Kyle Rittenhouse trial

54,801 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The kid needs to serve a little time in prison for what he has done. He went looking for trouble in a town twenty miles away from home with a firearm he was not legally allowed to own at 17. He shot three people. Two died.

Should he not be punished whatsoever, he will be George Zimmerman 2.0 and we will hear about him again soon (not in a good way). Just my opinion.

That being said, I am a staunch 2nd amendment advocate.
I agree to an extent. It was not his responsibility to be there or to protect business. It was vigilantism.
It was not. A vigilante pursues the trouble. KR stood in the way of the trouble. It's an entirely different motivation.
vigilante

vj-lnt
noun
[ol]
  • A person who is not a member of law enforcement but who pursues and punishes persons suspected of lawbreaking.
  • A member of a vigilance committee.
  • A person who considers it their own responsibility to uphold the law in their neighbourhood.
  • [/ol]
    Looks like we are both correct

My goodness, thanks for posting a definition that aligns EXACTLY with what I just posted. I see you are conceding the point. Well done. Points for intellectual honesty.
    I said we were both correct. Look at #3

He didn't attempt to engage in #3. He merely tried to stand in the way of destroying. He didn't attempt to arrest anyone or enforce any laws.

Thanks for your concession.
    Reread #3…doesn't say anything about attempting to engage

To uphold the law (aka enforce) requires action or engagement. You are just flat out wrong. You called him a vigilante and you're trying to crawfish away from the actual definition.
    No I am not. Look at definition #3. Again, I don't think he'll get convicted of anything serious, not should he.
    He cannot be convicted of the gun charge.
    He could have been...even the Judge said it was possible but that charged has been dropped due to the Judge saying that even if he couldn't not make sense of it, a lay person could not either. As that was the only charge that I thought he had the possibility of being convicted of, I think he's not guilty of all the others.

I hope he sues every news outlet and politician that said he murdered or was a white supremacist.

That is not the argument. It is statutory impossible for Kyle to be convicted of possession of a dangerous weapon under these facts.
    Okay, whatever. That's not what the Judge says but I am sure that you know more. Congrats!
    Actually, I can read the statute and follow Jonathan Turley's reasoning.
    I read the statue as well. and I listened to the Judge.
    What did the judge say about the exceptions to the statute? That part was missing from your post.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-questions-rittenhouse-gun-charge-jonathan-turley
    Wangchung
    fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The kid needs to serve a little time in prison for what he has done. He went looking for trouble in a town twenty miles away from home with a firearm he was not legally allowed to own at 17. He shot three people. Two died.

Should he not be punished whatsoever, he will be George Zimmerman 2.0 and we will hear about him again soon (not in a good way). Just my opinion.

I agree to an extent. It was not his responsibility to be there or to protect business. It was vigilantism.
    It was not. A vigilante pursues the trouble. KR stood in the way of the trouble. It's an entirely different motivation.
    vigilante

vj-lnt
    noun
    [ol]
  • A person who is not a member of law enforcement but who pursues and punishes persons suspected of lawbreaking.
  • A person who considers it their own responsibility to uphold the law in their neighbourhood.
  • [/ol]

My goodness, thanks for posting a definition that aligns EXACTLY with what I just posted. I see you are conceding the point. Well done. Points for intellectual honesty.

He didn't attempt to engage in #3. He merely tried to stand in the way of destroying. He didn't attempt to arrest anyone or enforce any laws.

To uphold the law (aka enforce) requires action or engagement. You are just flat out wrong. You called him a vigilante and you're trying to crawfish away from the actual definition.
    No I am not. Look at definition #3. Again, I don't think he'll get convicted of anything serious, not should he.
    He could have been...even the Judge said it was possible but that charged has been dropped due to the Judge saying that even if he couldn't not make sense of it, a lay person could not either. As that was the only charge that I thought he had the possibility of being convicted of, I think he's not guilty of all the others.

I hope he sues every news outlet and politician that said he murdered or was a white supremacist.

That is not the argument. It is statutory impossible for Kyle to be convicted of possession of a dangerous weapon under these facts.
    Okay, whatever. That's not what the Judge says but I am sure that you know more. Congrats!
    I thought those had all been torn down in order to end systemic racism.
    Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
    Harrison Bergeron
    OsoCoreyell said:

He's going to walk. He should walk, based on what I've seen so far at trial. This prosecutor got bullied into bringing this case.
    Because it's 2021, it would not surprise me if he's convicted on everything LOL.

This has been a pattern where prosecutors either charge or over-charge based on the twatterverse and then people are shocked when the person is acquitted.
    fadskier
    Wangchung said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

vigilante

vj-lnt
    noun
    [ol]
  • [/ol]

That's what happens when I type too quickly.
    Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
    Cobretti
    FormerFlash said:

Cobretti said:

Whey they make this story into a movie, Jeffrey Tambor should play the judge.

"HEY NOW!"
    Wangchung
    fadskier said:

Wangchung said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

Canon said:

fadskier said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

vigilante

vj-lnt
    noun
    [ol]
  • [/ol]

That's what happens when I type too quickly.
    Naturally. Just joking with ya.
    Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
    ATL Bear
    Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

More like Rittenhouse is equal to the average citizens that signed up to fight under George Washington. Volunteers that risked, and in many cases lost, everything in their effort to fight oppression.
    This is sarcasm, right? Please tell me you aren't this delusional.
    Certainly not as delusional as those who think Kyle is guilty of a crime worse than the rioters and the politicians that allowed them to burn cities for an entire year every time some jerkoff criminal got themselves shot by police.
    Said nobody on this board

Said literally every person who claimed Kyle had no right to be there. When the government fails it's citizens, the citizens either step up and confront the problem or they hide like cowards and call brave people stupid. This country was founded by people like Kyle and in many cases the same
    age as Kyle. It wasn't founded by people who hide in their homes.
    If this were the Boston Tea Party, young Kyle just rode his horse down from Concord with Dad's musket and shot someone on the dock throwing tea into the bay. Hooray for the loyalist to the Crown.
    Canon
    ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

More like Rittenhouse is equal to the average citizens that signed up to fight under George Washington. Volunteers that risked, and in many cases lost, everything in their effort to fight oppression.
    Certainly not as delusional as those who think Kyle is guilty of a crime worse than the rioters and the politicians that allowed them to burn cities for an entire year every time some jerkoff criminal got themselves shot by police.

Said literally every person who claimed Kyle had no right to be there. When the government fails it's citizens, the citizens either step up and confront the problem or they hide like cowards and call brave people stupid. This country was founded by people like Kyle and in many cases the same
    If this were the Boston Tea Party, young Kyle just rode his horse down from Concord with Dad's musket and shot someone on the dock throwing tea into the bay. Hooray for the loyalist to the Crown.

Nope. They weren't burning East Indian tea. They were burning down their neighbors' shops. Your analogy is absurd. He was there to protect innocent people not the Crown's tea.

Never mind the Boston tea party was specifically against a taxed item at issue and ALL care was taken to not destroy anything but that one item….down to locks being replaced, if I recall.
    fadskier
    ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Except one pointed a weapon at him, another one tried to grab his musket from him, and a third tried to wack him unconscious with part of one of the tea barrels.

Why does Kyle not possess the right to self defense?
    Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
    Oldbear83
    You work very hard at being a *****, quash.

You can stop now, you have convinced everyone here you are indeed a soulless barrister.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
    Wangchung
    ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

That is not an apt comparison, but the reasons why have been posted already so I won't rehash it.
    Wangchung
    Oldbear83 said:

You work very hard at being a *****, quash.

You can stop now, you have convinced everyone here you are indeed a soulless barrister.

Quash isn't that bad. At least he(I assume he) will take the time to type out his opinion and discuss it with folks. Sometimes he likes to ignore the greater point in order to quibble about semantics when he is unable to "prove his case" in here but that's not necessarily soulless, probably more just habit.
    Wangchung
    Redbrickbear
    90sBear said:

quash said:

90sBear said:

quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

OUT:
    Kyle is a white supremacist.

IN:
    The Judge is incompetent

The judge has made some missteps but he's well under the Ito Line.

Media has gone well beyond calling him incompetent and has been doing so for a while.

Like I keep saying, I don't watch the news, so I'll just take your word on that.

He's racist because of his phone ringtone, a joke he made about boats being stuck in Long Beach Harbor, and he's made it more difficult for the prosecution than they would like.

He also honored veterans, another no-no.
    All these are evidence of a politically unreliable person to the Left.

A good Leftist judge would never have engaged in these thought crimes.

ATL Bear
    fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Except one pointed a weapon at him, another one tried to grab his musket from him, and a third tried to wack him unconscious with part of one of the tea barrels.

Ah yes! The actual issue at hand. He absolutely does. But some of you want to draw parallels to the founders and early America which are absolutely absurd.
    Wangchung
    ATL Bear said:

fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Ah yes! The actual issue at hand. He absolutely does. But some of you want to draw parallels to the founders and early America which are absolutely absurd.
    Why? Both Kyle and the people who fought the American revolution fought oppressive, violent forces. Kyle went to offer aid and put out fires on DAY THREE of the riots that were allowed to rage on by the government. Kyle, like the people who fought in the American revolution, risked life and limb to save their fellow citizens. Once you're able to stop seeing things through the leftist lens you rely on it's easy to see the parallels. You just don't WANT to see them, but that really only means anything to you.
    ATL Bear
    Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Nope. They weren't burning East Indian tea. They were burning down their neighbors' shops. Your analogy is absurd. He was there to protect innocent people not the Crown's tea.

Never mind the Boston tea party was specifically against a taxed item at issue and ALL care was taken to not destroy anything but that one item….down to locks being replaced, if I recall.
    The people were rioting over police overreach of killing citizens. You can disagree with their reasoning, but let's not pretend Rittenhouse was some hero soldier working for the innocents. Hell, the SBA and state governments are giving financial loans and grants to those impacted by the violence, not to mention insurance. But yes, we were a much more civil society then.

Let's keep our eye on the ball and not live in absurd platitudes. This is about the right to self defense and whether it was such. Nothing more, and Rittenhouse isn't some grass roots hero.
    ATL Bear
    Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Why? Both Kyle and the people who fought the American revolution fought oppressive, violent forces. Kyle went to offer aid and put out fires on DAY THREE of the riots that were allowed to rage on by the government. Kyle, like the people who fought in the American revolution, risked life and limb to save their fellow citizens. Once you're able to stop seeing things through the leftist lens you rely on it's easy to see the parallels. You just don't WANT to see them, but that really only means anything to you.
    Who are the oppressors? The people rioting because they don't want the government to kill citizens without clear explanation? You can disagree with them, but you're ultimately on the side of the government, the only real entity capable of oppression and the only parallel to the British Crown. The "oppressors" are paying and going to pay those who were impacted by the riots through grants and loans. In colonial times, they might have come home to their home burned and their family hanging from a tree. Not the same and not close. This was a street fight, and the boundaries of self defense is at question.
    OsoCoreyell
    This kid is going to walk, then he's going to spend 10 years collecting on libel and slander settlements from major news personalities. There will be some plaintiffs firm dining out on the contingency fees for years to come. Can't wait to hear the opening motions on how this kid is a "public figure."
    Sam Lowry
    ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

The people were rioting over police overreach of killing citizens. You can disagree with their reasoning, but let's not pretend Rittenhouse was some hero soldier working for the innocents. Hell, the SBA and state governments are giving financial loans and grants to those impacted by the violence, not to mention insurance. But yes, we were a much more civil society then.

Let's keep our eye on the ball and not live in absurd platitudes. This is about the right to self defense and whether it was such. Nothing more, and Rittenhouse isn't some grass roots hero.
    Some were rioting over police overreach, but the BLM/Antifa agenda is about more than that. Destruction of property is part of a calculated strategy to undermine government and the capitalist system. Rittenhouse and his friends stood in the way of that.
    Redbrickbear

Live feed
    Sam Lowry
    ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Who are the oppressors? The people rioting because they don't want the government to kill citizens without clear explanation? You can disagree with them, but you're ultimately on the side of the government, the only real entity capable of oppression and the only parallel to the British Crown. The "oppressors" are paying and going to pay those who were impacted by the riots through grants and loans. In colonial times, they might have come home to their home burned and their family hanging from a tree. Not the same and not close. This was a street fight, and the boundaries of self defense is at question.
    Terrorists and other non-government actors are quite capable of oppression.
    Wrecks Quan Dough
    Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Some were rioting over police overreach, but the BLM/Antifa agenda is about more than that. Destruction of property is part of a calculated strategy to undermine government and the capitalist system. Rittenhouse and his friends stood in the way of that.
    I am surprise at you, Sam. You impress me that you see it this way.
    Wrecks Quan Dough
    The prosecution just reminded the jury that a lot of violent people were out rioting. Does this guy remember what Kyle's defense is?
    Sam Lowry
    Amal Shuq-Up said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

I am surprise at you, Sam. You impress me that you see it this way.
    I despise Marxist thugs. We know what they've done in other societies...property damage was only the beginning.
    Wangchung
    ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

They weren't protesting, they were rioting. All excuses of "police brutality" and references to the false narrative of racist police hunting down and killing black people are null and void when people riot. Jakob Blake was a rapist who fought with police and got shot going for his knife. Anyone who thinks Blake is a victim is an absolute moron. Anyone who becomes violent in the name of that criminal is also a criminal. So when criminals riot and partisan politicians allow it to go on for days in order to make Trump look bad, it's government oppression. It's not a street fight if one side is not willing to fight. That makes it self defense.
    ATL Bear
    Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

I agree with your assessment of the BLM agenda, but Rittenhouse didn't stand in the way of anything. He was a provocateur not unlike his antagonists.
    ATL Bear
    Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

I'm going to laugh when you flip your arguments on the same people liking your reply when the Jan. 6 issue comes up again. Well done Sam, and I give you points for consistency.
    Wrecks Quan Dough
    ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

I agree with your assessment of the BLM agenda, but Rittenhouse didn't stand in the way of anything. He was a provocateur not unlike his antagonists.
    Except he did not injure anyone who was not trying to kill him or inflict serious bodily harm on him.
    Sam Lowry
    ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

I agree with your assessment of the BLM agenda, but Rittenhouse didn't stand in the way of anything.
    I think they did just by their presence, and that's part of the reason the police appreciated them being there. Part of the reason for the 2nd Amendment too. Armed good guys are a deterrent to civil unrest.
    Sam Lowry
    ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

fadskier said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

I'm going to laugh when you flip your arguments on the same people liking your reply when the Jan. 6 issue comes up again. Well done Sam, and I give you points for consistency.
    Hah, thanks.
    Wrecks Quan Dough
    Jury taking a siesta now.
    ATL Bear
    Amal Shuq-Up said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Except he did not injure anyone who was not trying to kill him or inflict serious bodily harm on him.
    And that's what the trial is about, and what this whole situation should be about. Even trouble makers have a right to self defense if determined to be such.
    Wrecks Quan Dough
    ATL Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canon said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

And that's what the trial is about, and what this whole situation should be about. Even trouble makers have a right to self defense if determined to be such.
    I will remember to not clean graffiti, render first aid, or run away from some angry weirdo trying to chase me down lest I provoke someone.
    Jack Bauer

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.