This "border crisis" talk is dangerous for our democracy

70,407 Views | 693 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
BrooksBearLives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

Beto is not going to win ****. Let him come down to South Texas. He has no idea what he is saying. Come and take it!!! Beto

Ahhhh, he's been to all the counties in Texas. He's been to all the border counties. He lives in a border city. So you're wrong.

So what if he's been to every county. Last I saw Beto, he lost an election and was unemployed. And when he ran for senate, he didn't have the cojones to campaign on removing border protections.

Technically, what you said is 100% true.

You're right. Republicans in Texas should just completely ignore him. Your logic is completely sound. No reason to worry AT ALL.

I never said ignore. Thats your comment. If he'd have stated that 6 months ago when he was running, he'd have never gotten within 5 points of Cruz. By aligning himself with the far left, no borders crowd, he's taken Texas out of play for 2020 IMO.
What the **** are you even talking about? You have no idea what Beto's platform even was, it's obvious.

He wrote/co-sponsored multiple bills that would INCREASE border security and funding where it is ACTUALLY needed: in the Ports.

You are breath-takingly wrong.

And you are breathtakingly ignorant like your boy Beto. A link from the post above not only demonstrates his policy shift but also demonstrates his ignorance. Please find where during his recent senate campaign loss where he verbally campaigned on and stated that he'd tear down existing border walls. He couldn't because he'd have lost conservative democrat and independent votes. Like illegals, drug and sex traffickers slip through PoEs? I'm sure they do, but not like where there's no wall or barrier. Hahahaha!!!!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43517/watch-beto-calls-tearing-down-border-walls-ends-james-barrett

Did you even read that article?

I'm just trying to gauge whether you're intentionally ignorant, or just lazy.

I did. I wouldn't have referenced it if I hadn't.

beto's own words prove that walls work, "And it has pushed migrants and asylum seekers and refugees to the most inhospitable, the most hostile stretches of the U.S.-Mexico border, ensuring their suffering and death."

You should look in your mirror for ignorance and laziness.

I love mirrors.

If you'd actually read the article (and seen Dan Crenshaw's embedded tweet) you would notice that the steep decline of crossing the wall supposedly caused, started BEFORE they built the Wall.

If a wall through town has helped, the numbers don't support it. Actually, it's quite the contrary. Prior to the wall (and increased border laws), immigration was cyclical. Workers would cross, work for a season, and go home.

Now that it's difficult, they come, but then they bring their families and stay.

Walls don't work. At least not like you want them to.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

Roughly 80% of all voters say U.S. needs secure borders, including 68% of Democrats: Harvard poll

If you can't understand the difference between border security and a wall, then you deserve the ridicule you get.
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

Roughly 80% of all voters say U.S. needs secure borders, including 68% of Democrats: Harvard poll

If you can't understand the difference between border security and a wall, then you deserve the ridicule you get.

Do you think any of those 80% of all voters believe "border security =s border wall?" Perhaps you've earned ridicule?
Canada2017
Leaving for the El Paso farm Thursday morning 5:30am.

Will spend the night at the ranch of an old friend above La Luz, New Mexico. Jim and Barbara are in their mid eighties now.....always try to check on them .

Will make a point to re visit the Wall as it is only one mile from my place. Will try to take some pictures .

Despite all this silly chatter about El Paso's 'safety' ....I have no doubt 75% of the homes around Bowie High School ( south side) and Ysleta ( east side ) still have IRON BARS on their doors and windows. Somehow I doubt BETO lives in those areas .

Possibly will have lunch with a couple of buddies on the Border Patrol . Despite all of the silly chatter about ' if walls work or not' will try to get their updated view on things . Sure as hell know what their opinions were last year .

Then a meeting with my local attorney, then a wedding, then get the hell out of that stinking Juarez/El Paso smog .

God willing ....back in beautiful Colorado on Monday .
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Will spend the night at the ranch of an old friend above La Luz, New Mexico. Jim and Barbara are in their mid eighties now.....always try to check on them .

Will make a point to re visit the Wall as it is only one mile from my place. Will try to take some pictures .

Despite all this silly chatter about El Paso's 'safety' ....I have no doubt 75% of the homes around Bowie High School ( south side) and Ysleta ( east side ) still have IRON BARS on their doors and windows. Somehow I doubt BETO lives in those areas .

Possibly will have lunch with a couple of buddies on the Border Patrol . Despite all of the silly chatter about ' if walls work or not' will try to get their updated view on things . Sure as hell know what their opinions were last year .

Then a meeting with my local attorney, then a wedding, then get the hell out of that stinking Juarez/El Paso smog .

Safe travels and looking forward to your reports
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Thank you my friend.

10-12 hours each way. Love driving through the back roads of central New Mexico . Real pretty country . Unfortunately these days the smog from Juarez often extends over 100 miles north into the White Sands Missile Range .

Sad to see what's happened out there . Even worse ...sad to know what's happened to far West Texas has spread to the rest of the United States due to short sighted political expediency.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yep. Damn wets everywhere. Be sure and lock the doors on your F150 as you are driving.
YoakDaddy
BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

Beto is not going to win ****. Let him come down to South Texas. He has no idea what he is saying. Come and take it!!! Beto

Ahhhh, he's been to all the counties in Texas. He's been to all the border counties. He lives in a border city. So you're wrong.

So what if he's been to every county. Last I saw Beto, he lost an election and was unemployed. And when he ran for senate, he didn't have the cojones to campaign on removing border protections.

You're right. Republicans in Texas should just completely ignore him. Your logic is completely sound. No reason to worry AT ALL.

I never said ignore. Thats your comment. If he'd have stated that 6 months ago when he was running, he'd have never gotten within 5 points of Cruz. By aligning himself with the far left, no borders crowd, he's taken Texas out of play for 2020 IMO.
What the **** are you even talking about? You have no idea what Beto's platform even was, it's obvious.

He wrote/co-sponsored multiple bills that would INCREASE border security and funding where it is ACTUALLY needed: in the Ports.

And you are breathtakingly ignorant like your boy Beto. A link from the post above not only demonstrates his policy shift but also demonstrates his ignorance. Please find where during his recent senate campaign loss where he verbally campaigned on and stated that he'd tear down existing border walls. He couldn't because he'd have lost conservative democrat and independent votes. Like illegals, drug and sex traffickers slip through PoEs? I'm sure they do, but not like where there's no wall or barrier. Hahahaha!!!!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43517/watch-beto-calls-tearing-down-border-walls-ends-james-barrett

beto's own words prove that walls work, "And it has pushed migrants and asylum seekers and refugees to the most inhospitable, the most hostile stretches of the U.S.-Mexico border, ensuring their suffering and death."

I love mirrors.

If you'd actually read the article (and seen Dan Crenshaw's embedded tweet) you would notice that the steep decline of crossing the wall supposedly caused, started BEFORE they built the Wall.

If a wall through town has helped, the numbers don't support it. Actually, it's quite the contrary. Prior to the wall (and increased border laws), immigration was cyclical. Workers would cross, work for a season, and go home.

Now that it's difficult, they come, but then they bring their families and stay.

If walls don't work, then why does the graph demonstrate the wall's consistency in the reduction? Using the data you now reference, proves the point. Walls work. Always have, always will.
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Thank you my friend.

10-12 hours each way. Love driving through the back roads of central New Mexico . Real pretty country . Unfortunately these days the smog from Juarez often extends over 100 miles north into the White Sands Missile Range .

Sad to see what's happened out there . Even worse ...sad to know what's happened to far West Texas has spread to the rest of the United States due to short sighted political expediency.

Wow yes

I remember Ouray, Silverton area when younger and skiing at Tech(Purgatory)

Beautiful country for sure
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Thank you my friend.

Wow yes

I remember Ouray, Silverton area when younger and skiing at Tech(Purgatory)

Beautiful country for sure

Those towns are in southwestern Colorado surrounded by the rugged San Juan Mountains . Been to both a few times.

Quant enough in the summer....though can't imagine ever going through a winter in either .
BrooksBearLives
YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

If walls don't work, then why does the graph demonstrate the wall's consistency in the reduction? Using the data you now reference, proves the point. Walls work. Always have, always will.

First off, the drop started BEFORE the wall. Not after. It merely continued to drop (almost as if the wall wasn't there at all).

Walls. Do. Not. Work. Not on the scale of the 2,000 miles needed to complete this. Don't ask me. The super liberal Cato Institute [sarcasm] has weighed in on this they're pretty unequivocal that the wall is a bad idea.

No one on the border wants it (Will Hurd, anyone?).
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Duh! Of course. I want secure borders - drug and human traffickers need to be stopped. Undocumented crossers need to checked. Walls not so much. They don't work.
Canada2017
chuckle

And of course with all these opinions about whether or not walls 'work'.....why are the voices of the Border Patrol agents ignored ?

They certainly know more than anyone else .
BrooksBearLives
Canada2017 said:

chuckle

And of course with all these opinions about whether or not walls 'work'.....why are the voices of the Border Patrol agents ignored ?

Lol. The cooks at Shipley's will all tell you breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Lol. The cooks at Shipley's will all tell you breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

That is an absolutely ridiculous deflection .

Imagine you and a couple of your rough/tough graduate school buddies doing a night patrol 50 miles from anywhere along the Texas-Mexico border .

Approach a column of 5-10 suspected illegals in the pitch black darkness .

The whole time wondering if they are harmless job seekers or extremely well armed drug smugglers...who wouldn't hesitate to blow your head off. Got 15 seconds to decide on your possibly life saving action ...knowing full
well if you are wrong.......you will be blasted across the country as a racist or worse .

Yeah ....just like kitchen cooks .
YoakDaddy
BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

First off, the drop started BEFORE the wall. Not after. It merely continued to drop (almost as if the wall wasn't there at all).

Walls. Do. Not. Work. Not on the scale of the 2,000 miles needed to complete this. Don't ask me. The super liberal Cato Institute [sarcasm] has weighed in on this they're pretty unequivocal that the wall is a bad idea.

Of course walls work. Look throughout history...even now around Israel. Using Cato data proves nothing. They're libertarian (not super liberal) with a totally, completely free-market agenda with zero regulation that wants cheap labor (I know because I worked for Koch and they started Cato). Will Hurd? Shlt, his district is 2/3 Hispanic at least. You bet he's gonna be against a wall.
Jack and DP
Why would we want to keep this out?

https://nypost.com/2019/02/19/womans-head-found-with-note-my-husband-refused-to-pay-ransom/
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

My Hispanic family in Harlingen wants it and the other part of my family in El Paso wants it.
Canada2017
My friends in southern New Mexico want the Wall.

Have no doubt 70-80% of the El Paso farmers , ranchers and growers I know want the Wall.

Will ask some other folks while I'm down there .

Forest Bueller
Sam Lowry said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Young Justin is gonna be sad!

Gonna be a lot of sad to go around when a Democrat in the White House looks around and sees emergencies everywhere.
Why isnt there more sad now when a republican actually doing it?
Because the Republican isn't a left wing lunatic and the wall is something no one really had a problem with until about ten minutes ago.
This is true, one year ago it was considered very sensible and a bill with 25 billion appropriated for the wall was set to go.
quash
fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

He also says that the wall works in El Paso...so there's that.
He says that it doesn't... so there's that.
If he had stopped there, he might've been okay; instead, he continued and ended up accidentally making the case for those who argue that walls do in fact work: "And it has pushed migrants and asylum seekers and refugees to the most inhospitable, the most hostile stretches of the U.S.-Mexico border, ensuring their suffering and death."

In other words, the walls do deter illegal crossings where they are built. It's also worth noting that those "asylum seekers" O'Rourke references would be deliberately attempting to cross at illegal points instead of seeking out legal ports of entry where they would apply for asylum. In other words, they are not would-be "asylum seekers" by definition: they are would-be illegal aliens
Work = dead people.

Ok pal.
Surely your're not that off. He's saying that the wall prevents people from crossing so they try to cross at more dangerous places where there is no wall.

Don't be blinded by politics.
That's an argument against it, not for it.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Of course walls work. Look throughout history...even now around Israel. Using Cato data proves nothing. They're libertarian (not super liberal) with a totally, completely free-market agenda with zero regulation that wants cheap labor (I know because I worked for Koch and they started Cato). Will Hurd? Shlt, his district is 2/3 Hispanic at least. You bet he's gonna be against a wall.
Why does being Libertarian mean that the data means nothing? Libertarians add 2 and 2 and get four.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

My Hispanic family in Harlingen wants it and the other part of my family in El Paso wants it.

My family in El Paso thinks it's stupid.

So I guess we cancel each other out? It's almost like anecdotal evidence doesn't have a lot of use.
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

So I guess we cancel each other out? It's almost like anecdotal evidence doesn't have a lot of use.

Really ?

What part of El Paso does your family live in ?
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He!! he lies like all the rest of em

He has no fam in El Paso
YoakDaddy
quash said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Why does being Libertarian mean that the data means nothing? Libertarians add 2 and 2 and get four.

Because I used to work for Koch Industries and I know they bankroll Cato and I also know that Charles loves cheap labor. A wall is literally a wall keeping out cheap labor. That's their angle.

BTW....I loved working for KII for those 6 years because they were libertarian such that they wanted govt out of business issues, but they didn't pay worth shlt so I had to leave despite being in my home territory.
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

If the grad student says he has family in El Paso....I believe him.

Just curious where. Maybe we are neighbors.
BrooksBearLives
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

They used to live in a giant house with a view of the mountains with the writing in stones? My uncle was a season ticket holder for Utep (poor guy). I know my cousins went to Coronado? Any time I tell people that they get all "oh, they're rich."

They were. After my uncle died last year, my aunt moved to a smaller house right next to a High School that's like 4-5 miles from the airport. Like, it's a straight shot due west, I think? And then you turn left when you see a newish center for the arts.

I can ask, if you really care. 90% of my family is from rural Illinois or Chicago. They were the only Texans I knew before I went to Baylor.
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

They used to live in a giant house with a view of the mountains with the writing in stones? My uncle was a season ticket holder for Utep (poor guy). I know my cousins went to Coronado? Any time I tell people that they get all "oh, they're rich."

They were. After my uncle died last year, my aunt moved to a smaller house right next to a High School that's like 4-5 miles from the airport. Like, it's a straight shot due west, I think? And then you turn left when you see a newish center for the arts.

I can ask, if you really care. 90% of my family is from rural Illinois or Chicago. They were the only Texans I knew before I went to Baylor.

OK your late Uncle lived in the Coronado ( West Side ) area.

Probably the 'best' area of El Paso ...at least has fewer incidents of burglary and gang activity .

The wedding I'm attending this Saturday is the daughter of a long time friend of mine who was the Ag teacher at Coronado High School for over 25 years .

Wedding will be at Cattleman's Steak House 30 miles east of El Paso out in the middle of the desert. But the best steaks I've ever had outside of Las Vegas .

Did your family say why they are against the wall ?
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

He also says that the wall works in El Paso...so there's that.
He says that it doesn't... so there's that.
If he had stopped there, he might've been okay; instead, he continued and ended up accidentally making the case for those who argue that walls do in fact work: "And it has pushed migrants and asylum seekers and refugees to the most inhospitable, the most hostile stretches of the U.S.-Mexico border, ensuring their suffering and death."

In other words, the walls do deter illegal crossings where they are built. It's also worth noting that those "asylum seekers" O'Rourke references would be deliberately attempting to cross at illegal points instead of seeking out legal ports of entry where they would apply for asylum. In other words, they are not would-be "asylum seekers" by definition: they are would-be illegal aliens
Work = dead people.

Ok pal.
Surely your're not that off. He's saying that the wall prevents people from crossing so they try to cross at more dangerous places where there is no wall.

Don't be blinded by politics.
That's an argument against it, not for it.
No, you see the wall prevents people from coming here illegally so they go other places...hence, more wall, less places.
BrooksBearLives
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

Probably the 'best' area of El Paso ...at least has fewer incidents of burglary and gang activity .

The wedding I'm attending this Saturday is the daughter of a long time friend of mine who was the Ag teacher at Coronado High School for over 25 years .

Wedding will be at Cattleman's Steak House 30 miles east of El Paso out in the middle of the desert. But the best steaks I've ever had outside of Las Vegas .

My aunt lives in Cielo Vista, but the old house was in the Upper Valley. (I just asked her).

They're Shi-Ite Catholics (most of my family is) and just felt it was wrong-headed way to approach things. Walls only make you "feel" better. My uncle could be a little racist (especially against Vietnamese -but that was the War) but he had a big heart and was really generous.

One of my Aunts (a different one) would work a contract job and save every dime she had for 2 years (she was a literal genius) and then take every dime and go into Mexico and work with Mexican widows teaching them how to sew until she'd spent every bit of money she had, and then we'd go get her and 3 animals she'd rescued in a van and come back. She was certifiable.

But she lived what she preached, I guess.

My El Paso aunt finally retired a couple years ago.

Oh! I'm also friends with the son and daughter of the O'Neill's who just retired from Ysleta ISD. The daughter went to Baylor and I dated one of her friends for a bit.

Tiny world.
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

My aunt lives in Cielo Vista, but the old house was in the Upper Valley. (I just asked her).

They're Shi-Ite Catholics (most of my family is) and just felt it was wrong-headed way to approach things. Walls only make you "feel" better. My uncle could be a little racist (especially against Vietnamese -but that was the War) but he had a big heart and was really generous.

One of my Aunts (a different one) would work a contract job and save every dime she had for 2 years (she was a literal genius) and then take every dime and go into Mexico and work with Mexican widows teaching them how to sew until she'd spent every bit of money she had, and then we'd go get her and 3 animals she'd rescued in a van and come back. She was certifiable.

Oh! I'm also friends with the son and daughter of the O'Neill's who just retired from Ysleta ISD. The daughter went to Baylor and I dated one of her friends for a bit.

Tiny world.

What is a Shi-lte Catholic ? Honestly have no idea.

My wife taught at Riverside High School and Austin High School before our children were born . Was the research entomologist at the A&M Ag Station on the east side of town . Then bought a farm off of North Loop...one mile from the Zaragoza International Bridge .

Left for Colorado when the air pollution got so bad 2 of my 3 kids were developing respiratory problems . One was very serious .

BrooksBearLives
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

Tiny world.

My wife taught at Riverside High School and Austin High School before our children were born . Was the research entomologist at the A&M Ag Station on the east side of town . Then bought a farm off of North Loop...one mile from the Zaragoza International Bridge .

Left for Colorado when the air pollution got so bad 2 of my 3 kids were developing respiratory problems . One was very serious .

It's -now that I think about it- a culturally insensitive way of saying they where hard-core Catholics. Picture of JohnPaul2 in most rooms of the house. My father became a deacon in the church after the 4th heart attack made him retire from the State of Illinois. He hated working for the state. Best years of his life were when he was a deacon. He and mom would go around the council doing cooking demonstrations for Boy Scout Troops (we were -and are- a Scouting Family). He did it literally until the day he died.

It's funny. One of the last conversations we had was about me getting my PhD. He was like "so... you're going to be a doctor after all?"

I was like "that's the hope."

Him: "that's great. A doctor. But, yknow, not the kind that helps people..."

He was a funny dude, my dad.

Sorry for the overshare. It was nice to talk about him. I miss him everyday.

Now. I have a paper on the 1st Amendment on College Campuses to write!

I'm really sorry to hear about the health issues. Hopefully Colorado cleated that up. I LOVE Colorado. Going on vacation there this summer.
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Really ?

He has no fam in El Paso

Tiny world.

It's -now that I think about it- a culturally insensitive way of saying they where hard-core Catholics. Picture of JohnPaul2 in most rooms of the house. My father became a deacon in the church after the 4th heart attack made him retire from the State of Illinois. He hated working for the state. Best years of his life were when he was a deacon. He and mom would go around the council doing cooking demonstrations for Boy Scout Troops (we were -and are- a Scouting Family). He did it literally until the day he died.

It's funny. One of the last conversations we had was about me getting my PhD. He was like "so... you're going to be a doctor after all?"

I was like "that's the hope."

Him: "that's great. A doctor. But, yknow, not the kind that helps people..."

He was a funny dude, my dad.

Sorry for the overshare. It was nice to talk about him. I miss him everyday.

Now. I have a paper on the 1st Amendment on College Campuses to write!

I'm really sorry to hear about the health issues. Hopefully Colorado cleated that up. I LOVE Colorado. Going on vacation there this summer.

^^^ Proof how talking radically about politics can and does ruin potential friendships

This is the human side of BBL that I've occasionally heard from him and makes him lovable. Unfortunately when today's radically opposing politics gets involved then all this "human side" goes out the door

God bless you as you grieve the loss of your Dad, BBL. Been there in youth, and done that too
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

BrooksBearLives said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Wichitabear said:

I love mirrors.

Libertarians have agendas just like Rs and Ds. Replacing an R or D with an L next to a name doesn't suddenly make that person agenda-free.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.