This "border crisis" talk is dangerous for our democracy

70,390 Views | 693 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Young Justin is gonna be sad!

Gonna be a lot of sad to go around when a Democrat in the White House looks around and sees emergencies everywhere.
And that's the difference between liberals and conservatives. You are trying to exploit this for future political gain instead of fixing the problem. I'm not saying you are wrong because we know that's exactly what the Dems will do but the title of this thread is hilarious. You are more worried about the 'talk' or terminology of this crisis instead of the actual crisis.
riflebear
Florda_mike
Gotta get me some dimcrat votas!

Bring em from anywhere's at all

Burn down da cundry but get me some dimcrat votas

Too many leavin da plantation, needs me mo dimcrats
riflebear
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

If we started arresting every single person who sped on I-35, the jails would be overrun pretty quickly.
Speeders very seldom murder cops. Kind of a big difference there ...

Undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit a crime than citizens. If reducing cop murders is really your concern, then statistically speaking, you should concentrate citizens, first.

Also, it has literally never been safer to be a human being on earth in the history of the world.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/28/steven_pinker_now_is_a_great_time_to_be_alive.html

It's safer to be a cop as well.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2016/8/13/17938238/police-officer-on-duty-deaths-killings

And all of this is fantastic news. Don't let fear drive you to oppress.
Wrong. Mixing illegals with legit immigrants does not suddenly make illegals 'good citizens'.

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?
Pretending police are safe allowing illegals in here is hating cops. Pretty basic, that.

Lol... what? You been drinking?

Is ignoring empirical data because the people are brown racist?
I pay attention to police funerals. I note who murdered them.

False-conclusion push polls and studies are no comfort to widows.

Ah. The "fake news" argument. Gotcha.

It is amazing the lengths some will allow their tribalism to push them to avoid having to reconcile facts that contradict beliefs.

I have no doubt you pay attention to police funerals. I just wish you'd give non anecdotal information the same attention.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

[in a singing voice] the drugs are coming through the portsssssss. A wall won't ****ing fix it. Dooo-dooo-doooooooo [/singing voice]
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Gonna be a lot of sad to go around when a Democrat in the White House looks around and sees emergencies everywhere.
And that's the difference between liberals and conservatives. You are trying to exploit this for future political gain instead of fixing the problem. I'm not saying you are wrong because we know that's exactly what the Dems will do but the title of this thread is hilarious. You are more worried about the 'talk' or terminology of this crisis instead of the actual crisis.

As opposed to using a created problem to fix one that mostly existed years ago?

Interesting take.
Florda_mike
riflebear said:

Pretty safe to say Rep Mike Rogers bank accounts have not yet expanded due to drug cartel "donations" as of this hearing

Others beside him? Not so much!
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Interesting take.
What 'created' problem are you talking about? The same CRISIS at the border Obama Hillary & all the other Dems admitted there was a few years ago? That 'created' problem?
Florda_mike
In time it took me to listen to that video and post BBL had poste 3 friggin times!

What's his problem?
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

If we started arresting every single person who sped on I-35, the jails would be overrun pretty quickly.

Undocumented immigrants are less likely to commit a crime than citizens. If reducing cop murders is really your concern, then statistically speaking, you should concentrate citizens, first.

Also, it has literally never been safer to be a human being on earth in the history of the world.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/28/steven_pinker_now_is_a_great_time_to_be_alive.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2016/8/13/17938238/police-officer-on-duty-deaths-killings

Wrong. Mixing illegals with legit immigrants does not suddenly make illegals 'good citizens'.

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?
Pretending police are safe allowing illegals in here is hating cops. Pretty basic, that.

It is amazing the lengths some will allow their tribalism to push them to avoid having to reconcile facts that contradict beliefs.

I have no doubt you pay attention to police funerals. I just wish you'd give non anecdotal information the same attention.
I noticed you ignored the widows, and instead defaulted to a cheap-shot dismissal of the problem.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Florda_mike
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Interesting take.
What 'created' problem are you talking about? The same CRISIS at the border Obama Hillary & all the other Dems admitted there was a few years ago? That 'created' problem?

That was before crackhead obama taught pill popping Hillary and other spaced out Dems how to extort $ from cartels a few years ago
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

You *******s on here feel good about making my generation pay for 2000+ new illegal immigrants coming through this country every ****ing day?

**** you guys. I'm going to have to live through a major depression at some point in my life while y'all will be dead having never experienced the hardships I will absolutely go through.

Um... guys. He's cursing.

Old bear and DC are going to be like, SO MAD, dude.

chuckle

OK rep point coming your way for the humor..

But Doc is most likely correct. Only a fool would believe the United States could employ, educate and provide the social services required ......

for the 10's of millions of impoverished central and South Americans who would most certainly immigrate here if allowed to do so .

With respect, the number coming has been dropping to the current point being the lowest in decades. We actually have a SHORTAGE of workers willing to do the jobs they do that fulfill REAL need for our economy.

This idea that "we can't handle them" is without basis in fact.
From NYTimes

Border at 'Breaking Point' as More than 76,000 Migrants Cross in a Month

The number of migrant families crossing the southwest border has once again broken records, with unauthorized entries nearly doubling what they were a year ago, suggesting that the Trump administration's aggressive policies have not discouraged new migration to the United States.
More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year highand a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.
"The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point," Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.
The nation's top border enforcement officer painted a picture of processing centers filled to capacity, border agents struggling to meet medical needs and thousands of exhausted members of migrant families crammed into a detention system that was not built to house them all while newcomers continue to arrive, sometimes by the busload, at the rate of 2,200 a day.
That is largely a function of policy decisions. It is a crisis only because this administration decided to create one.You

Add more immigration judges. Move personnel from checkpoints well inside the birder. Revive the Bracero program.
I don't disagree, but that doesn't diminish the threat.

Correcting policy, adding judges and reviving the Bracero program will take months/years.
contrario
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Interesting take.
NYT says the border crossings are at a breaking point. Are they part of Trump's plan to create the problem?
riflebear
And this is the #1 reason the Dems don't want to do anything about it.

BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Interesting take.

You do realize that situations change, right?

Just checking. Because I am wondering if i should still be worried about the Prussians.
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?

I noticed you ignored the widows, and instead defaulted to a cheap-shot dismissal of the problem.

If you ACTUALLY cared about them, then you'd be looking for all relevant information on the dangers instead of skipping the links you've been provided and dismissing them as "push polls."
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?

If you ACTUALLY cared about them, then you'd be looking for all relevant information on the dangers instead of skipping the links you've been provided and dismissing them as "push polls."
Seriously?

Listen, just because you post something you like,

1 - does not obligate anyone to read it,
2- does not mean it's true just because you like it

Polls are opinion snapshots, and are subject to a lot of variance. How questions are worded, in what order and in relation to what person all matter, and that does not even touch the demographics used. Most polls focus on urban areas, because that's the easiest way to get a lot of responses, but such polls are often garbage for reliability. The whole reason both Trump and Clinton used their own internal poll groups, was because they knew the media-supported polls were not reliable.

Illegals murder cops. That's a fact.

Sucks for you but denying does not make you look smarter.

Every LEO I know wants illegals caught and taken off the street. It's not because they are 'racist' or any of that kind of crap, but because cops know illegals get involved in gangs and commit violent crimes.

Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Interesting take.

You do realize that situations change, right?

Just checking. Because I am wondering if i should still be worried about the Prussians.
Prussians, Russians, you guys on the left always look for the wrong threats to worry about.
corncob pipe
Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I've been trying to explain this to him forever.

He doesn't care about the results...only the process.
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Stop hating cops, 'k?

Um. What?

Like how you don't acknowledge that we have a border crisis because deep down you realize how beneficial illegal immigration is to the Democratic party.
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I, and the LP, have proposed solutions that will work.

And terminology matters: this is not a crisis of drugs, or crime, refugees. It is a policy cluster****. A wall or nothing approach misses the point.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

And terminology matters: this is not a crisis of drugs, or crime, refugees. It is a policy cluster****. A wall or nothing approach misses the point.
What do you not understand about both parties unifying in lock step to perpetuate illegal immigration?

Your solutions are NEVER going to be considered. They're not realistic with an elite class of corrupt politicians doing everything they can to create problems so they can acquire power and money.

This is the world we live in. Your solution might work...but you don't understand what the fight really is about.
Canada2017
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

[in a singing voice] the drugs are coming through the portsssssss. A wall won't ****ing fix it. Dooo-dooo-doooooooo [/singing voice]

Why would you be against anything that would reduce the illicit importation of narcotics into the US ?

Narcotics that are killing thousands of our citizens every year.

If you wish to argue efficiency......fine .

But 6 billion is burned annually just for another nuclear aircraft carrier .

Build 6 less B-2 bombers or 10 less destroyers.....take the cash out of the military budget. But let's at least try to reduce the drug carnage raging throughout our country .

riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Did you just say this isn't a crime of drugs or crime or refugees? What is it a crisis of then? Do you even read the posts from boots on the ground and the amount of drugs being smuggled in that are detained (and those are just the ones they catch)

Why are liberals OK with drugs and crime coming into our country just to win votes? At what expense and how many crimes & deaths are you OK with building your voting block? That is flat out INSANE. and please give us your 'solutions'?
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Why would you be against anything that would reduce the illicit importation of narcotics into the US ?

Narcotics that are killing thousands of our citizens every year.

If you wish to argue efficiency......fine .

But 6 billion is burned annually just for another nuclear aircraft carrier .

Build 6 less B-2 bombers or 10 less destroyers.....take the cash out of the military budget. But let's at least try to reduce the drug carnage raging throughout our country .

Because

Democrat power > reality.
Doc Holliday
DHS Predicts 1 Million Illegal Aliens Will Try to Cross the Border This Year
Florda_mike
corncob pipe said:

What a change

Obama was against all of those!
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Did you just say this isn't a crime of drugs or crime or refugees? What is it a crisis of then? Do you even read the posts from boots on the ground and the amount of drugs being smuggled in that are detained (and those are just the ones they catch)

Why are liberals OK with drugs and crime coming into our country just to win votes? At what expense and how many crimes & deaths are you OK with building your voting block? That is flat out INSANE. and please give us your 'solutions'?

As I said, it is a policy cluster****, not a crisis. And the wall makes it worse. There are solutions, but your party wants nothing to do with them. Just look at what happened in the last Congress: immigration reform came forward via thre different bills. Trump flirted with each of them and then stood them all up at the altar. He created the appearance of a crisis. For votes. Real, American votes. How cynical and ... sad!

My party does not stand to gain votes from undocumented workers.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
quash said:

As I said, it is a policy cluster****, not a crisis. And the wall makes it worse.
How would a wall make it worse?
Sam Lowry
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Did you just say this isn't a crime of drugs or crime or refugees? What is it a crisis of then?
Law enforcement. As in, Trump insists on actually doing it.
Doc Holliday
1,000,000 invaders in a single year, most of whom get to stay (catch-and-release), is more than the population of six states (Delaware, South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, Wyoming).

How can anyone believe this isn't a HUGE problem?!
quash
Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Did you just say this isn't a crime of drugs or crime or refugees? What is it a crisis of then?
Law enforcement. As in, Trump insists on actually doing it.
That's not actually true. If it were he would enforce the law where it would do the most good: on employers.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

1,000,000 invaders in a single year, most of whom get to stay (catch-and-release), is more than the population of six states (Delaware, South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, Wyoming).

How can anyone believe this isn't a HUGE problem?!
Start by changing from "invaders" to "workers". Problem shrinks to statistical insignificance. Anecdotal crises, but statistical insignificance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.