RANDOM ARENA UPDATES

120,014 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
FlyinDubGreenGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not exactly pavilion updated...just pavilion adjacent.

The City Council will hear updates on the Riverwalk re-design process as well updates from Catalyst Urban on their new phase of development next door to Pavilion. Catalyst's new phase has been upgraded with another parking garage, additional restaurants, and apartments.

Check out pages 14 - 36 of the City Council Agenda for images of the Riverwalk re-design; including a new back-lit water wall under I-35 connecting BU to downtown, as well as a complete overhaul of the harbor next to Foster Pavilion.
whitetrash
Today I noticed the first form in place for construction of a retaining wall on the end closest to the river. Still drilling in pilings elsewhere on site.
CorsicanaBear
Looked at the plans/proposals presented to City Council and like them. Now we need to see the maintenance budget and plans for keeping the bums/panhandlers out so they can be enjoyed.
Mothballs
CorsicanaBear said:

Looked at the plans/proposals presented to City Council and like them. Now we need to see the maintenance budget and plans for keeping the bums/panhandlers out so they can be enjoyed.

RegentCoverup
CorsicanaBear said:

Those are UT fans, dog.
ScottS
Mothballs said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Lost Chris Farley wayyyy to early. In that video you can see he is even making actors/comedians (Spade and Applegate) laugh during the skit when their role was to sit there and be serious.
SMack
Have they addressed the gar problem?

I know that was a problem when they were constructing McLane Stadium. All of the deaths and dismemberments from the gar attacks were successfully covered up by the prior regime, and most of the deaths since then have been OU fans going noodling.

Maybe we can appease the gar by throwing them a homeless man every once in a while. That would solve two problems at once.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

Those are UT fans, dog.
You are no doubt correct, we've all seen the t-shirts, but the question remains open.
Media Bear
SMack said:

I know that was a problem when they were constructing McLane Stadium. All of the deaths and dismemberments from the gar attacks were successfully covered up by the prior regime, and most of the deaths since then have been OU fans going noodling.

Maybe we can appease the gar by throwing them a homeless man every once in a while. That would solve two problems at once.
Actually, there was a person who tragically died on the job when McLane and its connecting bridges were being built. Not a gar, but a construction accident. Two workers were tethered to a lift on barge when the lift tumbled off the barge and into a freezing Brazos River. One worker was able to free himself from his tether, but not the other.

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/facilities/stadium-arena/article/15147625/family-gets-nearly-18m-in-baylor-stadium-death-suit

Mothballs
Media Bear said:

SMack said:

Actually, there was a person who tragically died on the job when McLane and its connecting bridges were being built. Not a gar, but a construction accident. Two workers were tethered to a lift on barge when the lift tumbled off the barge and into a freezing Brazos River. One worker was able to free himself from his tether, but not the other.

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/facilities/stadium-arena/article/15147625/family-gets-nearly-18m-in-baylor-stadium-death-suit

Gar related???
Yogi
SMack said:

I believe they are going to install the "gar bar" in the foyer of the place.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
EatMoreSalmon
Yogi said:

SMack said:

I believe they are going to install the "gar bar" in the foyer of the place.
Media Bear
Mothballs said:

Media Bear said:

SMack said:

Gar related???
See bold.
SMack
They claim that it wasn't gar-related.

That's what they want you to think.
EatMoreSalmon
Anything new on arena site?
ScottS
Have the gar figured out this arena is going in?
SMack
ScottS said:

My sources tell me that sightings are frequent near the construction site, and several people have gone missing after being seen near the water.
LIB,MR BEARS
Rhino is short for rhinoceros
Hippo is short for hippopotamus

They know!

https://www.google.com/search?q=gargantuan&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
fubar
SMack said:

ScottS said:

My sources tell me that sightings are frequent near the construction site, and several people have gone missing after being seen near the water.
Between the gar and the asteroid, we really don't stand a chance. Do we?
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Mothballs
SMack said:

ScottS said:

Extreme danger awaits Oregon at McLane on 09/11/2027:

ScottS
Additional trouble about the Alligator gar...

The fish's eggs are poisonous to humans if ingested. The toxicity of gar eggs serves as a defense mechanism against predators such as crustaceans or humans.
EatMoreSalmon

Local boatmen talking about dangerous garrr.

Are gar attacking photographers and drones?
Still no pics?
SMack
I heard that the gar are causing problems with the construction of the Fudge Football facility. As a result, they had to close the sidewalk by the river from the baseball stadium to Billville.

The official story is that it's related to the construction, but it's really the gar.
SMack
fubar said:

SMack said:

ScottS said:

Between the gar and the asteroid, we really don't stand a chance. Do we?
I'm looking into making the Marsha Warfield Visitor Center both gar-resistant and asteroid-resistant.

I asked them to build those features into the Hurd Howdy Hut. They carefully considered my proposal, but ultimately decided against it. At least I think they considered it; it was hard to tell after the police officers jumped me.
historian
Sad how a once decent thread is descended into nonsense.
T-REX
historian said:

being eaten by a a zombie gar is not nonsense
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
fubar
The dinosaurs thought an asteroid was nonsense. You seen any dinosaurs lately?
T-REX
fubar said:

The dinosaurs thought an asteroid was nonsense. You seen any dinosaurs lately?
every time i look in the mirror
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Mothballs
historian said:

SMack
I'm still looking for the decent part of the thread.
ScottS
Didn't the gar cause alot of trouble in the Bill and Vara Daniel Historic Village? To the point where people coming out of the Village saloon were injured or totally eaten?
Redbrickbear
I'm just here for the gar updates.
LIB,MR BEARS
ScottS said:

Didn't the gar cause alot of trouble in the Bill and Vara Daniel Historic Village? To the point where people coming out of the Village saloon were injured or totally eaten?
I think a gar(s) ate the alumni association.
fubar
SMack said:

I'm still looking for the decent part of the thread.
We're performing a series of public service announcements here. If people don't take the gar and asteroid updates seriously, they might end up eaten (or blown to smithereens).

I'd like to thank ScottS for the gar egg info. My dog found some in the Missouri the other day -- right before she vanished -- and we were considering gar omelettes. Not now though.
Mothballs
LIB,MR BEARS said:

ScottS said:

I think a gar(s) ate the alumni association.

Gargantuan news

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.