Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,395 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
BaylorProud77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He handled it. I liked his comments about trying to be as transparent as he could be. He didn't ask for this mess. We called him here. I'm still in on seeing how he does the next 2 years. By the way I like chocolate lol
boognish_bear
BaylorProud77 said:

He didn't ask for this mess.

I agree that we need to give him time to see how this plays out...but these kids were his recruits...
BaylorProud77
Yes they were but as we know, you never know what these kids are going to do even when you think you've picked the best. He handled it and now we move on
SIC EM 94
BaylorProud77 said:

Yes they were but as we know, you never know what these kids are going to do even when you think you've picked the best. He handled it and now we move on

"Move on"? Are you freaking kidding me? There is no "moving on" from this, the sh*t storm is just now gaining steam. All the while Baylor remains silent and refuses to defend our University. Checks will be written, and the public/media will assume the players are guilty...Hell, that assumption has already been made.
boognish_bear
Well...we were the lead story on Channel 8 in Dallas tonight. Our lights shine bright.

Jacques Strap
Did anyone ask when these players were suspended? Was it just yesterday or was it a day or two after the intitial report was filed and BU is just now disclosing they have been suspended for some time now?

Were they recently suspended only because the press began to write about this?

Who suspeneded them, the coach or Title IX office, and when?
80sBEAR
Jacques Strap said:

Did anyone ask when these players were suspended? Was it just yesterday or was it a day or two after the intitial report was filed and BU is just now disclosing they have been suspended for some time now?

One of them was suspended for the rest of last season after we were told he failed his Thursday evening "pop quiz" to do with the playbook. Things make a little more sense now. I just don't like the deception. Gotta walk the walk, just not talk the talk when it comes to transparency.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
D. C. Bear
80sBEAR said:

Jacques Strap said:

One of them was suspended for the rest of last season after we were told he failed his Thursday evening "pop quiz" to do with the playbook. Things make a little more sense now. I just don't like the deception. Gotta walk the walk, just not talk the talk when it comes to transparency.

Don't jump to conclusions about individual players. It is not clear at all which suspended players were involved in a Title IX case. There are four suspended players, there are, in various outlets, various smaller numbers reportedly involved in a Title IX case
RealLarryDon
Does this mean we don't get our money back from the Big 12?
80sBEAR
D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

Jacques Strap said:

Don't jump to conclusions about individual players. It is not clear at all which suspended players were involved in a Title IX case. There are four suspended players, there are, in various outlets, various smaller numbers reportedly involved in a Title IX case
Okay. For now we'll just go with the "pop quiz." He must have failed it REALLY bad.
-- Dr. David Garland
Jacques Strap
D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

Jacques Strap said:

If I was the one player suspended for something other than sexual assault I'd be quite unhappy that I was smeared by being lumped in with the other three. Unless of course the reason for the suspension was something worse than sexual assault.
YoakDaddy
Jacques Strap said:

If you listen to the press conference, that question was asked. CMR said they were separated immediately from the team upon notification by that university committee that reviews the cases. He did not state when "immediately" was. Since we know that 1 or more was not for an alleged SA, the other(s) would have been separated by CMR himself and he didn't state when they were separated for breaking team rules.

He was asked by a reporter at the end of the presser about why they are being now as opposed to when the incident occurred. He really had no answer and that didn't satisfy reporters.
Jacques Strap
YoakDaddy said:

Jacques Strap said:

If you listen to the press conference, that question was asked. CMR said they were separated immediately from the team upon notification by that university committee that reviews the cases. He did not state when "immediately" was. Since we know that 1 or more was not for an alleged SA, the other(s) would have been separated by CMR himself and he didn't state when they were separated for breaking team rules.

He was asked by a reporter at the end of the presser about why they are being now as opposed to when the incident occurred. He really had no answer and that didn't satisfy reporters.
Thanks for the clarification. I did not listen to the press conference yet, I just read the written stories.

I'm a little confused by your second paragraph. Were you saying the reporter asked about why the names are being released now as opposed to when they were "immediately" suspended?.
jackets320
Suspended, separated from team....sort of like what happened under Briles?
Keyser Soze
jackets320 said:

Suspended, separated from team....sort of like what happened under Briles in the cases that saw the light of day?
FIFY
Johnny Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

BaylorProud77 said:

"Move on"? Are you freaking kidding me? There is no "moving on" from this, the sh*t storm is just now gaining steam. All the while Baylor remains silent and refuses to defend our University. Checks will be written, and the public/media will assume the players are guilty...Hell, that assumption has already been made.
Haven't you learned by now - that's how we do it at good 'ole BU.
bearlyafarmer
jackets320 said:

Yep.
BaylorProud77
No I'm not freaking kidding you. I believe in our new president and that things will change for the good or the better. I'm praying for the better. And when you criticize my Baylor you are criticizing my friends who dearly love her. Now get over yourself! You as well as I don't know everything. But we can still fight and pray instead of this endless bitterness. You think I don't know how it hurts our school every time we are on the news and laughed at by other schools! Baylor is a proud old school and I never let some twit like you bring her down!!!! You can be angry but this is your school too. I was raised under Abner McCall and he was a strong person. No way in hell will I not fight or stand up for Baylor. Now run along and play
YoakDaddy
Jacques Strap said:

YoakDaddy said:

Jacques Strap said:

Thanks for the clarification. I did not listen to the press conference yet, I just read the written stories.

I'm a little confused by your second paragraph. Were you saying the reporter asked about why the names are being released now as opposed to when they were "immediately" suspended?.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I left out a word or two...press asked about why Baylor was now letting the media know about the separations as opposed to when the incident occurred. CMR's answer was painful because he had no answer. I don't know who preps our folks for pressers, but they don't anticipate press questions very well. He was unprepared and it showed.
BaylorProud77
Well I have to give you that. He was shakey
BaylorProud77
But when the incident occurred, they had to gather all the facts and investigate
Keyser Soze

Spring practice is likely why. It would be painfully obvious there were some healthy bodies conspicuously absent.

As long as the University is doing things the correct way, I have no problem keeping things out of the public eye to a limit extent. I stress limited extent. Considering our past, Baylor not only needs to do things the right way, they need to give the appearance they are doing things the right way too.

YoakDaddy
Keyser Soze said:

Spring practice is likely why. It would be painfully obvious there were some healthy bodies conspicuously absent.

As long as the University is doing things the correct way, I have no problem keeping things out of the public eye to a limit extent. I stress limited extent. Considering our past, Baylor not only needs to do things the right way, they need to give the appearance they are doing things the right way too.

Agree.
BaylorProud77
I gave him a star and agree. I just get so mad
Chanceux
Can anybody confirm that this isn't a rape situation? I've heard it's just sharing a video of a consensual act. That's despicable but that ain't rape.
Robert Wilson
boognish_bear said:

Robert Wilson said:

boognish_bear said:

Figured Leslie would jump on this. I'm sure he'll be ripping us at 10PM tonight

So this guy (i) knows the players are guilty and (ii) assumes that a coach of over 100 kids can keep them all from criminal behavior. What a ****tard.

Rhule is not assuming they are guilty...just removing them from the team until a ruling is made. But we don't get the benefit of the doubt from the media the way that Lincoln Riley did when their star RB got accused of sexual assault before the CFP.

I wasn't talking about Rhule. I was talking about Mike Leslie.

The state of journalism now is just as low as it can get. There are no standards.

I think Rhule's response here has been good and appropriate. He's already doing a better PR job than our powers at be did last time.
xiledinok
jackets320 said:

No, not hiding it and getting busted by electronic communications.

RealDon, the school needs to go get that money. Let them know the face of rape is no longer involved and we'll keep the boosters away who blew up things with t shirts and other things that embarrassed the conference and the schools.

Ogar plays like a wild beast on the field but looks reckless at times. Reminds me of two other Bears who faced similar issues.
SIC EM 94
BaylorProud77 said:

No I'm not freaking kidding you. I believe in our new president and that things will change for the good or the better. I'm praying for the better. And when you criticize my Baylor you are criticizing my friends who dearly love her. Now get over yourself! You as well as I don't know everything. But we can still fight and pray instead of this endless bitterness. You think I don't know how it hurts our school every time we are on the news and laughed at by other schools! Baylor is a proud old school and I never let some twit like you bring her down!!!! You can be angry but this is your school too. I was raised under Abner McCall and he was a strong person. No way in hell will I not fight or stand up for Baylor. Now run along and play
I don't know why in the Hell you are jumping all over me and making wild ass assumptions that I am not a die hard life long Baylor fan or love my University, but you couldn't be more wrong. Take your high and mighty BS and shove it gramps! I will continue to love Baylor, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit in silence at the completely pathetic actions, or lack there of, by it's so called "leadership". I'm asking for those that are in leadership position to stand up to the false narratives, the wild accusations that are based solely on allegations, etc... Instead we get some members of our own damn BOR being the ones facilitating the misinformation on a national level.

Don't give me your "old school" omniscient BS, and claim I am "bringing her down". The so called "leaders" of this University are the ones that have done irreparable damage to my school. You go on and pray, and whatever else you feel will change the course we are on, but I will continue to ask for new leadership that actually has a spine and will not tolerate my University continuing to be destroyed by the media and public in general.
80sBEAR
SIC EM 94 said:

BaylorProud77 said:

I don't know why in the Hell you are jumping all over me and making wild ass assumptions that I am not a die hard life long Baylor fan or love my University, but you couldn't be more wrong. Take your high and mighty BS and shove it gramps! I will continue to love Baylor, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit in silence at the completely pathetic actions, or lack there of, by it's so called "leadership". I'm asking for those that are in leadership position to stand up to the false narratives, the wild accusations that are based solely on allegations, etc... Instead we get some members of our own damn BOR being the ones facilitating the misinformation on a national level.

Don't give me your "old school" omniscient BS, and claim I am "bringing her down". The so called "leaders" of this University are the ones that have done irreparable damage to my school. You go on and pray, and whatever else you feel will change the course we are on, but I will continue to ask for new leadership that actually has a spine and will not tolerate my University continuing to be destroyed by the media and public in general.

BaylorProud is actually Granny and not Gramps. She is a good gal.

You make many good points, Sic Em 94, and I agree with most of what you say. It is all about leadership, and currently we have none.
-- Dr. David Garland
SIC EM 94
80sBEAR said:

SIC EM 94 said:

BaylorProud77 said:

BaylorProud is actually Granny and not Gramps. She is a good gal.

You make many good points, Sic Em 94, and I agree with most of what you say. It is all about leadership, and currently we have none.
If that is the case then I will apologize to an extent for my tone, but her unhinged comments toward my original post were completely out of line, inaccurate, and uncalled for. I would love for her to have more insight into just what type of Baylor fan I am, and how loyal I have been to my university in many capacities.
BaylorProud77
Here's your chance to tell me 94. I just sent you a PM of apology. I'm old and hard headed. Tell me what you would do to fix this.
D. C. Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

BaylorProud77 said:

The damage is not irreparable.
bearlyafarmer
Chanceux said:

Can anybody confirm that this isn't a rape situation? I've heard it's just sharing a video of a consensual act. That's despicable but that ain't rape.
That possible scenario has been mentioned several times in this forum. Hence my question here yesterday as to whether the equestrian team members allegedly involved have been suspended/separated from said team.
boognish_bear
Were all of these kids redshirting this year except for Ogor?
Keyser Soze
Baylor's code of conduct policy has been greatly revised and updated.

There is no risk of penalty for sex or drinking by victim and even witnesses.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.