Recruiting

241,713 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks slimecap lol you always know the right thing to say!! WE LOVE YOU KYLA !!
Adriacus Peratuun
Laughing at comments about recruiting rankings by folks that know little/nothing about the game.

FYI, 99% of all "Bigs" in WBB recruiting are development players. Finding a "plug & play" big is like winning the lottery. You can count on your fingers the number of Bigs that were ready to play from Day 1 at high level WBB programs over the past two decades.

Recruiting Bigs means looking at athleticism, body makeup, height, reach, hands, etc. with a view to skill mastery capability not current skills.

Abraham can easily be compared to Mompremier. Late bloomer with decent size and athleticism. Unlike Mompremier, she doesn't have a REALLY messed up jumpshot.
Bulldog
Wbbfan29 said:

Okay but Bulldog we still have a long way to go . Yes we missed out on some players but we will be okay. Let's be positive. This was a good week and a step in the right direction. It is no point in constantly pointing out the negative things which us as fans can't do scathing about. We just need to support CNC and the players that are willing to play for her. Kyla has been on this board and screenshoted some comments and put it on her Instagram story and tagged Queen. Luckily they were positive comments. The last thing we need is to make a commit feel bad and unwanted because her ranking is not what we are you too. LETS STAY POSITIVE BECAUSE WE ARE STILL BAYLOR !!
You make excellent points. I appreciate your positive comments.
GrizBear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Laughing at comments about recruiting rankings by folks that know little/nothing about the game.

FYI, 99% of all "Bigs" in WBB recruiting are development players. Finding a "plug & play" big is like winning the lottery. You can count on your fingers the number of Bigs that were ready to play from Day 1 at high level WBB programs over the past two decades.

Recruiting Bigs means looking at athleticism, body makeup, height, reach, hands, etc. with a view to skill mastery capability not current skills.

Abraham can easily be compared to Mompremier. Late bloomer with decent size and athleticism. Unlike Mompremier, she doesn't have a REALLY messed up jumpshot.
Internetriacus Expertuun
Adriacus Peratuun
GrizBear said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Internetriacus Expertuun
When Mulkey's Lapdogs can't dispute analysis….

Rankings are often flawed……no response.
How players are analyzed in recruiting……no response
Player comparison…..no response

Petulant internet footstomping ensues. Try waving your fists in the air to complete the tantrum.
Chibears2
Glad to welcome our first WBB recruit of new coaching era! Glad to have you in the family! Here's to more to come! Green and gold looks GREAT on top level athletes! Come check it out!
BUatbirth
Homecoming weekend,,,with Bella Fontleroy

Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/HooverLadyBucs/status/1450847457248677889?t=cARhDujF14QYJjNkh8Lhkg&s=19
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/LaciSteele2023/status/1433220952146460673?t=1JSLuGPiBPVz6mN78ZgXRg&s=19
BUatbirth
Laci came on a unofficial visit. From what I could tell she had a good AAU season. Very competitive and relentless hustle. She is a very likable, humble person. Baylor would seem to be a good fit for her, and her personality would certainly fit CNC's program. No offer that I know of. Her game may need to be raised a bit for that. Just my worthless 2 cents.
BUatbirth
Bella!!!

https://instagr.am/p/CVJ_eoMs-Af
Dcheetah
Bella and Taliyah look good in green and gold!!
BUatbirth
Sure do! Looked like they were having fun.
BUatbirth
Fairly certain this was Laci's visit a few months ago.

Dcheetah
Look at the date. It was last week.
Wbbfan29
It's old. She just recently posted it
BUatbirth
Yea, she does put #latepost.
bearmission8
I am excited to see CNC and our coaches starting to work their magic. It's time for another NC at Baylor sic em
“If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me." Luke 9:23
Baylor University Class of 93-94
BUatbirth
Things have been quiet.

For 2022, we are waiting on decisions from:

Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
Bella Fontleroy
Catarina Ferreira (JUCO)?

Anyone I missed? This is just spit-balling on my part, but,,,, I would like to believe we are a strong contender for Darianna. A Ark. rag had a article on Bella following her official visit there. The quotes from Bella in the article lead me to think she is a Ark lean. That was before her official to BU. As to Catarina. Other than it said we have offered her,,,I got exactly zero on where her recruiting stands.

Thoughts?

slimecap
BUatbirth said:

For 2022, we are waiting on decisions from:
Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
Bella Fontleroy
Catarina Ferreira (JUCO)?

Anyone I missed?

JUCO WATCHLIST
Kristina Ekofo
6-0 SO Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO)
from Brussels, Belgium
2019-20 Eurobasket team
Basket Namur Capitale Belgium-Top Division Women
24 Sept Named Pre-Season All-Region 2 team
Visiting NEO gym to watch workout
24 Sep UMKC
28 Sep Baylor
slimecap
2022 HS WATCH LIST
Kiersten Johnson
Forward 6-3 Duncanville HS Duncanville TX

2022 HS WATCH LIST
Reyna Scott
PG 5-9 Nazareth HS Brooklyn NY
Brusinbear2001
I really believe the transfer portal is going to be booming this year because a lot of good talent will not get to play because of huge rosters. South Carolina for one has i believe 17+ players and all are talented. So be ready for players to go to a good program like baylor because we have minutes and a coaching staff that i believe can do great things. And our players know players and i'm sure they talk to one another about these situations.
BUatbirth
Thanks for the names I omitted.

For 2023 Chloe Kitts. #16 ESPN. Followed by CNC

Wbbfan29
I really want her, I love her mobility and overall skill.
Wbbfan29
I think we have a great shot at Buggs also. Although I would love to have Fontleroy as well I think Arkansas is the leader as well. Hope we can come out with at least one on the two.
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/kierstenjohnso/status/1452652668401430529?t=UnuC4t6eRQ4spfLClz_d9A&s=19
Brusinbear2001
i feel it will be OU but who knows.
Wbbfan29
Yea I figured she was an ou lean. I believe she did both an unofficial and offical visit to OU
slimecap
9 remain uncommitted in the Top 40 of 2022 HoopGurlz rankings:
Rankings 2, 12, 15, 17, 20, 26, 27, 36 & 40

Baylor in the mix for
#17 Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
#40 Ysabella Fontleroy

NOTE
On their website, 2022 HoopGurlz has not yet posted
Oct 23 #18 Verbal Commitment to South Carolina
Noobear21
I think the Bears have good shots at both DLP and Fontleroy.

Fontleroy was definitely an Arkansas lean, and she may still end up there, but the path to earlier playing time is clearer at Baylor.

If that matters - it may not. She has a lot of ties to coaches and players in Fayetteville.

I also think she enjoyed her trips to VA Tech and Arizona, fwiw. Have heard her decision may not come until right around signing day, but that isn't confirmed.

slimecap
Noobear21 said:

... Have heard her decision may not come until right around signing day, but that isn't confirmed.
Hi Noobear21,
Welcome to the Forum!
Appreciate your post.
Wbbfan29
I agree. Her commitment could be very much a shocker if she commits to VT, TT, or AZ. But not so much if she commits to Arky. If she wants to have a chance to play immediately I think Baylor will be a good swing for her.
Dcheetah
We are following a number of these prospects. #18 Taliyah Parker just visited.

https://twitter.com/ASGR1995/status/1448725390965547009?t=oWLH-c3tTy5kLr8Gvkx0YA&s=19
BUbearinARK
slimecap said:

Noobear21 said:

... Have heard her decision may not come until right around signing day, but that isn't confirmed.
Hi Noobear21,
Welcome to the Forum!
Appreciate your post.
Wichitabear
BUVA said:

Far right is Jeff Walz, coach of the Louisville Slugettes
Can't stand him

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.