Recruiting

240,788 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She also has done a unofficial visit already this past summer when it was just Nicki and Tari on staff so she is one of the first recruits we were going after.
Brusinbear2001
I really believe we will have big guards and that will be the staple for baylor womens basketball in the future.
Brusinbear2001
If we can win the big 12 tournament, make a final 4, Lyss goes number 1 in the draft, i could see the portal going heavyyyyy towards us this season.
BU71
Brusinbear2001 said:

I really believe we will have big guards and that will be the staple for baylor womens basketball in the future.
I agree. I expect to see more big, athletic guards, wings and posts who can guard multiple positions.
BuinmyBlood
Dcheetah said:

Yep!

Wow. Just read the Twitter story on this, and Fontleroy averaged 24 points, 10.9 rebounds, and 1.6 steals per game as a senior. And has a 4.68 GPA to boot. Impressive...
Dcheetah
She is very impressive. And DLB avgd about 16pts, 13 rbs, 3assts and 2 steals per game
Brusinbear2001
DARIANNA WON THE OKLAHOMA 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
Wbbfan29
That's so awesome !! Bella's team won their state quarterfinals game today !!! Let's go BU signees!!
Brusinbear2001

this is highlights of Bella's Team
WacoKelly83
Take Angel off our wishlist
Dcheetah
I don't think she has been a major target since last summer.
Brusinbear2001
the portal this summer will be crazy HUGE NAMES. I am glad we waited honestly we didn't rush to make moves. Do we even know Queen is leaving for certain???
blueeyedbear
WacoKelly83 said:

Jackson State ??? Interesting choice !!
Baylorkid
Brusinbear2001 said:

the portal this summer will be crazy HUGE NAMES. I am glad we waited honestly we didn't rush to make moves. Do we even know Queen is leaving for certain???

I think it'd be weird to walk on senior night and then come back for a season
Brusinbear2001
anyones mind can change… i don't think we know for certain i'm sure it is like a 95% chance she is done but there is still a part of me that just wants her here so bad lol
Baylorkid
Brusinbear2001 said:

anyones mind can change… i don't think we know for certain i'm sure it is like a 95% chance she is done but there is still a part of me that just wants her here so bad lol

Haha I understand. I think it'll benefit her to stay another year but I'm positive she's done
Brusinbear2001
the way she has grown in one year alone has been crazyyyyy just imagine two mannnn. I just think the back to the basket roll is not hers. She is gonna be a great pick and roller especially if she can get a consistent outside of the paint shot. She can be a great athletic defenseive 4 in the league. It will just be consistency with her and i believe she can find it!!
74Bear
IMO..Time for a commitment now. The iron is hot after national top 10 finish and winning Big 12 reg season. A commitment would give momentum going into the summer.
Brusinbear2001
i just don't think one she is worried about it at this time and two the portal is not at its potential just wait these coming weeks and months it will be a hotbed. A team like south carolina has a ton of players that don't get minutes and have another 2 high recruits coming and that is without them using the portal at all. Right now they are predicted to have 13 players on the roster this season they had 15. I think it will blow up. Not saying South Carolina will lose everyone but you have to think not getting minutes is a issue for these athletes.
jumpinjoe
Do we have any interest in these two in transfer portal with two years of eligibility left?

Fresno State's Haley and Hanna Cavinder Announce They're Entering Transfer Portal
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Brusinbear2001
i know they are great for NIL but how is their basketball
jumpinjoe
The Cavinders dazzled during an otherwise difficult 202122 season for the Bulldogs. After winning Mountain West Player of the Year the season prior, Haley averaged 19.8 points, 9.4 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game, while posting three triple-doubles throughout the campaign. Hanna added 14.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game but Fresno State stumbled along to a dismal 11-18 overall record. The Bulldogs were eliminated in the opening round of the Mountain West conference tournament.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
WacoKelly83 said:

Passed long ago.

blueeyedbear
Brian Ethridge said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Passed long ago.

She was a good one to pass on - there will be other better ones coming out soon
Brian Ethridge
Staff
blueeyedbear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Passed long ago.

Yep, big timer.
Wbbfan29
Brian you know I love it when you tease us lmao !!
Dcheetah
Is it done?
Dcheetah
Chloe Kitts

Wbbfan29
Class of 2023 right
Dcheetah
Yes
bowdedg
Brian Ethridge said:

blueeyedbear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Passed long ago.

Yep, big timer.
Is Baylor on their radar?
Dr. J
Baylorkid said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Haha I understand. I think it'll benefit her to stay another year but I'm positive she's done
I believe you have 48-72 hours (or some short time limit) after your last game to declare if you are entering the WNBA draft but, there is no time limit until you graduate to declare if you are coming back or not. Although, that may be set by the coach for future recruiting purposes.
Dr. J
jumpinjoe said:

Do we have any interest in these two in transfer portal with two years of eligibility left?

Fresno State's Haley and Hanna Cavinder Announce They're Entering Transfer Portal
We don't need more short guards.

They are at Fresno State for a reason....mid-major and not P5 talent.

Baylorkid
Dr. J said:

jumpinjoe said:

We don't need more short guards.

They are at Fresno State for a reason....mid-major and not P5 talent.

True but they can hoop for sure! But yes I want more tall guards who can rebound
slimecap
jumpinjoe said:

The Cavinders dazzled during an otherwise difficult 202122 season for the Bulldogs. After winning Mountain West Player of the Year the season prior, Haley averaged 19.8 points, 9.4 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game, while posting three triple-doubles throughout the campaign. Hanna added 14.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game but Fresno State stumbled along to a dismal 11-18 overall record. The Bulldogs were eliminated in the opening round of the Mountain West conference tournament.

"First my twin, then my teammate, now my business partner"
- Haley Cavinder instagram

https://instagr.am/p/CQyy5rJhfNh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.