Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

77,765 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coke Bear said:

Kyle said:

I too would be curious on Sam's perspective, but I agree with OldBear that there is a difference between Christian marriage and civil marriage. I have never opposed gay civil marriage, and I do not oppose any type of civil marriage: bigamy, trigamy, etc. Once we re-define, hard to justify any restrictions.
I'd love to go back and ask what has been the historical purpose of marriage?

It's society's way of letting everyone know we think loving couples are totes presh.
Kyle
Coke Bear said:

Kyle said:

I too would be curious on Sam's perspective, but I agree with OldBear that there is a difference between Christian marriage and civil marriage. I have never opposed gay civil marriage, and I do not oppose any type of civil marriage: bigamy, trigamy, etc. Once we re-define, hard to justify any restrictions.

While I do not agree with you, I appreciate that you are not a hypocrite concerning the polygamy aspects of civil marriage.

When the 5 people redefined 4000+ years of marriage, they opened Pandora's box to allow these other types of so-called marriages including polygamy.

Where do we stop? Do we allow brothers to marry sisters, mothers to marry sons, and fathers to marry daughters?

I'd love to go back and ask what has been the historical purpose of marriage?
Thank you. I do try - emphasize try - to be principled and consistent. Marriage between man and woman as noted serves a societal stabilizing benefit and serves to continue the species through procreation. Once that is opened, then it should not be closed. Who is government to place restrictions once that benefit is no longer the aim?

I of course am speaking purely from a civil perspective and intentionally ignoring the theological aspect.
quash
Coke Bear said:

quash said:

Sex is not limited to procreation. I got snipped a long time ago.

I would agree that the unitive aspect of sex is extremely important; however, the primary role of our sexual organs is procreative.

Please note that SEX only happens with penetration of a woman by a man. Anything other that that is NOT sex. It is a sexual act.

The reproductive system is the only system in our bodies that is not truly complete until it is joined with the opposite sex.

Sexual acts, sex, same thing. You are still defining sex in an extremely limited way. I straight up reject that.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
cinque
So, Bill's enemies were wrong after all. He really "did not have sex with that woman."
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

So, Bill's enemies were wrong after all. He really "did not have sex with that woman."

I'd agree with that only it wasn't Hillary on her knees.
xiledinok
cinque said:

Most men don't consider a blow job to be having sex.

Aside from the Biblical debate, there's a business side to allow them. The business side trumps the Biblical side.
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It is not "certainly unclear" how the bible addresses people who are born homosexual. In fact, it is abundantly clear in Scripture that we are all born with a sin nature. The fact that we all have a propensity to sin does not mean our sin ceases to be sin.

How we battle against our sin nature via reliance on the Lord is what matters.

You have swallowed the false logic of the gay lobby hook, line, and sinker.

True we are all born to sin but homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible only knows homosexual behavior and only in the most idolatrous since - temple prostitution and the Roman and Greek party scene.
Those are abhorrent. Homosexual behavior anal and oral sex outside of marriage is wrong just like for heterosexuals but, like straights, anal and oral sex are ok.
And no Mark is about divorce not the marriage of one and one woman. The Pharisees begin the discussion with a question divorce a man and woman so naturally Jesus answers that question.

Once again 47 demonstrates:
- He still doesn't know how to use the quote function;
- His failure of reading comprehension skills in light of Romans 1:24-32; and
- His misunderstanding that before there is a divorce, there must be a marriage...between a man and a woman. Irrelevant comment The Pharisees specifically ask about "man and woman." Jesus answered accordingly. You cannot deny it.

I pray for your former congregants that they someday receive the correct teaching.
"Correct teaching" is tainted by your upbringing. You were raised homophobic. I can't help that part of you.
Romans 1: 24-32 is clearly idolatry not homosexuality.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It is not "certainly unclear" how the bible addresses people who are born homosexual. In fact, it is abundantly clear in Scripture that we are all born with a sin nature. The fact that we all have a propensity to sin does not mean our sin ceases to be sin.

True we are all born to sin but homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible only knows homosexual behavior and only in the most idolatrous since - temple prostitution and the Roman and Greek party scene.
Those are abhorrent. Homosexual behavior anal and oral sex outside of marriage is wrong just like for heterosexuals but, like straights, anal and oral sex are ok.
And no Mark is about divorce not the marriage of one and one woman. The Pharisees begin the discussion with a question divorce a man and woman so naturally Jesus answers that question.

- His misunderstanding that before there is a divorce, there must be a marriage...between a man and a woman. Irrelevant comment The Pharisees specifically ask about "man and woman." Jesus answered accordingly. You cannot deny it.

I pray for your former congregants that they someday receive the correct teaching.
"Correct teaching" is tainted by your upbringing. You were raised homophobic. I can't help that part of you.

"Surely you will not die" - Satan
Coke Bear
Kyle said:

Marriage between man and woman as noted serves a societal stabilizing benefit and serves to continue the species through procreation.

Precisely. Societies benefit through marriage between a man and a woman; therefore most societies reward married couples. One was ours does it is through the Tax Code.

Same-sex couples do not provide any Natural benefit to society that requires marriage. A civil contract can obtain any benefit they need without calling it a marriage.

Kyle said:

Once that is opened, then it should not be closed. Who is government to place restrictions once that benefit is no longer the aim?

Take the example of slavery. Who was the government to take that right away from the States and the slave owners?

The question is "should have it been open in the first place?" 5 Supreme Court justices redefined the concept of marriage (which was 4000+ years old and existed outside of Judaeo-Christian norms) with feelings and emotions. No logic, no reason.

Kyle said:

I of course am speaking purely from a civil perspective and intentionally ignoring the theological aspect.

I'm an extremely devout Catholic; however, I am happy to discuss any of these Hot-button topics with logic and reason.
Kyle
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

IIRC, you are a pastor. When was your first sermon calling for marriage between a man and a man and a woman and a woman?

Who are you to comment on how one was reared and whether they were homophobic? Do you have any evidence to support this assertion and ad hom? Calling back to all of your "Political Discussion" posts, this seems to be another example of lack of self-awareness and projection.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

You are a preying wolf in sheep's clothing and no different than a pedo priest. I laid it out for you multiple times in detail, yet you still refuse. I am sorry for your lost soul.
Waco1947
Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

IIRC, you are a pastor. When was your first sermon calling for marriage between a man and a man and a woman and a woman?

Who are you to comment on how one was reared and whether they were homophobic? Do you have any evidence to support this assertion and ad hom? Calling back to all of your "Political Discussion" posts, this seems to be another example of lack of self-awareness and projection.

It's a stupid question. Preachers preach the text of the Bible and its faith meaning for people.
I do not preach it but I counsel gay couples. Currently I cannot marry a gay couple because I lose my credentials. I do advocate for justice for the LGBTQ community and write my Bishop regularly.

LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It's a stupid question. Preachers preach the text of the Bible and its faith meaning for people.
I do not preach it but I counsel gay couples. Currently I cannot marry a gay couple because I lose my credentials. I do advocate for justice for the LGBTQ community and write my Bishop regularly.

It would be cool if there was a quote feature on this board and

AND PEOPLE KNEW HOW TO USE IT!!!
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

You need to go back to Seminary because you're missing that "text" part.
xiledinok
When is the big announcement and protests to follow?
quash
xiledinok said:

Rally. It will be a rally.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
xiledinok
quash said:

xiledinok said:

Rally. It will be a rally.

Thank you. I forget bubble lingo at times.
Kyle
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

You've never preached a sermon? The Church frequently has led the Culture on social issues from slavery to the Social Gospel. When was your first sermon promoting gay marriage? I mean your position is that it is fully biblical, so I would expect that you would have been calling for this justice for decades, or do you not believe the Church should promote love and justice? If you never have preached a sermon fair enough, but if you, this seems like it would be a critical topic for you. So when was it?

Again with the ad homs - do you even read your own posts? I mean you call for civility, but you seem to be among the first to start ad homs and name calling. What makes you think Coke Bear was reared homophobic? What is the basis of this?
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

I do not preach it but I counsel gay couples. Currently I cannot marry a gay couple because I lose my credentials. I do advocate for justice for the LGBTQ community and write my Bishop re
gularly.

Text is the words of the Bible.

Mark 4: 40 "40 He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have NO faith?"
Matthew 8: "26 He replied, "You of Little faith why are you so afraid?"
Luke 8: 25 "Where is your faith?"

Each Jesus of these lines Jesus spoke. The text and context matter. Mk, Mt, Lk are not reporters but evangelists so the good preachers note the difference in the text. Do you note it? What is the good news or faith teaching of each saying?
Text matters. I learned that notion is seminary. You have not been so you know nothing.

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

I do not preach it but I counsel gay couples. Currently I cannot marry a gay couple because I lose my credentials. I do advocate for justice for the LGBTQ community and write my Bishop re
gularly.

Mark 4: 40 "40 He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have NO faith?"

Each Jesus of these lines Jesus spoke. The text and context matter. Mk, Mt, Lk are not reporters but evangelists so the good preachers note the difference in the text. Do you note it? What is the good news or faith teaching of each saying?
Text matters. I learned that notion is seminary. You have not been so you know nothing.

They should have taught you how to use the quote function in seminary.
They also should have taught you not to lie about others.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

gularly.

Text matters. Now repeat back Romans 1:24-32.
Kyle
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

gularly.

47 -

So tell us the first time you preached to your congregation that G-d defined marriage as male/female, male/male, female/female. As you have outlined for us, you believe male/male and female/female marriage is biblical and ordained by G-d. Given that, we would have surely expected you to have been preaching this message for years. I would love to read the text of your first sermon and know when you preached it. Otherwise, you leave us to believe either:
1) You do not believe preachers should speak out against injustice
2) You did not really believe this until the Culture told you to
Waco1947
So you got nothing? Matthew, Mark, Luke have certain perspectives.
Evangelists not reporters. You can't challenge me because you nothing but silly criticism of my use f a computer.
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

gularly.

Text matters: Here it is.
  • Romans 1: God's wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodly behavior and the injustice of human beings who silence the truth with injustice.
  • """"Injustice. Paul addresses the unjust. That is racists like you.
\
  • 19 This is because what is known about God should be plain to them because God made it plain to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualitiesGod's eternal power and divine naturehave been clearly seen, because they are understood through the things God has made. So humans are without excuse. 21 Although they knew God, they didn't honor God as God or thank him. Instead, their reasoning became pointless, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
  • """"""""""""Poor God Your reasoning has become pointless. You only repeat unthoughtful orthodoxy """""""""""
  • 22 While they were claiming to be wise, they made fools of themselves.
  • """""""""You make a fool of yourself with some language that you don't understand know it all and self righteous to boot who is really foolish. Abhorring the very people that God loves is incredibly stupid and incredibly ungodly.""""""""""
  • Paul 23 They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that look like mortal humans: birds, animals, and reptiles. """"""DT is not god and you made try to make god in his dumbass imagery."""""""
  • """"""""""You have exchanged a God of love for a jerk called DT. A MAN WHO DIVIDES AND HATES AND POAYSLACES TO YOUR FEARS."""""""""
  • 24 So God abandoned them to their hearts' desires, which led to the moral corruption of degrading their own bodies with each other. 25 They traded God's truth for a lie, and they worshipped and served the creation instead of the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
  • """""""""""Sadly you traded a God of love and compassion for a jerk.""""""""""
  • Paul 26 That's why God abandoned them to degrading lust. Their females traded natural sexual relations for unnatural sexual relations.
  • """"Idiot Paul is talking about temple prostitutes and pederasty not homosexuality. Damn get an education on gays.""""""
  • Paul 27 Also, in the same way, the males traded natural sexual relations with females, and burned with lust for each other. Males performed shameful actions with males, and they were paid back with the penalty they deserved for their mistake in their own bodies.
  • """""""""""""""""""""""Hell yes it was shameful and immoral and abhorrent but it has "zero" do with homosexuality but a party and temple, and cultural life.""""""""""
  • Paul 28 Since they didn't think it was worthwhile to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to a defective mind to do inappropriate things. 29 So they were filled wiTH -------------all injustice, wicked behavior, greed, and evil behavior. They are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, deception, and malice. They are gossips, 30 they slander people, and they hate God. They are rude and proud, and they brag. They invent ways to be evil, and they are disobedient to their parents. 31 They are without understanding, disloyal, without affection, and without mercy. 32 Though they know God's decision that those who persist in such practices deserve death, they not only keep doing these things but also approve others who practice them.-----------------------------------
  • All these - jealousy, greed, rude, invent ways to be evil, murder, fighting, deception, gossips, malice, injustice-----every damn one of these apply to the Donald J Trump not gays. Read the text. You are showing your damn ignorance.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

Justice?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

gularly.

• Romans 1: God's wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodly behavior and the injustice of human beings who silence the truth with injustice.
\
  • 19 This is because what is known about God should be plain to them because God made it plain to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualitiesGod's eternal power and divine naturehave been clearly seen, because they are understood through the things God has made. So humans are without excuse. 21 Although they knew God, they didn't honor God as God or thank him. Instead, their reasoning became pointless, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
  • """"""""""""Poor God Your reasoning has become pointless. You only repeat unthoughtful orthodoxy """""""""""
  • """""""""You make a fool of yourself with some language that you don't understand know it all and self righteous to boot who is really foolish. Abhorring the very people that God loves is incredibly stupid and incredibly ungodly.""""""""""
  • Paul 23 They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that look like mortal humans: birds, animals, and reptiles. """"""DT is not god and you made try to make god in his dumbass imagery."""""""
  • """"""""""You have exchanged a God of love for a jerk called DT. A MAN WHO DIVIDES AND HATES AND POAYSLACES TO YOUR FEARS."""""""""
  • 24 So God abandoned them to their hearts' desires, which led to the moral corruption of degrading their own bodies with each other. 25 They traded God's truth for a lie, and they worshipped and served the creation instead of the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
  • """""""""""Sadly you traded a God of love and compassion for a jerk.""""""""""
  • Paul 26 That's why God abandoned them to degrading lust. Their females traded natural sexual relations for unnatural sexual relations.
  • """"Idiot Paul is talking about temple prostitutes and pederasty not homosexuality. Damn get an education on gays.""""""
  • Paul 27 Also, in the same way, the males traded natural sexual relations with females, and burned with lust for each other. Males performed shameful actions with males, and they were paid back with the penalty they deserved for their mistake in their own bodies.
  • """""""""""""""""""""""Hell yes it was shameful and immoral and abhorrent but it has "zero" do with homosexuality but a party and temple, and cultural life.""""""""""
  • Paul 28 Since they didn't think it was worthwhile to acknowledge God, God abandoned them to a defective mind to do inappropriate things. 29 So they were filled wiTH -------------all injustice, wicked behavior, greed, and evil behavior. They are full of jealousy, murder, fighting, deception, and malice. They are gossips, 30 they slander people, and they hate God. They are rude and proud, and they brag. They invent ways to be evil, and they are disobedient to their parents. 31 They are without understanding, disloyal, without affection, and without mercy. 32 Though they know God's decision that those who persist in such practices deserve death, they not only keep doing these things but also approve others who practice them.-----------------------------------
  • All these - jealousy, greed, rude, invent ways to be evil, murder, fighting, deception, gossips, malice, injustice-----every damn one of these apply to the Donald J Trump not gays. Read the text. You are showing your damn ignorance.

Wow...you continue to be triggered by Trump. He has nothing to do with your incorrect interpretation of the Bible.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
xiledinok
Do you all think Homecoming attendance will be at an All time high after Baylor announces they will allow LBGTQ group on campus? Could folks Baylor hasn't seen since graduation come back for the big announcement?
Kyle
Waco1947 said:

Evangelists not reporters. You can't challenge me because you nothing but silly criticism of my use f a computer.
Why are you avoiding my question?
Florda_mike
xiledinok said:

Do you all think Homecoming attendance will be at an All time high after Baylor announces they will allow LBGTQ group on campus? Could folks Baylor hasn't seen since graduation come back for the big announcement?

^^^ Stirs the pot
Waco1947
Justice - the right to marry and be ordained
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

47, you are like an ostrich with your head in the sand hoping Kyle does see you. Why are you trying to hide from his question?
Kyle
Waco1947 said:

Come on man, answer the question: when did you preach you first sermon calling for gay marriage? Why are you avoiding it? If you have never preached, fair enough, but just say that.
Florda_mike
Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

Come on man, answer the question: when did you preach you first sermon calling for gay marriage? Why are you avoiding it? If you have never preached, fair enough, but just say that.

Crickets are most likely all we'll hear from Waco
JXL
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

gularly.

\

So you think Romans 1:27 refers to pederasty? The text, as you quote it, says:

Paul [sic] 27 Also, in the same way, the males traded natural sexual relations with females, and burned with lust for each other.

Since this passage makes clear that it was mutual ("for each other"), then in your theory, the child victims must have burned with lust for their abusers, correct?
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

I did challenge you. You just played yourself into repeating the text...you said text was important and you pasted actual text demonstrating that homosexual acts were wrong....with some Trump Derangement Syndrome thrown in!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.