Recruiting

240,534 Views | 996 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
KIA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Gusters leaving and Wagner decommitting, when we will learn of Collen's coaching staff and what they will be able to do recruiting-wise?

Is Cox still in the picture?
Dcheetah
Collens can contact 2022s starting tomorrow, 2023s in Sept. She can be contacted anytime before Sept by 2023s who call her. Expect Sammie and Maddie to do that soon. Sa'Myah Smith and Talaysia Cooper and Chloe Clardy are already following Coach Collens. Hopefully we will start hearing some encouraging recruiting info soon.
Dcheetah
We might be losing Christiana Carr - possibly to UCLA. Wbb report says UCLA about to get a big transfer and CC Tweeted she is about to announce and our Crisalyn Carr tweeting Uh Oh
bawitdaball
Dcheetah said:

We might be losing Christiana Carr - possibly to UCLA. Wbb report says UCLA about to get a big transfer and CC Tweeted she is about to announce and our Crisalyn Carr tweeting Uh Oh

This wouldn't surprise me. We are extremely guard he's y at the moment. Was surprised she was even initially going to commit to Baylor.
Dcheetah
Ysabella Fontleroy
Raeven Boswell
Talaysia Cooper
Kayla Cooper
Sa'Myah Smith

Possible 2022s to watch
buildabear1
Angela dugalic from Oregon, She just committed to UCLA.
Dcheetah
Interesting on Angela. Christiana still following and being followed by several current and recent BU players. Guess it could still be us.
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Ysabella Fontleroy + 4 more ... Possible 2022s to watch
Dcheetah, Appreciate your list. Thanks for posting.
HustleBear
Dcheetah said:

Interesting on Angela. Christiana still following and being followed by several current and recent BU players. Guess it could still be us.
Did I miss something? Is Carr in the Portal?
DanaDane
Christiana Carr from KState, not Chrislyn Carr who already transferred here. Christiana was thought to be headed here to play for Kim, but then things changed.
HustleBear
DanaDane said:

Christiana Carr from KState, not Chrislyn Carr who already transferred here. Christiana was thought to be headed here to play for Kim, but then things changed.
Oh I see...duh. I don't really see the fit at Baylor. UCLA does make a little more sense.

But if she wants in. I'm in!
Red Bear
Relationships are important... it takes years to create them and only minutes, hours or days to lose them
Wbbfan29
She just committed to Syracuse
blueeyedbear
Wbbfan29 said:

SYRACUSE ???? The program with a mass desertion !!! Seems like playing minutes are more important then playing for a championship !! Maybe be a blessing in disguise - several K Stater's say she is toxic.
Dcheetah
T'ea had that same rep and was wonderful here. Did our new coach want her? Neither ever followed the other. She seemed perfect for that taller guard-wing that shoots well from the arc. Going to be interesting to see how Nicki reinvents this team. Going to be quite different from what we thought a month ago.
EvilTroyAndAbed
blueeyedbear said:

Wbbfan29 said:

SYRACUSE ???? The program with a mass desertion !!! Seems like playing minutes are more important then playing for a championship !! Maybe be a blessing in disguise - several K Stater's say she is toxic.

Players want to play. Maybe you'd have fun sitting on the bench all year, but players want to play.
ABC BEAR
You guys worry too much. I'm sure CNC has a list of solid 3* players who can rewrite the record books around here.
HustleBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

blueeyedbear said:

Wbbfan29 said:

Players want to play. Maybe you'd have fun sitting on the bench all year, but players want to play.
Only if that was completely the case. Playing time might be the main reason, but these players are jumping ship for all sorts of....whatever. Taylor Mikesell is on her third team in 3 years and got plenty of run at her last two previous stops.

Let's see if all those players who transferred to Duke are happy by mid-season? I doubt it. Even if they're winning.

I don't even blame the players. I blame the NCAA for creating this mess.
BUatbirth
Don't know if Janiah Barker is still a target. She recently listed her top 5,,,,

Duke, Georgia, Louisville, Ole Miss and S. Carolina
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Ysabella Fontleroy
Raeven Boswell
Talaysia Cooper
Kayla Cooper
Sa'Myah Smith

Possible 2022s to watch

BUatbirth
Would like to see her on a visit sporting Baylor swag.
BaylorBearWBBFan
BUatbirth
This group,,,I like our chances.
slimecap

2022 RECRUITING
Kyla Oldacre

Post 6-5 William Mason HS Mason OH
Ranked HoopGurlz #26

"I would like to thank all of the college coaches that have taken their time to watch me play and recruit me. I am truly blessed!"

- Kyla Oldacre twitter feed, 20 July 2021
slimecap
slimecap said:

2022 RECRUITING
Kyla Oldacre

Post 6-5 William Mason HS Mason OH
Ranked HoopGurlz #26

"I would like to thank all of the college coaches that have taken their time to watch me play and recruit me. I am truly blessed!"

- Kyla Oldacre twitter feed, 20 July 2021

UPDATE
August 16, 2021

2022 RECRUITING
Kyla Oldacre

Offers include
BIG 12 Baylor
ACC Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, UMiami FL, North Carolina State & Pitt
BIG TEN Maryland, Ohio State & Purdue
SEC Auburn, Tennessee & Texas A&M
Non-P5 Dayton
slimecap
setshot
I pulled up a YouTube video of SA Finest (Sammi Wagner's team) playing one of the best California teams (the MACs). California won in a game that was close until the last six minutes, when the California team pulled away.
It was an interesting game. California had arguably the top prospect in the class of 2023 (Mickaela Williams) and several other D1 prospects. SA had two or three good players in addition to Wagner.

Sammi did not have a field goal until late in the game, when she hit a couple of corner threes. She was the center of attention for Cal MAC, and I thought that she was a bit passive, though she did drive into the paint a couple of times and picked up shooting fouls. She rebounded pretty well against size, and clearly was a leader on the floor. She was playing as a forward, but handled the ball on top, and even brought it up the floor several times. Defensively, she guarded one of the best opponents, with mixed results, as the California player had superior athleticism for her size. In my estimation, Sammi is a very good prospect but not the superlative, elite player that we have been hearing about.

She has size and a good skill set, and she can shoot from the arc and stretch the defense, but against good competition with size and athleticism, as CalMAC had, she struggles a bit to get her shot, and she never got to the basket at all. One game does not tell the whole story, and I look forward to seeing more video of her in the upcoming season. That will give a more rounded picture of where Sammi is right now and what she needs to work on. I hope that Baylor gets her commitment. She will make some team better because she plays within herself and understands the game. She will be consistent in what she brings to the court, and Baylor needs someone like that as they seek to build a championship team after the current group leaves us.
chorne68
I sure hope she is a Bear.
BUbearinARK
chorne68 said:

I sure hope she is a Bear.
Note the nail color. She's a bear.
Dcheetah
BUbackerinET
IMO, you put the right pieces around her, and I see her as a dominant player.
slimecap
Dcheetah said:

Sa'Myah Smith and Talaysia Cooper and Chloe Clardy
are already following Coach Collen.
UPDATE July 17, 2021
2022 Talaysia Cooper

7 Finalists
South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Florida State, Duke, Tennessee & Ole Miss
BUatbirth
I don't recall us offering Talaysia Cooper.
Dcheetah
Don't think we ever did. She was just a top level player that showed some early interest. USCe is most likely.
Eball
OK we all need to take a break from worrying about the demise of the B12...and it has been pretty stinking dead....so I will stir things up by noting that so far:

CNC has recruited two new players to the Lady Bears for next year! Asberry a GT, Gillispie a FROSH
Both excellent in my opinion and great pickups for CNC...I am hoping she is not done for next year!

CKM has recruited 4 new players for next year! Moon GT, Gusters a SOPH, Morris a transfer JR/SR?
Amani Barlett FROSH and she has one recruit committed for 2022 Alisa Williams(prior LSU coaches had some recruits already signed so I am not counting them as a KIM pickup)

Now I know some will take this the wrong way but I think CNC is hitting it out of the park coming from the WNBA when she did not have significant recent College/High School/ AAU contacts as far as recruiting...her two gets are outstanding...

however for those who badmouth the HOF/Baylor legend CKM she seems to be doing quite good as well...

You would expect it to be that way would you not? Based on experience and where they both were coming from to their new jobs?

I will support and defend CNC and the Lady Bears but for all you thinking Kim was headed out to pasture I think the above shows she is not....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.