Recruiting

241,712 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
ckilpatrick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wonder about Saylor Poffenbarger out of UCONN she would be a good get for us! An extra body and if she can play immediately it would help with depth. Geno had nothing but good things to say about her. They just have a loaded roster.
Adriacus Peratuun
ckilpatrick said:

Wonder about Saylor Poffenbarger out of UCONN she would be a good get for us! An extra body and if she can play immediately it would help with depth. Geno had nothing but good things to say about her. They just have a loaded roster.
Fits the profile on measurables and skill set. Not sure she does on athleticism [to be determined].

Being from Maryland, not surprised if she goes Terp.
jumpinjoe
Soooooo…no early signing(s) for Baylor???
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
slimecap
jumpinjoe said:

Soooooo…no early signing(s) for Baylor???
Nov 10, 2021
Quotes from HC Nicki Collen about 2022 NLI signees

Kyla Abraham
Forward/Center 6-5 Choctawhachee HS Fort Walton Beach FL
#62 HoopGurlz
"Kyla has incredible potential, She has great size and athleticism along with good natural instincts. Right now, she meets the four R's for us - rim running, rim protecting, rolling and rebounding. We hope to develop her perimeter game over time."

Bella Fontleroy
Wing 6-1 Kickapoo HS Springfield MO
#41 HoopGurlz
"She's a very skilled and versatile player who plays with great pace and a high IQ, She's a high-level 3-point shooter. Beyond that, she's a big-time culture kid. She's already super active in her community and is mentoring young kids. She embodies what a Baylor student-athlete can be."

Catarina Ferreira
Multiple Position 6-1 Eastern Arizona College
From Sao Paulo, Brazil
#2 JUCO WER Ranking
"Catarina's a shooting guard, She's really long and can score at all three levels. She's explosive off the bounce. She also defends at a high level with her length and athleticism."
Pronto Tonto
At today's Tip-Off Club luncheon, Coach Collen said she had REALLY BIG news about a commitment but won't announce it until later in the week.
Adriacus Peratuun
Pronto Tonto said:

At today's Tip-Off Club luncheon, Coach Collen said she had REALLY BIG news about a commitment but won't announce it until later in the week.
The delay can mean that the commitment is a transfer and the staff is waiting on admissions to clear some transfer items.

Don't think freshmen athletes have requirements above the NCAA pre-clearance threshold to enroll at Baylor.
Eball
That is good news
Brusinbear2001
It could be a transfer or it could just be respect out of the athlete to let the other schools know before she releases anything. Whoever it is i am excited!!
bawitdaball
Likely allowing the student to announce themselves, in their time. Mulkey did the same thing with Brown and Montpelier. Likely has already signed and submitted the contract just hasn't made the public announcement yet.
Adriacus Peratuun
Brusinbear2001 said:

It could be a transfer or it could just be respect out of the athlete to let the other schools know before she releases anything. Whoever it is i am excited!!
Tomorrow is the final day of this NLI signing period. It could be an incoming freshman who decided to wait a week.

If so, Buggs. Maybe she simply wanted to see Baylor WBB play some games to feel comfortable with style of play. Tomorrow is the last day. If it is her, receiving the NLI will allow Collen to comment.

Adriacus Peratuun
Or is Collen pulling a mystery international player out of the hat?
hitmanmw
Brusinbear2001 said:

EXCITING!!! Hmmmmm...
Brusinbear2001
I was just wondering about this but what if the recruit is the guard from the 23 class that stated she will release her recruitment later this week. KK Arnold? She said she will announce her commitment on November 22nd???
Lynnp550
You may well be spot on.
Dcheetah
I am hoping it is her. Short but very dynamic and would be a great add! She was at the last UConn game with her family so I hope it is not them.
hitmanmw
I am hoping it's Buggs. We need help ASAP. Do we find out today???
Brusinbear2001
I would also love to have Buggs having a 3 guards 6 ft plus would be great!!!!
Lynnp550
Whoever it is, you can bet it's a good one. Hey - maybe it's Buggs AND KK. Be still my heart....
Eball
Anything today? Was today last day for early signings?
Dcheetah
Today is last day for NLI although it can be announced after that. Not sure why you would want to do that.
Dcheetah
Hopefully this pertains to recruiting and not number of wins or rank. Hopefully we hear something soon.

https://twitter.com/ASternecker/status/1461187814725496834?t=A6CJ6GDFHIV-9HHb-mSBUA&s=19
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Chloe Kitts

I think we will recruit her hard. Very talented and moving up rapidly in the rankings. Won 1v1 at recent national top level prospect camp. CNC with good team contacts (CFE is AAU team). Chloe followed by CNC and Toney and CNC's husband and Bella and a very possible future Bear (T. Parker) and CNC liking parent tweet recently.

https://twitter.com/chloe1kitts/status/1456799303964446721?t=MOFjqwNLbZCaEbw6yRYh8Q&s=19
Dcheetah
See Paris Clark and Elena Buenavida Estevez committed to UCLA but neither has signed yet. Don't see we are following them yet but maybe....

https://twitter.com/hoopism/status/1461556353437110277?t=7rspu4YUIlQn1n09c0yhgg&s=19
Dcheetah
CNC liking several posts recently re: Chloe Kitts or her family

https://twitter.com/kitts_jason/status/1461467336515280896?t=1FR60GpPuTjZJSqrRBiJDQ&s=19
Dcheetah
We are listed for 1 more!

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1461530658564673540?t=oG3LJQknI3ZBfMxwEH-Cig&s=19

Darianna is from OKC so we will see...
https://twitter.com/Coach_Mathurin/status/1461497561584480260?t=9h1GFLn0K3VgWQG3W9_jGA&s=19
BuinmyBlood
Not sure I understand. Based on the tweet it appears they're just saying that Baylor signed 2 high school players during the early signing.. Well we already know about Abraham and Fontleroy. So where's the one more?
BuinmyBlood
Dcheetah said:

We are listed for 1 more!

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1461530658564673540?t=oG3LJQknI3ZBfMxwEH-Cig&s=19

https://twitter.com/Coach_Mathurin/status/1461497561584480260?t=9h1GFLn0K3VgWQG3W9_jGA&s=19
I wonder if the Mathuran girl who sent out that 2nd tweet is any relationship to the player named Mathuran that is currently at Texas that transferred in from Mississippi state and has been a star for Texas this year. I hope it doesn't indicate possibly that Vic schaffer has gone after Buggs because he had one of his top recruits decommit last week...
vgreen
It's Aliyah MATHARU who plays for TX
hitmanmw
So when do we get the big announcement?? It's definitely "later in the week."
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

#Tulsa #RelationshipsMatter

.. Tulsa is 14 miles from Broken Arrow
.. Baylor AC Tari Cummings was Tulsa AC from 2017-18
Dcheetah
I took this notification to mean players signed in the second week after signing day from Nov 10- 17. I supposed they were reporting the signing but not yet revealing the signee. May be wrong. We will see. I understood McKenzie 's tweet to mean players from Oklahoma and not just from.OKC. Again,.we.will see.
Eball
Certainly keeping us on the edge of our seats!
GelaBear
&ct=g
Lynnp550
I read somewhere that Darianna planned to reveal her choice on Monday 11/22, though she would have signed earlier. I doubt ESPN would get it wrong, or am I just naive?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.