The Collapse of Christian Faith in the US

30,663 Views | 676 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by whiterock
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

The end of superstition can't come fast enough.

I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were terminal
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

As always with evangelicals it's the people's own fault. It is clearly stated here in the last paragraphs.
" Just as He has done throughout the past two thousand years, Jesus is still showing people that He is alive.

Sadly, many Americans simply do not care.

Our nation is choosing to reject faith like never before, and right now there are no indications that this is going to turn around any time soon.."
1. "Americans simply do not care" so it's Americans fault because apparently they are blind
2. " Our nation is choosing to reject faith like never before"
Apparently America is at fault for rejecting faith and NOT how the evangelicals' share the good news of Christ.
If Jesus is alive then it's not Jesus fault that people reject His good news but just maybe that evangelicals are so literal, arrogant, and so narrow about the faith and so far removed from sharing His grace.

"every man did what was right in his own eyes", kind of sounds like today's liberal church
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

I agree. Atheists are fools. It will be best when they abandon their myths.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

If you think Christianity is superstitious, wait till you see what comes next.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

If you think Christianity is superstitious, wait till you see what comes next.

Best Sam Lowry post ever.
JXL
quash said:

So thought the enlightened, progressive rulers in the 20th century who determined to stamp out superstition - Kim Il Sung, Pol Pot, and Enver Hoxha.
BylrFan
There's more bad churches out there than good.

Became a joke quickly once mega churches started popping up.
LIB,MR BEARS
BylrFan said:

There's more bad churches out there than good.

Became a joke quickly once mega churches started popping up.
smoke machines are cool.
Mothra
quash said:

So you've dropped the agnostic label completely I see. You've gone full blown athiest?
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Why blame Democrats? The fault may be with Evangelicals.

We get it…you really don't like Evangelicals.

Lucky for you they are not the majority of American Christians nor do they have any real power in the media or in the cultural and consensus forming institutions of the USA.
Your disdain for me has nothing to do with the truth. Evangelicals are the quick to blame others. Evangelicals may be the new Pharisees "I thank God I am not like other Waco1947."

That's a really large brush
Yes it is a large brush but it is based on this article and its Pharisaical branding of non-Christians.
Evangelicals who are non-compatibilists are the new Pharisees. One who is non-compatibile with other than their own doctrines means they are cannot allow another to believe differently that they do and are extremely hostile to those who believe a different theology.
Not all Evangelicals are non-compatible with other Christian doctrines. These evangelical are ok with differing beliefs because they know that the Christian faith is about faith in Jesus Christ and not in doctrines about Him.
Those who oppose me so vehemently are non-compatible hence Pharisees who understanding is "my way of belief or the highway to hell."
Waco1947
quash said:

So true
Redbrickbear
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

Don't the irreligious do the same but without the radio?
Redbrickbear
He Hate Me said:

Redbrickbear said:

Don't the irreligious do the same but without the radio?

Sure.

The point here being the situation in modern America is worse than people realize.

Not only are the numbers of religious Americans in decline.

Many of the remaining who say they are religious or spiritual…don't believe in Christianity. At least not historic Christianity.

But in a certain form of therapeutic deism or "good luck" superstition.

You see a lot of girls on Facebook now who say things like "I'm spiritual, not religious"…that kind of thing.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX
People will always worship something.

So what could they possible worship, if Christianity is on the decline? Hmmmm... i wonder what it will be...

Mothra
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

He's talking about you as well, numnuts.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Lucky for you they are not the majority of American Christians nor do they have any real power in the media or in the cultural and consensus forming institutions of the USA.
Your disdain for me has nothing to do with the truth. Evangelicals are the quick to blame others. Evangelicals may be the new Pharisees "I thank God I am not like other Waco1947."

Yes it is a large brush but it is based on this article and its Pharisaical branding of non-Christians.
Evangelicals who are non-compatibilists are the new Pharisees. One who is non-compatibile with other than their own doctrines means they are cannot allow another to believe differently that they do and are extremely hostile to those who believe a different theology.
Not all Evangelicals are non-compatible with other Christian doctrines. These evangelical are ok with differing beliefs because they know that the Christian faith is about faith in Jesus Christ and not in doctrines about Him.
Those who oppose me so vehemently are non-compatible hence Pharisees who understanding is "my way of belief or the highway to hell."
Differing beliefs are ok with respect to the nonessentials. It's when you start distorting Christianity's central tenets and foundations - as you have done - that it becomes an issue.

You're no longer Christian, my friend.
Redbrickbear
"In 1973, ~7% of adults said that they had no religious affiliation. 2% said that they were raised in a nonreligious household.

In 2021, 28% said that they were nones. Just 10% said they were raised w/o religion."
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

I'm so sorry. I had no idea you were terminal
I had no idea you were illiterate. Well, I had some idea.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
ShooterTX said:

So what could they possible worship, if Christianity is on the decline? Hmmmm... i wonder what it will be...

LOL. Art is not life.

Satan isn't real either.

But a lot of snowflakes outed themselves over this.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

ShooterTX said:

LOL. Art is not life.

Satan isn't real either.

You're probably happier this way. Imagine if they'd thrown pearls.
Mothra
quash said:

ShooterTX said:

LOL. Art is not life.

Satan isn't real either.

I've really missed your awful takes. Thanks for the nostalgia.
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Differing beliefs are ok with respect to the nonessentials. It's when you start distorting Christianity's central tenets and foundations - as you have done - that it becomes an issue.

You're no longer Christian, my friend.Well . . .fortunately I answer to God not you
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

I agree with quash. The end of superstition cannot come fast enough. The scientific age is happening and secular people understand this new age but but many like you insist on superstition.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

I agree with quash. The end of superstition cannot come fast enough. The scientific age is happening and secular people understand this new age but but many like you insist on superstition.
Does God have a place in your scientific age?
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

Does God have a place in your scientific age?

With y'all yes: you keep putting him in the gaps .
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

Any belief in God is a belief in the Supernatural.

You're so glib you don't realize that.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

You're no longer Christian, my friend.Well . . .fortunately I answer to God not you

Indeed, that is correct. Boy are you in for a surprise in the afterlife...
quash
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

Belief in any gods.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

So true

Belief in any gods.

We agree on this. 47 has somehow convinced himself that gods aren't supernatural.
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Yeah... that's not going to well for you either
Redbrickbear

quash
Redbrickbear said:

At long last, decolonization.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.