Recruiting

241,714 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
BUBBFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Current roster is not a mess, depth is a mess.
BUBBFAN
No one was saying current player are a mess, roster depth was a mess and will be for some.
lookin4awin
And it would have be fixed through the transfer portal. It always has been. Do you remember how Tea Cooper, Chloe Jackson, and Dejanai Carrington arrived?
Baylorkid
geewago said:

Jaden Owens was ranked 14th overall & 3rd best guard.

Queen Egbo was ranked 7th overall 8th at her position.

Nalyssa Smith was ranked 13th overall & 8th a her position.

Sarah Andrews was ranked 7th overall and 2nd best PG

Kanariah McDaniel was ranked 30th. Average 19.8 pts a game at PSU.

Jordan Lewis is ranked 2nd best transfer of the year (espn) avg 17 pts per game at Bama.

Caitlin Bickle was ranked 80th

This is NOT a MESS. This is a roster that other Big 12 coaches would give their eye teeth for. And CNC is extremely grateful for what she inherited. This team is not ranked 7th because KM used to coach here. Nor is ranked this high because CNC came here. This team is 7th in the nation based on the players that are on the court. They have that potential or even better if they are coached well this year.

Agreed but Bickle was actually ranked 28th in the class of 2018 ranking! We had the 3rd, 7th, 13th, 18th, and 28th ranked players in that 2018 class which was the number 1 recruiting class.
Adriacus Peratuun
Typical nonsense from the typical crowd.

1) no one attacked the current players. They are great.

2) if anyone can't distinguish between the quality of the current players and the # and age distribution of the players, time to give up and go get some education. Quality and Quantity are not the same measurement.

3) as pointed out in detail, the inherited roster had 3……3…….3…….3 non-seniors. If you are too dense to understand what that means than put down the keyboard.

The "Well Kim would have…." Nonsense is laughable. Kim is gone. Kim was the one who created the mess by not recruiting in sufficient numbers.

Nicki Collen and staff inherited 7 players [Gusters was already processing paperwork]. 4 are seniors. Those are objectively verifiable facts. That is objectively a mess. No rational person would argue otherwise.

The staff is doing a great job and with some good luck avoiding injuries will have a great season. But anyone who thinks that the staff isn't having to work at an insane pace to simply fill out a roster for the 2022/2023 season doesn't understand numbers or basketball. When the transfer portal opens during/after the season no coaching staff will be spending more time trying to find quality players. Baylor will likely need to make at least 3 pickups. FYI………Chris Beard notwithstanding, that is a very high number of transfers.

Try to keep up people.
Baylorkid
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Typical nonsense from the typical crowd.

1) no one attacked the current players. They are great.

2) if anyone can't distinguish between the quality of the current players and the # and age distribution of the players, time to give up and go get some education. Quality and Quantity are not the same measurement.

3) as pointed out in detail, the inherited roster had 3……3…….3…….3 non-seniors. If you are too dense to understand what that means than put down the keyboard.

The "Well Kim would have…." Nonsense is laughable. Kim is gone. Kim was the one who created the mess by not recruiting in sufficient numbers.

Nicki Collen and staff inherited 7 players [Gusters was already processing paperwork]. 4 are seniors. Those are objectively verifiable facts. That is objectively a mess. No rational person would argue otherwise.

The staff is doing a great job and with some good luck avoiding injuries will have a great season. But anyone who thinks that the staff isn't having to work at an insane pace to simply fill out a roster for the 2022/2023 season doesn't understand numbers or basketball. When the transfer portal opens during/after the season no coaching staff will be spending more time trying to find quality players. Baylor will likely need to make at least 3 pickups. FYI………Chris Beard notwithstanding, that is a very high number of transfers.

Try to keep up people.

Dude chill! It's not that serious!
lookin4awin
To be redundant, it's that guy or girl at the party who can't quit talking about their ex and desperately wants you to dislike him or her too. It's obsessive. Move on.
Brusinbear2001
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPrP1ONHHKn/?utm_medium=copy_link
Here is some highlights on Catarina
Adriacus Peratuun
lookin4awin said:

To be redundant, it's that guy or girl at the party who can't quit talking about their ex and desperately wants you to dislike him or her too. It's obsessive. Move on.
Posting cliche……can't argue unassailable facts so chooses to hurl insults.

GrizBear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

lookin4awin said:

Pseudo expert.

This is what you don't get when you can't keep your HOF coach:

Hannah Gusters, Chrislyn Carr, Maryam Dauda, likely Christianna Carr
Sammie Wagner, Sa'Myah Smith, perhaps Maddie Cox

Sytia Messer, recruiting coordinator

Roster under HOF coach would have been just fine. The carnival barkers think they know better.

Adriacus Peratuun
GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

lookin4awin said:

Pseudo expert.

This is what you don't get when you can't keep your HOF coach:

Hannah Gusters, Chrislyn Carr, Maryam Dauda, likely Christianna Carr
Sammie Wagner, Sa'Myah Smith, perhaps Maddie Cox

Sytia Messer, recruiting coordinator

Roster under HOF coach would have been just fine. The carnival barkers think they know better.

Shell Game carnival boy.

The topic is recruiting. The topic is what the current staff faces under the current situation.

The topic isn't what the prior staff might have faced under a different situation. Nice try to deflect.

And BTW the HOFer left on her own when she painted herself into a corner and refused to accept that she misplayed her hand. Her mistake, her decision.
Brusinbear2001
and since we talk about the losses let's talk about the wins

we kept nalyssa smith "the best player in the country" - Nicki Collen
Queen Egbo dominating in the paint having some of the best post not looking like their normal selves. Virginia Tech game Uconn game are prime examples.
Sarah Andrews looks so comfortable in the system and with this team she will
grow and develop leadership skills as she gets older.
Jordan Lewis the main reason Alabama beat North Carolina in the first round of the tournament. If you haven't seen that game maybe you should watch.
Ja'mee was on of the best shooters in the Big 12 and we got that.
That is just naming the starters.
Now recruiting trail we have just started recruiting this summer and got 2 great players with huge upside and build quality relationships with AAU teams that will
help is in the future.
She got some great coaches to fill her staff that also are well know like Chloe and great at relationships building with Tari.
so lets not talk about the negatives but the positives.
Chibears2
It simply is not an "either/or" situation. A person can respect the former coach, be grateful for the team's successes under that coach, and appreciate the person she was, warts and all, AND, respect the current coach, be grateful for what she has accomplished, and, hopefully, will accomplish in the future, and appreciate the person that one believes the new coach to be, even as one is in the process of learning who exactly that is.

Respectful people respect differences of opinion; bullies belittle if you don't tow THEIR line. I have made the mistake of letting some posters who fall in the latter category stir me up enough that I have forgotten I would prefer to be in the former. I have found the ignore feature to help me find my way back. Engaging gets no where. Thankfully, the season is about to start and real fans will have the current season to talk about. I look forward to that mightily.
longtimebear
Chibears2 said:

It simply is not an "either/or" situation. A person can respect the former coach, be grateful for the team's successes under that coach, and appreciate the person she was, warts and all, AND, respect the current coach, be grateful for what she has accomplished, and, hopefully, will accomplish in the future, and appreciate the person that one believes the new coach to be, even as one is in the process of learning who exactly that is.

Respectful people respect differences of opinion; bullies belittle if you don't tow THEIR line. I have made the mistake of letting some posters who fall in the latter category stir me up enough that I have forgotten I would prefer to be in the former. I have found the ignore feature to help me find my way back. Engaging gets no where. Thankfully, the season is about to start and real fans will have the current season to talk about. I look forward to that mightily.
That's what I'm talkin about!
Eball
Is today not National signing day? Any information I think Slime posted a tweet about one of our ladies...I was thinking we had three for sure and hoping for another?
slimecap
Eball said:

Is today not National signing day?
Hi Eball, It's called "National Signing Day".
Technically, it is
"Early NLI signing dates"
Nov 10-17, 2021
slimecap
Eball said:

I think Slime posted a tweet about one of our ladies...
I was thinking we had three for sure and hoping for another?
Yes. Baylor has 3 known verbal commits
1. Kyla Abraham Baylor WBB twitter has confirmed she has submitted NLI paperwork
2. Ysabella Fontleroy no twitter confirmation of paperwork
3. Catarina Ferreira no twitter confirmation of paperwork

My texter group is still tracking
HS RECRUITING
Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
Wing 6-1 Classen HS Oklahoma City OK
#17 HoopGurlz up from Sep 3 #24
#16 ASGR Oct 14
Aug 10 Top 10
.. BIG 12 Baylor & Texas
.. ACC Clemson
.. BIG EAST Villanova
.. BIG TEN Penn State
.. SEC Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss & Texas A&M
Reported official visits
Sep 19 Florida
Sep 26 Baylor
Oct 01 Alabama
Oct 09 Texas A&M
Top 4 list released Oct 13
BIG 12 Baylor
SEC Alabama, Florida & Texas A&M
Oct 29 HC Texas A&M Gary Blair announced that he will retire at the end of this season

JUCO WATCHLIST
Kristina Ekofo
6-0 SO Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO)
from Brussels, Belgium
2019-20 Eurobasket team
Basket Namur Capitale Belgium-Top Division Women
Sep 24 Named Pre-Season All-Region 2 team
Reported visit to NEO gym
Sep 24 UMKC
Sep 28 Baylor
Oct 27 USF

HS WATCH LIST
Kennedy Cambridge
Combo Guard 5-5 Ensworth HS Nashville TN
#100 HoopGurlz Sep 28
Reported offers include
.. ACC North Carolina State & Virginia Tech
.. SEC Auburn, Georgia & Kentucky
.. AAC Cincinnati & SMU
.. CUSA Rice
Reported schools showing interest include
Jun 25 Baylor & Marquette
Reported visit includes
Sep 25 Cincinnati
Last 5 standing
ACC North Carolina State
BIG TEN Rutgers
SEC Auburn
AAC SMU
C-USA Rice
Nov 08 Re-opening recruitment
Wbbfan29
I just noticed that out of her final four Baylorwbb is the only page she is following on Instagram. Hope that is a good sign that she has made her decision.
slimecap
Wbbfan29 said:

out of her final four
Baylorwbb is the only page she is following on Instagram.
Hope that is a good sign that she has made her decision.
Hi Wbbfan29, Appreciate your post !
I like your intuition. Sounds like a good sign to me.
hitmanmw
Who are you talking about? DLB??
Wbbfan29
Yes
baylorbear33
Wbbfan29 said:

Yes

I'm afraid she is also following Texas as well.
Wbbfan29
Yes but Texas did not make her final 4 list. Her final 4 list in which she also took her offical visits to were Alabama Florida, A&M , and Baylor. She opted out of her fifth school.
Wbbfan29
Nice video of Bella on Signing day talks about giving CNC a chance and wanting to commit as soon as she visited.
She sounds very well spoken.

'https://www.ozarkssportszone.com/wp-content/plugins/wpb-video/wpb-video-embed/wpb-video-embed.php?blogid=1492&id=941402&flag_call=singleVideo&playerid=QlgVtMZ&player_slug=169-single-master-v7&chkFlagFrom=meta_insert_video'></iframe></div><!-- End div video embed -->
Wbbfan29
"I lived in Texas from fourth to eighth grade and I always wanted to go to Baylor," Abraham said. "They were a popular team, and when they started recruiting me, I said, 'Yes, this is where I want to be." - Kyla Abraham

https://news.yahoo.com/two-major-college-recruits-transfer-175800271.html
Adriacus Peratuun
With all four of DLB's finalists having released announcements regarding who they signed, don't be surprised if she waits until Spring signing date or pulls a big switch.
Brusinbear2001
You don't feel she is interested in Baylor anymore?
Adriacus Peratuun
Brusinbear2001 said:

You don't feel she is interested in Baylor anymore?
When a player has four finalists and all four schools announce their signing classes and the player isn't in any of them, it causes me to think hmmm.
Brusinbear2001
i just don't think she has committed. so how could we claim her if she hasn't said she wanted to come here and that also goes for any of the other schools. This is the early signing day i feel she is taking her time and i respect it more time for our staff to build a relationship.
Adriacus Peratuun
Brusinbear2001 said:

i just don't think she has committed. so how could we claim her if she hasn't said she wanted to come here and that also goes for any of the other schools. This is the early signing day i feel she is taking her time and i respect it more time for our staff to build a relationship.
Not sure what you are referencing. No one "claimed" her.

The player publicly identified four finalists. Per the releases of those four schools, she didn't sign with any of them. That fact is unusual and thus noteworthy.

Trying to read anything else into the situation is your choice but is not what anyone posted. I posted my interpretation of the facts, you can post yours. But don't misstate prior posts.
Brusinbear2001
But because she didn't sign today with us does not mean anything, this coaching staff met her this summer and we are in her final 4 if she is taking her time I believe that is great for us. Maybe she was thinking about A&M and coach blair leaving is having her weigh other options.
Dcheetah
Has she ever visited Baylor.? I'm not aware that she has

https://twitter.com/Kamorea_2023/status/1458892026745921539?t=qvqw5yVFS5JDq8APGrvaSA&s=19
Brusinbear2001
I have a feeling we should keep a eye on mississippi state for possible transfers.
Rickea Jackson
Jasmine Shavers
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Has she ever visited Baylor.? I'm not aware that she has

https://twitter.com/Kamorea_2023/status/1458892026745921539?t=qvqw5yVFS5JDq8APGrvaSA&s=19

Yes, she's a '23 though.
Dcheetah
Knew she was a 23 but didn't remember her visiting so good. Would love to get some good news. Know Toney Greene recruited her at Marquette.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.