Recruiting

240,781 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brusinbear2001
The location does say Missouri does that mean we could have got Bella Fontleroy???? that is my guess fingers crossed.
And also Sarah Andrews got a comment that was anonymous after the visit homecoming weekend saying how she cannot wait to win championships with her. I know that is something that could be just jokes and stuff and i'm going for long shots here but it makes sense to me.
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/CourtsideFilms/status/1455173136425627650?t=e4whijittKY0pCyPUSkvhw&s=19

2023 target at PG
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/status/1455214960464863240?t=6GY669mxp_GifZ8lfjjwIQ&s=19
Adriacus Peratuun
FYI: Baylor WBB recruiting is being driven by the D philosophy of the new staff. It is a HUGE difference from the Mulkey "fight over every perimeter screen" philosophy which lead to great performances against some teams but huge problems against teams with quick guards [think Miss St. in Tourney, Arkansas last year].

The new philosophy is what many teams are doing in NBA & WNBA: switch everything or switch everything perimeter w/backside switchback [super slide].

This video is a layman's take on the Switch Everything D.

Adriacus Peratuun
Adriacus Peratuun said:

FYI: Baylor WBB recruiting is being driven by the D philosophy of the new staff. It is a HUGE difference from the Mulkey "fight over every perimeter screen" philosophy which lead to great performances against some teams but huge problems against teams with quick guards [think Miss St. in Tourney, Arkansas last year].

The new philosophy is what many teams are doing in NBA & WNBA: switch everything or switch everything perimeter w/backside switchback [super slide].

This video is a layman's take on the Switch Everything D.

2nd FYI: Baylor MBB's No Middle D basically operates on similar principles. The difference is a concerted effort to push the ball to the sides.

Expect to see the Baylor WBB defense morph over the next few years since this year's team is tiny but fast [but the recruiting profile is for longer athletes].
Brusinbear2001
lots of great signs!!!!
ckilpatrick
I tried to insert a pic, but couldn't get it to work! Nicki tweeted about 2 hours ago "let's just keep adding to this BaylorWBB family"!!

Wonder who it is?!
Cp2310

ckilpatrick
Thank you!!
Brusinbear2001
the main to it could be is darianna littlepage- buggs the #17 overall recruit orrrr Catarina Ferreira the number 2 recruit out of Juco.
My guess is Darianna
Dcheetah
Newest juco ranking with Catarina at 30? After a great spring season!?
Wbbfan29
Well maybe they got confused because Her jersey number is also #30.
Dcheetah
I thought that too but she was not listed in the Worldexpoaurereport 2021 wbb juco player rankings. However, looking again, she is #2 on the 2022 rankings
slimecap
UPDATE
Nov 5, 2021
6 remain uncommitted in Top 40 2022 HoopGurlz
Rankings 12, 17, 20, 26, 32* & 37*

Baylor in the mix for
#17 Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
---------------------------------------------------------------------

* NOTE
2022 HoopGurlz has made a recent late addition to their Top 40. She decided to reclassify and graduate with the class of 2022.
#32 was inserted into the rankings for pursuing a 2 sport college recruitment in both volleyball and basketball.
Thus, all numbers below #32 have been bumped down one slot in the rankings.
Dcheetah
Reyna Scott to OU. Just 2 more left!

https://twitter.com/nygauchos/status/1456719834088157199?t=zsE2APxDGUeP5OlHKnMeLg&s=19
Dcheetah
Probable recruit - Coaches follow and plays for Central Florida Elite whom CNC has connections with. Won 1v1 at a national camp recently (think Blue Stars 30 but not 100% sure). Has really blown up in the last year.

https://twitter.com/chloe1kitts/status/1456799303964446721?t=TRxbJieuS6IFp11YAIUhcg&s=19
BUatbirth
Chloe Kitts (2023) certainly fits CNC's player profile. espnW #16. Listed at 6'2" with better than average athleticism it appears.
Have a Chloe 2023 recruiting classs with Briggs and Clardy.
Bears09
Looks like Catarina is a Baylor Bear! https://instagr.am/p/CV_5yBQNNLT
Adriacus Peratuun
Watch players 6'3 and above at Oregon St. & Oregon this year. Rumor mill is rumbling. Early tourney exits may equal transfer portal. All quality players/quality people who will graduate by Summer.

People outside of Baylor are much more excited about the new direction of Baylor WBB than some folks on this board.
Bone Squad
If Catarina has been discussed much around here, I missed it.

What's the Cliff's Notes summary on her?
Brusinbear2001
There is not much on her because of limited play last season for covid year.
BUatbirth
Brusinbear2001 said:

There is not much on her because of limited play last season for covid year.
As you posted earlier,,,she is the #2 JUCO prospect. That's saying a whole lot. CNC seems to be following the Scott Drew model. Smart move by CNC and staff.
Brusinbear2001
oh yes i knew but i was talking skill set wise
setshot
I look forward to seeing video of her. Given what we know about the kind of player that Collen prefers, we can expect that she has the mobility to go with her length, and that enables her to play effectively in a switching man for man defense. She should be a good weak side rebounder and a good in transition. What we don't know is the quality of her offensive game.

30 points in the Sweet Sixteen Juco Game last year tells us that she can score in a balanced offense, but her shooting range and her ability to handle the ball effectively under pressure is not known by us at this point. I like the fact that the staff is trying to balance the classes a bit, and the portal next year gives them a chance to do this even more. I questioned the recruitment of Gillespie, who seemed to me to be unlikely to be able to defend away from the basket, and despite her strength, a bit undersized for the post play in the Big 12, but the commitments they have acquired sine then have seemed to me to be solid.
bawitdaball
setshot said:

I look forward to seeing video of her. Given what we know about the kind of player that Collen prefers, we can expect that she has the mobility to go with her length, and that enables her to play effectively in a switching man for man defense. She should be a good weak side rebounder and a good in transition. What we don't know is the quality of her offensive game.

30 points in the Sweet Sixteen Juco Game last year tells us that she can score in a balanced offense, but her shooting range and her ability to handle the ball effectively under pressure is not known by us at this point. I like the fact that the staff is trying to balance the classes a bit, and the portal next year gives them a chance to do this even more. I questioned the recruitment of Gillespie, who seemed to me to be unlikely to be able to defend away from the basket, and despite her strength, a bit undersized for the post play in the Big 12, but the commitments they have acquired sine then have seemed to me to be solid.

Thank you for mentioning Gillespie. I felt that was a very odd choice given CNC's style of play.
Adriacus Peratuun
The new staff inherited a roster mess and was scrambling to simply find bodies.

Even with the portal the roster situation will still be a mess next year. If lucky the roster will be somewhat normal by 2023.

Inherited Roster:

Seniors: Smith, Egbo, Bickle, Lewis, McDaniel
Junior: Owen
Sophomore: Andrews

New staff added:

Junior: Asberry
Freshman: Gillespie

Even with the COVID Super Senior option, next season is yet another scramble for bodies. Best case scenario is that two incoming freshman classes and two portal classes will get the team out of the roster mess that was left.
Bear2393
Yes inherited a real mess of a roster AP, I believe five 5 star recruits, a 1st team all big ten player and I believe a very good player from the SEC ( don't remember all her accomplishments). I bet CNC is really happy to step into this kind of "mess" as opposed to the last job she had. Yes, the team that is currently here is loaded with upper class men but I bet Our current coach isn't too unhappy with her current roster.
lookin4awin
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Even with the portal the roster situation will still be a mess next year. If lucky the roster will be somewhat normal by 2023.

Inherited Roster:

New staff added:

Even with the COVID Super Senior option, next season is yet another scramble for bodies. Best case scenario is that two incoming freshman classes and two portal classes will get the team out of the roster mess that was left.

Always slams at the past. If we had not had a coaching change, we would have Gusters, Samaya Smith and Sammy Wagner. and great grad transfers. Can you go a day without slamming the prior coach and just root for the team we have. You are the one who can't let go....Give it up.
BUBBFAN
But Kim is not here and for what ever the reason, the roster was a mess.
Eball
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Inherited Roster:

New staff added:

so just what are you predicting for this season with the roster mess? I thought with player of the year and top 10 ranking we might be good? I think CNC and our brand have done quite well so far in recruiting? I mean it does not look like we missing a beat...so just not sure a mess is how I would describe what she inherited roster wise....
lookin4awin
BUBBFAN said:

But Kim is not here and for what ever the reason, the roster was a mess.
And you know what, she most likely would have secured whatever talent she needed through the transfer portal and put a great team on the court like she has done every year I can recall. With however many consecutive championships, my guess she had a plan and would figure it out. Like or don't like Kim, or whatever, its hard to say she didn't have a plan-and and a good one for getting talent on the team and on the court.

But you are right, the obvious is that Kim is not here, and I don't bring her up until the same poster takes his daily pot shot at Kim hedging his bets on this season-If we go far, our new coach is a genius, if not, its KM's fault. This just gets old and tiring for those of us who appreciate and treasure our past and can still look forward to the bright future.

Let's just go win games and leave the posturing out of it.
geewago
Jaden Owens was ranked 14th overall & 3rd best guard.

Queen Egbo was ranked 7th overall 8th at her position.

Nalyssa Smith was ranked 13th overall & 8th a her position.

Sarah Andrews was ranked 7th overall and 2nd best PG

Kanariah McDaniel was ranked 30th. Average 19.8 pts a game at PSU.

Jordan Lewis is ranked 2nd best transfer of the year (espn) avg 17 pts per game at Bama.

Caitlin Bickle was ranked 80th

This is NOT a MESS. This is a roster that other Big 12 coaches would give their eye teeth for. And CNC is extremely grateful for what she inherited. This team is not ranked 7th because KM used to coach here. Nor is ranked this high because CNC came here. This team is 7th in the nation based on the players that are on the court. They have that potential or even better if they are coached well this year.

baylor1984
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Inherited Roster:

New staff added:

You have become the Forrest Gump of this board: Stupid is as Stupid does. She's gone she can't hurt you anymore.
lookin4awin
I agree Geewago. It is false and degrading to refer to the current roster-the players we are putting on the court now- as a "mess." It is anything but a mess as you so ably pointed out. For gosh sakes, we have a potential player of the year on the court.with talent all around her.

And if you want to look at what we had in the works...crystal forward to a few years ahead and you have Gusters, Andrews, Wagner, Duda, S'amaya Smith on the court....plus gosh knows who else. Talented 4th years in the portal want ed to play for us and Baylor has always had high talent on the court just as we do this year.

Again, we have a lot to look forward to with this years team and those to come....but don't call our roster a mess.

The poster who made the initial comment reminds me of people you avoid socially because they always talk about how awful their ex was and is; yet, for whatever reason still can't quit talking about.the ex. Let go...let go....let go,,,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.