tiny patch

Here's a picture of the 1200 seat gymnasium at Allen High School north of Dallasl. Allen has a population of approximately 106,000 people compared to Waco's population of approximately 135,000 people. There is one high school in all of Allen and this is the arena. Allen's student body population is approximately 5300 students. While there may be some very old high school gyms technically larger than Foster, I don't think this is a very fair comment. Large high school arenas are also often built to serve multiple schools and accommodate large gatherings like graduations. They also don't feature expensive technology, club seating and other bells and whistles.

It was very wise for Baylor to build a modern, smaller arena.
Russell Gym
Ramsey said:

Russell Gym said:

MrGolfguy said:

Yogi said:

Tiny arena, tiny patch

Here's a picture of the 1200 seat gymnasium at Allen High School north of Dallasl. Allen has a population of approximately 106,000 people compared to Waco's population of approximately 135,000 people. There is one high school in all of Allen and this is the arena. Allen's student body population is approximately 5300 students. While there may be some very old high school gyms technically larger than Foster, I don't think this is a very fair comment. Large high school arenas are also often built to serve multiple schools and accommodate large gatherings like graduations. They also don't feature expensive technology, club seating and other bells and whistles.

I agree. Didn't make a statement that smaller is bad. Baylor has never consistently filled Ferrell, even in the best of times. Empty seats are bad.
Ramsey
Russell Gym said:

Ramsey said:

Russell Gym said:

MrGolfguy said:

Yogi said:

Tiny arena, tiny patch

I agree. Didn't make a statement that smaller is bad. Baylor has never consistently filled Ferrell, even in the best of times. Empty seats are bad.
Johnny2Chips
Does anyone know where to park before the parking garage is finished?
historian
Check with Baylor but my guess is McLane Stadium parking lot, for those who pay, or downtown with the free shuttle. Just like football games but a shorter distance.
historian
EatMoreSalmon said:

Jack Bauer said:

Official Logo Revealed

Jane Seymour pavilion
At least she did not have her head chopped off! That was the fate of two of Henry's wives and several other people associated with him, including Sir Thomas More and the man who arranged his fourth marriage!
Big12Bear
Johnny2Chips said:

Does anyone know where to park before the parking garage is finished?
https://baylorbears.com/news/2023/12/19/foster-forward-getting-to-the-pavilion.aspx
Calrocks94
Throwing out a miracle I'm in need of one ticket for the game. If anybody has one that aren't trying to rob me for it I will gladly take one. I just need one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.