Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,408 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
57Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
80sBEAR said:

It is only $25 million. You know as well as anybody, $25 million doesn't buy what it used to.
Having never had that experience, I will take your word for it.
NoBSU
Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

It will be uncovered. This facet of the situation, meaning how did the staff deal with it and when or not deal with it, will not be kept secret for long. It will come out.
So you don't know the names of the players but you know specifics of the football staff not "dealing" with it properly? So how specifically did they not deal with it?
I'm trying to be real polite to you even though you are the insulting people makes you feel more important and better about yourself type. I dont know the answer to the question and never said I did ( apparently you are not as good at reading comprehension as you believe) hence the reason I have asked the damn question that the other poster asked. That is how basic communication works. One asks questions to find out things he or she is curious about knowing. Hopefully you can understand that concept.

The answer to the question is an important one and will come out at some point. It is folly to think this will be kept under the rug. Frankly I think it is stupid to try keep it under the rug if the answer makes the staff look good.
The other poster asked? You asked the same question a little while ago and again what 5 times since Friday night.

Let's say that you aren't getting an official answer on the status of the players until the DA finishes with the Grand Jury. Let's play what if. Let's say March 10th 1 player is indicted for distributing a video not sexual assault and 1-3 are not. Let's say March 11th Rhule or the AD releases a statement that the 1 player is suspended from the team pending the outcome of the case. Let's say there is zero discipline on the other 1-3 players at this time. What was done wrong? What has been swept under the rug?

You act like these kids are gonna get a fair shake with he "Justice system" anyways they will fight cheat and lie to convict no matter if these kids are guilty or not because they are corrupt
Another poster that just makes up stuff about what I think and posts. Why does you keave me out of it and attack tge DA. Don't lie and act like you know me or my opinions because you certainly aren't getting that from my post. PartyBear set the topic - What did coaches do wrong and what did Baylor sweep under the rug?

What is it with this week-end?
DustyM
MilliVanilli said:

DustyM said:

Robemcdo said:

What took place in the meeting room is that the regents were read a pile of crap written by Cary Gray which somehow has been labeled the Finding Of Fact and attributed to the gals from PH. FOF was written by Gray.. and all of a sudden the villains became the black athletes and the guy who brought them here .

I think you've heard this story before
Your absolutely correct, but the six or seven that scream the loudest won't allow this to be said enough to get folks to listen. The reality is that if Ramsower is still holding the COO spot, he is going to continue to cover up all of the sexual assaults. Considering 90-95% of all sexual assaults on this campus are committed by the frat boys and their buddies. You would think that even the BOR worshipers would realize that they are beating a dead horse by accusing the football team and staff. BUT NOPE, they continue to double down, no matter what.

I still think they are being paid to act this way, there is no other reason for it.
The two of you are a fine tandem of certifiable delusion. Then again, you are a sock.

Congrats, your little picture just shows what everyone on most of the football message boards in the great state of Texas considers you as. An ASS spouting, well, you get it.
Robemcdo
NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

It will be uncovered. This facet of the situation, meaning how did the staff deal with it and when or not deal with it, will not be kept secret for long. It will come out.
So you don't know the names of the players but you know specifics of the football staff not "dealing" with it properly? So how specifically did they not deal with it?
I'm trying to be real polite to you even though you are the insulting people makes you feel more important and better about yourself type. I dont know the answer to the question and never said I did ( apparently you are not as good at reading comprehension as you believe) hence the reason I have asked the damn question that the other poster asked. That is how basic communication works. One asks questions to find out things he or she is curious about knowing. Hopefully you can understand that concept.

The answer to the question is an important one and will come out at some point. It is folly to think this will be kept under the rug. Frankly I think it is stupid to try keep it under the rug if the answer makes the staff look good.
The other poster asked? You asked the same question a little while ago and again what 5 times since Friday night.

Let's say that you aren't getting an official answer on the status of the players until the DA finishes with the Grand Jury. Let's play what if. Let's say March 10th 1 player is indicted for distributing a video not sexual assault and 1-3 are not. Let's say March 11th Rhule or the AD releases a statement that the 1 player is suspended from the team pending the outcome of the case. Let's say there is zero discipline on the other 1-3 players at this time. What was done wrong? What has been swept under the rug?

You act like these kids are gonna get a fair shake with he "Justice system" anyways they will fight cheat and lie to convict no matter if these kids are guilty or not because they are corrupt
Another poster that just makes up stuff about what I think and posts. Why does you keave me out of it and attack tge DA. Don't lie and act like you know me or my opinions because you certainly aren't getting that from my post. PartyBear set the topic - What did coaches do wrong and what did Baylor sweep under the rug?

We still don't have answers from 5 years ago about what coaches did wrong and what actually got swept under the rug and who did the sweeping .

We could be in for a long wait on the latest
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

bearlyafarmer said:

Quick question: What is the current participation/team status of the Baylor football players alleged to have been involved in November 2017 in a sexual assault and or videoing/distribution of alleged video of same?
The answer to this question will see the light of day at some point. Hopefully the answer is a good one and not one that raises alot of questions and more controversy.
Since nobody here seems to know the names of the players, how can anybody answer that question?

Easy. ADMR just has to state the status of the players. He doesn't need to give names. Easy. Done.
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

If, using your scenario, it plays out like that, the headline will be "Baylor Keeps Alleged Rapists on Football Team For 5 Months".
PartyBear
NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

You are doing classic projecting. It is in fact you making up what other people say or you are not reading carefully or you are not understanding what you read. The question I asked is "What is the status of the current players in regards to the team?" Not "what did coaches do wrong and what did Baylor sweep under the rug?" Despite what you may think you do not look clever when you chime in on that question and say "what are their names? and then chastise the person asking the question for not knowing their names. It looks like maybe a 14 year old thinking they are really clever and artful in avoiding answering a direct question. It isnt impressive. You also look transparently scared of the answer or if you in fact know the answer, scared of it coming out, when you clearly think I know the answer to the question. Again I'm asking because I am curious about knowing this and the answer is an important one. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

As Yoak said all the AD has to do is release a brief statement of their status without any name mentioned.
Keyser Soze
So we want our AD to publicly announce "we have a situation where something may or may not have happened. We are investigating and acting appropriately"

or maybe "There are two players not participating in off season workouts with the football team. I can not comment beyond that"

That is not likely to happen and not really sure if it should.
80sBEAR
Keyser Soze said:

So we want our AD to publicly announce "we have a situation where something may or may not have happened. We are investigating and acting appropriately"

or maybe "There are two players not participating in off season workouts with the football team. I can not comment beyond that"

That is not likely to happen and not really sure if it should.
The football/ equestrian party took place. Just a matter of whether or not the sex was consensual. The underage drinking is a whole other issue that I don't see the need for Baylor to address publicly.

The fact that KWTX, Keyser, put it out there for public consumption, it is my opinion that Baylor should respond. No need to name names. Silence has been far from golden these last two years. Just my opinion.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Bearwitness8223
NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Baylor didn't sweep anything u see the rug. The DA cheated and lied to convict two men. That's how the scandal started and Baylor knows it. That's why they refuse to come out with the pepper Hamilton report. And that's why they chose to sacrifice Art Briles and not fire any other coach.thats Lao why all the people in the administration still have their jobs. That's also why coach briles assistant coaches continue to find jobs. BEVAUSE THEIR INNOCENT.
THERE WAS NO COVER UP
Keyser Soze
Just me, but there is so little to gain playing ping pong with the press, especially when you really can not say anything other than the most generic of statements.
80sBEAR
Keyser Soze said:

Just me, but there is so little to gain playing ping pong with the press, especially when you really can not say anything other than the most generic of statements.
Our problem is that it has been all ping and no pong. Baylor has been in hibernation mode since most all of this has started which has caused every single accusation (no matter how outrageous) to become the truth. It has been a complete and total Public Relations disaster. This is the opinion of a steel salesman, not an attorney.
-- Dr. David Garland
MilliVanilli
DustyM said:

MilliVanilli said:

DustyM said:

Robemcdo said:

What took place in the meeting room is that the regents were read a pile of crap written by Cary Gray which somehow has been labeled the Finding Of Fact and attributed to the gals from PH. FOF was written by Gray.. and all of a sudden the villains became the black athletes and the guy who brought them here .

I think you've heard this story before
Your absolutely correct, but the six or seven that scream the loudest won't allow this to be said enough to get folks to listen. The reality is that if Ramsower is still holding the COO spot, he is going to continue to cover up all of the sexual assaults. Considering 90-95% of all sexual assaults on this campus are committed by the frat boys and their buddies. You would think that even the BOR worshipers would realize that they are beating a dead horse by accusing the football team and staff. BUT NOPE, they continue to double down, no matter what.

I still think they are being paid to act this way, there is no other reason for it.
The two of you are a fine tandem of certifiable delusion. Then again, you are a sock.

Congrats, your little picture just shows what everyone on most of the football message boards in the great state of Texas considers you as. An ASS spouting, well, you get it.
Ah, an unhinged CAB t-shirt fan that's a sock account.

Endless entertainment to torment, and so easy to do.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

You are doing classic projecting. It is in fact you making up what other people say or you are not reading carefully or you are not understanding what you read. The question I asked is "What is the status of the current players in regards to the team?" Not "what did coaches do wrong and what did Baylor sweep under the rug?" Despite what you may think you do not look clever when you chime in on that question and say "what are their names? and then chastise the person asking the question for not knowing their names. It looks like maybe a 14 year old thinking they are really clever and artful in avoiding answering a direct question. It isnt impressive. You also look transparently scared of the answer or if you in fact know the answer, scared of it coming out, when you clearly think I know the answer to the question. Again I'm asking because I am curious about knowing this and the answer is an important one. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

As Yoak said all the AD has to do is release a brief statement of their status without any name mentioned.
So you are only able to discuss one thought at a time? I am going to have to insist that you are not an administrator with that authority.

Try to stay with the logic here. I told you that nobody seems to know the status of the players. So the only alternative way to answer your question is to know the names of the players. Nobody seems to know their names so we can look them up on the roster. At this point it is down to you asking the question several times a day until the DA acts or Title IX completes with a negative ruling expelling somebody. The ruling won't be released due to FERPA but the player exiting the roster will be obvious. Stay with the logic. A positive or negative ruling will not be released unless by lawsuit. So the DA announcing charges or no bill is how you are going to hear who the players are. If somebody is brave enough to name names before the DA acts, then most of us can look the players up on the official roster. If the name is on it, then your question is answered.

I am not sure when a Baylor freeboard about sports become a forum for effectively pressuring the McC County DA, the BU Athletic Department, or BU Communications? Instead Sic'Em 365 is a discussion board. But you are already showing that you don't wish to discuss this topic. You keep trying to eliminate discussion. You only wish to three acceptable answers: on the team, suspended, or kicked off the team. No discussion is acceptable to you. Your question is important you say. Will you even discuss why it is important?

You seem to be concerned that something was done incorrectly by a coach or AD. Why else your question an important one? The question isn't important just because you asked it. If you don't like my what if then give me your scenario. What specifically are you worried about that the coaches did or did not do?

I am pretty transparent. I am a Baylor graduate and I don't like non-Baylor graduates coming here to hurt Baylor. I don't intend to be nice or considerate to them. If you fit the Robe mold, then yes I intend to be very blunt in my distaste. Expect rebuke.

Baylor graduates get more leeway with me. I can still get cross-ways with them. If they think I have to see it 100% their way is a good way. If they decide to restate what I said in an inaccurate manner. If they think we all or Baylor owes Art Briles anything then that is an issue with me. Because we don't. He was offered a settlement with a NDA. He took the money. I have disliked the wolves and sheep on the BOR for over a decad and the majority likes that (so what).. I posted volumes against the regents on Baylorfans. If you are a Baylor graduate and think there is only one item to discuss on this topic (your current strategy), then go start your own board. You don't tell me what to do here.
NoBSU
Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Baylor didn't sweep anything u see the rug. The DA cheated and lied to convict two men. That's how the scandal started and Baylor knows it. That's why they refuse to come out with the pepper Hamilton report. And that's why they chose to sacrifice Art Briles and not fire any other coach.thats Lao why all the people in the administration still have their jobs. That's also why coach briles assistant coaches continue to find jobs. BEVAUSE THEIR INNOCENT.
THERE WAS NO COVER UP
Thank you for stating your opinion without suggesting I am in league with the DA.

I have told Robe several times that you get the justice that you can afford in America. It isn't often a case of guilt or innocence.
xiledinok
So, when Rev. Wiles speaks out, gets quoted in the media and it doesn't sit well with the former employees and their fans, Wiles is self serving but when Staley speaks out and gets absurd by telling the world, "We love you Baylor" she's not lying or being self serving? Wiles is being himself and Staley being herself, right?

I think some folks just want to bully online Rev. Wiles. It seems the former past would like to kick his ass because what he said to the media damaged the fomer group's cause.

YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

So you are only able to discuss one thought at a time? I am going to have to insist that you are not an administrator with that authority.

Try to stay with the logic here. I told you that nobody seems to know the status of the players. So the only alternative way to answer your question is to know the names of the players. Nobody seems to know their names so we can look them up on the roster. At this point it is down to you asking the question several times a day until the DA acts or Title IX completes with a negative ruling expelling somebody. The ruling won't be released due to FERPA but the player exiting the roster will be obvious. Stay with the logic. A positive or negative ruling will not be released unless by lawsuit. So the DA announcing charges or no bill is how you are going to hear who the players are. If somebody is brave enough to name names before the DA acts, then most of us can look the players up on the official roster. If the name is on it, then your question is answered.

I am not sure when a Baylor freeboard about sports become a forum for effectively pressuring the McC County DA, the BU Athletic Department, or BU Communications? Instead Sic'Em 365 is a discussion board. But you are already showing that you don't wish to discuss this topic. You keep trying to eliminate discussion. You only wish to three acceptable answers: on the team, suspended, or kicked off the team. No discussion is acceptable to you. Your question is important you say. Will you even discuss why it is important?

You seem to be concerned that something was done incorrectly by a coach or AD. Why else your question an important one? The question isn't important just because you asked it. If you don't like my what if then give me your scenario. What specifically are you worried about that the coaches did or did not do?

I am pretty transparent. I am a Baylor graduate and I don't like non-Baylor graduates coming here to hurt Baylor. I don't intend to be nice or considerate to them. If you fit the Robe mold, then yes I intend to be very blunt in my distaste. Expect rebuke.

Baylor graduates get more leeway with me. I can still get cross-ways with them. If they think I have to see it 100% their way is a good way. If they decide to restate what I said in an inaccurate manner. If they think we all or Baylor owes Art Briles anything then that is an issue with me. Because we don't. He was offered a settlement with a NDA. He took the money. I have disliked the wolves and sheep on the BOR for over a decad and the majority likes that (so what).. I posted volumes against the regents on Baylorfans. If you are a Baylor graduate and think there is only one item to discuss on this topic (your current strategy), then go start your own board. You don't tell me what to do here.

As a Baylor grad, the question is important because Baylor has not been transparent or accountable to alumni, stakeholders, students, and the central Texas community for nearly 2 years (or over a decade longer due to the shaming). It's important because if the university is to be believed that football is not as important as allegations of sexual assault and they've gotten their act together, then they must note the status of the players involved. Otherwise, same old Baylor.
YoakDaddy
xiledinok said:

So, when Rev. Wiles speaks out, gets quoted in the media and it doesn't sit well with the former employees and their fans, Wiles is self serving but when Staley speaks out and gets absurd by telling the world, "We love you Baylor" she's not lying or being self serving? Wiles is being himself and Staley being herself, right?

I think some folks just want to bully online Rev. Wiles. It seems the former past would like to kick his ass because what he said to the media damaged the fomer group's cause.

Wiles wears an Auburn shirt when he sits on our BOFR. That's enough to demonstrate a diminished mental capacity by itself.
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

Reverend Wiles is a big boy. Plus he has God and Gus Malzahn in his corner.
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

As a Baylor grad, the question is important because Baylor has not been transparent or accountable to alumni, stakeholders, students, and the central Texas community for nearly 2 years (or over a decade longer due to the shaming). It's important because if the university is to be believed that football is not as important as allegations of sexual assault and they've gotten their act together, then they must note the status of the players involved. Otherwise, same old Baylor.

So if the answer is the players are on the official roster. What does that mean to you? It does not mean anything to me at this time. I am not even sure that we have a sexual assault.
xiledinok
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Reverend Wiles is a big boy. Plus he has God and Gus Malzahn in his corner.

I would think he'd give up on life with only Gus. Most Auburn fans would too.
xiledinok
It's irrelevant to his comments, unless you suggest a conspiracy by him to damage Baylor for Auburn.

From what I ve read and been told, it was Wiles being himself with the comments. I put those comments in the same place I put Staley's ridiculously stupid b.s. comment about loving Baylor.
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

It's irrelevant to his comments, unless you suggest a conspiracy by him to damage Baylor for Auburn.

From what I ve read and been told, it was Wiles being himself with the comments. I put those comments in the same place I put Staley's ridiculously stupid b.s. comment about loving Baylor.
I think you are way too damn critical of Staley Lebby. For crying out loud, the leadership of Baylor did all they could to trash the reputation of her father and her husband. I would hope my daughter would stand up for and defend me under the same circumstances. I think it is very possible for her to love Baylor but be less than pleased with the behavior and actions of some of those involved that lead Baylor.

For the record, I will always love Baylor but am less than pleased with our leadership.
-- Dr. David Garland
Robemcdo
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

I think you are way too damn critical of Staley Lebby. For crying out loud, the leadership of Baylor did all they could to trash the reputation of her father and her husband. I would hope my daughter would stand up for and defend me under the same circumstances. I think it is very possible for her to love Baylor but be less than pleased with the behavior and actions of some of those involved that lead Baylor.

For the record, I will always love Baylor but am less than pleased with our leadership.

Staley is the only female in this whole 'rape ' scandal that has put up a fight ...that has uttered a scream. Ironic I would say
Keyser Soze
So No doesn't mean No unless it is screamed loud enough for others to hear it?

vanillabryce
Wouldn't it be very hard to prove that they didn't give verbal consent? Basically a he said-she said situation.

Honest question - not a legal expert by any means.
PartyBear
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

This is a lengthy non responsive essay to anything I have said. Here is the bottom line and it really has been this simple through out this thread. You and others have discussed this matter at length as to what you have heard etc without having to know the names of players to have heard something. I have simply asked "What is the current status of the players with regard to the team?' My assumption is you folks who have heard everything else about these players and victims would have heard about their status as well. Frankly it is somewhat intriguing that you havent, if you folks in fact have not.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

This is a lengthy non responsive essay to anything I have said. Here is the bottom line and it really has been this simple through out this thread. You and others have discussed this matter at length as to what you have heard etc without having to know the names of players to have heard something. I have simply asked "What is the current status of the players with regard to the team?' My assumption is you folks who have heard everything else about these players and victims would have heard about their status as well. Frankly it is somewhat intriguing that you havent, if you folks in fact have not.
I have heard what I read in threads on this board. So I don't know their status. What do expect their status to be so it is not damaging to Baylor?
xiledinok
80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Staley's comments were self serving if you want to claim Wiles' comments were self serving. Wiles wasn't getting financial incentive to comment on our situation. His career and reputation weren't on the line.
Staley has been in the middle of it. Anymore CAB t shirts you guys and girls want to sell?

Robe, Staley hasn't done very well with whatever her agenda was post firing. There is a difference between effective and ineffective ways to accomplish your goals. She trashed the place that gave her dad that trash letter. No college board wants to put their duty at risk believing in such trash. They saw the post firing actions.

Rev. Wiles was an easy target. Hard for the talibaptists to understand his style, odd to the outsiders but charismatic enough to give a bluntly honest quote to the media.
MilliVanilli
Robemcdo said:

80sBEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Staley is the only female in this whole 'rape ' scandal that has put up a fight ...that has uttered a scream. Ironic I would say
You truly are a worthless POS.
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

So if the answer is the players are on the official roster. What does that mean to you? It does not mean anything to me at this time. I am not even sure that we have a sexual assault.

The official roster is a weak response and you know it. Communicating status within the team goes to building trust that will take years to build back. What happens when/if the DA chooses to go after 1-4 of these players and they've been participating with the team for 5 months? It'll be the same old Baylor; can't learn its lesson. Baylor needs to prepared for that scenario and it's optics. Sharing the status alleviates future pressure.

As to whether or not "we have a sexual assault"....that's the same shaming attitude that's been there for decades.
bear2be2
Keyser Soze said:

So No doesn't mean No unless it is screamed loud enough for others to hear it?
Robe is one sick puppy. Why he's allowed to continue to spew his **** here after some of the crazy crap he's said is beyond me.
bear2be2
YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

The official roster is a weak response and you know it. Communicating status within the team goes to building trust that will take years to build back. What happens when/if the DA chooses to go after 1-4 of these players and they've been participating with the team for 5 months? It'll be the same old Baylor; can't learn its lesson. Baylor needs to prepared for that scenario and it's optics. Sharing the status alleviates future pressure.

As to whether or not "we have a sexual assault"....that's the same shaming attitude that's been there for decades.
If those guys were participating in team activities after the allegations, the staff will deserve whatever criticism/punishment comes its way. But only dyed in the wool #CABers are assuming that to be the case without a shred of evidence to support it at this point.

If Rhule and Co. were dumb enough to do nothing about this incident on the heels of a major sexual assault scandal, then we'll deserve the pitchfork mob that comes when that becomes known. But nothing we've learned about Matt Rhule to this point suggests that's likely.
NoBSU
YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

I don't think the official roster is a weak response. I think it is a policy response. More on that in a minute.

I don't know that we had a sexual assault. The TV headline was pretty exact and the story very broad. That is not **** shaming to wonder if the posters that say it was consensual sex but the objection is the sharing of the video. That means nor assault.

What is you level of tolerance? I know mine. Nobody is asking mine. You assumed that I think if they are accused of sexual assault that I think it is okay that they are active members of the team. I didn't say that. Nobody asked that. You and three others have posted what you think I think on this topic and the Briles/Petersen. The others have acted shocked when I strongly object to that. At least you are discussing it.

So what should the policy be as to suspension? What should the policy be towards kicking them off the team?

I think the general media objected to things not being referred to Title IX. When 99% of schools set policy that a mandatory reporter has to report to Title IX designees, then the media assumed that was the policy at Baylor. I am not sure what the policy was at Baylor. Garland's deposition sure did not clear that up. The media was asking the wrong questions during most of our scandal. What was our policy on mandatory reporting? Did the coaches report as to our policy? The media skipped the first question and only asked part of the second. It does not matter if we called our department Judicial Affairs or later Title IX. The right question to ask is What was our policy on mandatory reporters (who is a mandatory reporter and where/when do they report). You did not ask me Yoak, but I think we are in trouble if the coaches learned of an assault and did not report it to Title IX. I'm not sure if posting/sharing the photos is a Title IX or Clery Act reportable for an employee. So who violated Baylor policy?

Assault or not this is a that Judicial Affairs will want to review. Are all athletes reported for anything to Judicial Affairs to be automatically suspended? Is this what you are saying you want or the media wants? Are all athletes charges with a misdemeanor to be automatically suspended? Are all athletes charged with a felony to be automatically suspended?
80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

Bearwitness8223 said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

I don't think the official roster is a weak response. I think it is a policy response. More on that in a minute.

I don't know that we had a sexual assault. The TV headline was pretty exact and the story very broad. That is not **** shaming to wonder if the posters that say it was consensual sex but the objection is the sharing of the video. That means nor assault.

What is you level of tolerance? I know mine. Nobody is asking mine. You assumed that I think if they are accused of sexual assault that I think it is okay that they are active members of the team. I didn't say that. Nobody asked that. You and three others have posted what you think I think on this topic and the Briles/Petersen. The others have acted shocked when I strongly object to that. At least you are discussing it.

So what should the policy be as to suspension? What should the policy be towards kicking them off the team?

I think the general media objected to things not being referred to Title IX. When 99% of schools set policy that a mandatory reporter has to report to Title IX designees, then the media assumed that was the policy at Baylor. I am not sure what the policy was at Baylor. Garland's deposition sure did not clear that up. The media was asking the wrong questions during most of our scandal. What was our policy on mandatory reporting? Did the coaches report as to our policy? The media skipped the first question and only asked part of the second. It does not matter if we called our department Judicial Affairs or later Title IX. The right question to ask is What was our policy on mandatory reporters (who is a mandatory reporter and where/when do they report). You did not ask me Yoak, but I think we are in trouble if the coaches learned of an assault and did not report it to Title IX. I'm not sure if posting/sharing the photos is a Title IX or Clery Act reportable for an employee. So who violated Baylor policy?

Assault or not this is a that Judicial Affairs will want to review. Are all athletes reported for anything to Judicial Affairs to be automatically suspended? Is this what you are saying you want or the media wants? Are all athletes charges with a misdemeanor to be automatically suspended? Are all athletes charged with a felony to be automatically suspended?
There are two things, No-BSU that still concern me about the November incident. One favors Baylor and the other does not.

1) Why did the accusers wait six days to report the incident to Baylor?

2) Upon Baylor learning the incident took place off campus, did they encourage the accusers to contact the Waco Police? Did anyone from Baylor (football coaches, equestrian coaches, or administrators) discourage the accusers from contacting the Waco Police?
-- Dr. David Garland

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.