Recruiting

242,751 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
bearmission8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WacoKelly83
Brusinbear2001
This portal is getting very crazy already and I would think a team with our roster size could find some important pieces. I think we need two post players. Someone to help Kyla with experience and give her pointers on that. The one that just left Uconn is a 5-11 post player similar to Bickle but i do not know if she can shoot. What do y'all hope to get?
Brusinbear2001
CNC would love a player like Angel Reese from Maryland. That just seems like the style we are looking for and I am not mad at it.
Brusinbear2001
or Charisma Osborne from UCLA i think we will get another Vet PG in the portal as well.
Dcheetah
Angel Reese

Brusinbear2001
That Stat line is crazy also against quality opponents, I watched the game they had versus south carolina and she is legit and when they get Diamond Miller back watch out for Maryland.
Dcheetah
Aaliyah Chavez

https://twitter.com/806HsscConnect/status/1472073387010932744?t=O-ZW-Cc-cC-RAWS7iyN96w&s=19
Dcheetah
Chloe Kitts MVP

https://twitter.com/DMEACADEMYGBB/status/1473414975842627593?t=sRFICxWosbUZyHMC8YgbwA&s=19

https://twitter.com/kitts_jason/status/1473662699158523911?t=JO4EvtC9eRIUjbyIzOc60A&s=19
Dcheetah
Darianna

DLB has had a big Dec playing national teams. Just finished Nike Champions tournament

Dec 4 vs Duncanville: 15pts, 2asst, 25 rbs
Dec 18 v Mater Dei: 29pts, 1 asst, 9rbs
Dec 20 vs New Hope Academy: 12 pts, 3 asst, 14 rbs
Dec 21 v Biahop McNamara: 16pts, 2asst, 18rbs
Dec 22 in Nike Champions final v Etiwanda
27 pts, 1 steal, 16rbs

She can score and rebound! This is the height and athleticism we are going to see on the perimeter.

https://twitter.com/HoopVick/status/1474010811668463616?t=iNsCrQONY0FuE_qdvB8QLA&s=19
Brusinbear2001
for any waco locals if you can you need to come out and watch La Vega the defense intensity is crazy and they are very small very young. It is entertaining and high energy basketball. Full court press about 80% of the game and the suffocate teams even with being a short roster.
Lynnp550
DLB, we CANNOT WAIT to welcome you to Baylor Women's Basketball!
Brusinbear2001
I love that the people we recruited have like a sense of fight in them. I'm really really excited to see Kyla and her development over the time at Baylor i think we will get to see what CNC would have done with Queen.
Lynnp550
If it would make a difference, I wish Queen would stay one more year. But again, I wonder if maybe her heart just isn't in it,
Bearprof
I've read that Kyla may be less advanced offensively than many 5s at her age, but she looks very, very athletic in her highlights. Can't wait for her to develop.
Brusinbear2001
I have read similar she just got into the AAU game but she grew so much so fast and has tremendous upside!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Bearprof said:

I've read that Kyla may be less advanced offensively than many 5s at her age, but she looks very, very athletic in her highlights. Can't wait for her to develop.
She is extremely athletic and long. Will develop over the course of her career, but be a defensive force to start.
Dcheetah
Chloe K.

Dcheetah
We thought she was coming last year.

Dcheetah
Mc D AA candidates:

Darianna made the cut

Dcheetah
Chloe K.

Dcheetah
Lavender Briggs, prev at U. FLORIDA, just transferred to Maryland this week. She was thought to probably be wcoming to Baylor earlier this summer. FYI.
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
Bella

Dcheetah
She visited earlier in year and liked us but I think she may have fallen off our radar and we were not included in her top 8 although I think we could get there if we wanted to. She is more athletic than I remember.

Dcheetah

We have several nominees.
Brusinbear2001

I have mentioned her looking baylor for a while she is close with Chloe and Nicki already follows her. I could see it!!!
Brusinbear2001
She will be a great player with experience that is a big guard i could see her playing the Wing Role. She is listed at 6'2 forward. We could be closer to playing this positionless basketball then we think folks!!
BaylorBears_254
Brusinbear2001 said:

I have mentioned her looking baylor for a while she is close with Chloe and Nicki already follows her. I could see it!!!

This is why HS recruiting is not as important! If NC can get this girl, we immediately find our #1 option for next year.

Pair her along with the 4 coming in, the few coming back, and 2-3 more impact transfers and we're rolling.
baylorbear33
BaylorBears_254 said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

This is why HS recruiting is not as important! If NC can get this girl, we immediately find our #1 option for next year.

Pair her along with the 4 coming in, the few coming back, and 2-3 more impact transfers and we're rolling.

I don't quite understand how quitting mid season and entering the transfer portal is an option. This would be a major red flag for me as a coach.
setshot
Outstanding talent. It would be easy enough to discover the source of her discontent at MSU, and either credit it or discount it, based on circumstance and context. She would be a huge asset to this program at a time when the need was greatest.
Brusinbear2001
The situation at Mississippi State is why, the coaching staff there is not who she signed to play for they cannot win to save their lives she is not developing as a play at all anymore and needs change it makes sense.
baylorbear33
Ok, that I can understand, but why mid season? Why would you not stick it out for another 6 weeks or so and then make your intentions known? I don't believe she can transfer to another school, enroll in classes, and finish the season with another team at this point, so the timing part is a head-scratcher for me.
Lynnp550
Maybe it's simple - she watched our ISU game.
Brusinbear2001
it could be in squad issues, there is so many different things. She didn't say those but i wouldn't consider her a quitter when we have no clue what goes on in that program

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.