The Fox Gagle

31,676 Views | 808 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Hold on a second. Am I "preaching another Gospel. Faith + vote for your preferred candidate" or not?

You seem to be all over the place.

Yes you are. You say that if I vote wrong I need to do some self examination because I may not really be saved. IOW, faith +vote right. But if I vote right no self examination necessary
Below is a quote from your post from 2-3 pages ago:

"The idea that Christians can do and say anything they want (and vote how they want) because they are saved sounds eerily similar to the Gnostics, who believed that salvation was a mere get-out-of-jail free card. They believed how you live doesn't matter. And that's just not what Christ says in the Gospels.

I would respectfully submit that if you believe you are saved, but continue to make poor choices and decisions that you know to be contrary to your purported faith, you might need to do some self-examination, and ask yourself have you truly accepted Christ's grace. Again, how we vote doesn't affect our eternal security, but it might be a sign of where we are in our relationship with Christ, if at all."
I've said that how one behaves may be a sign of where they are in their faith, or if they even have a faith. Again, that is not a controversial subject, and one supported by the verses quoted above. Unfortunately, you seem to continue to either confuse or purposefully misinterpret those comments to allege that I am saying how one votes is a prerequisite to salvation. As I have tried to tell you, you're getting the order confused. Faith precedes both fruit and works. And fruit and works are a sign of faith.
And if my behavior includes voting Democrat, it may be a sign that I have no faith. And if I have no faith I'm not a Christian.

I'm not misinterpreting what you say, I'm quoting you word for word.
Indeed, if one votes for policies that are the antithesis of Christianity, one may not be a Christian, may be immature in his or her faith, or may be misguided, subscribing to a warped and erroneous view of Christianity. That is elementary and basic Christian theology.
If I vote for a Democrat, am I voting for policies that are the antithesis of Christianity, and I may not be a Christian?
correct.. you may or may not be a Christian
Unbelievable . who thinks this way, these days? Sad, really. Fairly sure JC would not approve.
so you would like me to judge whether you are a good Christian or a bad Christian based on a few internet posts? Who thinks this way.
You people judge on what party someone votes.
you people? Me and my fellow session members at church? Me and other random posters on this site? Me and the 12 members of my immediate family who voted for both Trump and Biden in the last election and we still all talk and go to church and on family trips together(you know, the important stuff)?

Exactly who is the you people you were derogatorily referring to?
I'm talking about you very good Christian folk who voted for Trump. I really have a hard time getting my head around how all the good Cristians square a human who resamples and act totally in conflict with Christian beliefs. How just do you people square that? I just do not get it. Hell , my parents are the same way and I don't get that either.
Yes, Trump is a scumbag and a sinner, but his personal sins are not going to wreck the damn country.
If we're lucky.
We have 4 years of evidence that they will not. The last 2 years, on the other hand, make a pretty strong case that Biden might indeed wreck the country.
His four years were a mixed bag. His last few months were a disaster. If his narcissism doesn't wreck the country, it won't be for lack of trying.
I agree it was 4 years of a mixed bag. But the one thing we weren't on the precipice of was a nuclear war.

There's no way any reasonable conservative could argue the last two years of disaster were in any way preferable to Trump.
Obviously they were preferable in some ways. At least Biden hasn't endorsed violent political ideologies or spurred his followers to open rebellion.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Hold on a second. Am I "preaching another Gospel. Faith + vote for your preferred candidate" or not?

Yes you are. You say that if I vote wrong I need to do some self examination because I may not really be saved. IOW, faith +vote right. But if I vote right no self examination necessary

"The idea that Christians can do and say anything they want (and vote how they want) because they are saved sounds eerily similar to the Gnostics, who believed that salvation was a mere get-out-of-jail free card. They believed how you live doesn't matter. And that's just not what Christ says in the Gospels.

I would respectfully submit that if you believe you are saved, but continue to make poor choices and decisions that you know to be contrary to your purported faith, you might need to do some self-examination, and ask yourself have you truly accepted Christ's grace. Again, how we vote doesn't affect our eternal security, but it might be a sign of where we are in our relationship with Christ, if at all."
I've said that how one behaves may be a sign of where they are in their faith, or if they even have a faith. Again, that is not a controversial subject, and one supported by the verses quoted above. Unfortunately, you seem to continue to either confuse or purposefully misinterpret those comments to allege that I am saying how one votes is a prerequisite to salvation. As I have tried to tell you, you're getting the order confused. Faith precedes both fruit and works. And fruit and works are a sign of faith.
And if my behavior includes voting Democrat, it may be a sign that I have no faith. And if I have no faith I'm not a Christian.

Indeed, if one votes for policies that are the antithesis of Christianity, one may not be a Christian, may be immature in his or her faith, or may be misguided, subscribing to a warped and erroneous view of Christianity. That is elementary and basic Christian theology.
If I vote for a Democrat, am I voting for policies that are the antithesis of Christianity, and I may not be a Christian?
Unbelievable . who thinks this way, these days? Sad, really. Fairly sure JC would not approve.
so you would like me to judge whether you are a good Christian or a bad Christian based on a few internet posts? Who thinks this way.
you people? Me and my fellow session members at church? Me and other random posters on this site? Me and the 12 members of my immediate family who voted for both Trump and Biden in the last election and we still all talk and go to church and on family trips together(you know, the important stuff)?

I'm talking about you very good Christian folk who voted for Trump. I really have a hard time getting my head around how all the good Cristians square a human who resamples and act totally in conflict with Christian beliefs. How just do you people square that? I just do not get it. Hell , my parents are the same way and I don't get that either.
Yes, Trump is a scumbag and a sinner, but his personal sins are not going to wreck the damn country.
If we're lucky.
We have 4 years of evidence that they will not. The last 2 years, on the other hand, make a pretty strong case that Biden might indeed wreck the country.
His four years were a mixed bag. His last few months were a disaster. If his narcissism doesn't wreck the country, it won't be for lack of trying.
I agree it was 4 years of a mixed bag. But the one thing we weren't on the precipice of was a nuclear war.

There's no way any reasonable conservative could argue the last two years of disaster were in any way preferable to Trump.
Obviously they were preferable in some ways. At least Biden hasn't endorsed violent political ideologies or spurred his followers to open rebellion.
His party did that for the entire year of 2020, though. 500+ riots that were openly endorsed and sponsored by democrats.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

His party did that for the entire year of 2020, though. 500+ riots that were openly endorsed and sponsored by democrats.
Biden never endorsed riots or any form of violence.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

His vice President pick paid for the bail of rioters with her own cash.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

At least Biden hasn't endorsed violent political ideologies or spurred his followers to open rebellion.
Yes, nuclear was is preferable to protestors present in the capitol. Clearly, the Republic almost fell!
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
Yes she did. Is your Google broken or do you enjoy embarrassing yourself?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
No, I'm just less inclined to do others' work lately.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
It's not my work to educate you on things you should look up for yourself. The fact that your default response is "nuh uh!" when you're wrong is hilarious. Considering how easily you could look this up, the more you choose this particular hill to die on the funnier it gets.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
It's not my work to educate you on things you should look up for yourself. The fact that your default response is "nuh uh!" when you're wrong is hilarious. Considering how easily you could look this up, the more you choose this particular hill to die on the funnier it gets.
Oh, I have the link. It just won't post from my desktop ("something on this page is slowing down your browser") and I didn't feel like sending it to my phone.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
Oh, I have the link. It just won't post from my desktop ("something on this page is slowing down your browser") and I didn't feel like sending it to my phone.
The only factual link you could have is one that reports that Kamala donated to rioter bail funds, one that released a rioter who later went on to be charged with a murder.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
The only factual link you could have is one that reports that Kamala donated to rioter bail funds, one that released a rioter who later went on to be charged with a murder.
Wrong.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.
Wrong.
No, it's correct. Even if it hurts your feelings.
Mothra
As with most things, Sam loves to split hairs. We don't know if she actually contributed money to the Minnesota Freedom Fund that was used to help bail our the rioters. We do know that Harris expressed public support for the fund during the midst of the BLM riots, and encouraged her supporters to donate to it during the protests over Floyd's death in the summer of 2020.The fund paid criminal bail for the protestors.

As with most of Sam's hair splitting, this is another distinction without much of a difference. It is as morally reprehensible to publicly support such a fund when our cities were being looted as actually contributing monies.
Wangchung
Oh I know exactly what he is doing. I just like to troll the trolls.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.

Would you post a link?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Oh I know exactly what he is doing.
Not yet. But hope springs eternal.
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.

Would you post a link?
Nope. Use your Google.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.

Would you post a link?
Nope. Use your Google.

I did. It said Sam was right. Just st giving you a chance
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.

Would you post a link?
Nope. Use your Google.

You and I both know that if that were true you'd have already posted the link that debunks my claim.
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.

Would you post a link?
Nope. Use your Google.

You and I both know that if that were true you'd have already posted the link that debunks my claim.

So Sam claims stands
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

If we're lucky.

No she didn't.

Would you post a link?
Nope. Use your Google.

So Sam claims stands
Nope. His claim of "nuh uh" is still false.
LateSteak69
I just took a tour of the Capitol, inside and out (awesome, highly recommend). The rotunda and several of the halls where the "tourists" broke in now have roped off areas. I asked the guard there why, and he said so we don't get a Jan 6th again.

Then outside, the front of the Capitol is going through a refresh. I asked our Rep what's behind that and she said the were fixing things from Jan 6 and decided to go ahead and refresh the entire facade.

But yeah, peaceful tourists that did nothing....
Sam Lowry
They were all peaceful except Ray Epps. Amazing how one guy can do so much damage!
Wangchung

Mothra
LateSteak69 said:

I just took a tour of the Capitol, inside and out (awesome, highly recommend). The rotunda and several of the halls where the "tourists" broke in now have roped off areas. I asked the guard there why, and he said so we don't get a Jan 6th again.

Then outside, the front of the Capitol is going through a refresh. I asked our Rep what's behind that and she said the were fixing things from Jan 6 and decided to go ahead and refresh the entire facade.

Whoever said that? Straw man alert.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

They were all peaceful except Ray Epps. Amazing how one guy can do so much damage!
Another straw man.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Said what?
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

I'm getting tired of you winning so much

edit: no I'm not
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Said what?
peaceful tourists that did nothing
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm getting tired of you winning so much
LOL
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm getting tired of you whining so much

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
LateSteak69
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Said what?
except for the ones that did.
4th and Inches
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Said what?
truth- the peaceful tourists did nothing. The rowdy ones caused damage
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Wangchung
4th and Inches said:

LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

LateSteak69 said:

Said what?
truth- the peaceful tourists did nothing. The rowdy ones caused damage
"iM gEtTiNg TiReD oF u wInNiNg sO mUcH!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.