North Korea Makes an Offer

69,498 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GolemIII said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Still hoping this pays off the way we were promised.
Me, too.

I think armed conflict is less likely now than 2 years ago. Postpone the military exercises; they are just trade bait as far as i'm concerned.

Meet with the only fat person in N. Korea. So what?

Better to talk than to shoot.

As long as it leads somewhere. What are we getting for foregoing the military exercises?
Fewer taxpayer dollars spent.

Hey, uf saving money us your thing I got a list. But what did N.Korea give up in return, since that's the topic.
Maybe an easing of tensions helps the next stage. Nothing like talking to someone saying we're ready to de-escalate, then do war exercises at the edge of their sea and land borders targeted at the way we beat you in a battle.

Sure, we could become less prepared as N. Korea becomes more prepared. And chat along the way.
We've been preparing for war with North Korea for over 60 years. I'm sure we could figure it out.

And look at the libertarian hawk. Strange attitude from the GTFO guy.

Ha! His libertarian mask slipped off a long time ago...his giant statist nose won't let it stay on.

Quash sux!!!!!!!
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

I think armed conflict is less likely now than 2 years ago. Postpone the military exercises; they are just trade bait as far as i'm concerned.

As long as it leads somewhere. What are we getting for foregoing the military exercises?

Hey, uf saving money us your thing I got a list. But what did N.Korea give up in return, since that's the topic.
Maybe an easing of tensions helps the next stage. Nothing like talking to someone saying we're ready to de-escalate, then do war exercises at the edge of their sea and land borders targeted at the way we beat you in a battle.

Sure, we could become less prepared as N. Korea becomes more prepared. And chat along the way.
How are we less prepared?

Exactly. And now that the exercises are exposed as worthless can we quit touting them as a bargaining chip?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

Exactly. And now that the exercises are exposed as worthless can we quit touting them as a bargaining chip?
Nobody, at least not I, is saying the exercises are worthless, just not necessary this month. I have no idea how big a chip this is, but it is worth something.
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

Nobody, at least not I, is saying the exercises are worthless, just not necessary this month. I have no idea how big a chip this is, but it is worth something.

I'm not seeing "something" from N. Korea.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

Nothing yet.
Maybe something someday, maybe nothing ever. What harm?
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

Nothing yet.

N.Korean nuclear attack on somebody.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

Nothing yet.

So don't postpone military exercise that we can run anytime
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

Nothing yet.

So don't postpone military exercise that we can run anytime

As a bargaining chip with no apparent value. Remember, this is about President Trump's claims. Still hoping we get something, and not willing to praise him if all we get is nothing.
riflebear
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

HuMcK said:

Me, too.

TexasScientist
Quote:

https://t.co/sx0OcTyhvU
This is cosmetic. I want to see tangible and demonstrably substantial progress at eliminating nukes and demilitarization.
riflebear
TexasScientist said:

Quote:

This is cosmetic. I want to see tangible and demonstrably substantial progress at eliminating nukes and demilitarization.

LOL. Facepalm
quash
riflebear said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

LOL. Facepalm
Why? It's what we were promised. Trump didn't go over there to facilitate yard maintenance.
Golem
quash said:

riflebear said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

LOL. Facepalm
Why? It's what we were promised. Trump didn't go over there to facilitate yard maintenance.

You continue to lie and claim Trump "promised" something re: DPRK. If you are that desperate for a straw man, go buy a scarecrow.
riflebear
It's called on the path to peace. Do you have any clue how these two countries felt about each other a little over a year ago? Obama said this was the worst situation facing the new administration and now it's one where you don't hear a peep from the press about the dangers of N.Korea.

Also, nuclear experts said it could take 2-3 years to completely denuclearize. Patience.

quash
riflebear said:

It's called on the path to peace. Do you have any clue how these two countries felt about each other a little over a year ago? Obama said this was the worst situation facing the new administration and now it's one where you don't hear a peep from the press about the dangers of N.Korea.

Also, nuclear experts said it could take 2-3 years to completely denuclearize. Patience.

Patience I got. Those of you who wanted to give Trump a Nobel peace prize could use some.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Quote:

LOL

Go to North Korea
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

Patience I got. Those of you who wanted to give Trump a Nobel peace prize could use some.
Well lets see. If we want to compare what Trump has done for a Nobel Peace prize w/ N. Korea vs Obama reading a teleprompter doing literally nothing for his, then I guess you have a point. LOL
Florda_mike
quash said:

riflebear said:

Hey dummy, if obama had done what President Trump has done he'd already received half a dozen Nobels!!!

You libs are totally worthless and against progress in our country
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Well lets see. If we want to compare what Trump has done for a Nobel Peace prize w/ N. Korea vs Obama reading a teleprompter doing literally nothing for his, then I guess you have a point. LOL

You wouldn't know this, but I said at the time that it was given aspirationally. And I wrote later that I was sure they wanted it back given the amount of blood on Obama's hands.
Florda_mike
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

You wouldn't know this, but I said at the time that it was given aspirationally. And I wrote later that I was sure they wanted it back given the amount of blood on Obama's hands.

^^^ No way!

Obama the globalist was loved no matter what by the globalist Nobel's!!!

That's how these things work FYI, as if you didn't know
HuMcK
Quote:

satellite images suggest that the North has been engaged in a great deception: It has offered to dismantle a major launching site a step it began, then halted while continuing to make improvements at more than a dozen others that would bolster launches of conventional and nuclear warheads.
(...)
And the sanctions are collapsing, in part because North Korea has leveraged its new, softer-sounding relationship with Washington, and its stated commitment to eventual denuclearization, to resume trade with Russia and China.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
No way.
J.R.
wut? I thought Trumps said he got it all taken care of.....just trust me.
quash
Jack and DP said:

No date. So if it ever happens one of Trump's grandkids gets the Nobel?
ATL Bear
quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Chairman Un has so far lived up to these statements, although the progress on the dismantling has been slower than some would like.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Chairman Un has so far lived up to these statements, although the progress on the dismantling has been slower than some would like.

The mantling, however, is going along splendidly...
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Libtards here and everywhere are rooting for the "dismantling" of our country if it'll just take down Trump

They can't stand having Trump make em accountable
Osodecentx
Are we any the worse for having met with Kim?
quash
Osodecentx said:

Personally I am unaffected. Kim is much better off. Trump got played so he's a little worse. And there's no evidence he learned anything.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Personally I am unaffected. Kim is much better off. Trump got played so he's a little worse. And there's no evidence he learned anything.
How is Kim better off? How is Trump a little worse off? What should Trump have learned?

Trump met with a dictator. There are a lot of them. We didn't send food or technology; we just talked. It appears they are building more rocket launching sites. We know about them and can resume are status quo ante position of diplomacy, if we choose.
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

How is Kim better off? How is Trump a little worse off? What should Trump have learned?

Trump met with a dictator. There are a lot of them. We didn't send food or technology; we just talked. It appears they are building more rocket launching sites. We know about them and can resume are status quo ante position of diplomacy, if we choose.

Kim got photo ops with the C in C of the world's largest army. Trump got pics with another dictator, made claims that have not turned out, and still thinks he did a great job. We are in status quo ante.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Kim got photo ops with the C in C of the world's largest army. Trump got pics with another dictator, made claims that have not turned out, and still thinks he did a great job. We are in status quo ante.
status quo or worse off? Make up your mind.
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

We are in status quo ante. Trump is a little worse off.
What do I need to decide?
Osodecentx
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Was a chance for detente with N. Korea worth having a picture made with Trump. I say yes. The USA is no worse off.

Something positive may yet come of the effort.
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Was a chance for detente with N. Korea worth having a picture made with Trump. I say yes. The USA is no worse off.

Something positive may yet come of the effort.

Something positive has already come out of it: Trump stopped threatening a paranoid sociopath with nukes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.