Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

76,492 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

No -you are the one with a demeaning bias against gays. You were raised with it.
How's he being biased?

(can't wait for this answer)
He believes that lgbtq community is sin. Thats a stupid bias like blacks are inferior to whites.
He's just believing what the Bible tells him. Who are you to say he's wrong? It's not a bias to believe something is wrong...especially when the Scriptures say it so clearly.
Look it's easy to make stories but it's really hard to think critically.
It's a bias that you raised with.
It's also hard to employ emotional intelligence to conversations. For example, do not rely on hyperbole and deliberate misinformation to deceive. For example:
1. Believe an activity is sinful is not mutually exclusive to loving or caring for people impacting by sin
>>>>>>>>>>who is impacted by the "sin of homosexuality."<<<<<<<<<<>
2. Making immature comparisons between gays and African Americans. >>>>>>>>It is "mature." Why? Because the Bible was missed used to enslave people. The Bible is again being misused with gays. The Bible was miss used with women in ministry. The Bible is constantly being misused to support all kinds of bias.<<<<<<<<<<<<>
3. Labeling people as biased or bigoted and then using that as justification for dismissing or abusing them
If the shoe fits wear it. Who is abusing who? Who is dismissing who?
Anyone who does not align with radical Gaystapo is being abused and dismissed. Many of those are Christians - many African American Christians - and others who do not buy into that worldview. No diversity is being tolerated, and the Gaystapo regularly abuses and refuses to tolerate anyone who dares hold a diverse point of view.

As noted, above, not that you will acknowledge it because it does not fit the argument, but I do not believe anyone (mainstream) believes there is a "sin of homosexuality." That is your straw man you keep attacking. Jesus was clear that marriage is between a man a woman ... can you point to the biblical passages where Jesus promoted slavery or discussed women in ministry besides promoting it?
Doc Holliday
Edmond Bear said:

Baylor doesn't have a divorce recognition group or a sex outside of marriage group, why would it recognize an LGBTQ group?

For clarity, the note does not say anything about recognizing anyone. It says that the Board was advised on how to provide a loving environment to people who probably need it the most.

There are gay people at Baylor, probably engaging in sinful acts....like everyone else at Baylor and anywhere else. If every sinner was thrown out of Baylor, we'd have no one left.

Yeah why would it?

https://baylorlariat.com/2022/04/20/baylor-charters-prism-lgbtq-allies-student-organization/
whiterock
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

Edmond Bear said:

Baylor doesn't have a divorce recognition group or a sex outside of marriage group, why would it recognize an LGBTQ group?

For clarity, the note does not say anything about recognizing anyone. It says that the Board was advised on how to provide a loving environment to people who probably need it the most.

There are gay people at Baylor, probably engaging in sinful acts....like everyone else at Baylor and anywhere else. If every sinner was thrown out of Baylor, we'd have no one left.

Divorce and adultery are false equivalences. LGBT people are not sinning. It is you who sins in condemnation
I believe lgbtq should be welcomed and loved at any University, how will someone ever repent if they don't see the love of Christ, from people that actually care about their eternal soul and not just the temporary.

That said, homosexual acts are sin, just as adultry and pre marital sex are sins. To deny that is simply rejection of Biblical truth, which unfortunately the progressive church majors in.
Key concept there in bold. Yes. But HOW? I spoke to a regent about this earlier this year. He asked me "should we let them attend the university?" I said, "yes. the far more important question is "what do we teach them?""

They are demanding that we love their worldview, lifestyle, etc....however one chooses to describe their agenda (and yes, Queer Theory is an agenda). They are demanding that WE change our views on philosophy, ideology, and religion in order to affirm their psychological shortcomings. We do not need to do any of that to love and accept them as human beings.

Yes, the alphabet people exist. No, that is not a problem. The problem arises when they demand that the rest of society affirm very the incredibly narrow aspects of humanity around which they have chosen identify with each other. We can affirm them as men or women, as engineers or electric meter readers, pediatricians or plumbers, etc.....we can affirm them for just being human. We can accept them on the basis of what they have to contribute to social contract. We should reject the innately selfish demand that we have to change the definition of basic things like family and gender. Such is a rather naked control ploy, to gain control of the environment around them. It's simply not necessary to do any of that to appreciate what an individual can contribute to society. They just need to offer that contribution and appreciate mine thusly.

Their "allies" say the alphabet people just want to be accepted as they are. But their strident refusal to accept the normal as they are betrays their ostensible cause for the power play it is. The public sees the intolerance of the movement, the demand with veins bulging at the neck to "AFFIRM ME" (or I will destroy you)! And the public will be rejecting this at the ballot box the next few cycles. Post-modern deconstruction has finally hit the brick wall of reality. Would be a stupendous blunder for the BOR to embrace Queer Theory (which is the demand) at the moment the public (including the gay community) is rising to reject it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.