Kyle Rittenhouse trial

53,164 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This woman just equated pedophile and sociopath Joseph "Shoot me n****" Rosenbaum with the 1960 Civil Rights activists Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner.

Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

This woman just equated pedophile and sociopath Joseph "Shoot me n****" Rosenbaum with the 1960 Civil Rights activists Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner.

You know what, the people on here that call whatever this is a "mental illness' are right.

This narrative is so far detached from reality, as far as the east is from the west.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

nein51 said:

Mothra said:

nein51 said:

Right verdict just like OJ. You don't have to like the verdict for it to be correct.
Not even remotely comparable. There was DNA evidence of Goldman and his ex-wife in OJ's car for goodness sake.

Guy should have been convicted.

Yet the prosecution did not make that case in a way that Convinced 12 jurors. Literally the point I was making. You can think he is guilty but the prosecutor couldn't convince a jury of that. That is the system at work, imo.
You could say that same thing anytime a jury gets it wrong. Doesn't mean it was the "right" verdict.

Both verdicts were right in the sense that the evidence produced by the state was insufficient to convict. That's all nein51 is saying.
Sometimes you get a jury that's not going to convict regardless of the evidence. The DNA evidence in that case is what should have nailed OJ. But that jury was never going to convict him.

DNA evidence wasn't as accurate back then, it couldn't exclude the likely killer, OJ's son

But you are wrong to claim to know what that jury wouldn't do, especially in light of the crap case as presented by the prosecution. Among the criminal defense bar the the OJ verdict was entirely expected.

We talking about the same jury that flashed a black power sign when the verdict was read? Don't disagree that the prosecution made a lot of mistakes (as did the team investigating), but the evidence was still overwhelming. The racial make-up of this jury is why OJ is free.

Read a book about the theory that OJ's son was the killer. It was pretty flimsy from what I recall. But of course, we now have OJ essentially admitting he committed the crime anyway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/o-j-simpson-hypothetically-confesses-lost-2006-interview-n855691

The evidence was far from overwhelming.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
CSIBear
Time to switch to the Ghislaine Maxwell trial - maybe we can all agree on the outcome of that one?
riflebear
Just watched the hour interview with Tucker. Very impressed with Kyle. Just an innocent kid wanting to help. Probably naive but recommend watching if u can. Definitely never should have gone to trial.

He was a janitor working his way through high school and got accepted to AZ St.
quash
CSIBear said:

Time to switch to the Ghislaine Maxwell trial - maybe we can all agree on the outcome of that one?

How about AFTER the completion of the trial.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
"He was a janitor working his way through high school and got accepted to AZ St."

So the poor kid took a step down in life. At least it wasn't TCU.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
CSIBear
quash said:

CSIBear said:

How about AFTER the completion of the trial.

I mean there is a first time for everything. I'm open to giving it a shot.
Oldbear83
I heard today a good explanation about why LeBron is so mad at Kyle:

Kyle is a better shot than LeBron, and also better at defense.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Doc Holliday
The left keeps bringing up the fact that Kyle crossed state lines as if it's illegal behavior. He drove 20 minutes away.

They simultaneously tell you that people crossing our borders illegally deserve hundreds of thousands in reparations.

I'm getting sick and tired of "rules for thee, but not for me".
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

The left keeps bringing up the fact that Kyle crossed state lines as if it's illegal behavior. He drove 20 minutes away.

They simultaneously tell you that people crossing our borders illegally deserve hundreds of thousands in reparations.

Is it illegal to cross state lines? Is this some new law that I didn't know about?
I was planning to fly to Colorado, is this still allowed?

Antioch is like 2 miles from the WI border. I'm sure a lot of people cross the IL-WI border for work and personal business.
GrowlTowel
Jack Bauer said:

Doc Holliday said:

Is it illegal to cross state lines? Is this some new law that I didn't know about?
I was planning to fly to Colorado, is this still allowed?

Antioch is like 2 miles from the WI border. I'm sure a lot of people cross the IL-WI border for work and personal business.
The "cross state lines" bit is being parroted in the hopes of federal jurisdiction. Generally speaking, crossing a state line allows the Feds to take a peak. Kidnapping, for example, is a state charge but if the kidnapper takes the victim into another state, then there is also a federal charge.

That being said, nothing in this case violated a federal statute, in my opinion.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jack Bauer
a) that's not how this works
b) *** happened to late night comedy?

Johnny Bear
riflebear said:

Just watched the hour interview with Tucker. Very impressed with Kyle. Just an innocent kid wanting to help. Probably naive but recommend watching if u can. Definitely never should have gone to trial.

I watched that interview as well. I know there are those out there that automatically dismiss anything on Fox News as simply the polar opposite of MSNBC, but I would challenge anyone to watch that full interview with at least a half mast open mind and then say they still think Rittenhouse is just a crazed trigger happy white supremacist vigilante who was simply looking for trouble that night, especially if it meant shooting some black people. The kid is clearly intelligent, well grounded, well spoken, mature for his years, honest, has a big heart, and is in no way some kind of a mind numbed racist monster. It's plain to see if you watch the interview and you have at least half of a brain.
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

It amazes me that people can stomach smug self-righteous Stephen colbert.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

It amazes me that people can stomach smug self-righteous Stephen colbert.
He better hope that being unfunny is not retroactively made a capital offense.
redfish961
Johnny Bear said:

riflebear said:

I watched that interview as well. I know there are those out there that automatically dismiss anything on Fox News as simply the polar opposite of MSNBC, but I would challenge anyone to watch that full interview with at least a half mast open mind and then say they still think Rittenhouse is just a crazed trigger happy white supremacist vigilante who was simply looking for trouble that night, especially if it meant shooting some black people. The kid is clearly intelligent, well grounded, well spoken, mature for his years, honest, has a big heart, and is in no way some kind of a mind numbed racist monster. It's plain to see if you watch the interview and you have at least half of a brain.
I would also encourage folks to watch the trial.

I did.

To begin with, given the information we were getting, I thought he would be convicted because he simply didn't need to be there armed to begin with.

After watching the trial and having evidence presented, I would definitely have acquitted on all charges with no doubt.

Don't take media's word for it...Actually watch the trial.

Makes a big difference.
Jack Bauer
I guess it's time to move on so as not to provoke a lawsuit?

Canada2017
It is absolutely incredible to me to see people claim the teenager killed two black guys....when its obvious the dead were two white guys .

These liars just have to know they're lying ....as pictures of the dead clearly show they werewhite

But the lies continue.
Harrison Bergeron
Canada2017 said:

It is absolutely incredible to me to see people claim the teenager killed two black guys....when its obvious the dead were two white guys .

These liars just have to know they're lying ....as pictures of the dead clearly show they werewhite

But the lies continue.

The problem is the disinformation crowd will never click - "they're lying to us."
Jack Bauer
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

maybe they should hire the Babylon Bee writers, they are funnier than this guy
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
This commentary is accurate, tempered, and rational...so obviously it would never be on MSNBC.

Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

This commentary is accurate, tempered, and rational...so obviously it would never be on MSNBC.

Thanks for posting. Abrams is correct in every respect
Jack Bauer
Thank God for the Constitution. Imagine being tried by Twitter from dip****s like Howard Dean who basis verdict 100% on race.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Jack Bauer said:

Thank God for the Constitution. Imagine being tried by Twitter from dip****s like Howard Dean who basis verdict 100% on race.

What do you expect? White suburban leftists are the problem.
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

i feel dumber for having read that..

The cases are not similar although people are trying to make it seem like they are.. if you are upset at outcome of Rittenhouse trial, you need better news sources.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

Dude is an old school moron. Both verdicts were correct.

People like this never go with facts, just narratives.
Whiskey Pete
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

i feel dumber for having read that..
You and me both. Still trying to figure it out what his point is. Hell, he doesn't know what his point is. If it was about white supremacy or racism or what the **** ever, the Georgia boys would've been found not guilty.

Like I said earlier, the leftists, the media, the race baiters are probably disappointed in the guilty verdict. Harder for them to raise money, call for riots and demand more statues to be torn down.
FormerFlash
Canada2017
Had lunch with my longtime legal leg breaker yesterday .

A former assistant DA.....he is now the most connected defense attorney in Larimar, County Colorado .
Tough, very cynical, border line workaholic ....... and the angry enemy of any kind judicial misconduct .

Asked his take on the Rittenhouse trial.

Said it was a complete joke....should have never gone to trial . Was as clear cut a case of self defense as it could possibly be. Theorized that the assistant DA knew his case was super weak and didn't want to go to court ....but was forced to by his boss.

Said he would have resigned rather than prosecute such a political farce.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Canada2017 said:

A former assistant DA.....he is now the most connected defense attorney in Larimar, County Colorado .
Tough, very cynical, border line workaholic ....... and the angry enemy of any kind judicial misconduct .

Said it was a complete joke....should have never gone to trial . Was as clear cut a case of self defense as it could possibly be. Theorized that the assistant DA knew his case was super weak and didn't want to go to court ....but was forced to by his boss.

When it was plainly obvious to laypeople that it was a political farce and should never have gone to trial, you know it's reeeal bad.

They put it to trial to appease the leftist mob and for the leftist corporate media to use to promote a narrative. It didn't matter whatsoever to them if the narrative didn't match the reality of the facts. They knew their target audience wouldn't bother to check, or even care.
jupiter

Wrecks Quan Dough
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Canada2017 said:

When it was plainly obvious to laypeople that it was a political farce and should never have gone to trial, you know it's reeeal bad.

They put it to trial to appease the leftist mob and for the leftist corporate media to use to promote a narrative. It didn't matter whatsoever to them if the narrative didn't match the reality of the facts. They knew their target audience wouldn't bother to check, or even care.

The good news is that someone is going to get that $10 million Gaige Grosskrautz was asking from the government. The better news is that it will not be Gaige Grosskrautz.
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.