Recruiting

240,782 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know if we have offered Chloe Kitts yet? and if we haven't I wonder why???

She is friends with Kyla from when she was in Florida during the AAU season

Also Gisella Maul from Ceder Park in Texas she is class of
2023 and is in the state tournament this weekend. Hopefully this is when the coaches are scouting her.

Brusinbear2001
Also i have a really big feeling Cox will want to play volleyball at the next level and that could be why we lose her not because of the program or anything.

And the way we have been recruiting I think we upgraded from Sammie especially with the class we are bringing in this year we got 3 versions of her.
And i know Bella is not a high recruit but she was way up there maybe higher than Buggs before her injury so be on the look out for her
BUbearinARK
Brusinbear2001 said:

Does anyone know if we have offered Chloe Kitts yet? and if we haven't I wonder why???

2023 and is in the state tournament this weekend. Hopefully this is when the coaches are scouting her.

Get her in the weight room and then shooting for the bears.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbearinARK said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Get her in the weight room and then shooting for the bears.
and her release point up above her hips
Brusinbear2001
I wasn't saying they were like starting 5 ready while they are juniors. But these two are some of the top players in their state.
Dcheetah
Almost certain Chloe has been offered even if not announced because CNC retweets her alot and doesn't do this with any other recruit we follow other than occasionally Hannah Hidalgo or signed recruits.
Dcheetah
Like a recruit...

https://twitter.com/Jayasberry/status/1499899979493740549?t=7mBdbUvm6hASTuaGmYKedA&s=19
Brusinbear2001
Bickle mentioned it in the press that her a ja'mee will be back
Lynnp550
Are you referencing Chloe or Griselda? Thinking either or both would be a very nice addition.
ScottS
What if we offer Smith $2M in NIL to return?
Dcheetah
Chloe Kitts
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/caitlin_bickle/status/1499905716554973185?t=LKzazlXyGkmFSMNpeiOvKw&s=19
Brusinbear2001
I believe this is BIG for the development of Kyla is Bickle she will help set her up for success as a post and what Nicki wants and how she can grow
BuinmyBlood
Brusinbear2001 said:

In that video, Chloe looks like a Cameron Brink (Stanford) clone. And I'd take that all day...
Brusinbear2001
i don't know how i forgot about Texas A&M losing Blair but do you think the portal will be busy coming out of College Station?
Dcheetah
Chloe Finals MVP

https://twitter.com/DMEACADEMYGBB/status/1499824604147335168?t=tUenTkPGav6-hC2KbddmPg&s=19
BU71
I'd like to hear from some of you about next year's prospects. I think we will be strong on the perimeter with three experienced returnees and three 6'0"-6'1" recruits. My concerns are about the frontcourt. It seems that the incoming freshman post has great potential but there will be a learning curve. We know what we will get from Bickle. I think Gillispie will be good on offense but she is dealing with a leg issue and she needs more time with the coaches to reach her potential. I think we need at least one more post player, through the portal, who can contribute. Any ideas what's out there and what our chances are?
Brusinbear2001
There is the girl from USC in the portal apparently Angel I believe is her name but in the next month or two we will start seeing the portal explode and get some good talent in there. Look towards the teams that had great players and lose early in the tournament. Jordan i watched her last year torch North Carolina by herself i believe she scored 30+ and i was like we need to get her and we did. I believe Bella can play post sort of like a bickle and darianna can play post as well. From the highlights and film i seen on Bella she reminds me of Matthew Mayer from the mens team who is a very tall guard that can switch if needed. The thing about all of are recruits they are super athletic.
Big Bear
I mentioned this girl, Angel Jackson, on another thread several days ago. She is 6'-5". She may well be the individual referred in that thread.
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

Gisella Maul from Cedar Park in Texas
she is class of 2023 and is in the state tournament this weekend.
Hopefully this is when the coaches are scouting her.

HC Nicki Collen on the road
Texas Girls Basketball State Championships
March 3 - 5, 2022

Wbbfan29
The rumored 6'5 is a international player
Big Bear
Thanks 29. Do you know any more? From where? etc. Angel is a very good player..thought we might be a player.
Wbbfan29
Not sure from where. I know angel was close to transferring to us at the beginning of the season, but was convinced to stay. Not sure if she is still looking at Bu.
74Bear
If we know Egbo is gone, we could use at least two plus the incoming freshman. Just my opinion. We have been lucky injury wise this year.
blueeyedbear
74Bear said:

If we know Egbo is gone, we could use at least two plus the incoming freshman. Just my opinion. We have been lucky injury wise this year.
It has not been just because of luck (a factor no doubt) - Niki's and Jeramie's post game recovery regiment while disliked by the team has PAID HUGH DIVIDENDS especially in those back to back games where we actually looked to have fresher legs then the opponent in the 4th quarter - especially at Texas. Fatigue is a common denominator in most injuries. My guess is Niki and Jeramie are going to be getting a lot of calls from coaches and trainers wanting to know what they are doing.
blairbear
And that recovery routine and time management between games will be critical for us going into the tournament. The fact that we have a plan that has been used for most of the season is huge.
bawitdaball
blueeyedbear said:

74Bear said:

It has not been just because of luck (a factor no doubt) - Niki's and Jeramie's post game recovery regiment while disliked by the team has PAID HUGH DIVIDENDS especially in those back to back games where we actually looked to have fresher legs then the opponent in the 4th quarter - especially at Texas. Fatigue is a common denominator in most injuries. My guess is Niki and Jeramie are going to be getting a lot of calls from coaches and trainers wanting to know what they are doing.

And hopefully she doesn't pick up her phone.
Brusinbear2001
Soooo i have a belief that Blackwell from Mizzou could hit the portal soon, she is having beef with past players and the coaching staff. Not just any plate Cunningham which is probably one of the better players to come out of Mizzou lately. I could be totally wrong but I feel it. She is now doing the same NIL thing that Chloe and Lyss are doing so this could be radar thing.
Dcheetah
Go DLB!!!

Chloe being looked at

Brusinbear2001
Bella won the Award for Missouri!!!
Dcheetah
Yep!

Brusinbear2001
anyone hearing how Catarina is performing? I know she will come into the program as a sophomore.
Dcheetah
A lot of hit and miss. Big games followed by games in stretches where shooting is poor. 31 game avgs for shooting % and 3pt% are both just over 35%, good rebounder averaging almost 7 per game and almost 3 assts per game but high in turnovers 4 per game.
Definitely talented but will need to play with much more consistency and decrease turnovers.
Brusinbear2001
Maybe they will get her with Bickle and be that type of player for baylor. Be our energy while she is developing to the speed of the game
Dcheetah
G. Maul for TX

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.