Recruiting

241,705 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only one other plausible reason I can think of Could that be the reason - maybe she does not want have to live up to the daughter of a Legend comparison ??
baylorbear33
blueeyedbear said:

Only one other plausible reason I can think of Could that be the reason - maybe she does not want have to live up to the daughter of a Legend comparison ??

I believe you are on the right track blueeyedbear. Not sure about the 'living up to' because all signs point to her being even better than mom, but perhaps just wants to forge her own path. Same situation I fear we have with Maddie Cox not seriously considering Baylor.
blueeyedbear
baylorbear33 said:

blueeyedbear said:

I believe you are on the right track blueeyedbear. Not sure about the 'living up to' because all signs point to her being even better than mom, but perhaps just wants to forge her own path. Same situation I fear we have with Maddie Cox not seriously considering Baylor.Yes=
Yes I agree with your Maddie Cox statement - I posted some time ago that of all the Cox sisters Maddie is the by far most sensitive and I thought she would rather go somewhere where she could be Maddie and not Lauren's baby sister. That was almost two years ago and while a lot of maturity can happen in two years its still a big factor in her decision for sure.
Having said that I think Baylor is in Maddie's thoughts as she recently visited Baylor with Lauren on an unofficial, "unofficial" visit. She did not look like Lauren dragged her down here .....she looked engaged and happy.
Bone Squad
There is some confusion. Baylor IS in her Top 20. The original post has the tweet partially obscured. If you actually click on it, this is the full picture.

Bone Squad
Although it appears her math is a tad off. I counted 3 times, and always get 21.
Dcheetah
Baylor made her 20. Bottom right. Have to click on the tweet to see it.
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

Baylor made her 20. Bottom right. Have to click on the tweet to see it.
Thanks Dcheeta and Baylor1984 - I stand corrected.
CNC & Staff have a lot of Cyfair anti Baylor history to contend with but a connection with her mother being a Baylor Legend is their in.
I think mom Kacy will like CNC, as will Justice if she visits - I hope she visits when she can meet this currant team and see how they play as a team !!.
The Baylor offense is perfect for her 6'2" frame and she takes pride in her defense !! Good moves under the rim and has a very good short game shot and a surprisingly good rim protector for 6'2".and does not foul. Has a little bit of hop but her smarts is what really stands out. She seems to be a perfict fit for BU but its a long time to go with a lot of very good teams on her list. Should be an interesting watch.
The recruitment process will still involve an end run around Cyfair coaches but BU was successful with that with DiDi so it can be done.
I get a count of 21 as well - Ok so she won't be a math major but there are plenty of other options.
mcleod66
baylor1984 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Jaden was a Cyfair player so on her visits i would want Jaden communicating with her and like being an ambassador for the university and also being in her situation. She was a high ranked recruiting and went out west to UCLA but ended up back home. But i don't know how this relationship was ruined when we had a lot of past recruits come out of there?

1. Her mother was a former lady bear and Baylor is not even in her top 20 !!!!!! So at this point Baylor obviously was not even considered by mom or daughter. The why not Baylor I find very curious.
Maybe Baylorbear 33 has some insight ?
2. She is not visiting - see # 1. She has 20 other schools to visit.
3. Jaden could have some influence but without knowing the why no Baylor in her top 20 it's probably a bridge to far.
4. I agree with Dcheetah - we have got to turn that Cyfair thing around - we got DiDi from there and not another one - Too many good ballers come out of that AAU Club for Baylor to get pitched a shut out.
Adriacus Peratuun is wired into these AAU Clubs maybe he has heard something.
You need to click on the picture. Another pretty good school isn't visible as well.
haha, well said!
sicem45
I believe Baylor would be among her favorites given her mom's history but some in the AAU circle said she likes UCLA a lot because of academics. I believe she ends up in the state of Texas when its all said and done.
Brusinbear2001
I believe Jordyn Oliver was the last Cyfair Kid we got because her and Jaden blew up on social media being the JO duo in AAU
blueeyedbear
Brusinbear2001 said:

I believe Jordyn Oliver was the last Cyfair Kid we got because her and Jaden blew up on social media being the JO duo in AAU
You would be right !
Brusinbear2001
So besides Maddie who are other hopefuls out of the class of 2023?
sicem45
Brusinbear2001 said:

Honest question, do we really believe Maddie is good enough to be offered? I love her family but she doesn't seem to be near the same type of talent as Lauren.

She did have a very strong summer but she struggled a lot also over the last year...
Adriacus Peratuun
sicem45 said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Honest question, do we really believe Maddie is good enough to be offered? I love her family but she doesn't seem to be near the same type of talent as Lauren.

She did have a very strong summer but she struggled a lot also over the last year...
she suffers from the Jada Malone syndrome……based upon her early growth she was predicted to reach 6'5ish. She inexplicably stopped growing well before reaching that height.

Brusinbear2001
Well if she isnt offered who is I cannot believe the staff will get no one. Jadyn Donovan could be a good guard. I think we will be looking for a good option from beyond the arc. Juju Watkins has not posted about any schools but I do not sense any major signs pointing to us. But when I think back to this time a year ago I feel we were in the same position and we ended up with a Mcdonalds All American and a former top 20 recruit before injury and a Big with great upside. So I definitely trust the staff and if all else fails we see they can work well in the transfer portal to fill holes.
sicem45
Adriacus Peratuun said:

sicem45 said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

she suffers from the Jada Malone syndrome……based upon her early growth she was predicted to reach 6'5ish. She inexplicably stopped growing well before reaching that height.

I believe she is 6'3?

Maybe I am being harsh on Maddie. She struggled last summer (which is why she dropped in the rankings) but followed up with a really strong summer. She was pretty much as good or better than everyone on her AAU team minus Laci Steele. From the highlights I saw she is a terrific rebounder and shot blocker, still needs to polish out shooting a bit more but she seems tough as nails.

I did see a bunch of P5 coaches started following her after summer tournaments finished. She probably back in the mix for some good programs.

She probably could be a strong college player with the right coaching and once she focuses on basketball. Per her parents and things posted online, she has visited Baylor, LSU, Indiana, OU, Notre Dame, Missouri among others.
Adriacus Peratuun
sicem45 said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

sicem45 said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

I believe she is 6'3?

Maybe I am being harsh on Maddie. She struggled last summer (which is why she dropped in the rankings) but followed up with a really strong summer. She was pretty much as good or better than everyone on her AAU team minus Laci Steele. From the highlights I saw she is a terrific rebounder and shot blocker, still needs to polish out shooting a bit more but she seems tough as nails.

I did see a bunch of P5 coaches started following her after summer tournaments finished. She probably back in the mix for some good programs.

She probably could be a strong college player with the right coaching and once she focuses on basketball. Per her parents and things posted online, she has visited Baylor, LSU, Indiana, OU, Notre Dame, Missouri among others.
No personal knowledge as to her height. Last I saw was 6'2. Know that a couple years ago the thought was that based upon her then current height and the growth trajectory of her sisters, she would reach 6'5.

As we can see from Baylor's last recruiting class, the skill set and development requirements at 6'2 are very different than 6'4 or above. That fact is true at any top program. Posts are given a lot more leeway.

Malone is a great example……..the list of teams recruiting her dropped by about 70-80% once it became apparent she had stopped growing. Tough reality but a reality.

sicem45
Brusinbear2001 said:

Well if she isnt offered who is I cannot believe the staff will get no one. Jadyn Donovan could be a good guard. I think we will be looking for a good option from beyond the arc. Juju Watkins has not posted about any schools but I do not sense any major signs pointing to us. But when I think back to this time a year ago I feel we were in the same position and we ended up with a Mcdonalds All American and a former top 20 recruit before injury and a Big with great upside. So I definitely trust the staff and if all else fails we see they can work well in the transfer portal to fill holes.
Watkins is probably going to stay out west. She seems very into the Cali schools and there have been rumors of her visiting Arizona.

Letycia Vasconcelos could be an option at the post. We didn't make Aalyah Rosario's final cut. Texas doesn't have any big time posts this year, just some wings/guards.
Dcheetah
I haven't followed her closely but I don't think Letycia V had a very good AAU season. We never seemed to get any real traction with Del Rosario but she is more of a classic big than an athletic big we seem to be favoring. I wonder if the Ukranian big will be an option or if that is still a No go. Think we may have to win big to get-change the commitment of the recruits we want or hit the transfer portal hard.
Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
Another HUGE recruit on campus Jaloni Cambridge competed with Team USA this summer and is in the 2024 class

https://instagr.am/p/Chx-G7Qu93T
Bear3
Yes!!!! She is currently # 2 recruit in the 2024 class. Huge!
Brusinbear2001
Taliyah Parker also a guard in the class we are going after she is 6'1 and very close with Bella
Dcheetah
She also plays with FBC Motton AAU and it would be huge to make inroads on that team since they have multiple top players each cycle in recent years!
Dcheetah
Is Taliyah visiting too or are you just commenting? I've always thought we had a very solid chance with her based on that friendship and an early prior visit (with Bella).
Dcheetah
Also, FYI, Janiyah Williams has switched her club ball to Proskills!
Dcheetah
Love all Jaloni's pics!! She looks good in green and gold!!
Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
She came on the unofficial when Bella came last year. I think we win and go deep in the tournament the recruits will come with.
Wbbfan29
Brusinbear2001
One thing you can see about our recruting is we are not going for only Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma people. Jaloni is from Tennessee, the Elevated Recruits are from the DMV. Jana being from Colorado, Drea from California. Mind you we beat out USC for Drea and that is basically her hometown. The Staff is doing something amazing to make these strives. We have Cat who is from Brazil. Coach Nicki said tour program can and should be able to recruit coast to coast and she is going after that.
WacoKelly83
Jpbu152001
Do we know where all she officially visited beside us?
Dcheetah
Think Tennessee, then Baylor and Virginia last weekend.
Jpbu152001
Thanks
Any insight on other boards where she might be leaning?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.