Kyle Rittenhouse trial

54,791 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

We shouldn't have liars speaking for the Executive Branch of our government.
nein51
Jack Bauer said:

She's right. In a town where commissioner Gordon is doing is job you don't need Batman.

If the police or government put an end to those summer riots this wouldn't have happened.

I don't think any of us prefer vigilantism to law and order.
Jack Bauer
ADA: Why didn't Kyle just drop the gun and surrender?

This is what would have happened...

Wangchung
Jack Bauer said:

Can you believe there are halfwits who actually believe those riots were about justice of any kind? They wanted free stuff and the media fed them a false narrative that allowed them to get it. We need more heroes like Kyle and less cowards who hide behind a keyboard and ankle bite at the heroic actions of others.
Redbrickbear
Defense attorney just called out Joe Scarborough (and other media) lying about 60 rounds be shot.

Nice
Jack Bauer
Wangchung said:

Jack Bauer said:

Can you believe there are halfwits who actually believe those riots were about justice of any kind? They wanted free stuff and the media fed them a false narrative that allowed them to get it. We need more heroes like Kyle and less cowards who hide behind a keyboard and ankle bite at the heroic actions of others.

quash
90sBear said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

OUT:
Kyle is a white supremacist.

IN:
The Judge is incompetent

The judge has made some missteps but he's well under the Ito Line.

Media has gone well beyond calling him incompetent and has been doing so for a while.

Like I keep saying, I don't watch the news, so I'll just take your word on that.

He's racist because of his phone ringtone, a joke he made about boats being stuck in Long Beach Harbor, and he's made it more difficult for the prosecution than they would like.

He also honored veterans, another no-no.

The no-no was in asking the courtroom to applaud a witness on the stand. The judge knew in advance that the witness was veteran and could have recognized him without asking for applause. I think it crossed the "comment on the weight of the evidence" line.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Oldbear83 said:

You work very hard at being a *****, quash.

You can stop now, you have convinced everyone here you are indeed a soulless barrister.

I stuck to the subject. You made it personal. Do I prefer sticking to the law over personal attacks? Of course.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

OUT:

IN:
The Judge is incompetent

Media has gone well beyond calling him incompetent and has been doing so for a while.

Like I keep saying, I don't watch the news, so I'll just take your word on that.

He's racist because of his phone ringtone, a joke he made about boats being stuck in Long Beach Harbor, and he's made it more difficult for the prosecution than they would like.

The no-no was in asking the courtroom to applaud a witness on the stand. The judge knew in advance that the witness was veteran and could have recognized him without asking for applause. I think it crossed the "comment on the weight of the evidence" line.
I have not been watching the trial. I have heard differing accounts of what actually happened. Was he singled out? I had heard someone post that the judge thanked all veterans in the room.

I'm with you that it is a bad look.
Redbrickbear

Wangchung
Wow, this prosecutor continues to be a clown.
Jack Bauer
Wangchung said:

Is this prosecutor trying to laud Rosenbaum as a hero? Who is buying this ****?
Wangchung
Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

He's written his list of smarmy closing statements and is literally checking them off as he makes them. Did he REALLY think people wouldn't see a man, who made multiple death threats that night and was in the process of attacking him, as a threat?
quash
Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

OUT:

IN:
The Judge is incompetent

I have not been watching the trial. I have heard differing accounts of what actually happened. Was he singled out? I had heard someone post that the judge thanked all veterans in the room.

The judge certainly thanked all veterans, but at that moment the only one in the room was the guy on the stand.

These things are subjective. I was in a criminal jury trial last week where the state had five witnesses, all officers. In the opening to the panel the judge said to give equal consideration to all witnesses "even law enforcement and priests". That bothered me as it put cops and priests in the same category when no categories at all would have worked just fine. My co-counsel, OTOH, didn't care.
Sam Lowry
Did the defense object to the prosecution's argument that you can't claim self-defense against an unarmed person? I just saw the clip but missed it in context.
Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

OUT:

IN:
The Judge is incompetent

The judge certainly thanked all veterans, but at that moment the only one in the room was the guy on the stand.

These things are subjective. I was in a criminal jury trial last week where the state had five witnesses, all officers. In the opening to the panel the judge said to give equal consideration to all witnesses "even law enforcement and priests". That bothered me as it put cops and priests in the same category when no categories at all would have worked just fine. My co-counsel, OTOH, didn't care.

Thanks. That's sort of where I shook out - not a great look but if you're asking someone to make a decision about a complex legal case, probably need to trust them that the veteran's ovation was just a veteran's ovation. But should have passed on those optics.
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

Wang and Amal are selling the hero line. The prosecutor is bought it
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

I said y'all were selling it. Isn't that true?
You and the prosecutor seem to agree

Of course, the "hero" part is really obvious BS.

Note, though, that I think he is not guilty of the charges filed.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

It wasn't your business in jeopardy of being burned down. You have the luxury to snipe at an 18 year old from the back bench you occupy.
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

Got to be honest, I think he set out to feel like a badass that day. Scrubbed graffiti off for a few hours and realized it was serious. He was not expecting a violent, mentally unbalanced pedophile fresh out of the mental hospital to come after him. He didn't set out to be a hero, but to the store owners and especially to the future victims of that pedo out roaming the streets off his meds, he deserves a statue. (I wondered what you meant, figured you meant "in") That prosecutor definitely seems like he is on the side of the defense.
Jack Bauer
Wangchung
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

You work very hard at being a *****, quash.

You can stop now, you have convinced everyone here you are indeed a soulless barrister.

I stuck to the subject. You made it personal. Do I prefer sticking to the law over personal attacks? Of course.

Oh please, it's silly for you to pretend you ever take the moral high road.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

I hope this is a joke and not more #clownworld.
Malbec
Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

He said Rosenbaum, not Rittenhouse.
Osodecentx
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Okay, prediction time! What do you think happens with the jury verdict? Guilty on some? All? None?
Guilty of a misdemeanor, minor charge, probation sentence.

No rioting
What misdemeanor? It cannot be the gun possession charge.
Good call
Osodecentx
Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

He said Rosenbaum, not Rittenhouse.
You are correct. He actually said the rioters were the heroes
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

i am gonna do this for all my employees. My employees will be upset over missing two days work around the holidays with Christmas coming but I do it for the good of all mankind!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
nein51
This might be the most negged tweet I've ever seen. From everyone. Blacks, whites, Asians, literally all the responses are negative lol
GrowlTowel
quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

OUT:

IN:
The Judge is incompetent

His veteran status was part of his background/qualifications. Easily inserted in direct.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Redbrickbear

Wangchung

4th and Inches
nein51 said:

This might be the most negged tweet I've ever seen. From everyone. Blacks, whites, Asians, literally all the responses are negative lol
i think we are all dumber for having read the tweet.. imagine how dumb you have to be to post it
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
nein51
4th and Inches said:

nein51 said:

i think we are all dumber for having read the tweet.. imagine how dumb you have to be to post it

One of the responses was hilarious. Something like "you're birth stone is a healing crystal and it shows" lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.