Recruiting

240,787 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CNC also recruited Jordan Lewis.
Can we please stop discussing CKM on so many threads and focus more on the team and coach we have now?
BUatbirth
Eball
Kim got Jordan before she left good job CNC for keeping her though !
BUatbirth
CNC and staff are giving max effort on the recruiting trail. I see that CNC is in Leon for the FIBA U16 Women's Championship.
Dcheetah
BUatbirth
Refreshing to see camaraderie between competitors.
DFW Bill
I'm not all in with the the coach on the right. The Tennessee coaches, Kellie Harper and Samantha Williams are cool, both good recruiters. Winston Gandy, the Duke assistant had coached at Rice, Maryland and the NBA, good person on his way up. I am not familiar with the other three coaches.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUatbirth said:

CNC and staff are giving max effort on the recruiting trail. I see that CNC is in Leon for the FIBA U16 Women's Championship.
Yep,

I'd take Cassadre Prosper today.
BUatbirth
Yes, Kassandre is special. Heck, I'll take any one of our targets today. Need that first one to get the ball rolling.
slimecap

My texters are currently tracking because
Baylor AC Tony Greene was a former assistant coach at Ole Miss

2021 Se'Quoia Allmond
PG 5-7 Whitehaven HS Memphis TN
HoopGurlz #70

26 Aug 2021 Entered transfer portal
06 Nov 2020 Committed to Jackson State
Almond stated, "I always wanted to do something different and be my own person. I like to start trends. And it might not be today or tomorrow, or even this year, but eventually, people are going to start catching on and moving to HBCUs so that's the plan."
Note
Allmond was being pursued by Louisville, Kentucky, Ole Miss & Kansas.

- Excerpts from Steven J. Gaither, HBCU Gameday, 10 Nov 2020
Dcheetah

Aaliyah had a big week at Blue Stars 30 camp winning 3pt contest and 3v3. She is a 5'9" guard from Lubbock and is followed by TG. She plays for Cy Fair Elite.
Lynnp550
Hmmmm.....interesting that you can bring up CKM again without a hiccup while my text was deleted.
Eball
What ?
BUVA
Far right is Jeff Walz, coach of the Louisville Slugettes
DFW Bill
Glad someone else saw that.
BUVA
He was probably kicking everyone under the table and laughing about it, so they made him move to the end. He just can't help himself.
Lynnp550
Prolly Jeff Walz did it
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Lynnp550 said:

Prolly Jeff Walz did it
What got deleted?
Dcheetah

Maybe 1 to watch. CNC and Chloe follow her. She follows multiple Baylor coaches.
Lynnp550
Don't even remember exactly..
The gist: I was also a huge fan of CKM. She left. I got over it, If you only follow the coach, then you are not a true Lady Bears fan.
Dcheetah

MVP of the World 3v3 tournament for team USA.
Mikaylah would be an amazing pick up for us if we could get her. She is also known as a great defender. At one point under CKM she was very interested in Baylor. I am pretty sure they are recruiting her still. Imagine signing both 3v3 MVPs ( Keyonte won it for the men!)? Anyone know her level of interest? You know CKM will be trying hard (she is a Louisana girl) and I did hear her connected with Ole Miss recently. Anyone know our chances?

Need to change this post to Baylor Commits win...
Dcheetah
CNC checking in on Mikaylah - not noted here but CNC liked the post

Dcheetah

Looks like we missed early on Breya Cunningham. She will be an excellent college center. We still might get in on her late if we have a big year and she doesn't commit too soon. I was hoping we would make her early top 8 which would get more intetest in some of the Cali kids we are looking at. Tx is killing it in recruiting right now...I am hopeful we will be in the same place in a year. Think we are.going to have to show well with an attractive style and good winning percentage and tourney run to get the players we really want on the court. We do have somerhing almost no one else has, lots of playing time for recruits considering us.
Dcheetah

p
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
BUatbirth
Laci Steele came for a visit. Have we offered her?
Dcheetah
BUatbirth said:

Laci Steele came for a visit. Have we offered her?

Don't think offer yet but she is #1 ranked Prep in 2022 in Oklahoma and has visited. Played for Proskills with Maddie Cox.

74Bear
Anyone have any idea if Sammie Wagner might still be leaning to Baylor?
BUatbirth
74Bear said:

Anyone have any idea if Sammie Wagner might still be leaning to Baylor?
Good question. I gotta believe she would be leaning our way. If for no other reason than she has loved the school all her life. That has to count for something. People talk about "relationships". I believe building those is important. However, I can't imagine it's that difficult to know if you really like a coach,,,especially CNC and her staff. I mean Sophia as your mentor?,,,come on. A bunch of positives for Baylor. I half expect her to narrow her list down before long.
Related to Sammie and others,,,I do think many recruits want to see how all the positive energy of CNC and staff translates to the court.
Dcheetah
74Bear
Decheetah, AP, Slimecap...or anyone that keeps up with these recruits: who would you say is our 3 to 5 most likely to get commited to BU?

IMO, We sure need one big name soon to get the ball rollkng.
Adriacus Peratuun
74Bear said:

Decheetah, AP, Slimecap...or anyone that keeps up with these recruits: who would you say is our 3 to 5 most likely to get commited to BU?

My understanding is that the Top Two focuses in recruiting are:

1) mobile posts

2) length on the wing

based upon that wishlist, think SaMyah Smith may be first. We are a great geographical fit for her [close to home, close to family farm].

Definitely recruiting several "long" [think 6'0 to 6'2] wings. Any of them might be "the one".

A third recruiting priority is outside shooting. Pure floor spacer. But think that want is definitely behind the first two needs.

Dcheetah
Another name for mobile center is Kyla Abraham from Miami. 6'5" 185. She likes us and just put us in her top 5. Kyla Oldacre is another name but she is more in the line of our bigger prior posts.

At wing:
Mikaylah Williams - outstanding top 5 player - just won MVP of FIBA 3v3. - she has liked us alot at one time and her game fits us perfectly but she will be a very hard pull as a top national recruit

Ysabella Fontleroy - we started recruiting her right out of the gate when her stock was down from injury and this summer she blew up with a great AAU season. She plays for Missouri Phenom which is a feeder program for Atkansas (same as M. Dauda) who is also recruiting her. Very good 3 pt shooter.

Darianna Littlepage-Buggs - 6'1" wing from Oklahoma. Plays AAU with Mavs Durham Elite with Mikayla Williams.

Maybe Saniyah Glenn-Bello?

At guard, Tonie Morgan and Mya Petticord may be names to watch. Lots of 2023s and beyond on the radar.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Adriacus Peratuun said:

74Bear said:

My understanding is that the Top Two focuses in recruiting are:

1) mobile posts

2) length on the wing

based upon that wishlist, think SaMyah Smith may be first. We are a great geographical fit for her [close to home, close to family farm].

Definitely recruiting several "long" [think 6'0 to 6'2] wings. Any of them might be "the one".

A third recruiting priority is outside shooting. Pure floor spacer. But think that want is definitely behind the first two needs.

I don't see it with Smith to BU, see Tech or LSU or Arizona.

2022 icould be difficult as relationships were built the past 3 years with them, not 3 months ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.