Recruiting

241,724 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have heard Arkansas but I think below one of her last visits for a reason. Hopefully we can pull her in.
Adriacus Peratuun
BUatbirth said:

Ok. I know Littlepage-Buggs has had a visit. I haven't seen that Smith has. I'm not sure how strongly this staff is
pursuing Smith. Have you heard anything on the direction Fontleroy may be leaning?
Posted this a while back. Read into it what you will.

BUatbirth
Yea, that's the post I was referring to.
Adriacus Peratuun
As an aside:

when calculating recruiting success likelihood, knowing the player's Summer Team/who coaches it/other players on team/existing relationships (good or bad) is critical. Also, knowing the family situation of players is critical.

For example, I don't see Sa'Myah Smith going away to college given her tight knit family. She plays for Team Lex [Alexis Jones tie-in]. The staff at Team Lex happens to be friendly with Larry Tidwell and other coaches similar in style (read into that item what you will). Team Lex players tend to land in a certain geographic footprint.

SA Finest, CyFair Elite, ProSkills, etc. each have different characteristics on where their players tend to land. The staff's have different key relationships. Baylor tended to focus on four prominent Texas programs for recruits [and occasionally go elsewhere].

Summer Teams tend to rise & fall in prominence. Shoe company connections/funding are huge. Arkansas has directly benefitted from the massive upswing of one Summer Team. Once huge Summer Teams in Houston and Dallas have either folded or diminished to having little talent.

Baylor WBB is building new relationships with numerous Summer Team coaching staffs. In some cases, Baylor WBB is repairing disastrous relationships. It will take time. The 2022 & 2023 recruiting classes may be thin.

Fortunately, the Transfer Portal has changed the CBB world. Will be totally shocked if Baylor isn't one of the top [size & quality] players in the WBB Transfer Portal in Spring 2022.
BUatbirth
Good information. Thanks AP
Dcheetah
Smith visited early and was really quiet about the visit. No pics like her other stops.

I am really hopeful for Bella but worry the Ark-Bamshees pull may be too steong. Interesting they had Dauda as her host. Wonder if any anti-Baylor recruiting went on there. CNC offered Bella early quite some time before Ark and the PT here has to be greater and we definitely have some future Banshees looking our way with J Williams and M. Johnson so I have hope.

Hope Ruby is an i dependent thinker!
baylor1984
Adriacus Peratuun said:

As an aside:

when calculating recruiting success likelihood, knowing the player's Summer Team/who coaches it/other players on team/existing relationships (good or bad) is critical. Also, knowing the family situation of players is critical.

For example, I don't see Sa'Myah Smith going away to college given her tight knit family. She plays for Team Lex [Alexis Jones tie-in]. The staff at Team Lex happens to be friendly with Larry Tidwell and other coaches similar in style (read into that item what you will). Team Lex players tend to land in a certain geographic footprint.

SA Finest, CyFair Elite, ProSkills, etc. each have different characteristics on where their players tend to land. The staff's have different key relationships. Baylor tended to focus on four prominent Texas programs for recruits [and occasionally go elsewhere].

Summer Teams tend to rise & fall in prominence. Shoe company connections/funding are huge. Arkansas has directly benefitted from the massive upswing of one Summer Team. Once huge Summer Teams in Houston and Dallas have either folded or diminished to having little talent.

Baylor WBB is building new relationships with numerous Summer Team coaching staffs. In some cases, Baylor WBB is repairing disastrous relationships. It will take time. The 2022 & 2023 recruiting classes may be thin.

Fortunately, the Transfer Portal has changed the CBB world. Will be totally shocked if Baylor isn't one of the top [size & quality] players in the WBB Transfer Portal in Spring 2022.
Will be interesting to see the top 8 Sammie puts out tonight. She's right in our backyard so I hope CNC can reel her in.
Dcheetah
I'll be surprised if Sammie chooses us since she really seems to be trending heavily W. Coast but would be really happy if she does. Also not sure she is as high on our board as some others but that is my opinion based on the value Nicki puts on defending the perimeter and paint (driving).
BUatbirth
I put on another thread how I'd be shocked if we aren't a top 8 school. However, you make a good point.
CNC seems to have a very specific skill set she recruits. Skill set takes precedence over "rankings"
slimecap

BIG 12 TCU & Texas
PAC 12 Arizona, Oregon, Stanford & USC
SEC LSU & Texas A&M
Brusinbear2001
Ciera Toomey was offered this summer and released her top 8 and Baylor was not included
UConn Duke and Maryland were just to name a few.
She was a 6'3 forward in the 2023 class. But if we can grab Kyla Abraham (6'5 F/C)and Kyla Oldcre (6'6 C) I believe that CNC will be able to develop them to be a powerful duo in the paint.
bowdedg
Do we know which recruit was at Baylor on Friday and Saturday?
Dcheetah
Ciera only listed NE schools or school with.ex-UConn staff. Prob UConn. Too bad because she fits the profile of what we want at center perfectly.
Brusinbear2001
Yes she would have been perfect, but when i look deep into the players that we could still get i am excited about our chances for big things.

Darianna Littlepage-Buggs- 6-1 wing that was outstanding mid range and a great rebounder, watching her AAU team she is a hustler that goes for things even that are not on the stat sheet. I feel she can develop to be something very scary

Kyla Abraham- 6-5 Forward/ Center that is a beast with the block, i have seen a video of her blocking Jada Williams and man it was energizing.

Sa'Myah Smith- 6-4 Wing/ Forward that is dropping in the rankings due to a ACL injury but definitely not dropping in talent level.

Also Ysabella Fontleroy, Kyla Oldacre, and Ruby Whitehorn

There are so many others the best site i use to keep track is the
https://wbbblog.com/baylor-womens-basketball-recruiting/2/

Helps me keep track of who goes where and they update it pretty quickly.
Eball
Thanks for the website!
Dcheetah
Agree with all that. Hoping to get your top 3 ( Darianna, Sa'Myah, Kyla A and hopefully 1 of Bella or Ruby. Bella visiting this wknd I think. If Ruby does visit then possible but no chance if not. I think our other Big comes from the portal with some experience.
Brusinbear2001
Kyla Oldacre would not be a bad get either she is a 6'6 center and had offers from South Carolina, LSU, and Texas and none of them made her lengthy list of finalists but Baylor did so I am hoping we could snag her as well. she has been on 3 of her 5 official visits and it was to Miami, Florida State, and NC State. She is from Ohio so maybe Coach Chloe could work some magic.
Wbbfan29
I'm okay the Kyla O but I really like Kyla A better. I feel like she is more "body" ready for college. Seems to be more athletic than Kyla O. I seen some of her videos and It didn't wow me but I would love to have and develop her .
Brusinbear2001
She reminds me a lot of Aaliyah Boston from South Carolina, She is a great rebounder and great playing back to the basket. If we did not have to develop players CNC and staff would not be necessary, but all players have to grow. We saw it with Kalani Brown, Queen Egbo, a lot of our post players as of late. I do understand KM and her staff did a lot of the developing but the current staff is seeing things we obviously don't and have visions to make our Baylor Women's Basketball great.
Wbbfan29
Well yes, its obvious that everyone will be developed. I was just stating my opinion of the athletic type. But as I stated before I wouldnt mind getting her. Hell I wouldn't mind getting them both. We definitely will be lacking height next year if we don't get a big guard or big post player. My hope is to get a big post player or two and a few 6 foot guards complete class of 22. But I'm not going to get my hopes to high but I know we will have to rely heavy on the transfer portal next year. Hopefully we can make a big splash this season and it will be easier to get people to go to baylor
Brusinbear2001
Yes i really believe these recruits are holding out to see the style of play come to life on the court. They want to see W's and the chance to picture themselves in the new era that is starting at Baylor. We as Baylor fans and just fans of women's basketball in general have to show our support to these ladies and it will help our staff pull more recruits in.
BUbackerinET
Hope so, we will need it, if for no other reason - depth.
BUbackerinET
I have Sammie fatigue. Wish we could have salvaged it, obviously she sees other options as better for her. Good luck to her, I for one won't miss the drama…
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/PBRhoops/status/1448296846040969217?t=7qB_2Ps4kQ2dqaTpNSDqrQ&s=19

PBR Texas Basketball rankings 2022-24
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/CSASLadyComets/status/1448443023722000387?t=DAvZxkrLsmg1GNSrr1dMFA&s=19
hitmanmw
Wow - we don't even make Sammie's top 8?? That's not too encouraging from a former commit.
ScottS
hitmanmw said:

Wow - we don't even make Sammie's top 8?? That's not too encouraging from a former commit.

Yeah it sucks
Brusinbear2001
Yeah it does suck but the one thing CNC has said from the start at her press conference is that she respects what KM has done. I mean she is one of the greatest coaches ever because of things she did at Baylor. But she will never be able to be KM and can only be CNC. I believe some recruits wanted to play for the brand KM had and nothing is wrong with that. We just have time be ready for something different and from the looks of it it looks real positive.
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/kourtne22887393/status/1448699677487022081?t=8wOljpjpUDAq5btJhx62nw&s=19
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/LaciSteele2023/status/1448882270006304771?t=cGkRQrWH6V8Gh1s1_C2Zqg&s=19
BUbearinARK
Dcheetah said:

https://twitter.com/LaciSteele2023/status/1448882270006304771?t=cGkRQrWH6V8Gh1s1_C2Zqg&s=19
Love these. Liked, retweeted, followed.
Brusinbear2001
Kyla Oldacre released her top 4 and Baylor was not in that we still have a lot of good recruits out there she was just very good to help solve the length issue.
Dcheetah
I think that these are our main targets:
Reyna Scott
Bella Fontleroy
Darriana Littlepage-Bush (maybe Ruby Whitehorn)
Sa'Myah Smith
Kayla Abraham

All can play positionless basketball
Wbbfan29
2024 #7 ranked Taliyah Parker 6'1 is here with Bella on campus as well
Dcheetah
Great news! I hope they love it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.