Kyle Rittenhouse trial

54,786 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

The Chicago Police Department has canceled regularly-scheduled days off starting Friday and through the weekend in apparent anticipation of civil unrest in the event that Kyle Rittenhouse is acquitted.https://t.co/nMyRc6SLUF
[url=https://t.co/nMyRc6SLUF][/url]

Chicago Sun-Times (@Suntimes) November 9, 2021
When has there ever been a protest for white on white crime? Boston Tea Party?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
GrowlTowel
I still don't see how this case makes it to the jury. The judge needs to dismiss it with prejudice.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Wrecks Quan Dough
So, is the prosecution's point that Kyle could have selected a hollow point, which is capable of inflicting more trauma than a full metal jacket, but did not?
Canada2017
Most of you all are going to be disappointed.

No way any jury can afford to like this white boy walk.

Few of the jurists own a decent AR....and forever is a long time to be looking over your shoulder.
Jack Bauer
Canada2017 said:

Few of the jurists own a decent AR....and forever is a long time to be looking over your shoulder.
What?
Canada2017
Jack Bauer said:

Canada2017 said:

What?
Really think these members of the jury want to spend the rest of their lives armed and waiting for the next leftist nut case to try and off them ?
Jack Bauer
muddybrazos
Canada2017 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Canada2017 said:

What?
Really think these members of the jury want to spend the rest of their lives armed and waiting for the next leftist nut case to try and off them ?
If that is really the world we live in now then lets just go full Mad Max and abolish our legal system.
Redbrickbear
Canada2017 said:

No way any jury can afford to like this white boy walk

Yep, never forget this is a Wisconsin court.

And never forget what kind of people settled Wisconsin & Minnesota and what cultural nation they belong to.

Wrecks Quan Dough
What makes me angry about this whole affair is that if the government, on any level, had taken action to protect private property rights during any of the riots prior to Kenosha or at the first day of Kenosha, two people would still be alive, one would not be permanently physically altered, and the other would not have to live his entire adult life knowing that he had to do the unthinkable to protect his own life.
Jack Bauer
Remember that GoFundMe would not let Rittenhouse setup a donor page.
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Remember that GoFundMe would not let Rittenhouse setup a donor page.
Remember when the media went after a paramedic in some other state and tried to get him fired just because he tried to donate money to Rittenhouse's defense?
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Don't think so. Having listened to much of the trial in the background while working, it's clear the evidence of guilt is woefully inadequate. Even if the jury convicts of the murder charge, I suspect the judge sets aside the judgment.
Wrecks Quan Dough
State of Wisconsin: If we cannot convict Kyle, then let's smear him.
Jack Bauer
Defense is going to try to paint that Rosenbaum was unarmed so lethal force was not necessary.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Jack Bauer said:

Defense is going to try to paint that Rosenbaum was unarmed so lethal force was not necessary.
I finally see what you are doing there.
Porteroso
GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

Malbec said:

Porteroso said:

muddybrazos said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Any speak of his travel to the riots means nothing. He has as much right to be there guarding against the rioters as the rioters had to be there rioting. Period. He had every right to use deadly force against a violent man threatening to kill him and chasing him, grabbing for his gun in his final moments. He had every right to defend himself from the man who tried to hit him in the head with a skateboard. He had every right to shoot the armed rioter who was aiming his pistol at him. The kid should walk.

No but he didn't have any reason to be there. Whether he had the right to be flaunting an AR he didn't own, in another state, was an interesting legal discussion, but the guy is an idiot who was looking for trouble. Trouble may have found him before he started his own, but he's an idiot for being there at all.

Edit: also wasn't he 17? Can we just agree that we wouldn't enjoy the results of a police force full of 17 year olds? That maybe policing should not be done by rando 17 year olds?
Did the pedo or the other felon that he shot have a good reason to be there? Did Gaige have a good reason to pull a gun on him or to be there at all? All 3 of the people that he shot were from other states and most likely paid to go there and start trouble.

So he's an idiot 17 year old that borrowed an AR and went to police a riot filled with idiots. Does that make you feel better?

They were doing something dumb so he did too? How old are you? That one hasn't worked for me in a long time, probably ever.
That's a gross mischaracterization of why he was there. He didn't just hear about some planned demonstration and show up to bust some heads. He was asked to be there to help protect a business. I'm not surprised though. What time is your MSNBC show? I wouldn't want to miss it this week.

I bet they stream them on the internet now, if you need to catch up. Technology is crazy right?

Also I saw the video, and was not aware he was anywhere near a business. Where was this business he was protecting in the video? Seems he was out amongst the rioters, on the street. That's just what I remember from the video, I could be wrong, but seems "he was asked to protect a business" is a gross mischaracterization of what he did.

You don't seem to know much about this case. Why offer opinions on it?

I don't really know much, that's true. I'm not following this guy like he's George Washington's reincarnation.

Can you answer my question? How far away was he from the business he was protecting? I guess I could Google it too.

Edit: so at some point he left the dealership he was "protecting" and police barred him from returning there. 6 minutes later, he was in the middle of rioters, and killed a few.

I think I'm right. Crazy that you don't need to intimately follow the case of a 17 year old mingling with the rioters he's trying to police, with an AR, to know he's an absolute imbecile.
Wrecks Quan Dough
The Prosecution reminds us that Kyle Rittenhouse puts out fires to help the community of Kenosha. And he has to do that because emergency services were not available as they normally were.
Jack Bauer
If they only grilled Antifa members 1% this hard...
Redbrickbear
twitter and reddit liberals are now calling for a mistrial & judge to be dismissed because he has a "proud to be American" ringtone on his cell phone.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Kyle is well prepared, well spoken, and is besting the prosecutor.
Redbrickbear
Binger trying to say someone swinging a chain isn't a threat if they don't touch you. What a joke.
Jack Bauer
I still say no 17 year old needs to be at a riot/protest with an AR-15, especially without a parent.

Now you get to watch your 18 year old baby getting grilled by the DA.

I think Rittenhouse felt like the **** walking around with an AR-15 and that he was safe until nutjob Rosenbaum chased him.
Redbrickbear
The prosecution is basically saying yes the rioters were being unruly and breaking the law but Kyle should have known that trying to mitigate their harm and their law breaking would upset them

Typical liberals
Osodecentx
riflebear said:

Ouch

I assume the jury is out of the room?
Jack Bauer
Osodecentx said:

riflebear said:

Ouch

I assume the jury is out of the room?
Yes.
Canada2017
muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Canada2017 said:

What?
If that is really the world we live in now then lets just go full Mad Max and abolish our legal system.
Agreed.

Unfortunately that is exactly where we are headed to .
riflebear
Sam Lowry
PROSECUTOR: You wore the seat belt for protection, right?
WITNESS: Yes.
PROSECUTOR: So you were planning to have a wreck?
WITNESS: No.

(one hour later)

PROSECUTOR: I still don't understand. You wore the seat belt for protection, right?
WITNESS: Yes.
PROSECUTOR: So you were planning to have a wreck?
WITNESS: No.
Jack Bauer
Amazing...

Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Amazing...

Facebook and Twitter censored anyone from defending Kyle Rittenhouse and labeled him a mass murderer.

He was smeared as a rouge shooter/possible domestic terrorist by the national corporate news, NPR (tax payer supported news), New York Times/Wash Post, major leaders of the Dem party, and even various international news outlets like the BBC.

His legal team wasn't even allowed to crowdsource their defense fund.

Black rife coffee (a supposed "conservative" coffee company) said they wanted nothing to do with him and smeared him in print and on a radio interview.

The only neutral or sympathetic coverage he got was Fox news and some talk radio hosts.

Half this country lives in a completely different conceptual reality than the other half.
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer
"Joseph Rosenbaum never touched yet".

That's precisely the point.
BearFan33
Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Amazing...

Facebook and Twitter censored anyone from defending Kyle Rittenhouse and labeled him a mass murderer.

He was smeared as a rouge shooter/possible domestic terrorist by the national corporate news, NPR (tax payer supported news), New York Times/Wash Post, major leaders of the Dem party, and even various international news outlets like the BBC.

His legal team wasn't even allowed to crowdsource their defense fund.

The only neutral or sympathetic coverage he got was Fox news and some talk radio hosts.

Half this country lives in a completely different conceptual reality than the other half.
Paging Lin Wood......
Wrecks Quan Dough
Kyle just ended the prosecution. If he would have taken my gun, he would have killed me and others.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.