Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

77,773 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
bearassnekkid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

The most arrogant statement I've read in this thread was made by the poster claiming to be "proud" of his homosexual friends who struggle not to sin, as if that sets them apart from him in some important way.

It does set them apart. I'm acknowledging that their denial of self and struggle against their particular sin nature is in many ways more difficult than my own. We don't all have the same walk. Theirs is a difficult one , and I'm proud of my friends who walk it successfully.
The only difference in their "struggle" and yours is they must fight against something certain kinds of Christians feel duty bound to weigh in on in a very public way. Nobody gets to tell you how proud they are of you for not being self righteous.
Nah, their struggle is unique in that it involves denying themselves romantic relationship . . . which often results in loneliness. It's a difficult one. There's nothing wrong with me holding my friends in high esteem who are able to walk that out.
Turns my stomach. "Man, it's really great how you deny yourself that which I cherish."
Actually it's not unique. All unmarried Christians are called to celibacy, most obviously priests and nuns, but also many others whose vocation doesn't include marriage for whatever reason.
Skipped right past my point. Y'all don't want gays to marry. You want to deny them that which you enjoy.

Or do you really believe god called gays to celibacy? If your answer is yes don't reply.
Yes. God calls anyone who desires to have sex outside of heterosexual marriage to abstain. Gay, unmarried, whatever.
I don't miss that god. One bit.

He created you with that right and ability. It's the only thing that makes real relationship or love possible. But He misses you quite a bit.
Real relationships are made possible by god, huh. And then forbidden to some. You can have that.
Real relationship is made possible by free will. You're exercising yours to reject God. It's your choice, but He desires relationship with you nonetheless.
xiledinok
Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

After Brittany G played basketball and was the biggest lesbian in Big 12 history, the school looks decent and normal trying not to cause grief with the other 10-20 percent of our gay student population.

It's a little late to complain about gays and lesbians after BG was hyped and marketed by the school.
Who's Brittany G...a pop star or something?

Our rather well known women's basketball player. We surrendered our closet gay student population when we ran her out on the floor.

Baylor likely has a large gay population that would cause strife if known by the Baptist check writers.
Meh.

Baylor ain't no fundamentalist campground. It basically goes by the old military strategy on gays and lesbians.
"Don't ask, don't tell."
I don't know anyone who has a problem with that.

At $55k a year, they should not be getting into religion or sexual orientation. They also don't need to black ball these students since BG.
No one's getting blackballed. It's a free country with plenty of non-religious schools to choose from. Let them be who they are and let Baylor be Baylor.

Baylor is tolerant and has been for years.
The school isn't going to discourage them from applying. It's not good business, which Baylor happens to be in the private education business.
Sam Lowry
xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

After Brittany G played basketball and was the biggest lesbian in Big 12 history, the school looks decent and normal trying not to cause grief with the other 10-20 percent of our gay student population.

It's a little late to complain about gays and lesbians after BG was hyped and marketed by the school.

Our rather well known women's basketball player. We surrendered our closet gay student population when we ran her out on the floor.

Baylor likely has a large gay population that would cause strife if known by the Baptist check writers.
Meh.

Baylor ain't no fundamentalist campground. It basically goes by the old military strategy on gays and lesbians.
"Don't ask, don't tell."

At $55k a year, they should not be getting into religion or sexual orientation. They also don't need to black ball these students since BG.
No one's getting blackballed. It's a free country with plenty of non-religious schools to choose from. Let them be who they are and let Baylor be Baylor.

The school isn't going to discourage them from applying. It's not good business, which Baylor happens to be in the private education business.
So what's the issue?
xiledinok
Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Meh.

"Don't ask, don't tell."

So what's the issue?

The general alumni don't give a crap about Baylor acknowledging it has gay students. After BG, the anti gay tolerance was over.

FWIW, we had a gay guy who drew dresses in his dorm room the year we were stuck in the dorm. Years ago.
Sam Lowry
xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Meh.

"Don't ask, don't tell."

So what's the issue?

The general alumni don't give a crap about Baylor acknowledging it has gay students. After BG, the anti gay tolerance was over.

FWIW, we had a gay guy who drew dresses in his dorm room the year we were stuck in the dorm. Years ago.
So you interpret the quotation in the OP as simply acknowledging that there are gay students? The board discussion, the research, the student projects...all that is solely intended to answer the burning question "do gay students exist?"
ValhallaBear
Over/under on how many years it will be before there is a Gay Student's Association float in the Homecoming Parade??

I'll take the under
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

The most arrogant statement I've read in this thread was made by the poster claiming to be "proud" of his homosexual friends who struggle not to sin, as if that sets them apart from him in some important way.

It does set them apart. I'm acknowledging that their denial of self and struggle against their particular sin nature is in many ways more difficult than my own. We don't all have the same walk. Theirs is a difficult one , and I'm proud of my friends who walk it successfully.
The only difference in their "struggle" and yours is they must fight against something certain kinds of Christians feel duty bound to weigh in on in a very public way. Nobody gets to tell you how proud they are of you for not being self righteous.
Nah, their struggle is unique in that it involves denying themselves romantic relationship . . . which often results in loneliness. It's a difficult one. There's nothing wrong with me holding my friends in high esteem who are able to walk that out.
Turns my stomach. "Man, it's really great how you deny yourself that which I cherish."
Actually it's not unique. All unmarried Christians are called to celibacy, most obviously priests and nuns, but also many others whose vocation doesn't include marriage for whatever reason.
Skipped right past my point. Y'all don't want gays to marry. You want to deny them that which you enjoy.

Or do you really believe god called gays to celibacy? If your answer is yes don't reply.
Yes. God calls anyone who desires to have sex outside of heterosexual marriage to abstain. Gay, unmarried, whatever.

He created you with that right and ability. It's the only thing that makes real relationship or love possible. But He misses you quite a bit.
Real relationships are made possible by god, huh. And then forbidden to some. You can have that.
You've made it clear that you do not want God of the Bible.

You are always dependable to point out where you disagree with God. I'm going to guess that your first steps towards apostasy wasn't a deeper faith in science but a deeper desire to create your own god.

It's just my hunch and may not be worthy of a response. However, I hope it is worthy of a bit of introspection.

Wrong.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

Real relationship is made possible by free will. You're exercising yours to reject God. It's your choice, but He desires relationship with you nonetheless.

Would I have to be around people like you? Pass. Hard pass.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
YoakDaddy
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Meh.

"Don't ask, don't tell."
BU has students on campus that have alcohol issues. I don't know if there is an AA chapter on campus or not but I'm guessing there is not an organization that helps alcoholics remain in there same, troubled situation.

I would hope that if a student came out as gay, BU would support that student and their well being without condoning homosexual acts (sex). The same as with alcohol.

There's an AA chapter at least nearby. If you're caught with booze like for example in Penland, AA meetings are required for the period of the consequences....or so I've heard.....
Sam Lowry
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

Meh.

"Don't ask, don't tell."
BU has students on campus that have alcohol issues. I don't know if there is an AA chapter on campus or not but I'm guessing there is not an organization that helps alcoholics remain in there same, troubled situation.

I would hope that if a student came out as gay, BU would support that student and their well being without condoning homosexual acts (sex). The same as with alcohol.
In my day, not just an alcoholic but any student caught drinking in some circumstances might have suffered worse consequences than the gay student. I have no issue with that, even though I don't believe drinking is a sin. Let Baylor be Baylor.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

Would you say that to a gay person? I hope not.
bearassnekkid
quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

You sound pretty intolerant and non-inclusive. And more judgmental than the folks you're chastising for being judgmental.

So for you I guess it's more about agreeing with someone than actually being tolerant and viewpoint diverse? Sounds awfully similar to the people you're claiming are in the wrong. Interesting.
xiledinok
ValhallaBear said:

Over/under on how many years it will be before there is a Gay Student's Association float in the Homecoming Parade??

I'll take the under
At least Liberty beat us to having a bunch of swingers on the Presidential float.

It's going to be 3 years but no one will care because the general alumni do not attend Homecoming.
cinque
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Baylor doesn't have a divorce recognition group or a sex outside of marriage group, why would it recognize an LGBTQ group?

For clarity, the note does not say anything about recognizing anyone. It says that the Board was advised on how to provide a loving environment to people who probably need it the most.

There are gay people at Baylor, probably engaging in sinful acts....like everyone else at Baylor and anywhere else. If every sinner was thrown out of Baylor, we'd have no one left.

Divorce and adultery are false equivalences. LGBT people are not sinning. It is you who sins in condemnation

I would direct you to scripture but that doesn't appear to mean anything to you.

Only if you believe LGBTQ is a sin. ANd Homosexuality as sin is open to our interpretation.
Romans 1: 26 doesn't say a word a word about homosexuality or homosexuals.
Who taught you homosexuality was a sin?

Many folks have quoted you chapter and verse many times.

You simply ignore them and repeat the same bull**** .

It's called interpretation of Scripture. There is no one answer to homosexuality in the Bible. Are you not open to interpretation?
Does "The Lord is my shepherd" mean the same to you as 20 years ago?

Only the prideful or woefully ignorant would attempt to twist Scripture's obvious and repeated condemnation of homosexual practices.
I agree. Shame on them

Then go....and sin no more.
How many times must one acknowledge the homosexual acts depicted in Scripture are sinful?

Did you acknowledge that homosexual acts are sinful? If so, I missed it.

1. if the act is outside of marriage sin
2. If inside marriage No

Please call out God ordained the same sex marriage by chapter and verse. Thanks.

How can "God Call out" that which is not known by humans in the 1st AD.
God: "Homosexuality is a sin."
Writer: "Right! What's homosexuality?"
Show me chapter and verse where God says Homosexuality is wrong. Thanks.

Romans 1:24-32.

Again. Please call out where God ordained the same sex marriage by chapter and verse. Thanks.

It's right next to the chapter and verse that prohibits same gender loving marriage.
bearassnekkid
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Baylor doesn't have a divorce recognition group or a sex outside of marriage group, why would it recognize an LGBTQ group?

For clarity, the note does not say anything about recognizing anyone. It says that the Board was advised on how to provide a loving environment to people who probably need it the most.

There are gay people at Baylor, probably engaging in sinful acts....like everyone else at Baylor and anywhere else. If every sinner was thrown out of Baylor, we'd have no one left.

Divorce and adultery are false equivalences. LGBT people are not sinning. It is you who sins in condemnation

I would direct you to scripture but that doesn't appear to mean anything to you.

Only if you believe LGBTQ is a sin. ANd Homosexuality as sin is open to our interpretation.

It's called interpretation of Scripture. There is no one answer to homosexuality in the Bible. Are you not open to interpretation?

Only the prideful or woefully ignorant would attempt to twist Scripture's obvious and repeated condemnation of homosexual practices.
I agree. Shame on them

How many times must one acknowledge the homosexual acts depicted in Scripture are sinful?

2. If inside marriage No

Please call out God ordained the same sex marriage by chapter and verse. Thanks.

Again. Please call out where God ordained the same sex marriage by chapter and verse. Thanks.

It's right next to the chapter and verse that prohibits same gender loving marriage.
Is that next to the verse that prohibits pedophilia? And internet porn? Do you contend those things aren't sin as well?

The Bible makes clear that marriage is between one man and one woman. You know it, you just don't like it. And it calls lying with a man detestable and an abomination. You can do mental gymnastics in order to twist God's word if you want though.
LIB,MR BEARS
Let me quote either 47 or cinque

"Has God, indeed said...?"

Not 47 or cinque? Okay. Same thing.
Florda_mike
quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

Above statement tells you all you need to know about Quash

Angry and resentful anti-Christian wannabe atheist

Rejects God in full

Hence speaks with no morals, none!

Thus his hollow words deserve no respect
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

You've made it clear that you do not want God of the Bible.

You are always dependable to point out where you disagree with God. I'm going to guess that your first steps towards apostasy wasn't a deeper faith in science but a deeper desire to create your own god.

It's just my hunch and may not be worthy of a response. However, I hope it is worthy of a bit of introspection.

Wrong.
So, prior to you becoming apostate, you were cool with the theology and orthodoxy, your views changed after that?
Redbrickbear
Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

At $55k a year, they should not be getting into religion or sexual orientation.
Changing the culture is the whole point.

If you leave the State schools and go create private religions schools? Doesn't matter...... they will come to the new school and beat on the doors to be let in and demand changes to what is and is not sinful and wrong.

Its the weaponizing of the civil rights movement.

PartyBear
Baylor takes federal money as it is. It wants to be tier one and have all sorts of research grants coming in from government and private sector. Just like Texas Austin, Cal Berkeley, Stanford, Northwestern etc.... it looks like Baylor is starting to actually get serious about this after 20 years of just a bunch of BS in slick brochures to alums but taking no real steps. I would add, we also want to get into these elite academic associations that 2 or 3 of the current 5 P5 conferences require of members. We seem to be starting to take steps toward that as well.
57Bear
PartyBear said:

... It wants to be tier one and have all sorts of research grants coming in from government and private sector. Just like Texas Austin, Cal Berkeley, Stanford, Northwestern etc.... it looks like Baylor is starting to actually get serious about this after 20 years ...
And now you can add Texas Tech, The UT Arlington, The UT Dallas, and The UT El Paso to your list of "R1: Doctoral Universities Very high research activity".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_research_universities_in_the_United_States

LIB,MR BEARS
BU has to choose of this world or of God's kingdom.

The tier 1 and P5 goals will not mesh with biblical teaching the way many would like it to be perceived.
JXL
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

I agree. Shame on them

2. If inside marriage No

Matthew 19:4 He answered, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female, 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
Waco1947
JXL said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

I agree. Shame on them

2. If inside marriage No

Matthew 19:4 He answered, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female, 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
Waco1947
JXL: Read the text carefully 19:3 Some Pharisees wanted to test Jesus. They came up to him and asked, "Is it right for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?"

The question was not "Can a man divorce his man?"

A Bible student like you should be more careful
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

JXL: Read the text carefully 19:3 Some Pharisees wanted to test Jesus. They came up to him and asked, "Is it right for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?"

One of your Democratic candidates for President claims to have a husband. Does that mean he is a wife?

Not a trick question. A "preacher" like you should be more careful.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

Hahaha!!!! No because same sex marriage and homosexuality isn't ordained by God.

xiledinok
I m all for lesbians to be accepted and recognized officially on campus. It can only help basketball recruiting and that's more important than Baylor acting like homosexuality doesn't exist on campus.

Leave those girls alone. They attract good pub when Kim wins championships.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

That's correct, the specific context of Jesus' statement was a question about divorce.

But in order to have a divorce, you first have to have what? A marriage!
cinque
Scripture is replete with examples of what it prohibits. While it doesn't endorse same gender loving marriage, it clearly does not prohibit it either.
Canada2017
cinque said:

Scripture is replete with examples of what it prohibits. While it doesn't endorse same gender loving marriage, it clearly does not prohibit it either.

Bull....self serving, blatant, ridiculous......bull.
whitetrash
cinque said:

Exodus 20:17 and Deuteronomy 5:21: "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ... ass...."
cinque
There's no reason to be mad. Real Christians should be grateful that you don't have to struggle like the gays.
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

Scripture is replete with examples of what it prohibits. While it doesn't endorse enslaving black Africans and hauling them to America in ships, it clearly does not prohibit it, either. There is no mention of the middle passage in the Bible.
Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

That's correct, the specific context of Jesus' statement was a question about divorce.

But in order to have a divorce, you first have to have what? A marriage!

And specifically the question was about man and a woman, not man and man; or woman and woman. Jesus, answered the question asked him about a man - woman marriage. That's a literal answer. I am sorry the text doe3s not support your bias. Well not really sorry. I am sorry that you are biased against LGBTQ because of your narrow religious upbringing.
If you really believe the Bible and Matthew 19 then you have to acknowledge that Jesus was asked a man and woman and He answered accordingly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.