RANDOM ARENA UPDATES

120,016 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi said:

How do the gar feel about the completion date? Springtime is mating season and we don't want to agitate the critters. We must honor the gar for Heavens sake. Many a young Huaco Indian Brave have given their lives for the gar!
Yogi
Mothballs said:

Yogi said:

ALL ABOARD!!!!

All aboard ha ha ha ha ha

Ay ay ay ay ay

Crazy, but that's how it goes

Millions of people calling the gars foes

Maybe it's not too late

To learn how to love

And forget how to hate

I'm going after rails on a crazy train

I'm going after rails on a crazy train..

Solid.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
Google has updated from earlier this year.

T-REX
Yogi said:

Google has updated from earlier this year.

wonder what else has been updated by the spy cameras.....
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Calrocks94
Yogi
For those who would like an animated tour of the new facilities, this is very cool.

https://baylorbears.com/feature/paul-and-alejandra-foster-pavilion

The people walking in place creep me out a little, though...

GoodOleBaylorLine
That's awesome

Love the score on the scoreboard -- Baylor 80 KU 70 !!!
Mothballs
Yogi said:

For those who would like an animated tour of the new facilities, this is very cool.

https://baylorbears.com/feature/paul-and-alejandra-foster-pavilion

The people walking in place creep me out a little, though...

Thanks Yogi.

The animated people should be replaced with gar. Just sayin'
EatMoreSalmon
SMack
There's also a brief flyover view of Gar Bay.
wongobear
Another challenger emerges: Fisherman lands 283-pound 'river monster' to beat 72-year-old angling world record (fox4news.com)

JASPER, Texas - Art Weston is at it again in Deep East Texas with another fish tale for the ages.

The Kentucky angler just snagged another gigantic alligator gar on a journey with his fishing guide, Captain Kirk Kirkland, aboard his boat rightfully named the "Garship Enterprise."
Big12Bear
September update.

whitetrash
Big12Bear said:

September update.

I heard Mack say back in August that it was critical that the building was fully closed in, the power on and the A/C installed and working in September, because they needed all those things working before they could install the wood floor, and it would take 3 months for the floor to "cure" and be ready for play. So they've got 2 weeks at most to get all that done or we're getting January basketball on LaSalle.
Big12Bear
whitetrash said:

Big12Bear said:

September update.

I heard Mack say back in August that it was critical that the building was fully closed in, the power on and the A/C installed and working in September, because they needed all those things working before they could install the wood floor, and it would take 3 months for the floor to "cure" and be ready for play. So they've got 2 weeks at most to get all that done or we're getting January basketball on LaSalle.
Pretty tight window.

The last three years we have opened conference play on the road in Ames, including as early as New Years Eve last year. May have to play a game at Ferrell or open with two roadies.
WrestlingDad
When will seating selection take place?
beardoc
October, final date not clear.
LIB,MR BEARS
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0RGB5JvQdyYKgbMiTmWh3MHoVEBhUjptWKnyEpedSnUtWSpLzXtzzXDp3EppVmpQMl&id=100064506081375&mibextid=qC1gEa
MattyIce
Big12Bear said:

whitetrash said:

Big12Bear said:

September update.

Pretty tight window.

The last three years we have opened conference play on the road in Ames, including as early as New Years Eve last year. May have to play a game at Ferrell or open with two roadies.

They said conference games at the new place, they better be at the new place with the new price of tickets
Big12Bear
MattyIce said:

Big12Bear said:

whitetrash said:

Big12Bear said:

September update.

Pretty tight window.

They said conference games at the new place, they better be at the new place with the new price of tickets
Per Ashley on another thread, we open Foster on 1/2 with Cornell - plus all the conference games.
MattyIce
Nice!
atomicblast
Any updates? So excited about new buildings!
Big12Bear
atomicblast
I'm assuming they were able to close the building in and get the AC going for the wooden floor to be laid on time then.
Bexar Pitts
atomicblast said:

I'm assuming they were able to close the building in and get the AC going for the wooden floor to be laid on time then.
"Wooden" floor? I was told we're goin' with concrete floor and steel nets...Much better option if we get the dreaded 5,000 year flood or if the Nutria construct a mega-dam downstream...Far less clean up time and much quicker reopen...
Yogi
JhnWstbrk
What happened to all of the student seating? Trying to figure out where the band might be placed..
T-REX
JhnWstbrk said:

What happened to all of the student seating? Trying to figure out where the band might be placed..
student seating is yellow seats behind the bench areas along the side line, the 1st level baseline on 1 end closest to opposing bench, and another section up high in 200 level on opposite end of court. Not sure about the band
Baylor MBA 2023
BUAL
Bexar Pitts said:

atomicblast said:

"Wooden" floor? I was told we're goin' with concrete floor and steel nets...Much better option if we get the dreaded 5,000 year flood or if the Nutria construct a mega-dam downstream...Far less clean up time and much quicker reopen...

Congrete floor. Fresh though like a new park outside of your Aunt's house in Sun City, AZ. None of the olds messing up the court. Stell nets. Double rims. We are ready!
Chamberman
atomicblast said:

You're not serious are you? Do you even know how modern basketball floors are done? The wood is laid out in sections so they can take it up, store it, and then put it back down when needed. For a while we had the NCAA tourney floor when we played Duke in New Orleans as our main playing floor in Ferrell. They don't need for Foster to be climate controlled to put the floor down. They may even bring the floor from Ferrell over and use it.

DanaDane
Are we 100% sure this is going to be done in time for the Cornell game? Or, is the target to have it functional but still working on it through the Spring?
T-REX
Chamberman said:

atomicblast said:

You're not serious are you? Do you even know how modern basketball floors are done? The wood is laid out in sections so they can take it up, store it, and then put it back down when needed. For a while we had the NCAA tourney floor when we played Duke in New Orleans as our main playing floor in Ferrell. They don't need for Foster to be climate controlled to put the floor down. They may even bring the floor from Ferrell over and use it.

Actually they do. A brand new floor has to cure. While it is removable as needed, that only applies once a brand new floor has been installed and cured. So yes, as they have said numerous times concerning the timeline of being ready for big 12 play, the arena had to reach a certain point to allow climate control by a deadline to allow floor installation. We are not reusing the Ferrell floor.
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
DanaDane said:

Are we 100% sure this is going to be done in time for the Cornell game? Or, is the target to have it functional but still working on it through the Spring?
We will play games but it won't he fully complete. Practice gyms and locker rooms won't be finished for a while after the season actually.
Baylor MBA 2023
DanaDane
Chamberman
T-REX said:

We are not reusing the Ferrell floor.
The point is that we could if needed.
Yogi

Lights have been installed on the parking garage, and the ****ter is being removed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.