Kyle Rittenhouse trial

54,665 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Disagree on C. When politicians hold back police and allow riots to continue it is up to citizens to step in and stop the violence. Citizens are literally the last line of defense against anarchy.
Do you think the 3 guys who killed Ahmaud Arbery are heroes who were fighting anarchy?
Analogy fail. Do better.
You aren't disputing it?
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Disagree on C. When politicians hold back police and allow riots to continue it is up to citizens to step in and stop the violence. Citizens are literally the last line of defense against anarchy.
Do you think the 3 guys who killed Ahmaud Arbery are heroes who were fighting anarchy?
No.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Analogy fail. Do better.
You aren't disputing it?

Disputing what? That you made a poor analogy?
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Do you think the three rioters shot by Kyle were marching for racial justice?
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wow, Mr. Clean gets nearly every single word of this tweet wrong.

Not sure I would be happy that a rapist and pedo assembled to affirm that my life mattered..
Joseph Rosenbaum had JUST LEFT a mental hospital.

I doubt he just decided to be a Civil rights hero after that.
The people rioting there that night were only there to F stuff up and loot property.

They didn't give one hill of beans about anyone's civil rights.

That is just another part of her fantasy land.
sombear
I thought he'd be acquitted fast. But now I'd be very worried if I were him.
Polo Bear
The entire Kenosha County District Attorneys office should lose their license to practice.

The state should look into criminal prosecution against Binger and Lunchbox.

The justice system has no room for activists.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
sombear said:

Yes. I thought this was a slam dunk "Not Guilty" verdict after a full day deliberations. I was wrong. I think we have a mistrial.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
sombear said:

Agreed. The trial seemed to be a total ****show for the prosecution. I'm guessing:

1. The are 1-2 activist jurors who would not acquit regardless of the evidence
2. The jurors en total are terrified of launching riots and personal attacks and are trying to find a moral way to convict
3. Or that free Asian food is fantastic and they want to squeeze in one more lunch.

No way this is good for him.
Jack Bauer
Another one of the ADA's "heroes"

Canada2017
Harrison Bergeron said:

sombear said:

Agreed. The trial seemed to be a total ****show for the prosecution. I'm guessing:

2. The jurors en total are terrified of launching riots and personal attacks and are trying to find a moral way to convict
3. Or that free Asian food is fantastic and they want to squeeze in one more lunch.

# 2

Jack Bauer
Reminder that ALL of this you are seeing is just a MYTH.

Porteroso
ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Any speak of his travel to the riots means nothing. He has as much right to be there guarding against the rioters as the rioters had to be there rioting. Period. He had every right to use deadly force against a violent man threatening to kill him and chasing him, grabbing for his gun in his final moments. He had every right to defend himself from the man who tried to hit him in the head with a skateboard. He had every right to shoot the armed rioter who was aiming his pistol at him. The kid should walk.

No but he didn't have any reason to be there. Whether he had the right to be flaunting an AR he didn't own, in another state, was an interesting legal discussion, but the guy is an idiot who was looking for trouble. Trouble may have found him before he started his own, but he's an idiot for being there at all.

Edit: also wasn't he 17? Can we just agree that we wouldn't enjoy the results of a police force full of 17 year olds? That maybe policing should not be done by rando 17 year olds?
LOL

The kid who was on site rendering first aid and volunteering to protect private property,... "didn't have any reason to be there"...

but the violent rioters who were destroying property, setting fires and attacking people.. they definitely should have been there and been protected from people like Rittenhouse??

What planet do you live on??

Rittenhouse was invited to be on that property by the owner of that private property.. the violent rioters who were committing crimes were the ones who had no reason to be there.

Didn't the owner deny asking him? So no he wasn't invited, and he was out amongst rioters with an AR. Yeah he's an idiot. Some of you may think he was a monk medic on the beaches of Normandy, sworn to nonviolence unless attacked, rendering aid to allies and Nazis with equal measure, but that's a little different from what happened. He should never have been where he was, alone, open carrying an AR. Absolutely stupid.
He was standing outside a car dealership, attempting to protect the building and cars from being destroyed when the first guy started chasing him around the parking lot. The guy was screaming at Rittenhouse, and threatening his life. Rittenhouse was running away from the guy and finally had to shoot him once it was clear that he wasn't going to escape.
Then the crowd began to gather around and yell at Rittenhouse, who got scared and ran down the street, towards the cops who were standing at the end of the street.
While he was running down the street, several of the rioters chased after him. One of them caught up to him and hit him in the back of the head with the skateboard, knocking Rittenhouse to the ground. Then they jumped him while he was on the ground. One of the scumbags who was trying to stomp his head into the ground was shot by Rittenhouse... another dead scumbag, and another public service.
Rittenhouse is still on the ground when another guy runs up on him, this time with a gun in his hand. When he points the gun at his head, Rittenhouse shot this scumbag in the arm.
Finally, Rittenhouse is able to get up and continues to run to the cops... who tell him to get off the streets and spray him with pepper spray.

So no... he wasn't "amongst the rioters with an AR" as you described it. He was not even on the street until he was trying to run to the cops for help. He was standing on private property, in an effort to defend that property from destruction. If the rioters had just walked down the street... nothing would have ever happened. Nothing did happen until the convicted pedophile began chasing Rittenhouse around the parking lot and threatening to kill Rittenhouse.

The people who should have never been there are the pedophile, the wife beater and the criminal with the handgun.... sadly, one of those scumbags survived the justified shootings.

You're somehow failing to recognize that he was not chased off the property he was trying to protect, he left on his own, and was barred from returning. All of this happened because he was not with his buddies, he was out amongst the rioters.

I didn't follow the trial enough to know why he decided to leave the dealership, but he was an idiot for doing so, and you seem to be lying about him being chased out of the dealership he was protecting.
The dealership owner is on the record stating that he never asked Rittenhouse to leave... so no, he was not chased off the dealership.

He left the dealership property because he was carrying a fire extinguisher, and was following the arsonists, and putting out the fires that they were attempting to start. They got pissed at him for stopping their riots, and then one of them, Rosenbaum, threatened him and started chasing him.

Go look at the video and the court records.

He did NOT get amongst the crowd, but was off the street, on the sidewalk area, putting out fires... literally putting out fires. Even the prosecution admits that just before the incident with Rosenbaum, Rittenhouse was literally putting out fires.
The prosecution case is that by putting out fires, Rittenhouse was instigating a violent confrontation with the rioters... so yeah.. let that sink in for a minute.... the prosecution is actually arguing that Rittenhouse should have let them riot and burn it all to the ground... is that really the kind of thing you want a DA to argue?? The DA is supposed to protect the CITIZENS of his community from the criminals, not defend the criminals from the heroes.

You are very much on the wrong side here.. you are on the side of the pedophiles and arsonists... go re-evaluate your life.

So following arsonists isn't getting out amongst the crowd?

You said this, which seems incorrect.

Quote:

He was standing outside a car dealership, attempting to protect the building and cars from being destroyed when the first guy started chasing him around the parking lot.

As you've corrected, he was chased into a different dealership, because he left the one he was supposed to be protecting. He was absolutely not in the parking lot of the dealership he was trying to protect, and chased out as you claimed.

He could have been on his knees performing a miracle, and he's an idiot for doing that with an AR on a sling, in the middle of a riot.

So your initial post was factually incorrect. So was your second.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Any speak of his travel to the riots means nothing. He has as much right to be there guarding against the rioters as the rioters had to be there rioting. Period. He had every right to use deadly force against a violent man threatening to kill him and chasing him, grabbing for his gun in his final moments. He had every right to defend himself from the man who tried to hit him in the head with a skateboard. He had every right to shoot the armed rioter who was aiming his pistol at him. The kid should walk.

No but he didn't have any reason to be there. Whether he had the right to be flaunting an AR he didn't own, in another state, was an interesting legal discussion, but the guy is an idiot who was looking for trouble. Trouble may have found him before he started his own, but he's an idiot for being there at all.

Edit: also wasn't he 17? Can we just agree that we wouldn't enjoy the results of a police force full of 17 year olds? That maybe policing should not be done by rando 17 year olds?
LOL

The kid who was on site rendering first aid and volunteering to protect private property,... "didn't have any reason to be there"...

but the violent rioters who were destroying property, setting fires and attacking people.. they definitely should have been there and been protected from people like Rittenhouse??

What planet do you live on??

Rittenhouse was invited to be on that property by the owner of that private property.. the violent rioters who were committing crimes were the ones who had no reason to be there.

Didn't the owner deny asking him? So no he wasn't invited, and he was out amongst rioters with an AR. Yeah he's an idiot. Some of you may think he was a monk medic on the beaches of Normandy, sworn to nonviolence unless attacked, rendering aid to allies and Nazis with equal measure, but that's a little different from what happened. He should never have been where he was, alone, open carrying an AR. Absolutely stupid.
He was standing outside a car dealership, attempting to protect the building and cars from being destroyed when the first guy started chasing him around the parking lot. The guy was screaming at Rittenhouse, and threatening his life. Rittenhouse was running away from the guy and finally had to shoot him once it was clear that he wasn't going to escape.
Then the crowd began to gather around and yell at Rittenhouse, who got scared and ran down the street, towards the cops who were standing at the end of the street.
While he was running down the street, several of the rioters chased after him. One of them caught up to him and hit him in the back of the head with the skateboard, knocking Rittenhouse to the ground. Then they jumped him while he was on the ground. One of the scumbags who was trying to stomp his head into the ground was shot by Rittenhouse... another dead scumbag, and another public service.
Rittenhouse is still on the ground when another guy runs up on him, this time with a gun in his hand. When he points the gun at his head, Rittenhouse shot this scumbag in the arm.
Finally, Rittenhouse is able to get up and continues to run to the cops... who tell him to get off the streets and spray him with pepper spray.

So no... he wasn't "amongst the rioters with an AR" as you described it. He was not even on the street until he was trying to run to the cops for help. He was standing on private property, in an effort to defend that property from destruction. If the rioters had just walked down the street... nothing would have ever happened. Nothing did happen until the convicted pedophile began chasing Rittenhouse around the parking lot and threatening to kill Rittenhouse.

The people who should have never been there are the pedophile, the wife beater and the criminal with the handgun.... sadly, one of those scumbags survived the justified shootings.

You're somehow failing to recognize that he was not chased off the property he was trying to protect, he left on his own, and was barred from returning. All of this happened because he was not with his buddies, he was out amongst the rioters.

I didn't follow the trial enough to know why he decided to leave the dealership, but he was an idiot for doing so, and you seem to be lying about him being chased out of the dealership he was protecting.
I think the guy chasing Rittenhouse, threatening to kill him and trying to grab is weapon is the bigger idiot.

That's true. I think they were all idiots. Especially the police that were refusing to do their jobs. Anyone starting fires should have been arrested, not left alone to start more. But Rittenhouse was simply an idiot.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
The 3 men who killed Arbery claim to be protecting the community, the same claim you make for Rittenhouse.
The man killed by the Georgia defendants wasn't marching for racial justice.
You claim "hero status" for Rittenhouse, yet are silent about the Georgia "heroes"
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
The 3 men who killed Arbery claim to be protecting the community, the same claim you make for Rittenhouse.
You claim "hero status" for Rittenhouse, yet are silent about the Georgia "heroes"
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.
Do you think the Georgia defendants are heroes, the claim you make for Rittenhouse? If not, please distinguish the 2 cases
Wrecks Quan Dough
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you

He doesn't think anything. He is a random word generator as demonstrated by his pitiful attempt to formulate an analogy.
Osodecentx
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you

He doesn't think anything. He is a random word generator as demonstrated by his pitiful attempt to formulate an analogy.
An analogy nobody is disputing
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.
Do you think the Georgia defendants are heroes, the claim you make for Rittenhouse? If not, please distinguish the 2 cases
No. They ceased being any type of hero when they tried to unlawfully detain someone without any proof of a crime being committed. They are murderers.
Jack Bauer
The police pushed most of the crowd south to the gas station. Rittenhouse TRIED to return to the Car Source but the police instructed him not to.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you

An analogy nobody is disputing
I am disputing your analogy. It is a pitiful analogy. Arbrey was running from a group of violent men. Rittenhouse was running from a group of violent men. Arbrey was forced to defend himself from three aggressors. Rittenhouse was forced to defend himself from three aggressors.

Rittenhouse is alive today because he had a weapon to defend himself. Arbrey is not alive because he had no weapon to defend himself against his assailants.

Rittenhouse is Arbrey with a gun in your analogy. Go back to school.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.
No. They ceased being any type of hero when they tried to unlawfully detain someone without any proof of a crime being committed. They are murderers.
But in the opinion of the 3 Georgia defendants, they were defending the community from a criminal and therefore justified. There had been several robberies in the neighborhood. At the time of the killing, a citizens arrest was legal in Georgia.
You've said that Rittenhouse was defending the community, the same claim made by the Georgia defendants.
90sBear
Harrison Bergeron said:

sombear said:

I will give a variation on #2 and say a few might be concerned about the riots and attacks to themselves, have read the room and know some will absolutely vote "innocent" no matter what so they are voting guilty to intentionally hang the jury and punt it back to the DA so they don't have to bear the burden.
STxBear81
What a shame if the jurors are afraid to acquit because of fear for their safety or intimidation. That's just wrong. The people that tore the town apart should be on trial.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.
But in the opinion of the 3 Georgia defendants, they were defending the community from a criminal and therefore justified. There had been several robberies in the neighborhood. At the time of the killing, a citizens arrest was legal in Georgia.
You've said that Rittenhouse was defending the community, the same claim made by the Georgia defendants.

Move on to the next windmill, Mr. Quixote.
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.
A legal arrest is only legal if they witness the crime. They witnessed no such thing. Regardless, their intent is irrelevant, because what they DID was chase a man down, make him go into fight or flight and attack a man with a gun in self defense and be murdered in the street for it.

Kyle was putting out fires and shot only after being attacked or had a gun pointed at him, every single time he pulled the trigger.
Osodecentx
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.

Disputing it with logic is apparently beyond you. I'll move on

I do think Rittenhouse is not guilty of the charges, but he is not hero

I agree that the Georgia defendants are guilty
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

He couldn't even stop them from lighting a dumpster on fire and you're convinced somehow the riots were going to be stopped by him and the others out there? What did you think was going to happen? Are you advocating open gun battles?
He wasn't there to stop the riots, step in for police, or engage in battle. You don't have to do any of those things to protect the community. Putting out fires is protecting. Standing between rioters and property is protecting. That doesn't change because he retreated when attacked. It just means he was doing the right thing. Having the weapon still makes it harder on the insurrect -- sorry, on the protesters, because it lets him work safely and lets them know there's a risk in violently interfering.
Wangchung
We should build statues for anyone who kills a pedophile, even if they fired up in the air and it came down randomly into some pedo's skull. Big statues if that person is a minor when they kill them.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.

Disputing it with logic is apparently beyond you.

Bless your heart. I already dismantled your ridiculous analogy.
Osodecentx
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.

You think Rittenhouse is a hero?
Oldbear83
Oso Pardo said:

What is AFWL? Not familiar with that one.
Another Freaking Whiny Liberal
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No.
I don't blame you
Of course not.

You think Rittenhouse is a hero?

Darn straight. The riots stopped pretty quick after he did the government's job for it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.