Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,362 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
bearlyafarmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
80sBEAR said:

NoBSU and D.C.Bear are absolutely correct. We really don't know why he was fired. We don't know how many millions he was paid and why. After almost two years. And it does not look like the cloak of secrecy will be listed anytime soon. It is still baffling to me how truth and transparency can be so elusive at an institution claiming to have a Christian Mission.
He was terminated and paid millions because he saw through, and would not put up with, the falseness, smallness, and irresponsibility of certain regents and administrators. The Title IX stuff was the smokescreen for their retaliation.
xiledinok
Art lied to his bosses.
Explain how he doesn't get fired for lying to his bosses.
Guy Noir
xiledinok said:

Art lied to his bosses.

What were the lies? Who were the bosses?
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

Art lied to his bosses.

Art should have had more "pop quizzes."
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

This equestrian event pretty much proves the BOR #$cked up and acted in haste in an attempt to calm the media feeding frenzy. Matt Rhule is no more equipped to prevent his players and Baylor students in general from having sex than Art Briles was. Such a damn shame we chose to destroy our own football program all in the name of spiritual vanity and protecting the brand. Saddest part is most of these decision makers are still in place and don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Can anyone swing and miss more than you?

That is not the issue and never was.

failed to report to Judicial Affairs
conducted internal and untrained investigations
own system of justice outside University policy
reports not share outside athletcis
failed to recognize conflict of interest

Anything ringing a bell? ..... there is so much more .....

Okay Keyser. Perhaps I am not giving Baylor enough credit. It looks like Baylor has improved greatly in filling out paperwork.

Briles was criticized (and fired) for allowing "bad dudes" to remain on campus. Briles shielded his players from the consequences of their actions in many cases - this is not like Rhule at all. It just appears to me that Rhule is being held to a different standard and that that sucks! That is just being poorly informed or a blatant CAB apologist. Like jumpinjoe said, had the BOR just laid out the truth from the beginning, we would truly be making progress, in my opinion. There is zero reason the BOR should be commenting on the current situation.

I'm all on board with the Christian Mission, but the BOR needs to realize we have real world issues like any other college campus in the country. Zero reason to think they don't Sexual assault protocol and procedures need to protect both Baylor women AND Baylor men. Agree We are not there yet. Again agree, but nothing to indicate players in the current situation are not being treated properly.

see bold
I don't care what anyone says, you are still my favorite BOR apologist.

I am not a betting man, but if I was would bet that in the end, the four football players are out and the two equestrian girls will remain. I think Baylor is still worried more about potential media fallout than doing what is right. The scales of justice continue to weigh heavily against the males. Not entirely Baylor's fault, - that is just the current climate we all live in today.

I'm really curious what you think the girls did?
Lol.

If he PMs you a link to something like wildwesternwomen.com (I have no idea if that exists) or EnglishSaddle****S.com then open at your own risk.
80sBEAR
Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

This equestrian event pretty much proves the BOR #$cked up and acted in haste in an attempt to calm the media feeding frenzy. Matt Rhule is no more equipped to prevent his players and Baylor students in general from having sex than Art Briles was. Such a damn shame we chose to destroy our own football program all in the name of spiritual vanity and protecting the brand. Saddest part is most of these decision makers are still in place and don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Okay Keyser. Perhaps I am not giving Baylor enough credit. It looks like Baylor has improved greatly in filling out paperwork.

Briles was criticized (and fired) for allowing "bad dudes" to remain on campus. Briles shielded his players from the consequences of their actions in many cases - this is not like Rhule at all. It just appears to me that Rhule is being held to a different standard and that that sucks! That is just being poorly informed or a blatant CAB apologist. Like jumpinjoe said, had the BOR just laid out the truth from the beginning, we would truly be making progress, in my opinion. There is zero reason the BOR should be commenting on the current situation.

I'm all on board with the Christian Mission, but the BOR needs to realize we have real world issues like any other college campus in the country. Zero reason to think they don't Sexual assault protocol and procedures need to protect both Baylor women AND Baylor men. Agree We are not there yet. Again agree, but nothing to indicate players in the current situation are not being treated properly.

see bold

I am not a betting man, but if I was would bet that in the end, the four football players are out and the two equestrian girls will remain. I think Baylor is still worried more about potential media fallout than doing what is right. The scales of justice continue to weigh heavily against the males. Not entirely Baylor's fault, - that is just the current climate we all live in today.

I don't know. I was not there. I just know that male and female teenagers/ early twenty somethings and excessive alcohol in the late hours is a recipe for bad and less than Christian Mission things. It was even that way in the early 80s. Thank God there was no social media to speak of back then.
-- Dr. David Garland
xiledinok
Guy Noir said:

xiledinok said:

Art lied to his bosses.

What were the lies? Who were the bosses?

Those 39 regents. He should not have to figure it out the boss situation. He had gotten a paycheck from different universities for a while.

Art wasn't the last to know about his discipline problems. There's one.
Friscobear
80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

see bold

I don't know. I was not there. I just know that male and female teenagers/ early twenty somethings and excessive alcohol in the late hours is a recipe for bad and less than Christian Mission things. It was even that way in the early 80s. Thank God there was no social media to speak of back then.
You make it sound like it's a foregone conclusion that the girls are just as culpable as the men. I don't get that from what is rumored, just curious why you do.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
80sBEAR
Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

see bold

You make it sound like it's a foregone conclusion that the girls are just as culpable as the men. I don't get that from what is rumored, just curious why you do.
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying, Frisco. On a late night of drinking by both parties, NO still means NO! No excuses. Sounds like you and I may have heard fairly different accounts of what actually took place that evening.
-- Dr. David Garland
D. C. Bear
NoBSU said:

D. C. Bear said:

NoBSU said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Briles was criticized (and fired) for allowing "bad dudes" to remain on campus. It just appears to me that Rhule is being held to a different standard and that that sucks! Like jumpinjoe said, had the BOR just laid out the truth from the beginning, we would truly be making progress, in my opinion.

I'm all on board with the Christian Mission, but the BOR needs to realize we have real world issues like any other college campus in the country. Sexual assault protocol and procedures need to protect both Baylor women AND Baylor men. We are not there yet.

You don't know why Briles was fired. They are still hiding all that information.

Actually, we don't know why Briles wasn't fired (for cause).
No, you assume that. You assume that if an organization thought they had cause that they wouldn't prefer to buy silence. Baylor had plenty of risks that they were managing.

No, I don't assume, that is why I don't pretend to know.
MilliVanilli
80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

see bold

Please don't misunderstand what I am saying, Frisco. On a late night of drinking by both parties, NO still means NO! No excuses. Sounds like you and I may have heard fairly different accounts of what actually took place that evening.
You're not wrong to hold the girls accountable for putting themselves in a bad spot, the conversation is incomplete in these instances as to why bad things were even allowed to happen in the first place.

All parties should be accountable, and the harshest allegations levied must be proven to not be in that grey area the mutual inebriation and debauchery can lend itself to.

80sBEAR
MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

see bold

You're not wrong to hold the girls accountable for putting themselves in a bad spot, the conversation is incomplete in these instances as to why bad things were even allowed to happen in the first place.

All parties should be accountable, and the harshest allegations levied must be proven to not be in that grey area the mutual inebriation and debauchery can lend itself to.

You must remember, Milli, we are only human. Especially young college kids that feel like they are indestructible and are going to live forever.

And believe it or not, as an adult I feel much differently about the negative effects of excessive drinking and even the negatives of premarital sex. Hope I don't sound like a prude. Lord knows I felt differently in college.
That is the challenge, Milli. What can Baylor do to send this message to their incoming students that are on their own for the first time in their lives? I am not sure a Fire and Brimstone sermon will be received very well.How can we convince the leadership of Baylor to be okay with sending a guiding message without refusing to do so because they feel like they will be condoning "drinking and debauchery"? Not sure what the solution is, but somehow Christian principles and the real world need to get together.
-- Dr. David Garland
Russell Gym
80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

see bold

You must remember, Milli, we are only human. Especially young college kids that feel like they are indestructible and are going to live forever.

And believe it or not, as an adult I feel much differently about the negative effects of excessive drinking and even the negatives of premarital sex. Hope I don't sound like a prude. Lord knows I felt differently in college.
That is the challenge, Milli. What can Baylor do to send this message to their incoming students that are on their own for the first time in their lives? I am not sure a Fire and Brimstone sermon will be received very well.How can we convince the leadership of Baylor to be okay with sending a guiding message without refusing to do so because they feel like they will be condoning "drinking and debauchery"? Not sure what the solution is, but somehow Christian principles and the real world need to get together.

Well stated
Bear74
AD and HC gotta go and everybody that came with them. 14 months, 2 coaches and 2 or 3 players embarass BU. Short leash they knew coming in what the expectations were. All violated their contracts for employment.
57Bear

oldbear69
80sBEAR said:

MilliVanilli said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Friscobear said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

80sBEAR said:

see bold

"What can Baylor do to send this message to their incoming students that are on their own for the first time in their lives"

........the only surefire answer...but who keeps the key??
Stranger
MBevel said:

AD and HC gotta go and everybody that came with them. 14 months, 2 coaches and 2 or 3 players embarass BU. Short leash they knew coming in what the expectations were. All violated their contracts for employment.

Like the Four Tops sang . . . "It's the same old song" . . . Little Matty ain't done nothing to change the culture around Bear High. He brought in a coach that got run off for soliciting a prostitute the first month he was in Waco.

All he's done since is cover up the fact that he is no better at running a clean program while preaching at regents' churches.

A phony is what we ended up with that makes $4million a year and can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I'm with you. Send both these clowns down the road.
I'm a Bearbacker
drahthaar
You awake Stranger?
D. C. Bear
Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Like the Four Tops sang . . . "It's the same old song" . . . Little Matty ain't done nothing to change the culture around Bear High. He brought in a coach that got run off for soliciting a prostitute the first month he was in Waco.

All he's done since is cover up the fact that he is no better at running a clean program while preaching at regents' churches.

A phony is what we ended up with that makes $4million a year and can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

You're being an idiot, and your derogatory names for Coach Rhule only detract from your credibility.

Nothing indicates CMR has covered up anything, everything publicly reported indicates that he has acted in appropriate ways. When he says that stuff happens everywhere, including Baylor, he stating a reality that "Not my Baylor" and "This kind of thing doesn't happen here" on the part of the administration and BOR ignored.
80sBEAR
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

You're being an idiot, and your derogatory names for Coach Rhule only detract from your credibility.

Nothing indicates CMR has covered up anything, everything publicly reported indicates that he has acted in appropriate ways. When he says that stuff happens everywhere, including Baylor, he stating a reality that "Not my Baylor" and "This kind of thing doesn't happen here" on the part of the administration and BOR ignored.
Strictly hypothetical question. How would the Baylor Nation feel if they learned Baylor and the BOR gave Matt Rhule a $400K pay raise because of his grab ass session with the Indianapolis Colts? Is this okay? How do the non-football donors feel about such a thing? Would they be furious? Just curious. What say you?
-- Dr. David Garland
bear2be2
80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Strictly hypothetical question. How would the Baylor Nation feel if they learned Baylor and the BOR gave Matt Rhule a $400K pay raise because of his grab ass session with the Indianapolis Colts? Is this okay? How do the non-football donors feel about such a thing? Would they be furious? Just curious. What say you?
Who gives a **** ? Seriously.
ColomboLQ
bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

The people who give a **** about Baylor's financial viability maybe?
D. C. Bear
80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Is it OK to ask a strictly hypothetical question? Depends on why someone is asking it.
80sBEAR
bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

I would bet most Baylor Alumni give a ***** Would Baylor donation contributors be happy with giving a 1-11 Football Coach a $400k a year raise? I don't think so. All strictly hypothetical, of course.
-- Dr. David Garland
drahthaar
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

YAD and HC gotta go and everybody that came with them. 14 months, 2 coaches and 2 or 3 players embarass BU. Short leash they knew coming in what the expectations were. All violated their contracts for employment.

Oh, Stranger isn't an idiot, and the man does drag significant credibility in regards to Baylor University. Just not clear what he knows that gens up his comments like the one that lit your fuse. We'll see...
NoBSU
witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

YAD and HC gotta go and everybody that came with them. 14 months, 2 coaches and 2 or 3 players embarass BU. Short leash they knew coming in what the expectations were. All violated their contracts for employment.

Oh, Stranger isn't an idiot, and the man does drag significant credibility in regards to Baylor University. Just not clear what he knows that gens up his comments like the one that lit your fuse. We'll see...
He didn't say he was an idiot. He said he was acting like an idiot. He could have said childish. Not sure it detracts from his credibility as Stranger is just playing to 80's Bear, Gus, Columbo, Krieg, their alts, and about 5 other posters. I don't count Ian's buddy and people who count on Briles for income.
Malbec
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Is it only about covering, or could a solicitor, a sexter and a few rapists be considered bad dudes? Or maybe, could it be that when we all live in the sewer of this modern social construct, we all get some **** on us every now and then?
Stranger
NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

He didn't say he was an idiot. He said he was acting like an idiot. He could have said childish. Not sure it detracts from his credibility as Stranger is just playing to 80's Bear, Gus, Columbo, Krieg, their alts, and about 5 other posters. I don't count Ian's buddy and people who count on Briles for income.

Actually he said I was being an idiot, not acting like one. If somebody is being one then I guess he was saying I pretty much was one. He's entitled to his opinion. Lots of folks wearing them green and gold spectacles most likely share his half-baked opinion.

And I'm not posting my thoughts to please or play to any of those other guys you mentioned. I tend to paddle my own canoe and let the chips fall where they may.

My sources indicate that little Matty has a bunch of bad dudes, not unlike his predecessor. And he knows it. I don't think the environment has changed one iota.

The difference is Baylor now has a coach/preacher who possesses a glib tongue for convincing the believers that he is somewhat holier and better than those that came before.

You can believe me or don't. Makes me no never mind. If you don't, keep slurping down that Pablum that he's dishing out. It makes you feel better.

Ol' Merle posed the musical question one time. "Are the good times really over for good?" Could be, Merle. We'll see.
I'm a Bearbacker
Russell Gym
Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Actually he said I was being an idiot, not acting like one. If somebody is being one then I guess he was saying I pretty much was one. He's entitled to his opinion. Lots of folks wearing them green and gold spectacles most likely share his half-baked opinion.

And I'm not posting my thoughts to please or play to any of those other guys you mentioned. I tend to paddle my own canoe and let the chips fall where they may.

My sources indicate that little Matty has a bunch of bad dudes, not unlike his predecessor. And he knows it. I don't think the environment has changed one iota.

The difference is Baylor now has a coach/preacher who possesses a glib tongue for convincing the believers that he is somewhat holier and better than those that came before.

You can believe me or don't. Makes me no never mind. If you don't, keep slurping down that Pablum that he's dishing out. It makes you feel better.

Ol' Merle posed the musical question one time. "Are the good times really over for good?" Could be, Merle. We'll see.

I don't need to wear green & gold glasses to recognize that your childish name-calling detracts from your credibility. It's unnecessary and lessens the impact of your opinions.

The name-calling and condescension are traits most associated with trolling posts. That's easy enough to see, no matter what the opinion.
NoBSU
Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Your sources still play bridge every Tuesday.
Stranger
NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Your sources still play bridge every Tuesday.

Not even close. Never played that game. My Mother still plays four or five times a week. Keeps her sharp and out of trouble.

A man has to believe in something. Unlike many, I choose not to follow the gospel of little Matty.
I'm a Bearbacker
D. C. Bear
Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Actually he said I was being an idiot, not acting like one. If somebody is being one then I guess he was saying I pretty much was one.

Whether you are an idiot on a regular basis or only on occasion, you are being an idiot in this instance.
BaylorProud77
80's Bear you never cease to amaze me
80sBEAR
BaylorProud77 said:

80's Bear you never cease to amaze me
You sound like my wife. AckAckAckAckAck!!!!!!
-- Dr. David Garland
BaylorProud77
Lolololol a smart woman! Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.