Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

105,742 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redshirt frosh...so these are CMR recruits

Sexual assault report involving BU athletes investigated

Rissa ShawThu 9:42 PM, Feb 15, 2018
WACO, Texas (KWTX) At least two redshirt Baylor football players are being investigated in connection with a sexual assault report involving members of the school's Equestrian team, according to several sources with direct knowledge of the situation.

The incident allegedly occurred at the University Parks Apartments near campus overnight on Nov. 11 into the early morning hours of Nov. 12 after the Baylor football team lost to Texas Tech at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

Baylor's online crime log says the incident was reported on Nov. 14 as "Alcohol-Minors Consuming/Sexual Assault," and was referred to the school's Judicial Affairs and Title IX offices, but two heavily redacted police reports obtained by KWTX say only that campus officers took a report of a sexual assault.

Those reports are both dated Nov. 17.

The discrepancy isn't explained.

The reportsone an incident report and the other a criminal case reportidentify the complainant as Jane Doe 2 and the victim as Jane Doe.

Both are students and four to five sources familiar with the incident say both are members of the schools equestrian team.

The reports indicate four suspects were interviewedall of them students.

At least two of them were redshirt football players, the sources say.

No arrests have been made and no charges have been filed, but the reports indicate the investigation is active.

The criminal case report indicates that pictures and images were taken into evidence, and sources say that video was recorded of the incident and may have been posted on social media.

That video, the sources say, is now in the hands of Title IX investigators at the university.

KWTX asked the school to confirm that, but we haven't gotten an answer.

The reports also show that at least four witnesses identified as Baylor faculty or staff members were interviewed.

We asked the university whether those individuals were athletic department employees, but did not get a direct answer.

The university also has not answered a question about the status of the two players, who, as redshirts, would not have been on the field, but typically would have stood on the sidelines at home games.

Jason Cook, Baylor University VP Marketing & Communications, sent an email to KWTX via e-mail late Thursday night apologizing for the delayed response, and said "Your questions below involve federal guidelines related to student privacy and confidentiality; thus, we are unable to address them at this time."

After the incident was reported, Baylor played Iowa State at home on Nov.18 before finishing the season at TCU on Nov. 25.

The two redacted reports with which we were provided in response to an open records request didn't come directly from the university, but instead through an Austin law firm, Bickerstaff-Heath-Delgado-Acosta.

The law firm said that's standard practice.

The firm's website says its services include advising clients on open records requests involving sensitive information.
BylrFan
fdsiojiopsdjfsdf
NoBSU
Lying horses, right Robe.
80sBEAR
Never saw that comin'! LOL!!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
So does the B12 now get to hold 50% of our money?
80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

Lying horses, right Robe.
Robe and I both told you about this story during football season. Most here chose to ignore or deny. You should really go. BOR member's member needs some attention.
-- Dr. David Garland
Yogi
CMR needs to go.

No room for bad dudes on the Baylor campus and no use for coaches who knowingly bring them on.

This should open a couple of scholarships. No way these guys don't get expelled. I know it's college, but you've got to know that if you are anywhere near sex or alcohol, you could wind up being kicked out.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
boognish_bear
Can we get Rodney Anderson's lawyer down here?
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
So does this mean we can finally bring back Briles?
boognish_bear
Can someone please forward this to President Livingstone? I think we get half off on the second visit

PartyBear
What is the status of the players with the team? Under Briles they never put on a uniform again. These guys still on the team? Suspended? No action taken over the past 3 months? How has the current staff handled this?
boognish_bear
Will we get a "trust the process" quote from CMR out of this?
Dungeon Athletics
boognish_bear said:

Redshirt frosh...so these are CMR recruits

Nah, only Briles would recruit players that do this kind of stuff. Must've gray-shirted in 2016.
boognish_bear
CarelessBear
Are you kidding me?????????? These are rhules kids????
Chanceux
It's February. If they have a video of an alleged sexual assault shouldn't this be cleared up by now? Shouldn't take 3 months to deal with something if it's clear cut.
boognish_bear
Chanceux said:

It's February. If they have a video of an alleged sexual assault shouldn't this be cleared up by now? Shouldn't take 3 months to deal with something if it's clear cut.

With the microscope we are under I can't belive this stayed under wraps for almost 3 months
RealLarryDon
By referring to them as redshirt freshmen, doesn't that almost get close to identifying? I thought we played almost 80 to 85% of the freshmen this year.
boognish_bear
Surprised that BU hasn't already come out with some type of response before this starts spiraling out of control in the media.

Surely they have a response prepared...
oldbear69

jane doe 1 and 2...equestrian team...have we gone full blown aggy???
dindtx
Eight RS-FR on official BU 2017 football roster: Allen Anderson, Chad Kelly, Michael McNair, Jairon McVea, Russell Morrison, Raleigh Texada, Peter Webster, Deonte Williams.
BrutalBear
dindtx said:

Eight RS-FR on official BU 2017 football roster: Allen Anderson, Chad Kelly, Michael McNair, Jairon McVea, Russell Morrison, Raleigh Texada, Peter Webster, Deonte Williams.
From what I'm hearing it's not rape, but more so improper recording and distribution of a consensual sexual encounter. However, none of these players listed are worth getting tarred and feathered again. They should be nowhere near the campus or the team. Kick them the **** off. What a bunch of bone heads.
boognish_bear
This is great timing for OTL...since MSU kicked them to the curb they will be happy to have their willing dance partner back.
80sBEAR
BrutalBear said:

dindtx said:

From what I'm hearing it's not rape, but more so improper recording and distribution of a consensual sexual encounter. However, none of these players listed are worth getting tarred and feathered again. They should be nowhere near the campus or the team. Kick them the **** off. What a bunch of bone heads.
So if they were star players it would be okay and they should stay?
-- Dr. David Garland
PartyBear
BrutalBear said:

dindtx said:

The question is why didn't that happen in November if it didn't happen.
boognish_bear

DustyM
Drunken hookup @ old main said:

So does this mean we can finally bring back Briles?
NOPE, just means that RR is still running the show and no Briles to blame it on.
Robemcdo
Didn't someone mention this possibility several months ago?

I asked a few days ago why I was suddenly attacked out of nowhere cover a three month old post. I suggested something must be afoot .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15CO0s4HJQbfzFRYlxx6-P8iW0LitG3E2
Robemcdo
boognish_bear said:

Surprised that BU hasn't already come out with some type of response before this starts spiraling out of control in the media.

Surely they have a response prepared...

I'm sure it will involve placing the blame on the former athletic director
Jacques Strap
I think it's only fair we fire the President, AD and HFC and bring Grobe back. If this happened in Nov. and they were not kicked out of school then it's clearly a cover up. Also need to release all the HS seniors who signed committments so they can enroll elsewhere next year.
Stranger
As you know, I'm no fan of little mediocre Matty. I've been hearing for months that the culture had not changed one iota under his regime.
I'm a Bearbacker
YoakDaddy
boognish_bear said:

Chanceux said:

With the microscope we are under I can't belive this stayed under wraps for almost 3 months

80s noted this incident back in December. There were many on here who refused to believe it.
YoakDaddy
But but but we went 1-11 for this to all go away.....

The culture at the top must go. Until the BOFR goes and the entrenched VPs in Pat Neff go, the same rotten culture will continue.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Lord I hope we do not hear of Baylor leadership invoking Christianity as an explanation/excuse for how this situation is handled or not handled.
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.