Recruiting

240,780 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Wbbfan29 said:

Yea I know Makenzie, Bill, Alex , and Jeremy stayed in Waco. Not sure of the others name. I was just making the point of no LSU coaching staff was retained

Ok, read it differently.
Dcheetah

She is Bigtime!
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

She is Bigtime!
Yes she is - Legit # 1 Rank, She still has some upside which makes her even more attractive.
EVERYONE is offering. Going to be a fight to get her away from Dawn.
Dcheetah

2025 had visited several times
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Feelig great for 2025 class
Bear3
How many do you think we take for the 2023 class? Who are our top targets?
Dcheetah
Do you see Marcayla as a 2-3 hybrid like Bella?
Janiyah more in Jamee's role?
Thoughts on PG or forwards?
I don't see us going the Duke route and overloading 1 position
sicem45
I saw Hannah Hidalgo just released her top 6. Sucks we couldn't make her cut. I know Nicki really wanted her but it seems like she stays on North. ND and OSU are rumored to be among her favorites.
Dcheetah
UCF? Is this an NIL miss ? I know the Maryland forward was. We are missing some big recruits we wanted. There is still time for a change of heart but I think we are going to need to have a big season to have a better chance at some of our top prospects.
sicem45
UCF is very odd but Messer really is a masterful recruiter. I doubt she heads there but Messer will charm enough recruits to get put into consideration.

Texas isn't super strong in general for 23 class. Kylie Marshall, Sammie Wagner, Gisella Maul are really only some of your bigger standouts. They will have to venture outwards. Whoever they don't get, the transfer portal gives you another recruiting season in the spring.

Kylie Marshall is rumored to be really into A&M and Arizona although A&M seems more likely given the caliber of recruits AZ is getting. They just flipped Williams from UCLA.

Dcheetah
Thx. Forgot about Messer going there.
Sammie just decommitted from Tx.
Dcheetah
Britt Prince 2023 and Jaci Abii 2026 posted offers today.
Wbbfan29
Prince is 2024.
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
Chloe Baller to Washington
Dcheetah
Even better for 2026
Wbbfan29
Briggs?
Brusinbear2001
yes sorry i was thinking of her instagram name.
Brusinbear2001
Chloe Clardy to Stanford
Dcheetah
Dang! We are getting shorter on PG options. Has Kymora ever visited?
Brusinbear2001
I am not sure, Next season we should have 4 returning guards in Sarah Jaden Jana and Cat. It is hard to tell what the staff is going after because a lot of the recruits do not want to post their offers so that the media does not try to sway them before they get the chance to make a connection with the University.

Parker from the Class of 24 is like a 6'1 guard that we have been going after, I know she is friends with Bella they came on the visit together they are on the same AAU team.

We still have Dalanna Carter who is in the class of 23 that is a PG from that plays for Proskills

We are going for Maddie Cox when they had the video of Lauren coming back to campus for a practice you could see Maddie in the video maybe that was her visit.

I imagine this staff is working super hard, we are going more nationwide to find talent then we have in years past. The only bad thing is it is hard to pull them from closer schools they grew up around. A final 4 or national championship run will be HUGE in recruiting. Players want to go where they can win. Fan Support is important because who does not want to play in sold out arenas. NIL is a factor too now and we have to find ways to hop on that train before it is too late.
Dcheetah
I agree with almost everything. Next year we will have Sr, Jr, Jr, Jr and I think we would want someone to get a year of training before taking over. Portal might be helpful here. Delana has been under the radar and I thought she was more of a CKM recruit.

Good eye on Maddie. Didn't think we were recruiting her. She did not have a good AAU season last year but she turned that around and was much better this year so who knows.

There is such good chemistry on this team and if that carries over and we play to expectations then I think national recruits will be lining up to play for us as early as next year. Media seems to have tried to downplay us last year after Kim left but if we finish well I think we will recruit very strongly. We look good early for 2025 and 2026 so hope we continue forward momentum. And for 2024, I love Taliyah and am crossing my fingers. Lots of Oklahoma talent coming out in the next 3 years and having Jamee and Kendra can only help!
slimecap
Brusinbear2001 said:

Chloe Clardy to Stanford

Excerpts from Richard Davenport, arkansasonline.com, 6 Aug 2022
.. Conway HS senior guard Chloe Clardy orally committed to Stanford on Friday
.. Narrowed her list of more than 20 scholarship offers to Stanford, Vanderbilt, North Carolina State and Florida State before choosing Stanford

Chloe Clardy stated
"The school has the perfect balance between being an elite academic institution and having an elite basketball program. When I took my visit it felt right and I loved the campus and people I would be surrounded by."
slimecap
slimecap
sicem45 said:

UCF is very odd but Messer really is a masterful recruiter.

UPDATE
2023 Khyala Ngodu
Aug 3, 2022

"Very thankful for every opportunity from every coach that took the time out to recruit me, with that being said these are the top 8 schools I'm interested in attending"

- Khyala Ngodu personal twitter account
Brusinbear2001
Dcheetah
I wish she played for another AAU team but hopefully we can make some inroads. Think Her Mom played for Baylor so hopefully that will help.
Wbbfan29
Top 20 ?? Wow
baylorbear33
Yes, mom is a former Lady Bear - Kacy Moffitt.
Brusinbear2001
Jaden was a Cyfair player so on her visits i would want Jaden communicating with her and like being an ambassador for the university and also being in her situation. She was a high ranked recruiting and went out west to UCLA but ended up back home. But i don't know how this relationship was ruined when we had a lot of past recruits come out of there?
Dcheetah
Relationship not ruined, just most of good Cyfair Elute players have gone to UT in recent years. I was thinking Didi was last so thx on update.
Dcheetah
Thx!
blueeyedbear
Brusinbear2001 said:

Jaden was a Cyfair player so on her visits i would want Jaden communicating with her and like being an ambassador for the university and also being in her situation. She was a high ranked recruiting and went out west to UCLA but ended up back home. But i don't know how this relationship was ruined when we had a lot of past recruits come out of there?

1. Her mother was a former lady bear and Baylor is not even in her top 20 !!!!!! So at this point Baylor obviously was not even considered by mom or daughter. The why not Baylor I find very curious.
Maybe Baylorbear 33 has some insight ?
2. She is not visiting - see # 1. She has 20 other schools to visit.
3. Jaden could have some influence but without knowing the why no Baylor in her top 20 it's probably a bridge to far.
4. I agree with Dcheetah - we have got to turn that Cyfair thing around - we got DiDi from there and not another one - Too many good ballers come out of that AAU Club for Baylor to get pitched a shut out.
Adriacus Peratuun is wired into these AAU Clubs maybe he has heard something.
baylor1984
blueeyedbear said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

1. Her mother was a former lady bear and Baylor is not even in her top 20 !!!!!! So at this point Baylor obviously was not even considered by mom or daughter. The why not Baylor I find very curious.
Maybe Baylorbear 33 has some insight ?
2. She is not visiting - see # 1. She has 20 other schools to visit.
3. Jaden could have some influence but without knowing the why no Baylor in her top 20 it's probably a bridge to far.
4. I agree with Dcheetah - we have got to turn that Cyfair thing around - we got DiDi from there and not another one - Too many good ballers come out of that AAU Club for Baylor to get pitched a shut out.
Adriacus Peratuun is wired into these AAU Clubs maybe he has heard something.
You need to click on the picture. Another pretty good school isn't visible as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.