Recruiting

240,791 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baylorbear33 said:

the timing part is a head-scratcher for me.

*Partial timeline under construction*
MISSISSIPPI STATE (MSU) Historical highlights

Apr 05, 2020 Departure of HC Vic Schaefer
Apr 11, 2020 Nikki McCray-Penson hired as HC MSU
Jun 26, 2020 2021 Jasmine Shavers verbal commits to MSU
Nov 17, 2020 Jasmine Shavers MSU NLI signed
2020-21 MSU roster (6) left to play for
Mar 09, 2021 Xaria Wiggins > Auburn
Mar 16, 2021 JaMya Mingo-Young > Alabama
Mar 18, 2021 Sidney Cooks > Seton Hall
Mar 18, 2021 Yemiyah Morris > West Virginia
Mar 29, 2021 Madison Hayes > North Carolina State
Apr 06, 2021 Aliyah Matharu > Texas
Jul 19, 2021 Rickea Jackson 1st ever signed by Detroit-based brand The Black Athlete
Aug 28, 2021 Jessika Carter arrested for a simple assault charge
Sep 07, 2021 Doug Novak HC Division III Bethel University hired as MSU associate head coach
Oct 12, 2021 HC Nikki McCray-Penson steps down to focus on health
Oct 12, 2021 Doug Novak named interim head coach
Oct 19, 2021 Preseason Media Poll selects MSU as #9 of 14 SEC teams
Oct 28, 2021 Jessika Carter still with the program but "taking some time away" from team
Nov 08, 2021 Jasmine Shavers entered Transfer Portal
Nov 09, 2021 Rickea Jackson named to Preseason Wooden Award Top 50
Nov 10, 2021 MSU signs 1 player: Debreasha Powe
Nov 26, 2021 Jasmine Shavers > Texas Tech
Nov 27, 2021 KN'isha Godfrey entered Transfer Portal
Dec 12, 2021 KN'isha Godfrey > TCU
Jan 05, 2022 Rickea Jackson named to Midseason Wooden Award Top 25 Watch list
Jan 25, 2022 Rickea Jackson entered Transfer Portal
Brusinbear2001
yeah it is just soooo much going on there and on top of that they are not winning at all really so it makes sense to me personally.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Rylee Grays, a really good 2023 post from Pearland HS:
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Recruits love the staff
blueeyedbear
Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Recruits love the staff
Yes they do.......We just need transfer that to signatures !!!
Brusinbear2001
oh i think we will for sure look what we did with the 2022 recruiting class in just a couple of months. I have a feeling we will get 2 great players out of the portal. This Staff is hard working and they do it cause they love to work with one another and they feed off of each other's strengths. Like from what i see i think Tari and Chloe are going to be the better recruiters in terms of assistants but Tony is great at player development especially for our guards.
woodsa75
What happened with Wagner and Lauren's little sister
Brusinbear2001
Wagner didn't have us in her list Lauren Sister i am unsure i know she was in volleyball season so i don't know about the recruiting process much for her. But Sammie was about KM not baylor. But i think the class we got this year replaced that pretty well.
Lynnp550
Recruits love the staff, the team chemistry, the pro-style play, possible playing time, winning culture……these days, for a potential Baylor WBB recruit, what's not to like?
slimecap
woodsa75 said:

What happened with Wagner
blueeyedbear
woodsa75 said:

What happened with Wagner and Lauren's little sister

Wagner is gone -
Laurens little sister is a great kid, Fantastic fit for BU, She would be a great role player for CHC but of all the Cox sisters she is by far the most sensitive and I can't see her coming to Baylor to face the inevitable unfair comparisons to her big sis.
blueeyedbear
Lynnp550 said:

Recruits love the staff, the team chemistry, the pro-style play, possible playing time, winning culture……these days, for a potential Baylor WBB recruit, what's not to like?
Agreed, Yes it's all good to like - word is getting out there and recruits are paying attention. The buzz is a new sheriff is in town with a whole new team philosophy and player development - I agree what's not to like
bawitdaball
The fact that many of Mulkey's players didn't translate to the WNBA (yes I know some did) means that this staff has an entirely different pitch, especially for guards.
Dcheetah
That is a very encouraging tweet from Rylee's Dad.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
The new Ysabella Fontleroy (WBB) IG video looks promising.
Big Bear
Does anyone know if we are interested in Rickea Jackson who just entered the portal. Miss. St. player, 6-2, 20+ ppg., 8+ rug., great credentials?
slimecap
Big Bear said:

Does anyone know if we are interested in Rickea Jackson who just entered the portal. Miss. St. player, 6-2, 20+ ppg., 8+ rug., great credentials?
Word on the street is that Texas head coach Vic Schaefer
is 1 of many coaches pursuing transfer Rickea Jackson:

Rumblings have many schools in the mix ... including Baylor.
Here is a tweet from Rickea's mother
that addresses returning calls from coaches

Stay tuned !
Brusinbear2001
if jackson goes to Texas I wonder how it will rub the other players and if it will cause any of them to hit the portal.
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

if jackson goes to Texas I wonder how it will rub the other players and if it will cause any of them to hit the portal.
Word on the street Rickea Jackson could enter the 2023 WNBA Draft.
Whichever school she chooses, her playing time could possibly be short.
Jpbu152001
So a one year rental. While not perfect I see her as someone who could help carry the load next year and help ease the freshman in to the speed of college ball at this high of a level. Two years of someone that good is preferable but 1 is better than none!
Jpbu152001
Maybe- it feels like they have a ton of young (freshman/sophomore) similar types of players.
Also feels like he has a big roster. I admittedly didn't look this up nor follow them super close, so I could be way off here.
slimecap
Jpbu152001 said:

So a one year rental. While not perfect I see her as someone who could help carry the load next year and help ease the freshman in to the speed of college ball at this high of a level. Two years of someone that good is preferable but 1 is better than none!
Reminds me of major league baseball and the trading deadline "rent-a-pitcher" option.
Transfer portal has changed game plan for recruiting.
My motto is always survive and advance
Jpbu152001
Yea I would like to have her whether it's 1 year or 2!
Big Bear
Thank you..sic'em Bears.
Baylorkid
slimecap said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Word on the street Rickea Jackson could enter the 2023 WNBA Draft.
Whichever school she chooses, her playing time could possibly be short.

She's a junior so she is a part of the 2023 draft regardless unless she wants to stay an extra year
Brusinbear2001
No i agree so i just feel this could rub some players waiting to get minutes the wrong way
Jpbu152001
Agree… and something to watch moving forward…
Brusinbear2001
I think we will be a great fit because we are running a system she will thrive in, she gets to be a leader and develop her leadership skills, the environment seems to be positive in our program. Our head coach has helped coach/develop some of the best Guards/Forwards in the WNBA currently. And we have immediate minutes for her to have.
Dcheetah
Who do you see Rickea taking a lot of minutes from? Queen and Nalyssa will be gone. Caitlin will get her minutes. Kendra has to lose weight and get in a lot better shape before she will earn minutes. None of the freshman or the Juco have earned time.

PG - Sarah, Jaden
Sg - Ja'mee, Ysabella
Wing- DLB, Catarina, maybe some Rickea-Caitlin
F- Rickea, Caitlin, Kendra
C- Foreign transfer?, Kyla

That's only 11 and many carry 12-13 or more. Don't know what CNC prefers - prob 1 more PG to be safe
Brusinbear2001
the way you had PG and SG is what i would have i do feel that DLP Bella Catarina Bickle Rickea will all be able to just rotate the 3&4 position starters i have it being Rickea at W and Bickle at the PF and then the C position yes depending on the transfer situation. I think the only positions we will have specific people running them is PG and C but this Positionless basketball we want can come very fast!! I also think bringing in another shooting guard would not be a bad thing especially a pure shooter.
Brusinbear2001
Charisma Osborne i think we should look out for out of UCLA to possibly hit the portal. She is a 5'9 guard that is a great scorer averaging 18 points a game and 3.5 assists. UCLA is not having a great season. This is could be a stretch but the way the portal works i can see potential in this transfer.
Dcheetah

Rylee Grays - for now she thinks she wants to leave the state. That can certainly change.
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

Charisma Osborne i think we should look out for out of UCLA to possibly hit the portal. She is a 5'9 guard that is a great scorer averaging 18 points a game and 3.5 assists. UCLA is not having a great season. This is could be a stretch but the way the portal works i can see potential in this transfer.
Watching her now vs Stanford on ESPN
Dcheetah
DLB

Brusinbear2001
Do not be surprised if Kyndall Hunter from texas enters the portal, She is not happy at Texas she has posted on social media apps how it is all a lie. She was crying in these videos and was saying how she was happy it was basically a lie and isn't happy anymore.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.