The Fox Gagle

31,699 Views | 808 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fun thread.

Democrats cant be Christian.

To be a Christian you must vote for Trump.

You cant be a Christian if you dont follow vote for whoever the republican party throws up. even if the pick is a "pos".

Osodecentx
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Fun thread.

Democrats cant be Christian.

To be a Christian you must vote for Trump.

You cant be a Christian if you dont follow vote for whoever the republican party throws up. even if the pick is a "pos".

That's what they're saying
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yep, you are going to hell if you dont vote for Trump. Thats an amazing statement. If I were not secure in my beliefs I would run as far away as I could from this type of Christianity. .

Mothra
I don't agree that one cannot be Christian and vote Democrat. However, given the current state of the Democrat Party, and its acceptance of rampant sexual immorality, infanticide, debauchery, and wokeism, I think you are a seriously misguided and deceived Christian if you could pull the trigger for a party that has by and large embraced ideas that are the antithesis of Christian beliefs. Either that, or in truth, you are one of the luke warms who doesn't really care all that strongly about the central tenets of the faith.

Now, the corollary to that is not that you must vote for the Republican if you are Christian. Nobody on this thread has said that, despite the Woke Redneck's stupid strawmen to the contrary. I know many Christians that couldn't pull the trigger for Trump, and simply sat out the election, or voted third party. At the time, I didn't agree with that decision, but I certainly respected it.
HuMcK
These people are laughing at many of you in private, and all the way to the bank.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Mothra said:

I don't agree that one cannot be Christian and vote Democrat. However, given the current state of the Democrat Party, and its acceptance of rampant sexual immorality, infanticide, debauchery, and wokeism, I think you are a seriously misguided and deceived Christian if you could pull the trigger for a party that has by and large embraced ideas that are the antithesis of Christian beliefs. Either that, or in truth, you are one of the luke warms who doesn't really care all that strongly about the central tenets of the faith.

Now, the corollary to that is not that you must vote for the Republican if you are Christian. Nobody on this thread has said that, despite the Woke Redneck's stupid strawmen to the contrary. I know many Christians that couldn't pull the trigger for Trump, and simply sat out the election, or voted third party. At the time, I didn't agree with that decision, but I certainly respected it.
Agreed. As bad as Trump was for some Christians, it's undeniable that had he lost, the Supreme Court would look completely different, and there'd be Christian business owners in jail, sued out of their livelihood, or forced out simply for standing up for Christian beliefs. And the hostility toward Christianity probably would have only increased from there. We really were that close to outright government persecution of Christians. And that really should give Christian democrats pause as to what they were supporting.
Osodecentx
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Mothra said:

Agreed. As bad as Trump was for some Christians, it's undeniable that had he lost, the Supreme Court would look completely different, and there'd be Christian business owners in jail, sued out of their livelihood, or forced out simply for standing up for Christian beliefs. And the hostility toward Christianity probably would have only increased from there. We really were that close to outright government persecution of Christians. And that really should give Christian democrats pause as to what they were supporting.
Trump's S Ct appointments were great, no doubt about it.

I wish Trump had finished well but he stumbled badly
Johnny Bear
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

Apparently, not a big fan of the Big Orange, per the depositions of Tucker, Hannity, and that Shrew Ingram and Murdock himself! Tucker really hates the Trumps, which is what we call a ***** where I come from.
Trumps about ready to turn his guns on these folks. Kinda loosing his platform.
all news networks now are bad, but Fox is the worst and most pathetic. But they know how stupidly blind the Trumpers are so i guess they are decent at recognizing that treasure trove of idiots for ratings.

Yeah, it's hard to believe there so many people unwilling to blindly follow and support a political party that hates God, believes men can menstruate and get pregnant, believes you can't define what a woman is, believes illegal aliens should be allowed to enter our country at will and even given special treatment, wages war on energy and the economy, believes if we just spend enough $$trillions and restrict enough rights we can control the weather, believes the main purpose of education is to teach racial hatred and groom/indoctrinate future Marxists, and believes that murdering the unborn at will is a constitutional right.

What a bunch of dolts! I.wish they would get an "education" and understand America last is always the way to go!
Just what in the hell are you talking about. I know tons of democrats that are god fearing , Christ centered folk. Really disingenuous and short sighted. Hell, I know lots of Hindu's and Muslims who are much better people than a lot of "Christians" that I'm around. You need to get out more. Everyone isn't white and Baptist!

"White and Baptist" - LOL! Leave it to a LIB to introduce irrelevant (and untrue) things like race and denomination! Sorry to have triggered you so much - I know it has to hurt that your boy Biden has been such a miserable failure at every turn. And what has happened to your "I'm a ridiculously successful oil baron and property manager" schtick lately?? I really miss laughing at that BS.
Johnny Bear

Yep, you are going to hell if you dont vote for Trump. Thats an amazing statement. If I were not secure in my beliefs I would run as far away as I could from this type of Christianity.

It would be an"amazing statement" - if anybody had actually posted that. Work on your reading comprehension skills and stop making stuff up.
Mothra
As this thread has proven, we have a lot of people in this country who are Christian in name only. They probably come from a Christian background and tradition, but they don't adhere to any of the spiritual disciplines. They're not in the Word, they're not praying, they're not learning or growing, they're not adhering to what he says about the kind of life we should lead, and they're not seeking the Lord's will for their lives. Even a cursory understanding of scripture would reveal the stark dichotomy between the democrat platform and Christianity. It's actually remarkable that purported Christians on this very thread are so glib and uneducated in the Word that they would attempt to make the argument that the two are somehow compatible. I mean we have 4 people that have agreed with Woke Redneck's absurd strawman.

We are a neglectful, Luke warm and comfortable lot. It's sad.
Mothra
Johnny Bear said:

Yep, you are going to hell if you dont vote for Trump. Thats an amazing statement. If I were not secure in my beliefs I would run as far away as I could from this type of Christianity.

It would be an"amazing statement" - if anybody had actually posted that. Work on your reading comprehension skills and stop making stuff up.

WR isn't stupid and his comprehension isn't so terrible as his posts suggest. Instead he's intellectually dishonest, and lacks the logic and reasoning ability to make cogent arguments. So instead he resorts to mischaracterizations and straw men to try and make his points.
J.R.
Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

Apparently, not a big fan of the Big Orange, per the depositions of Tucker, Hannity, and that Shrew Ingram and Murdock himself! Tucker really hates the Trumps, which is what we call a ***** where I come from.
all news networks now are bad, but Fox is the worst and most pathetic. But they know how stupidly blind the Trumpers are so i guess they are decent at recognizing that treasure trove of idiots for ratings.

Yeah, it's hard to believe there so many people unwilling to blindly follow and support a political party that hates God, believes men can menstruate and get pregnant, believes you can't define what a woman is, believes illegal aliens should be allowed to enter our country at will and even given special treatment, wages war on energy and the economy, believes if we just spend enough $$trillions and restrict enough rights we can control the weather, believes the main purpose of education is to teach racial hatred and groom/indoctrinate future Marxists, and believes that murdering the unborn at will is a constitutional right.

What a bunch of dolts! I.wish they would get an "education" and understand America last is always the way to go!
The leader of the GOP/former president currently doesn't give a blue F about God and uses him as a prop. just heads up.

Regardless of what his personal situation is in that regard (which you have no idea about - as a "heads up") he was an outstanding POTUS as far as people of faith go - among a plethora of other accomplishments.
actually i do have an idea, we all do, it's documented and out there for all to see.

Wow! So you (and apparently a lot of other people) have the ability to discern and know the current condition of another person's innermost heart and soul at any point in time! Where do you go to get training for that sort of thing?
It is called actions, not words. Very simple!
Mothra
Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

Just what in the hell are you talking about. I know tons of democrats that are god fearing , Christ centered folk. Really disingenuous and short sighted. Hell, I know lots of Hindu's and Muslims who are much better people than a lot of "Christians" that I'm around. You need to get out more. Everyone isn't white and Baptist!

"White and Baptist" - LOL! Leave it to a LIB to introduce irrelevant (and untrue) things like race and denomination! Sorry to have triggered you so much - I know it has to hurt that your boy Biden has been such a miserable failure at every turn. And what has happened to your "I'm a ridiculously successful oil baron and property manager" schtick lately?? I really miss laughing at that BS.

A good reminder of the stereotypes that exist about evangelical Christian's, and the ease with which people will fall into them to help themselves understand and make sense of the world. If JR can write off their comments as nutty white evangelicals, it prevents him from having to think too deeply about their comments and - more importantly - perform any self examination of his own beliefs. It is his coping and defense mechanism. We don't like to be told we are wrong.
J.R.
Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

again, not a Lib. Former R who has been Independent for years.
J.R.
Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

A good reminder of the stereotypes that exist about evangelical Christian's, and the ease with which people will fall into them to help themselves understand and make sense of the world. If JR can write off their comments as nutty white evangelicals, it prevents him from having to think too deeply about their comments and - more importantly - perform any self examination of his own beliefs. It is his coping and defense mechanism. We don't like to be told we are wrong.
I'm am really good with my faith. Yes, I'm Christian, but look askew at some Evangelicals. I give you this Jeffress character.
Mothra
Not sure what you mean by "good with my faith," but respectfully, your stances on issues - especially social issues - and your animosity to "fellow believers" suggests you either don't know what scripture says about certain issues or you don't care. I say that with all due respect.
Johnny Bear
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

The leader of the GOP/former president currently doesn't give a blue F about God and uses him as a prop. just heads up.

Regardless of what his personal situation is in that regard (which you have no idea about - as a "heads up") he was an outstanding POTUS as far as people of faith go - among a plethora of other accomplishments.
actually i do have an idea, we all do, it's documented and out there for all to see.

Wow! So you (and apparently a lot of other people) have the ability to discern and know the current condition of another person's innermost heart and soul at any point in time! Where do you go to get training for that sort of thing?

We're all sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God. My point is neither you nor I nor anyone else knows the current state of Trump's heart/soul vis a vis a relationship or a lack of a relationship with God. He will face judgment like all of us one day based on how he dealt with or failed to deal with the free gift of salvation through Christ's sacrifice on the cross and resurrection.

But for the sake of argument, let's just say the guy was a complete non-believing heathen while POTUS and all of the supportive things he said and did for the faith community was just a cynical ploy for votes. He STILL was a good and effective POTUS for the Christian community, as well as the rest of the country. If nothing else, look at his court appointees and his support for the pro-life movement. Believe it or not, God also uses non-believers from time to time for his glory and there are examples of this in the Bible. At an absolute minimum, if you want to call him the lesser of two evils then go ahead. He was most certainly at least that.
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

as president, most of Trumps actions were good and his words were bad.. compare that to current president whose actions are bad but at least he is nice
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
LateSteak69
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

which I just cannot, for the life of me understand why you Christian types support him. He stands for nothing Christ like. And don't give me the abortion non-sense. It was convenient for him to stir your types up on the single issue.
one of the many mysteries about trumps appeal. It truly is a cult.
J.R.
Mothra said:

Not sure what you mean by "good with my faith," but respectfully, your stances on issues - especially social issues - and your animosity to "fellow believers" suggests you either don't know what scripture says about certain issues or you don't care. I say that with all due respect.
No, I just play devil's advocate a lot with folks who may need it.
J.R.
Mothra said:

so, please expound upon the social issues you think I support. Just curious.
Mothra
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

You've told everyone you are fiscally conservative and socially liberal. When most people make that claim, they typically mean pro-abortion, LGBTQ+ rights, gay marriage, etc. But I am sure you can clarify what you mean by that.
Mothra
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

No, I just play devil's advocate a lot with folks who may need it.
Hmm. Ok.
Johnny Bear
4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

as president, most of Trumps actions were good and his words were bad.. compare that to current president whose actions are bad but at least he is nice

He is?? The guy is even more insulting toward at least half the country and divisive overall than even Obama was. Granted his consistently miserably failed actions are more important and I realize he's just a puppet reading words off of a teleprompter that his handlers wrote, but I still don't see how he can be characterized as "nice".
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Mothra said:

Trump's S Ct appointments were great, no doubt about it.

I wish Trump had finished well but he stumbled badly
Biggest mistake was making Birx and Fauci the face of Covid response and adopting the Democrat playbook for dealing with it.
4th and Inches
Johnny Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

Johnny Bear said:

LateSteak69 said:

J.R. said:

He is?? The guy is even more insulting toward at least half the country and divisive overall than even Obama was. Granted his consistently miserably failed actions are more important and I realize he's just a puppet reading words off of a teleprompter that his handlers wrote, but I still don't see how he can be characterized as "nice".
the media told me he was.. same people that told me Trump was mean..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
OsoCoreyell
Straw man is taking a complete butt-whipping on this thread. Poor guy.
J.R.
Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

You've told everyone you are fiscally conservative and socially liberal. When most people make that claim, they typically mean pro-abortion, LGBTQ+ rights, gay marriage, etc. But I am sure you can clarify what you mean by that.
Ok, you are correct on fiscally conservative and very Libertarian on social issues. Firstly, I am in no way pro abortion. I have an adopted child , for Pete's sake, one day after her birth, (now 24) so I'm hardly pro-abortion. I just don't make that a singular issue. I really don't care who sleeps with whom or who marries whom. Not my business. So, how many abortions do you think Trump has paid for? You ok with Trumps biatch Queen Lindsey in all his gayness? Is that ok because he is a republican. Everyone should have the same rights, regardless. I have enough on my plate to keep it between the lines. Me worrying about that crap is senseless . I don't buy the slippery slope issue either. Kids at drag shows is not ok. Shame on those parents.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

I think it is a fair reading of his posts to say Wang believes a person who votes for a Democrat isn't a Christian. Since you have admitted that you have voted for a couple of Democrats, I'd be interested in your opinion of Wang's posts.

From Wangchung:
You don't know ANY Christians that vote Democrat. They might call themselves Christians but they aren't when they're enabling abortion. You mistake being weak in one's beliefs and going along to get along with actual Christianity. Watered down, participation ribbon version of Christ's teachings that feel good to say and allow you to attack actual Christians who show their faith through acts rather than virtue signals.

Old enough to know that voting to empower abortion means you're not a Christian. I'm sure there were good Nazis who didn't support EVERYTHING the National Socialist Party did, too, but they supported some terrible **** by not being single issue supporters.
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I think it is a fair reading of his posts to say Wang believes a person who votes for a Democrat isn't a Christian. Since you have admitted that you have voted for a couple of Democrats, I'd be interested in your opinion of Wang's posts.

From Wangchung:
You don't know ANY Christians that vote Democrat. They might call themselves Christians but they aren't when they're enabling abortion. You mistake being weak in one's beliefs and going along to get along with actual Christianity. Watered down, participation ribbon version of Christ's teachings that feel good to say and allow you to attack actual Christians who show their faith through acts rather than virtue signals.

Old enough to know that voting to empower abortion means you're not a Christian. I'm sure there were good Nazis who didn't support EVERYTHING the National Socialist Party did, too, but they supported some terrible **** by not being single issue supporters.
That is correct, I do state that voting democrats into power means you do not act in faith with Christian beliefs. When it comes to policy and rhetoric only one party is actively anti-Christian, they just disguise it by classifying the target of their hate as EvAnGeLiCaL Christians. Some might try to argue that a politician's personal life is as important here as their party's M.O. but short of corruption, only policy affects this country. That's how a Christian can hold their noses and vote for an orange yankee goon born with a platinum spoon in his mouth, because his policy is in line with our faith. I don't see killing babies as in line with the Christian faith, even if the democrats do other stuff, too.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

From Wangchung:

That is correct, I do state that voting democrats into power means you do not act in faith with Christian beliefs. When it comes to policy and rhetoric only one party is actively anti-Christian, they just disguise it by classifying the target of their hate as EvAnGeLiCaL Christians. Some might try to argue that a politician's personal life is as important here as their party's M.O. but short of corruption, only policy affects this country. That's how a Christian can hold their noses and vote for an orange yankee goon born with a platinum spoon in his mouth, because his policy is in line with our faith. I don't see killing babies as in line with the Christian faith, even if the democrats do other stuff, too.
Mothra? Does this add a works requirement (vote Republican) for Grace to abound?
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

From Wangchung:

Mothra?
Mothra disagrees with my premise. It's the first sentence of his post. I also never said one HAD to vote Republican in order to be a Christian.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

From Wangchung:

Mothra?
Mothra disagrees with my premise. It's the first sentence of his post. I also never said one HAD to vote Republican in order to be a Christian.
Is voting for a Democrat a sin?
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

From Wangchung:

Mothra?
Is voting for a Democrat a sin?
Is empowering and enabling sin "Christian?"
Mothra
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Ok, you are correct on fiscally conservative and very Libertarian on social issues. Firstly, I am in no way pro abortion. I have an adopted child , for Pete's sake, one day after her birth, (now 24) so I'm hardly pro-abortion. I just don't make that a singular issue. I really don't care who sleeps with whom or who marries whom. Not my business. So, how many abortions do you think Trump has paid for? You ok with Trumps biatch Queen Lindsey in all his gayness? Is that ok because he is a republican. Everyone should have the same rights, regardless. I have enough on my plate to keep it between the lines. Me worrying about that crap is senseless . I don't buy the slippery slope issue either. Kids at drag shows is not ok. Shame on those parents.
As a Christian, I would respectfully submit you should care about the mores of the culture. We are to be salt and light to a dying world. We should try to stem the tide, to the extent we can. Christ calls for that. And what we know is the Democrats have embraced a culture that is the antithesis of Christ's teachings.

You will get no argument from me that Trump is a POS. The mistake you make is believing that personality is more important than policy. How could a Christian vote for Trump? Easy. When the only other viable alternative is a guy who pushes woke social issues and immorality that are the antithesis of Christian values, you go with the guy who isn't for those things from a policy standpoint.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.