Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,365 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
JusHappy2BeHere
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keyser Soze said:

Briles net worth exceeded 99.99% of the citizens. Add to that the fact a legal victory would get him back in coaching.

What is the simple answer?

what is CAB's wealth as a percentage of Baylor University, the entire BOR and Disney?
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Robert Wilson
Wiles told the media what he thought made him personally look good. Simple. Individual feelings/reputations came before the institution multiple times throughout this debacle. Not just the bor by any stretch, but certainly including members of the bor.
57Bear
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

I don't see any minorities on the regent board of the Big 12 champs.
Not correct. Christopher Howard was probably the smartest of the bunch. He took the high road and quietly stepped down in September of 2016 supposedly to spend more time focusing on his day job.

I think he was probably much too fiduciary and not enough churchy. No room for such thinking on the Baylor Board of Regents.

https://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=126620

"to spend more time focusing on his day job" was the stated reason for the resignation, but almost immediately he became a member of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee.

In January 2017, it was announced that Howard was selected to be a member of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_B._Howard

His time as a member of the Baylor BOR is not acknowledged in his official "About Dr. Howard". https://www.rmu.edu/about-rmu/OfficeOfThePresident/AboutDrHoward

Keyser Soze
No they didn't go after his family. Stop making stuff up.
80sBEAR
57Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

I don't see any minorities on the regent board of the Big 12 champs.
Not correct. Christopher Howard was probably the smartest of the bunch. He took the high road and quietly stepped down in September of 2016 supposedly to spend more time focusing on his day job.

I think he was probably much too fiduciary and not enough churchy. No room for such thinking on the Baylor Board of Regents.

https://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=126620

His time as a member of the Baylor BOR is not acknowledged in his official "About Dr. Howard". https://www.rmu.edu/about-rmu/OfficeOfThePresident/AboutDrHoward

The fact that he makes no mention of his stint on the Baylor Board of Regents speaks volumes.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Keyser Soze
The lawsuit was against Murph, Gray, & Harper not Baylor or Disney. You really gotta be delelusional to think he tucked tail and ran because they could out lawyer him.

57Bear
Keyser Soze said:

The lawsuit was against Murph, Gray, & Harper not Baylor or Disney. You really gotta be delelusional to think he tucked tail and ran because they could out lawyer him.

"COMES NOW, ART BRILES, Plaintiff, complaining of J. Cary Gray, Ronald Dean Murff, David Harper ("Baylor Regents Defendents") and Reagan Ramsower, collectively Defendants, " http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Briles+-+Plaintiff+Original+Petition+w+Exhibits.pdf

You omitted Reagan Ramsower.

PartyBear
What does any of this have to do with allegations of sexual assault now the topic of this thread? Why do y'all want to talk about stuff from 3-4 years ago and not current events?
MilliVanilli
Robemcdo said:

Keyser Soze said:

Briles net worth exceeded 99.99% of the citizens. Add to that the fact a legal victory would get him back in coaching.

Simple answer
He has honor

He sacrificed his reputation so his coaches could survive the storm . The three amigos went after Art's family (a nice little lawyer trick )

And they one by one seem to be surviving just fine .

And Art one day will be rewarded for his sacrifice
Incredible fantasy.

80sBEAR
MilliVanilli said:

Robemcdo said:

Keyser Soze said:

Simple answer
He has honor

He sacrificed his reputation so his coaches could survive the storm . The three amigos went after Art's family (a nice little lawyer trick )

Incredible fantasy.

There you are! So glad to see they took off the restraints and let you go home. We have really missed you around here!
-- Dr. David Garland
57Bear
80sBear said: We have really missed you around here!

Funny I haven't missed it at all.

DustyM
Robemcdo said:

What took place in the meeting room is that the regents were read a pile of crap written by Cary Gray which somehow has been labeled the Finding Of Fact and attributed to the gals from PH. FOF was written by Gray.. and all of a sudden the villains became the black athletes and the guy who brought them here .

I think you've heard this story before
Your absolutely correct, but the six or seven that scream the loudest won't allow this to be said enough to get folks to listen. The reality is that if Ramsower is still holding the COO spot, he is going to continue to cover up all of the sexual assaults. Considering 90-95% of all sexual assaults on this campus are committed by the frat boys and their buddies. You would think that even the BOR worshipers would realize that they are beating a dead horse by accusing the football team and staff. BUT NOPE, they continue to double down, no matter what.

I still think they are being paid to act this way, there is no other reason for it.
bearlyafarmer
Quick question: What is the current participation/team status of the Baylor football players alleged to have been involved in November 2017 in a sexual assault and or videoing/distribution of alleged video of same?
NoBSU
bearlyafarmer said:

Quick question: What is the current participation/team status of the Baylor football players alleged to have been involved in November 2017 in a sexual assault and or videoing/distribution of alleged video of same?
What are their names?
Malbec
57Bear said:

Keyser Soze said:

"COMES NOW, ART BRILES, Plaintiff, complaining of J. Cary Gray, Ronald Dean Murff, David Harper ("Baylor Regents Defendents") and Reagan Ramsower, collectively Defendants, " http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Briles+-+Plaintiff+Original+Petition+w+Exhibits.pdf

Of course he omitted Ramsower. Ramsower was the linchpin that allowed the use of the text messages in the pleading, since Ramsower was the only employee of the university. Without the inclusion of Ramsower (who by virtue of his employment created de facto liability on behalf of the university), those texts would have created additional breach.
PartyBear
bearlyafarmer said:

The answer to this question will see the light of day at some point. Hopefully the answer is a good one and not one that raises alot of questions and more controversy.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

bearlyafarmer said:

The answer to this question will see the light of day at some point. Hopefully the answer is a good one and not one that raises alot of questions and more controversy.
Since nobody here seems to know the names of the players, how can anybody answer that question?
PartyBear
It will be uncovered. This facet of the situation, meaning how did the staff deal with it and when or not deal with it, will not be kept secret for long. It will come out.
Keyser Soze
Malbec said:

57Bear said:

Keyser Soze said:

Of course he omitted Ramsower. Ramsower was the linchpin that allowed the use of the text messages in the pleading, since Ramsower was the only employee of the university. Without the inclusion of Ramsower (who by virtue of his employment created de facto liability on behalf of the university), those texts would have created additional breach.
That is all fine and dandy - but the whole conversation we were talking about Briles financial ability to proceed with a lawsuit.

Just spit balling here, but thinking Briles could afford to litigate if that was the path he wanted to go. I think the fan club has his settlement near 100 Million by now.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

It will be uncovered. This facet of the situation, meaning how did the staff deal with it and when or not deal with it, will not be kept secret for long. It will come out.
So you don't know the names of the players but you know specifics of the football staff not "dealing" with it properly? So how specifically did they not deal with it?
JusHappy2BeHere
You have so much hate for Briles

You want so badly to be able to say he is the Big Bad Wolf that brought Baylor to this lowly state...

You take such joy in labeling anyone who knows that he is not what you so desperately want him to be, a robe touchier, a fan boy, boot kicker, lackey, or whatever you pejorative of the day is.

do you get a prize if you are right? do you win the internets? How much bitcoin do you get for helping to destroy the name of a good man?

maybe one day it will be you that is scapegoated....
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
PartyBear
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

So you don't know the names of the players but you know specifics of the football staff not "dealing" with it properly? So how specifically did they not deal with it?
I'm trying to be real polite to you even though you are the insulting people makes you feel more important and better about yourself type. I dont know the answer to the question and never said I did ( apparently you are not as good at reading comprehension as you believe) hence the reason I have asked the damn question that the other poster asked. That is how basic communication works. One asks questions to find out things he or she is curious about knowing. Hopefully you can understand that concept.

The answer to the question is an important one and will come out at some point. It is folly to think this will be kept under the rug. Frankly I think it is stupid to try keep it under the rug if the answer makes the staff look good.
80sBEAR
Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

57Bear said:

Keyser Soze said:

That is all fine and dandy - but the whole conversation we were talking about Briles financial ability to proceed with a lawsuit.

Just spit balling here, but thinking Briles could afford to litigate if that was the path he wanted to go. I think the fan club has his settlement near 100 Million by now.
It is only $25 million. You know as well as anybody, $25 million doesn't buy what it used to.
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

I'm trying to be real polite to you even though you are the insulting people makes you feel more important and better about yourself type. I dont know the answer to the question and never said I did ( apparently you are not as good at reading comprehension as you believe) hence the reason I have asked the damn question that the other poster asked. That is how basic communication works. One asks questions to find out things he or she is curious about knowing. Hopefully you can understand that concept.

The answer to the question is an important one and will come out at some point. It is folly to think this will be kept under the rug. Frankly I think it is stupid to try keep it under the rug if the answer makes the staff look good.
The other poster asked? You asked the same question a little while ago and again what 5 times since Friday night.

Let's say that you aren't getting an official answer on the status of the players until the DA finishes with the Grand Jury. Let's play what if. Let's say March 10th 1 player is indicted for distributing a video not sexual assault and 1-3 are not. Let's say March 11th Rhule or the AD releases a statement that the 1 player is suspended from the team pending the outcome of the case. Let's say there is zero discipline on the other 1-3 players at this time. What was done wrong? What has been swept under the rug?

80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

The other poster asked? You asked the same question a little while ago and again what 5 times since Friday night.

Let's say that you aren't getting an official answer on the status of the players until the DA finishes with the Grand Jury. Let's play what if. Let's say March 10th 1 player is indicted for distributing a video not sexual assault and 1-3 are not. Let's say March 11th Rhule or the AD releases a statement that the 1 player is suspended from the team pending the outcome of the case. Let's say there is zero discipline on the other 1-3 players at this time. What was done wrong? What has been swept under the rug?

If it plays out like this, then wonderful. Is Baylor STILL going to write huge checks to the accusers?
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
80sBEAR said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

If it plays out like this, then wonderful. Is Baylor STILL going to write huge checks to the accusers?
Don't know. The current checks were over Title IX which had nothing to do with what he is asking.

They keep hinting something has been done wrong then they don't know who or what was done Jim. If they know something I wish they would say what went wrong.
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robemcdo said:

Keyser Soze said:

Simple answer
He has honor

Incredible fantasy.

There you are! So glad to see they took off the restraints and let you go home. We have really missed you around here!
I'm omnipotent in your psychotic head to the point that if I don't dominate you in person you think something has happened, it's hysterical.

MilliVanilli
JusHappy2BeHere said:

You have so much hate for Briles

You want so badly to be able to say he is the Big Bad Wolf that brought Baylor to this lowly state...

You take such joy in labeling anyone who knows that he is not what you so desperately want him to be, a robe touchier, a fan boy, boot kicker, lackey, or whatever you pejorative of the day is.

do you get a prize if you are right? do you win the internets? How much bitcoin do you get for helping to destroy the name of a good man?

maybe one day it will be you that is scapegoated....
Briles is a pariah for a reason, why you refuse to get that through your head is beyond stubborn, you're subject to Stockholm syndrome to a fired disgrace.

MilliVanilli
DustyM said:

Robemcdo said:

What took place in the meeting room is that the regents were read a pile of crap written by Cary Gray which somehow has been labeled the Finding Of Fact and attributed to the gals from PH. FOF was written by Gray.. and all of a sudden the villains became the black athletes and the guy who brought them here .

I think you've heard this story before
Your absolutely correct, but the six or seven that scream the loudest won't allow this to be said enough to get folks to listen. The reality is that if Ramsower is still holding the COO spot, he is going to continue to cover up all of the sexual assaults. Considering 90-95% of all sexual assaults on this campus are committed by the frat boys and their buddies. You would think that even the BOR worshipers would realize that they are beating a dead horse by accusing the football team and staff. BUT NOPE, they continue to double down, no matter what.

I still think they are being paid to act this way, there is no other reason for it.
The two of you are a fine tandem of certifiable delusion. Then again, you are a sock.

JusHappy2BeHere
Please don't quote anything Mili says to me.....

I have her on ignore for a reason.... I don't care what **** she chooses to spew at me or anyone else. She should have been banned 6 months ago and she can't be rehabilitated.... Nothing can make anything that ***** has to say worth reading so please just let me pretend that she died and is no longer with us

Mahatma Gandhi
MilliVanilli
JusHappy2BeHere said:

Please don't quote anything Mili says to me.....

I have her on ignore for a reason.... I don't care what **** she chooses to spew at me or anyone else. She should have been banned 6 months ago and she can't be rehabilitated.... Nothing can make anything that ***** has to say worth reading so please just let me pretend that she died and is no longer with us

Oh, you care, and now you've taken the time to proclaim how much you care.

Always a treat to see a rape apologist tell others they need rehabbed.
80sBEAR
MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robemcdo said:

Keyser Soze said:

Simple answer
He has honor

Incredible fantasy.

I'm omnipotent in your psychotic head to the point that if I don't dominate you in person you think something has happened, it's hysterical.

How was church today?
-- Dr. David Garland
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robemcdo said:

Keyser Soze said:

Simple answer
He has honor

Incredible fantasy.

How was church today?
No need to deflect, Jim.

We all know you're dominated by an internet poster whose screen name comprises your search history.

80sBEAR
MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robemcdo said:

Keyser Soze said:

Simple answer
He has honor

Incredible fantasy.

How was church today?
No need to deflect, Jim.

We all know you're dominated by an internet poster whose screen name comprises your search history.

"Girl, You Know It's True!"
-- Dr. David Garland
Bearwitness8223
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

You act like these kids are gonna get a fair shake with he "Justice system" anyways they will fight cheat and lie to convict no matter if these kids are guilty or not because they are corrupt

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.