This "border crisis" talk is dangerous for our democracy

70,400 Views | 693 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

You *******s on here feel good about making my generation pay for 2000+ new illegal immigrants coming through this country every ****ing day?

**** you guys. I'm going to have to live through a major depression at some point in my life while y'all will be dead having never experienced the hardships I will absolutely go through.

Um... guys. He's cursing.

Old bear and DC are going to be like, SO MAD, dude.

chuckle

OK rep point coming your way for the humor..

But Doc is most likely correct. Only a fool would believe the United States could employ, educate and provide the social services required ......

for the 10's of millions of impoverished central and South Americans who would most certainly immigrate here if allowed to do so .

With respect, the number coming has been dropping to the current point being the lowest in decades. We actually have a SHORTAGE of workers willing to do the jobs they do that fulfill REAL need for our economy.

This idea that "we can't handle them" is without basis in fact.
From NYTimes

Border at 'Breaking Point' as More than 76,000 Migrants Cross in a Month

The number of migrant families crossing the southwest border has once again broken records, with unauthorized entries nearly doubling what they were a year ago, suggesting that the Trump administration's aggressive policies have not discouraged new migration to the United States.
More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year highand a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.
"The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point," Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.
The nation's top border enforcement officer painted a picture of processing centers filled to capacity, border agents struggling to meet medical needs and thousands of exhausted members of migrant families crammed into a detention system that was not built to house them all while newcomers continue to arrive, sometimes by the busload, at the rate of 2,200 a day.

Now wait ......some posters say the numbers of illegals is trending down. Way down .

Which is it ?

Historic numbers are WAY down. Last month, they blipped up.

Both are possible if you're not being purposefully obtuse.

OK....not trying to be obtuse.....

But the article sure makes it sound like the detention facilities are at capacity with more people coming in every day.

Wouldn't you agree the situation is at least.....very serious ?

This is a created problem.

If we started arresting every single person who sped on I-35, the jails would be overrun pretty quickly.
Speeders very seldom murder cops. Kind of a big difference there ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

You *******s on here feel good about making my generation pay for 2000+ new illegal immigrants coming through this country every ****ing day?

**** you guys. I'm going to have to live through a major depression at some point in my life while y'all will be dead having never experienced the hardships I will absolutely go through.

chuckle

But Doc is most likely correct. Only a fool would believe the United States could employ, educate and provide the social services required ......

for the 10's of millions of impoverished central and South Americans who would most certainly immigrate here if allowed to do so .

With respect, the number coming has been dropping to the current point being the lowest in decades. We actually have a SHORTAGE of workers willing to do the jobs they do that fulfill REAL need for our economy.

From NYTimes

The number of migrant families crossing the southwest border has once again broken records, with unauthorized entries nearly doubling what they were a year ago, suggesting that the Trump administration's aggressive policies have not discouraged new migration to the United States.
More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year highand a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.
"The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point," Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.
The nation's top border enforcement officer painted a picture of processing centers filled to capacity, border agents struggling to meet medical needs and thousands of exhausted members of migrant families crammed into a detention system that was not built to house them all while newcomers continue to arrive, sometimes by the busload, at the rate of 2,200 a day.

Now wait ......some posters say the numbers of illegals is trending down. Way down .

Which is it ?

But the article sure makes it sound like the detention facilities are at capacity with more people coming in every day.

If we started arresting every single person who sped on I-35, the jails would be overrun pretty quickly.

Created problem ?

Got hundreds of thousands of illegals attempting to bypass our laws and legal immigration procedures .

Would you suggest we forget about enforcing normal immigration laws and let the 'excess' populations of central and South America enter our country unhindered ?
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit a crime than citizens. If reducing cop murders is really your concern, then statistically speaking, you should concentrate citizens, first.

Also, it has literally never been safer to be a human being on earth in the history of the world.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/28/steven_pinker_now_is_a_great_time_to_be_alive.html

It's safer to be a cop as well.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2016/8/13/17938238/police-officer-on-duty-deaths-killings

And all of this is fantastic news. Don't let fear drive you to oppress.
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit a crime than citizens. If reducing cop murders is really your concern, then statistically speaking, you should concentrate citizens, first.

Also, it has literally never been safer to be a human being on earth in the history of the world.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/28/steven_pinker_now_is_a_great_time_to_be_alive.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2016/8/13/17938238/police-officer-on-duty-deaths-killings

Wrong. Mixing illegals with legit immigrants does not suddenly make illegals 'good citizens'.

Stop hating cops, 'k?
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Wrong. Mixing illegals with legit immigrants does not suddenly make illegals 'good citizens'.

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Oppress ?

How is enforcing existing immigration laws oppressive ?

Especially in light that the United States allows the most legal immigrants of any country in the world .
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?
Pretending police are safe allowing illegals in here is hating cops. Pretty basic, that.
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?
Pretending police are safe allowing illegals in here is hating cops. Pretty basic, that.

Lol... what? You been drinking?

Is ignoring empirical data because the people are brown racist?
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?

IMO it's not about hating cops.

Just that so many folks are insulated from the negative consequences of illegal immigration ( so far ) that they don't fully comprehend the danger some illegals pose to our members of law enforcement.

FWIW the wife of a Greeley, Colorado deputy sheriff ( mind you...Northern Colorado) recently told us that over HALF of her husbands routine arrests involved illegals . Usually for domestic violence, drugs or drunkenness .

But some folks, can not, will not ...accept this .
BrooksBearLives
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Oppress ?

Especially in light that the United States allows the most legal immigrants of any country in the world .

Throwing them in jail, separating them from their babies -who are allowed to be sexually assaulted, for a MISDEMEANOR... one could call that oppression.

I mean, if that doesn't meet the threshold for oppression, literally nothing does.
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Oppress ?

Throwing them in jail, separating them from their babies -who are allowed to be sexually assaulted, for a MISDEMEANOR... one could call that oppression.

I mean, if that doesn't meet the threshold for oppression, literally nothing does.

My friend you have it backyards .

Kids are separated from adults to prevent sexual assaults.
In many, many cases the adults with the kids are not their parents . And sexual assault is so common throughout central and South America it's unbelievable.

Again ....really believe there wouldn't be even more millions flooding into the US if we didn't enforce our immigration laws ? When would it stop ? How would it end ?

The United States simply doesn't have the economic capacity to care for all the tens of millions of poor people throughout two continents.

It sounds good and noble .....but it's simply an impossibility.
BrooksBearLives
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Oppress ?

In many, many cases the adults with the kids are not their parents . And sexual assault is so common throughout central and South America it's unbelievable.

Again ....really believe there wouldn't be even more millions flooding into the US if we didn't enforce our immigration laws ? When would it stop ? How would it end ?

The United States simply doesn't have the economic capacity to care for all the tens of millions of poor people throughout two continents.

They're separated from their parents TO PREVENT sexual assault?

That plan... has not worked.

THOUSANDS of children in just the last 3 years.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/thousands-children-complained-sexual-abuse-immigrant-detention
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Oppress ?

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/thousands-children-complained-sexual-abuse-immigrant-detention

That article did not provide any examples of detention staff assaulting children .

The worst 'complaint' involving staff was a pornographic magazine.

In addition the article was incredibly vague and unsubstantiated.

And again you never address the big questions

If we didn't enforce immigration laws ....just how many tens of millions would come here from central and South America ?

How could one country absorb and provide for the poor hundreds of millions of central and South America ?

Don't avoid this my friend.....tell me how it would ever stop .

riflebear
Do you believe it when the NYTimes talks about it?

Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

Which is it ?

Oppress ?

That article did not provide any examples of detention staff assaulting children .

The worst 'complaint' involving staff was a pornographic magazine.

In addition the article was incredibly vague and unsubstantiated.

And again you never address the big questions

If we didn't enforce immigration laws ....just how many tens of millions would come here from central and South America ?

How could one country absorb and provide for the poor hundreds of millions of central and South America ?

Don't avoid this my friend.....tell me how it would ever stop .

I just wanna say I appreciate your taking time to prove BBL of being the bumbling foolish child that others close to him most likely also know him to be

Sad waste of persistence he is
ValhallaBear
BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

Exactly. Immigration is driven by opportunity. Straight up capitalism. Trump, and his supporters here, want the state to interfere (trade barriers/wars, labor barriers) with market forces. Command economies suck.
Flooding your first world economy with third world labor is the exact opposite of 'straight up capitalism'

Lol, no. That's straight-up capitalism. It's literally capitalism. Supply and demand. Market forces at work.

Keeping cheap labor OUT of the market is protectionism.
Lol, no. All you've done is thrown out some Econ 101 terms. The issue is so much more complex than that.

If you had said 'invisible hand' in there somewhere you could have hit the trifecta of acting like you know what you're talking about while maintaining ignorance
quash
Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

chuckle

From NYTimes

That is largely a function of policy decisions. It is a crisis only because this administration decided to create one.You

Add more immigration judges. Move personnel from checkpoints well inside the birder. Revive the Bracero program.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

Did you read that article?

I don't think you did.
quash
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

I don't think you did.
He's a headline kinda guy.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

It's all Trump's fault.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

It's all Trump's fault.
As I have said for years, well before Trump, our immigration policy is fubar.

Trump, as is his wont, has made it worse. But it is not all Trump's fault. He's peeing on a pile of crap.
YoakDaddy
Aliceinbubbleland said:

YoakDaddy said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

No need to argue both sides of the equation. If, and it's a large if, Trump does activate the National Security button the SCOTUS will reverse him almost immediately. See Truman and the steel industry/unions/SCOTUS.

Big difference between Trump and Truman/steel mills is that Truman did not have National Emergencies Act; he claimed that executive emergency power to take over those steel mills. Congress actually gave executive branch that authority to declare national emergencies in 1976; Trump actually has and has utilized that power. That's a big difference.
I did not know that, obviously. I still think the Supreme Court would intervene and we already have lawsuits of every type being filed against Trump by the bluest states. It seems they want to outdo the other BLUE.

I don't necessarily agree with the declaration due to precedent setting, but just based on SCOTUS ObamaCare decision where I thought they'd rule against it, recall that CJ Roberts stated (my recollection) that it was constitutional on the grounds that congress implemented it under a budgetary resolution and because it was implemented under congressional rules they set up, it was constitutional. Just looking at the reasoning (based on my recollection) in that one case, they could say the same thing....not unconstitutional because congress gave the executive that power. Just my humble opinion.....
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

There is no crisis.

It's all Trump's fault.
Forest Bueller
Instead of Trump having to declare an emergency, why don't the legislators actually listen to Border Patrol who says it's a mess and at a break point, drop the politics of personal pride and do the right thing. They used to think 25 billion was an appropriate number for border security, now 5.7 billion is too much?

Some of these same folks are on board for the GND that would end up costing an estimated 81 trillion?

Our legislators need to start doing their job or get voted out.
Florda_mike
Forest Bueller said:

Instead of Trump having to declare an emergency, why don't the legislators actually listen to Border Patrol who says it's a mess and at a break point, drop the politics of personal pride and do the right thing. They used to think 25 billion was an appropriate number for border security, now 5.7 billion is too much?

Some of these same folks are on board for the GND that would end up costing an estimated 81 trillion?

Because our crooked azz "low down legislators" are bought and paid for by cartels and other areas of illegal drug industry, and it's a massive payoff they receive

Been going on all my life at an increasing rate
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?

Lol... what? You been drinking?

Is ignoring empirical data because the people are brown racist?
I pay attention to police funerals. I note who murdered them.

False-conclusion push polls and studies are no comfort to widows.
Doc Holliday
In the back of every single lefties mind is the hidden belief that illegal immigrants will help bolster the Democratic party and lead to future Democrat voters. These people are poor and their children will too be poor and rely on government. Just the way it is.

This is the only reason they are concerned with the border.

They don't actually care about illegals. Just like they don't care about anyone murdered or sex trafficked by illegals.

What is now happening in Europe will happen here. The invasion there is causing chaos, and financial ruin to those who pay taxes. The sellout of our sovereignty as a nation must be stopped. Trump is trying to fight the battle, but almost everyone is against him, except his base. The rino's, establishment, and the democrats are deflecting and winning the quest for voters and low wage workers. 2020 will be the clincher. Illegal voters, dead voting, vote harvesting, elimination of the electoral collage, etc will stand that election on its head! It is only a matter of time before the US becomes like Europe.
TexasScientist
Doc Holliday said:

In the back of every single lefties mind is the hidden belief that illegal immigrants will help bolster the Democratic party and lead to future Democrat voters. These people are poor and their children will too be poor and rely on government. Just the way it is.

This is the only reason they are concerned with the border.

They don't actually care about illegals. Just like they don't care about anyone murdered or sex trafficked by illegals.

What is now happening in Europe will happen here. The invasion there is causing chaos, and financial ruin to those who pay taxes. The sellout of our sovereignty as a nation must be stopped. Trump is trying to fight the battle, but almost everyone is against him, except his base. The rino's, establishment, and the democrats are deflecting and winning the quest for voters and low wage workers. 2020 will be the clincher. Illegal voters, dead voting, vote harvesting, elimination of the electoral collage, etc will stand that election on its head! It is only a matter of time before the US becomes like Europe.
There is a lot of truth in what you are saying,

The answer is better border legislation, border security through increased man power and technology, barriers only where warranted, and prosecution/deportation of those who come here illegally. Laws that make it easier for documented taxpaying aliens to obtain work permits/visas so that we know who is here and where they are domiciled.The genie is out of the bottle with drugs. Legalization, taxation and regulation of drugs is our best option, and has worked in other countries.

A wall down the length of the border or most of the border will not stop immigration by itself, and will unnecessarily infringe on the rights of property owners along the border. IMO.
Oldbear83
Opposing a border wall is like opposing school zones,

We need 'em, I don't give a rat's ass if you find them inconvenient.
YoakDaddy
Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

Because our crooked azz "low down legislators" are bought and paid for by cartels and other areas of illegal drug industry, and it's a massive payoff they receive

Thought I read somewhere where El Chapo ratted out govt officials on the take....I'll see if I can find that article.
Florda_mike
YoakDaddy said:

Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

Thought I read somewhere where El Chapo ratted out govt officials on the take....I'll see if I can find that article.

^^^ That would be helpful

PM me with names if you don't wanna post it here please
Florda_mike
YoakDaddy said:

Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

I'll guess it was huge majority of democrats if not ALL!

With a fairly large sprinkling of RINOS and establishment republicans

They ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GET BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED TO KEEP THE COVER

Different level of ..... "Downing the Duck!"
riflebear
quash said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

I don't think you did.
He's a headline kinda guy.
How can we keep up with 100,000s of illegals coming into our country every few months? Seriously, I'd like to hear your answer about this 'fake' crisis.

corncob pipe
"the system is overloaded" and that's the Alinsky way.
riflebear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.