Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,393 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stranger said:

As you know, I'm no fan of little mediocre Matty. I've been hearing for months that the culture had not changed one iota under his regime.

Well... except the culture of winning was eliminated and for no reason at all apparently.
Friscobear
It's not that these things are never going to happen or that the culture hasn't changed.

It's how Baylor handled the situation when it was reported.

We'll see if there have been meaningful changes now.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
PartyBear
Of course. However how the staff handles it is relevant as well. Are the players still on the team still part of the program (well were they until late last night)? If so why had nothing been done by the staff regarding who is on its team while this is pending?

None of these reports mention any action taken by the staff regarding the players and I would think that is one of the first things they would point out to get into these news reports. So that there would be mention that the players have been suspended since Nov 25th or something like that. The fact that the staff or Baylor has not response like this indicates that perhaps this staff has done nothing unlike the old staff which suspended etc in these situations.
Friscobear
PartyBear said:

Of course. However how the staff handles it is relevant as well. Are the players still on the team still part of the program (well were they until late last night)? If so why had nothing been done by the staff regarding who is on its team while this is pending?
Of course it is relevant how the staff handled it as well. Like I said, we'll find out if there were meaningful changes made once more information comes out.

Right now we don't know how it was handled, but it's quite possible that it was handled correctly.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
Robemcdo
Friscobear said:

PartyBear said:

Of course it is relevant how the staff handled it as well. Like I said, we'll find out if there were meaningful changes made once more information comes out.

Right now we don't know how it was handled, but it's quite possible that it was handled correctly.

If correctly means kicking two of arts players to the curb and burying it as lack of preparation discipline then it was handled correctly
Keyser Soze
Friscobear said:

It's not that these things are never going to happen or that the culture hasn't changed.

That is the point ..... so missed by so many

Booray
Suppose Matt Ruhle says "I was made aware of the situation. That is something for judicial affairs, campus police and Waco police to handle. When those agencies complete their investigation we will abide by their findings, no matter what they are."

How is that different than what CAB did?
Keyser Soze
Booray said:

Suppose Matt Ruhle says "I was made aware of the situation. That is something for judicial affairs, campus police and Waco police to handle. When those agencies complete their investigation we will abide by their findings, no matter what they are."

On April 8, 2011, after a freshman defensive tackle was cited for illegal consumption of alcohol, Coach Briles sent a text message to an assistant coach: "Hopefully he's under radar enough they won't recognize name did he get ticket from Baylor police or Waco? Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks...."

On May 14, 2014, after Coach Briles learned from an assistant coach that a player had been caught selling drugs, he texted: "I'm hoping it will take care of itself if not we can discuss best way to move on it." The offense was never reported to Judicial Affairs and Coach Briles arranged for the player to transfer to another school. The assistant coach texted: "Him just hanging around Waco scares me. [Another school] will take him. Knows baggage

Booray
Keyser Soze said:

Booray said:

On April 8, 2011, after a freshman defensive tackle was cited for illegal consumption of alcohol, Coach Briles sent a text message to an assistant coach: "Hopefully he's under radar enough they won't recognize name did he get ticket from Baylor police or Waco? Just trying to keep him away from our judicial affairs folks...."

On May 14, 2014, after Coach Briles learned from an assistant coach that a player had been caught selling drugs, he texted: "I'm hoping it will take care of itself if not we can discuss best way to move on it." The offense was never reported to Judicial Affairs and Coach Briles arranged for the player to transfer to another school. The assistant coach texted: "Him just hanging around Waco scares me. [Another school] will take him. Knows baggage

1. You do know that there is a difference between having a beer and sexual assault?

2. You are complaining that he got rid of a bad influence player while giving full disclosure to the new team?

LOL.
CBallard
There was a reason Rhule was interviewing with the Colts and I.
Bona Fide Bear
It's amazing how many of you are missing the point. These kinds of things are going to happen at every school. But what Briles did wrong is he let sexual assault allegations that he was made aware of never leave his office (or people within his staff). And tangently, Briles May have taken higher risk chances on guys. So unless Rhule tried to hide these allegations and unless Rhule brought in guys with questionable character, the situations aren't the same. Plain and simple.
YoakDaddy
I wonder if they were suspended from team activities pending the outcome of the T9 investigation or law enforcement investigation? If that did happen, then I'd expect Baylor to say so....if it didn't happen, Baylor silence? Just posing questions....Baylor has no choice but to be forthcoming; however, I think my expectations are too high.
Robemcdo
Bona Fide Bear said:

It's amazing how many of you are missing the point. These kinds of things are going to happen at every school. But what Briles did wrong is he let sexual assault allegations that he was made aware of never leave his office (or people within his staff). And tangently, Briles May have taken higher risk chances on guys. So unless Rhule tried to hide these allegations and unless Rhule brought in guys with questionable character, the situations aren't the same. Plain and simple.

And simply not true
BaylorBJM
CBallard said:

There was a reason Rhule was interviewing with the Colts and I.

Yea! You should totally start a thread about it too!!!!!!!!!!
Booray
Bona Fide Bear said:

List them.
REX
Bona Fide Bear said:

What?
Are we just making stuff up now? Really
Doc Holliday
Hey BOR. 19 year old kids are horny AF.

Quit trying to protect the "muh baptists do no wrong" image by blaming everyone but yourselves.
Keyser Soze
Booray said:

Keyser Soze said:

Booray said:

1. You do know that there is a difference between having a beer and sexual assault?

2. You are complaining that he got rid of a bad influence player while giving full disclosure to the new team?

LOL.
Nope

Much like lies, once you get caught telling a bunch of them, it becomes hard to know when you are telling the truth.

The list of things not reported to JA is fairly long and includes assaults.

Is there anything the current staff knew about and didn't report? That is what you need to compare apples to apples.

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Doc Holliday said:

Quit trying to protect the "muh baptists do no wrong" image by blaming everyone but yourselves.
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
jrstrat
dindtx said:

Eight RS-FR on official BU 2017 football roster: Allen Anderson, Chad Kelly, Michael McNair, Jairon McVea, Russell Morrison, Raleigh Texada, Peter Webster, Deonte Williams.
I interpreted the article as redshirted last year. This is a roster list of players that redshirted in 16 and were eligible to play last year.
Gust Avrakotos
When do the firings begin? According to Thee....bad deeds cannot go unpunished.

CMR has to go....and immediately.

I'll bet the BOR are having closed door meetings and board members are crying out in despair.

And oh let's not forget....

All recent recruit signees must be given their outright release so that they can sign with the Longhorns and Frogs.

Thee, I'm expecting your leadership here to make this happen.
80sBEAR
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Doc Holliday said:

"My boy Aaron Murff is a perfect angel; he would never do such a thing and neither should these Baylor student-athlete-soul-winners."

"I am proud to set up my boy Josiah Wiles for success in a life. My boy does not resemble anyone infamous in recent news at all."
Okay Tommy Lou,

You know I love you, but lets leave the offspring out of this. The Regents are fair game and deserve every ounce of wrath we can drop on them, but leave family members out of this mess.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
80sBEAR said:

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Doc Holliday said:

"My boy Aaron Murff is a perfect angel; he would never do such a thing and neither should these Baylor student-athlete-soul-winners."

"I am proud to set up my boy Josiah Wiles for success in a life. My boy does not resemble anyone infamous in recent news at all."
Okay Tommy Lou,

You know I love you, but lets leave the offspring out of this. The Regents are fair game and deserve every ounce of wrath we can drop on them, but leave family members out of this mess.
Point taken.
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
57Bear
The boi needs to make it crystal clear that Rhule called Title IX the moment he heard of this.
Malbec
Keys said:

Nope

Much like lies, once you get caught telling a bunch of them, it becomes hard to know when you are telling the truth.

The list of things not reported to JA is fairly long and includes assaults.

Is there anything the current staff knew about and didn't report? That is what you need to compare apples to apples.

The apple on the right is just a little jaundiced is all.
Dia del DougO
They were just horsing around. Nothing to see here.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
"You don't coach rape." - Bill Parcells...I think.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
xiledinok
The difference is how these situations are handled.
One did it the right mature adult way, the other made a complete ass out of himself and everyone paying for college athletics.

The questions are how did it turn out for the past and how will it turn out for the present? The national media does not care. Why? They already reported their were cultural problems at Baylor.

It took 3 months for the robe and Kwtx to find it out. Good lord, I wouldn't want those groups doing anything outside of tabloid tv and small world football.
oldbear69
Friscobear said:

We've changed.......
Yogi
Bona Fide Bear said:

1. There certainly are questions as to how Briles handled complaints from accusers who chose to report the alleged crime to the football coach rather than to the university, the university police department, local PD, a doctor, a SANE nurse, etc.

2. I don't know how things are now at Baylor, but when I was at Baylor, the head football coach was not held responsible for the actions of students who were not on the football team. At Baylor, most of the accused WERE NOT football players. So, the issue wasn't really how Briles handled alleged sexual assault cases as it was how Baylor University handled Title IX cases and then responded to media sensationalism.

3. Art Briles targeted the same recruits as every other football coach. Heck, by 2016, he didn't require bad players on the football team. He was getting almost all of the recruits he was targeting in the first place. And, how do you know who the bad apples are? A criminal record? Remember that juvenile records are sealed. Briles never recruited a recruit with an adult record in his 8 years at Baylor. Are you implying that the head football coach has a duty to interview a potential recruit's family, friends, teachers and other witnesses in determining what kind of kid he is? Does Baylor University? Or is an allegation that Briles went after "bad dudes" really a racist dog whistle for going after minority recruits from poorer neighborhoods?

Let's be brutally honest, here, Art Briles was going after the same athletes as Gary Patterson, Mack Brown, Mike Leach, etc.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
NoBSU
Robemcdo said:

boognish_bear said:

Surprised that BU hasn't already come out with some type of response before this starts spiraling out of control in the media.

Surely they have a response prepared...

I'm sure it will involve placing the blame on the former athletic director
Ian and Art should own what they should. Rhule and Rhoades should own what they should. My concern is for Baylor fans to know that you are not a Baylor fan. You are here to shill for Ian, your bud. You will run Rhule, Baylor, or anyone down to prop up Ian.
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

Friscobear said:

Because their agenda is not Baylor improving. There devotion is to an ex-coach, father, buddy, friend, and client.
NoBSU
Robemcdo said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

And simply not true
What's your thoughts on OJ and his ex-wife.
80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

Keyser Soze said:

Friscobear said:

Because their agenda is not Baylor improving. There devotion is to an ex-coach, father, buddy, friend, and client.
Our agenda is to get new leadership that can fast forward Baylor University into the year 2018. At this point, it has not a thing to do with football. That piece has already been destroyed. We are worried about what remains.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

Booray said:

Bingo. The bad press and payouts were from silence, maneuvering, and Baylor as an institution not caring about dealing with assault and violence on women. If this instance is mishandled, then it reflects negatively on Baylor and Rhule. It has nothing to do with vindicating Ian, Art, Staley, or anybody else.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.