Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

77,780 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
bearassnekkid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

I said the past 20 years. And yes you folks who want to be alums of Liberty should have gone there.
So, let's see. You (A) made your decision to come to Baylor more than 20 years ago, and (B) think that 20+ years ago Baylor was less religious and conservative (and therefore less offensive to your liberal and/or atheistic worldview) than today.

Yeah. Ok then.
LIB,MR BEARS
bearassnekkid said:

PartyBear said:

I said the past 20 years. And yes you folks who want to be alums of Liberty should have gone there.
So, let's see. You (A) made your decision to come to Baylor more than 20 years ago, and (B) think that 20+ years ago Baylor was less religious and conservative (and therefore less offensive to your liberal and/or atheistic worldview) than today.

Yeah. Ok then.
remember when Baylor was run by liberals who hated dancing. LOL at the logic of the shrimp brain
quash
bearassnekkid said:

PartyBear said:

Yeah. Ok then.
Do you really not understand the time frame reference? The Polanyi fiasco? TArts? Declaring war on the school's alums? Blowing Title IX?

There's no party ideology in play unless you brought it with you.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Prairie_Bear
bearassnekkid said:

May have picked the wrong school.
Ha, maybe! Disappointed in this post tbh (especially coming from you whom I respect). I am reading this as essentially, "go back to where you came from and/or you are not welcome here". I am a grad alum, do I not have a say?

Quote:

LOL at the logic of the shrimp brain
Equally disappointing. Personal attack on another poster b/c of a disagreement. Mr Bears, do you feel a comment like this to someone struggling with their faith brings them closer to God, no impact, or triggers a "this is why I don't go to church anymore" response?

Look I get it, I grew up going to church 6 days a week (5 days private high school, Sunday) then went on to Baylor. I get the circle the wagons and shoot out mentality. As a Christian it gets old having to take it all the time, but this is your opportunity to WITNESS TO OTHERS! Your most important duty and instead the default action on this board is to author an epic burn and trigger that dopamine release counting your agreement blue stars. If there is a grand judgement, I think some of you are in for a surprise.

Response to other posts off the top of my head (still would like some of my questions answered as I struggle with those, but of course no obligation):
  • What is "God's Economy"?
  • Does it make sense to have "access to information" about the origins of the universe but NOT the sun is the center of our solar system? I don't know, maybe too small of a detail to be bothered with? I say this in a macro sense, thought the context would be obvious.
  • That's awesome Newton and Pasteur had faith, how come they were not able to author new texts to the Bible given their new found knowledge about the universe and how they felt God makes things work? Would they not have more credibility than an unknown sheep herder? If I claim God is breathing through me, how come everyone doubts me but if I existed 2,000 years earlier I'd have more authority?
xiledinok
Sam Lowry said:

PartyBear said:

I said the past 20 years. And yes you folks who want to be alums Liberty should have gone there.
I'd say you folks who want to be alums of UC Berkeley should have gone there...but of course I know you're kidding. X has assured us that no liberal would ever come to Baylor and try to tell us what to do.
Conservatives don't like to tell people what to do?
I doubt activists at Cal Berkley want to load up and hangout in Waco. Just doesn't seem visable or exciting compared to California. Austin is different.

This is about the pro Texas side of Baylor. It's going to happen with the club. Good for business and rankings. Baylor is a school.
bearassnekkid
Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Ha, maybe! Disappointed in this post tbh (especially coming from you whom I respect). I am reading this as essentially, "go back to where you came from and/or you are not welcome here". I am a grad alum, do I not have a say?

I didn't mean that in a snarky way. Sorry if it came across as such.

I meant it legitimately. Maybe you actually picked the wrong school. That would be an ok thing to acknowledge. I admit, I am always a little baffled by the folks who complain about Baylor being all "religious" etc. I always want to ask, "Did you not research the school you chose to attend? How could you not know that Baylor is an overtly religious institution?"

The push to "change" Baylor always just makes me shake my head. People knew what Baylor was when they decided to go there. Why the disdain now? And if you have "evolved" in your thinking since you made that decision, why does Baylor need to change as well? Are we saying there is no place for a Christian school in the marketplace of universities, just because you now wish you had chosen not to go to such a school?

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but just in the broader sense that I see anti-religious Baylor grads griping about Baylor being Christian . . . but that's not Baylor's "fault." It's the individual who changed in their thinking from when they made a conscious decision to attend a religious institution. I don't think the institution needs to change at the whim of the individual (or "culture") when it is rooted in a belief and mission it never tried to hide in the first place.
cinque
bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

I meant it legitimately. Maybe you actually picked the wrong school. That would be an ok thing to acknowledge. I admit, I am always a little baffled by the folks who complain about Baylor being all "religious" etc. I always want to ask, "Did you not research the school you chose to attend? How could you not know that Baylor is an overtly religious institution?"

The push to "change" Baylor always just makes me shake my head. People knew what Baylor was when they decided to go there. Why the disdain now? And if you have "evolved" in your thinking since you made that decision, why does Baylor need to change as well? Are we saying there is no place for a Christian school in the marketplace of universities, just because you now wish you had chosen not to go to such a school?

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but just in the broader sense that I see anti-religious Baylor grads griping about Baylor being Christian . . . but that's not Baylor's "fault." It's the individual who changed in their thinking from when they made a conscious decision to attend a religious institution. I don't think the institution needs to change at the whim of the individual (or "culture") when it is rooted in a belief and mission it never tried to hide in the first place.
People had to push Baylor to integrate. Without that change, Baylor would not have had those great football teams.
bearassnekkid
quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

PartyBear said:

Yeah. Ok then.
Do you really not understand the time frame reference? The Polanyi fiasco? TArts? Declaring war on the school's alums? Blowing Title IX?

There's no party ideology in play unless you brought it with you.
"He" (kind of obvious alt-nick) said Baylor has been run by idiots for 20 years and that those who think it should be a religious school should have gone to Liberty. In reality, Baylor was more like Liberty 20+ years ago than it has been for the last 20 years. But whatever.

bearassnekkid
cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

People had to push Baylor to integrate. Without that change, Baylor would not have had those great football teams.
So you're saying your race is inherently better at something than other races?

Do whites/asians etc get to make those claims too, or would that be racist?
PartyBear
No I didn't say that. Being right wing is not the same thing as "religious". This is your problem.
cinque
bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
bearassnekkid
cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Can't wiggle out now. You claim to be black. And you just said that the football teams are better because of black players. You're claiming your race is superior athletically. Are those kinds of superiority claims ok for other races or just yours?
LIB,MR BEARS
Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Quote:

Equally disappointing. Personal attack on another poster b/c of a disagreement. Mr Bears, do you feel a comment like this to someone struggling with their faith brings them closer to God, no impact, or triggers a "this is why I don't go to church anymore" response?

Look I get it, I grew up going to church 6 days a week (5 days private high school, Sunday) then went on to Baylor. I get the circle the wagons and shoot out mentality. As a Christian it gets old having to take it all the time, but this is your opportunity to WITNESS TO OTHERS! Your most important duty and instead the default action on this board is to author an epic burn and trigger that dopamine release counting your agreement blue stars. If there is a grand judgement, I think some of you are in for a surprise.

Response to other posts off the top of my head (still would like some of my questions answered as I struggle with those, but of course no obligation):
  • Does it make sense to have "access to information" about the origins of the universe but NOT the sun is the center of our solar system? I don't know, maybe too small of a detail to be bothered with? I say this in a macro sense, thought the context would be obvious.
  • That's awesome Newton and Pasteur had faith, how come they were not able to author new texts to the Bible given their new found knowledge about the universe and how they felt God makes things work? Would they not have more credibility than an unknown sheep herder? If I claim God is breathing through me, how come everyone doubts me but if I existed 2,000 years earlier I'd have more authority?

I don't disagree with this post even though a portion of it is directed at correcting me.

Let me explain. The poster made a really weak argument involving Old Testament law and shellfish, specifically shrimp. He then makes another argument that references no-dancing, don't ask/don't tell BU as being a better BU than today but coming from a liberal point of view. That certainly sounds crazy (yes, I know you can view it as Quash has but that changes the direction and topic of the thread) . Putting those two things together, shrimp and brain (thought process). It is/was intended as humor. Does humor always translate when there is no voice inflection or timing? No it doesn't. But, that is how the comment was intended. Context and source matters
LIB,MR BEARS
LIB,MR BEARS said:

A quick summation of my view.

Being gay will not send a person to hell anymore than being straight will send a person to heaven.

Sin is what will place a person in hell. The wages of sin is death. That is why WE ALL need a Savior. My sin is not homosexuality but I have plenty of other sins. Because of those other sins, I have a debt to pay but it is a debt I cannot pay. Christ paid it for me.

Do I still sin? Yes. Do I advocate for a sin and try to say it is not sin? I sure hope not. Do I still have sins of omission? Yep. Do I tell the world my omissions are not sin? I sure hope not.
and I'm the source of this post so it should help with context
xiledinok
bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Can't wiggle out now. You claim to be black. And you just said that the football teams are better because of black players. You're claiming your race is superior athletically. Are those kinds of superiority claims ok for other races or just yours?

Jimmy the Greek said so as well. Greek was white guy. He gave us great reasoning for the superior athleticism of black athletes in the United States.

The fundamentalist lost decades ago. Moderately Baptist is modern Baylor.
Sam Lowry
Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Quote:

Newton and Pasteur didn't add to the Bible because the Bible isn't a science book.

Religion is there to check and balance certain aspects of human nature. It doesn't advance like other disciplines for the same reason not every pedal on your car is a gas pedal.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

Edmond Bear said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Prairie_Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

PartyBear said:

If y'all were seriously sincerely rigid adherents to what ancient people thought, you would be raising issues about shrimp being served in the cafeterias. Stop picking and choosing what to ignore as to what ancient people wrote and what to rigidly adhere to.
This is perhaps the poorest, most uneducated, most overused argument regarding the bible that exist. Do just a little bit of reading on your own and then delete your post before others read it.
Why is it the "poorest, most uneducated, most overused argument regarding the Bible"? Because you don't like it nor have a good retort?

If we had a complete solar eclipse tomorrow, would you want a 500 B.C. sheep herding cave dweller to explain it to you or a current day educated astrophysicist? How do you feel naturally occurring phenomenon like that was interpreted and past down orally? Accurately?

I'm curious how questioning the judgement/context of people who knew nothing about the world/environment/science around them is "uneducated"? Willing to be educated...

Couldn't care less about LBGTQ groups or whatever at Baylor. Being a loving example will gain you more influence than a preachy moralist, IMO.
Those cave-dwellers birthed the civilization that produced modern astrophysics. If that civilization loses its way, don't expect an astrophysicist to be able to explain why.

Those cave dwellers are so far removed from today's world they couldn't explain it in any way except supernaturally.
It's the same world with the same rules of logic. Relying on technicians for moral insight will always be a fallacy.
It is a very different world.

God's economy hasn't changed. We have.

God's economy. OK.
When you're a smart guy, it is difficult to play dumb. Don't plead ignorance here.
cinque
bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Chuckle, I see why you're a con. You just make up stuff. Baylor is better in a myriad of ways because it made the change to integrate, football being one of them. Stop being such a con snowflake
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Prairie_Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Prairie_Bear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

PartyBear said:

If y'all were seriously sincerely rigid adherents to what ancient people thought, you would be raising issues about shrimp being served in the cafeterias. Stop picking and choosing what to ignore as to what ancient people wrote and what to rigidly adhere to.
This is perhaps the poorest, most uneducated, most overused argument regarding the bible that exist. Do just a little bit of reading on your own and then delete your post before others read it.
Why is it the "poorest, most uneducated, most overused argument regarding the Bible"? Because you don't like it nor have a good retort?

If we had a complete solar eclipse tomorrow, would you want a 500 B.C. sheep herding cave dweller to explain it to you or a current day educated astrophysicist? How do you feel naturally occurring phenomenon like that was interpreted and past down orally? Accurately?

I'm curious how questioning the judgement/context of people who knew nothing about the world/environment/science around them is "uneducated"? Willing to be educated...

Couldn't care less about LBGTQ groups or whatever at Baylor. Being a loving example will gain you more influence than a preachy moralist, IMO.
sacrificial laws do not apply as Jesus was the last sacrifice.

Thanks for sharing, not an easy watch but I did. Still don't understand your strong hyperbole when you are just replacing one ancient text script with a newer one then making a loud "how dumb are you!" statement.

Why did the direct line to God stop for authoring texts back when we didn't know anything? Shouldn't we be updating texts as a dynamic book like you just did to eschew OT commandments? We want to advance in literally every aspect of life except organized religion. Seems odd to me and alot of trust put in people who couldn't tell ya where the sun went at night but knew how to get to a magical afterlife!
Christians can't even agree on what makes a Christian (denominations), not thrilled to use scripture as some litmus test on what we should be doing with campus groups in 2019.
Knowing where the sun goes at night doesn't make you any wiser or more intelligent. It just means you've had access to information on that particular topic.
If you don't know where the sun goes at night there's a lot of the world you will never understand. As Sagan called it, the demon haunted world. A genius who worships river sprite will never use his genius to define gravity. Or germ theory. Or hydrofracking.
Isaac Newton: "Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done."

Louis Pasteur: "Posterity will one day laugh at the foolishness of modern materialistic philosophers. The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator. I pray while I am engaged at my work in the laboratory."

Can't find any quotes from George P. Mitchell, but evidently he was a member and generous supporter of Trinity Episcopal Church in Galveston.

Newton is (a) not fifth century BC and (b) not a sprite worshipper. Was he right to reject the Trinity? To point out that passages had been added to scripture?
Sprite-worshipers didn't have an advanced science because they lacked the concept of an ordered universe. The point is that there are plenty of foolish people who can tell you where the sun goes at night, and you won't be any better off if you let them tell you how to live. The Bible tells us how to live, not how the solar system works.
PartyBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Quote:

I don't disagree with this post even though a portion of it is directed at correcting me.

Let me explain. The poster made a really weak argument involving Old Testament law and shellfish, specifically shrimp. He then makes another argument that references no-dancing, don't ask/don't tell BU as being a better BU than today but coming from a liberal point of view. That certainly sounds crazy (yes, I know you can view it as Quash has but that changes the direction and topic of the thread) . Putting those two things together, shrimp and brain (thought process). It is/was intended as humor. Does humor always translate when there is no voice inflection or timing? No it doesn't. But, that is how the comment was intended. Context and source matters
Why dont you let me explain. My shell fish comment was also intended as a humorous way of showing you folks who accuse everyone you disagree with of treating scriptures with a cafeteria approach, that you have the same cafeteria approach practices and that you are no more dedicated to what "scripture" says than anyone else despite how piously you declare otherwise. Let me share with you neither Paul nor anyone else in the 1st century knew jack shzt about genes and DNA. As someone pointed out they didnt even understand what the sun was or what was happening at sunrise or sunset.

I specifically spoke about how Baylor's leaders (BOR and most Presidents of Baylor) have been bad over the past 20 years bad to the point of being embarrassing at times actually. Remember Franklin Graham's sister was a Regent during this time and didnt even have a high school diploma. It appears Baylor is turning a corner in that regard and has a good number of new Regents who could also be the type of person who would be a Regent at Vandy, Stanford or University of Texas. It appears due to this Baylor is getting serious about stepping up its game in the academic world and enhancing its reputation. This also more than any of you care to realize helps us maintain our current athletic status btw .
LIB,MR BEARS
PartyBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Quote:

Why dont you let me explain. My shell fish comment was also intended as a humorous way of showing you folks who accuse everyone you disagree with of treating scriptures with a cafeteria approach, that you have the same cafeteria approach practices and that you are no more dedicated to what "scripture" says than anyone else despite how piously you declare otherwise. Let me share with you neither Paul nor anyone else in the 1st century knew jack shzt about genes and DNA. As someone pointed out they didnt even understand what the sun was or what was happening at sunrise or sunset.

I specifically spoke about how Baylor's leaders (BOR and most Presidents of Baylor) have been bad over the past 20 years bad to the point of being embarrassing at times actually. Remember Franklin Graham's sister was a Regent during this time and didnt even have a high school diploma. It appears Baylor is turning a corner in that regard and has a good number of new Regents who could also be the type of person who would be a Regent at Vandy, Stanford or University of Texas. It appears due to this Baylor is getting serious about stepping up its game in the academic world and enhancing its reputation. This also helps us maintain our current athletic status btw.
this will require a much longer answer than I can provide while working. I'll revisit this evening.
Sam Lowry
PartyBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Quote:

Let me share with you neither Paul nor anyone else in the 1st century knew jack shzt about genes and DNA.
Neither do the people who are telling you homosexuality is genetically determined.
quash
bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Dude. If you think you can win without the best players, regardless of race, go for it. cinque is not saying black athletes are better, he's saying BU once ignored the best black athletes.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Dude. If you think you can win without the best players, regardless of race, go for it. cinque is not saying black athletes are better, he's saying BU once ignored the best black athletes.
No, that's not what he said. And if it's what he meant, at that time schools like Texas and OU were not exactly setting the bar for inclusion, so it's hardly a legitimate comment by any reasonable standard.
Prairie_Bear
I understand, no hard feelings thanks for taking the time to respond.

To the bulk of your post, I don't see allowing a LBT whatever group on campus as abandoning the Christian mission of the university. Homosexuals have been attending for a long time and the world is completely different now than it was 10/20/etc years ago. We will see more progress in the next 10 years than the prior 100, and it will keep exponentially increasing.
To think Baylor should be now what it exactly was 40 years ago is something I disagree with, but also understand not everyone will see it that way.
cinque
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
No, that's not what he said. And if it's what he meant, at that time schools like Texas and OU were not exactly setting the bar for inclusion, so it's hardly a legitimate comment by any reasonable standard.
I said what I meant. Baylor is better in a myriad of ways (football being one of them) because people challenged it to change and integrate. This is hardly a controversial statement, at least it shouldn't be.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
I said what I meant. Baylor is better in a myriad of ways (football being one of them) because people challenged it to change and integrate. This is hardly a controversial statement, at least it shouldn't be.
Integration was not about football. And you cheapen the matter by such suggestion.
PartyBear
Prairie_Bear said:

To the bulk of your post, I don't see allowing a LBT whatever group on campus as abandoning the Christian mission of the university. Homosexuals have been attending for a long time and the world is completely different now than it was 10/20/etc years ago. We will see more progress in the next 10 years than the prior 100, and it will keep exponentially increasing.
To think Baylor should be now what it exactly was 40 years ago is something I disagree with, but also understand not everyone will see it that way.
Totally agree!
bearassnekkid
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Nope. Nice try (not really), but nope. You said "without integration Baylor wouldn't have had those great football teams."

Everyone knows exactly what you meant. You think blacks are better at football. But if someone had said that an all black college would improve its proficiency in math or science by admitting whites/asians/whatever . . . you be crying that it was the most racist thing in the world.

You made a blatantly racist statement (by yours and current culture's definition). Just own it. For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with your statement because it's demonstrably true. But that don't fly both ways, does it Cinque?
cinque
bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

What?
Nope. Nice try (not really), but nope. You said "without integration Baylor wouldn't have had those great football teams."

Everyone knows exactly what you meant. You think blacks are better at football. But if someone had said that an all black college would improve its proficiency in math or science by admitting whites/asians/whatever . . . you be crying that it was the most racist thing in the world.

You made a blatantly racist statement (by yours and current culture's definition). Just own it. For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with your statement because it's demonstrably true. But that don't fly both ways, does it Cinque?
You stop being silly. Are you suggesting that without Baylor changing and choosing to integrate, it would have had those great football teams of the Briles era? You know better. A diverse Baylor has proved to better than the one that preceded it. I'm not sure of the point you think you're making, but stop. Just stop.
bearassnekkid
Prairie_Bear said:

How far does Baylor (or Christianity in general) bend to the "progress" of society? To the point that it's core beliefs and values are obliterated?

If society "progressed" to the point of accepting pedophilia, should Baylor sponsor/recognize/facilitate a Pedophile Club? If not, why not? It's taboo today, but by your reasoning what is accepted or prohibited today shouldn't matter. Newton, Pasteur, Aristotle, et al, apparently possessed no lasting wisdom because they weren't working with the same information we are . . . so by that logic we don't today either. Because in the future we'll have more information.

Or something that is prevalent and accepted today, like porn. Should Baylor endorse a Porn Club?

I'm of the opinion that God's Word doesn't change and shouldn't be bending to the whim of culture. Nothing has been "revealed" or discovered that would change the Biblical prohibition on adultery, or lying, or greed, or homosexuality, etc.
cinque
bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

How far does Baylor (or Christianity in general) bend to the "progress" of society? To the point that it's core beliefs and values are obliterated?

If society "progressed" to the point of accepting pedophilia, should Baylor sponsor/recognize/facilitate a Pedophile Club? If not, why not? It's taboo today, but by your reasoning what is accepted or prohibited today shouldn't matter. Newton, Pasteur, Aristotle, et al, apparently possessed no lasting wisdom because they weren't working with the same information we are . . . so by that logic we don't today either. Because in the future we'll have more information.

Or something that is prevalent and accepted today, like porn. Should Baylor endorse a Porn Club?

I'm of the opinion that God's Word doesn't change and shouldn't be bending to the whim of culture. Nothing has been "revealed" or discovered that would change the Biblical prohibition on adultery, or lying, or greed, or homosexuality, etc.
Well, I'm thankful that believing the Bible is what it says and what it means has led us to a more liberating hermeneutic on the issue of slavery.
xiledinok
There's a Pedo club at a university? Porn club? So stretch out the fear to fantasy land.
Baylor isn't really on the cutting edge of activism.
This is all school business.
In God Baylor Trusts.
YoakDaddy
bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

I agree with you 100%, but you need to realize like I did that Baylor's "Christian Mission" is for advertising purposes only.
LIB,MR BEARS
cinque said:

bearassnekkid said:

Prairie_Bear said:

Well, I'm thankful that believing the Bible is what it says and what it means has led us to a more liberating hermeneutic on the issue of slavery.

There will always be people who try to twist God's Word to meet their agenda. You mention slavery, but at other times it had been inter-racial marriage. Today, it is the "prosperity gospel ", redefining marriage and the roles of a man and a woman. Tomorrow, who knows.

Keeping praying and keep reading. Ask for the proper understanding and be humble enough to accept it when it is revealed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.