Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,367 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Though he is not a grad of Auburn. He is a big Auburn fan apparently. As I said he doesnt cry out to God over our type of guys now that they are his Auburn Tigers.
Keyser Soze
If he is a person with empathy he might cry out after hearing enough stories of rape and assault of women.
bear2be2
YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

It is a crime to distribute photos or videos without the consent of all the participants in the video even if they did consent to being filmed or photographed. If any one in the video was under 18 that is another whole problem. If anyone didnt consent to being filmed or photographed that is another whole serious problem. If we have a combination of these problems. There is a serious mess for the people who committed the crimes. Anyone who would put themselves in position of being accused of this should not be part of the team while this is investigated. If Bennett saying "we hope to have him back soon" (after the investigation) is bad. Then having these guys still is even worse. Hopefully they have not been with the team since November when this happened.

^^^^ and this is exactly why I've been saying that Baylor needs to publicly state their status on the team.
To appease Briles loyalists?
YoakDaddy
bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

It is a crime to distribute photos or videos without the consent of all the participants in the video even if they did consent to being filmed or photographed. If any one in the video was under 18 that is another whole problem. If anyone didnt consent to being filmed or photographed that is another whole serious problem. If we have a combination of these problems. There is a serious mess for the people who committed the crimes. Anyone who would put themselves in position of being accused of this should not be part of the team while this is investigated. If Bennett saying "we hope to have him back soon" (after the investigation) is bad. Then having these guys still is even worse. Hopefully they have not been with the team since November when this happened.

^^^^ and this is exactly why I've been saying that Baylor needs to publicly state their status on the team.

I don't give a dam about Briles loyalists. It would be to demonstrate in a manner as transparent as the law allows that we've learned our lesson.
80sBEAR
Keyser Soze said:

If he is a person with empathy he might cry out after hearing enough stories of rape and assault of women.
How about the sex toy salesman sitting in the big chair? Any tears?
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

I don't give a dam about Briles loyalists. It would be to demonstrate in a manner as transparent as the law allows that we've learned our lesson.

I think there would be a statement out by now if it were Waco PD and the police report was public record so names were named. I think there would be an official detailed Baylor comment if the media named the players. I think there will be a detailed official Baylor comment when the DA charges or announces no charges. The regents throw out the student privacy schtik way too much, but it does exist. As soon as somebody names the players, I think Baylor can answer some specifics. FERPA is real.

Yes the CAB and Ian loyalists want this to be a story. They don't care about anything else. I don't believe much of what they type here.
80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

I think there would be a statement out by now if it were Waco PD and the police report was public record so names were named. I think there would be an official detailed Baylor comment if the media named the players. I think there will be a detailed official Baylor comment when the DA charges or announces no charges. The regents throw out the student privacy schtik way too much, but it does exist. As soon as somebody names the players, I think Baylor can answer some specifics. FERPA is real.

Yes the CAB and Ian loyalists want this to be a story. They don't care about anything else. I don't believe much of what they type here.
Yes the Rhule/Rhoades and BOR loyalists don't want this to be a story. They don't care about anything else. I don't believe much of what they type here.
NoBSU
80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

Well Dick used to sell silk restraints and I think blindfolds. So back then there might have been some relief he could give to his fellow regents.
NoBSU
80sBEAR said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

Yes the Rhule and Rhoades loyalists don't want this to be a story. They don't care about anything else. I don't believe much of what they type here.
Do you actually believe there are Rhoades and Rhule loyalists?
80sBEAR
NoBSU said:

80sBEAR said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

Yes the Rhule and Rhoades loyalists don't want this to be a story. They don't care about anything else. I don't believe much of what they type here.
Absolutely. They pump sunshine and rainbows here most everyday.
-- Dr. David Garland
NoBSU
80sBEAR said:

NoBSU said:

80sBEAR said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

Absolutely. They pump sunshine and rainbows here most everyday.
You mean like Robemcdo and Bearwitness?
bearlyafarmer
bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

Not at all. As consistency fans, we just want to know if Rhule's goal posts are in the same place Briles' were. Which may be the reason the perfectly pertinent question isn't being answered, we're thinking.
Keyser Soze
Every coach in the country has a narrower path than what Briles had because of Briles.

When it came to compliance, Briles couldn't make an extra point. It is ridiculous to think that Rhule has a easier path or that things are more relaxed today.

So now we have (an appropriate) information void, and look who is filling it - the same black T-shirt crowd that cried scapegoat.
bear2be2
YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

And I don't give a damn what's made public or how quickly as long as the right things are being done behind the scenes. We'll know sooner or later whether this particular situation was handled correctly. And if it becomes apparent it wasn't, I'll join the Briles boys in calling for accountability. But the fact that they're calling for it now when they were more than content with our previous 'don't ask, don't tell' discipline policy is the irony of all ironies.
YoakDaddy
bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

And I don't give a damn what's made public or how quickly as long as the right things are being done behind the scenes. We'll know sooner or later whether this particular situation was handled correctly. And if it becomes apparent it wasn't, I'll join the Briles boys in calling for accountability. But the fact that they're calling for it now when they were more than content with our previous 'don't ask, don't tell' discipline policy is the irony of all ironies.

I get the irony. I don't need names and Baylor doesn't have to give them in a statement, but seeing as how Baylor has been less than transparent or accountable over the last 2 years (and over a decade before 2016), it would give alumni and stakeholders as sense that things are being done the right way if they would simply state the current status of those players involved. No names; just whether or not they have been since November or are currently participating in team activities.
YoakDaddy
80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

The sex toy salesman hasn't been in the big chair since May 2016 to which the bank wrecker took over immediately after. He quietly slithered off last year.
bearlyafarmer
YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

I get the irony. I don't need names and Baylor doesn't have to give them in a statement, but seeing as how Baylor has been less than transparent or accountable over the last 2 years (and over a decade before 2016), it would give alumni and stakeholders as sense that things are being done the right way if they would simply state the current status of those players involved. No names; just whether or not they have been since November or are currently participating in team activities.
A most reasonable stance. All the more because failurel to provide this innocuous information arouses suspicion that if anything, standards in our football program have been lowered rather than raised.
NoBSU
YoakDaddy said:

80sBEAR said:

Keyser Soze said:

The sex toy salesman hasn't been in the big chair since May 2016 to which the bank wrecker took over immediately after. He quietly slithered off last year.
It was easy. He has access to a lot of lubricant.
D. C. Bear
NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bear2be2 said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

Even when names are public, FERPA is real.
xiledinok
So, Rev. Wiles basically tells the media (transparency cries from all) about what took place in the meeting room and gets accused of being insincere.

Robert, did Wiles lie about what took place? You all just have sour grapes it seems.

The only people who should have sour grapes should be the Baylor Alumni and fans who are publicly embarrassed by our football program, athletic department, administration, and board of regents. Did I miss a group?

The insurance carriers are deciding what to settle and for whatever amount. They apparently don't like our facts. Rev. Wiles' comments burned good. It caused trouble and it made Wiles a target. It still didn't move those writing checks.
Robemcdo
What took place in the meeting room is that the regents were read a pile of crap written by Cary Gray which somehow has been labeled the Finding Of Fact and attributed to the gals from PH. FOF was written by Gray.. and all of a sudden the villains became the black athletes and the guy who brought them here .

I think you've heard this story before
PartyBear
xiledinok said:

The only people who should have sour grapes should be the Baylor Alumni and fans who are publicly embarrassed by our football program, athletic department, administration, and board of regents. Did I miss a group?

Did you not notice these are the people who do post and there are many more who dont post, but who you and a few others criticize for being embarrassed by our football program, athletic department, administration and Regents???
Keyser Soze
Just can't figure out why Briles and Shillinglaw walked away from all that free money in those defamation suits they filed. A real head scratcher.
PartyBear
I wonder why some people are wondering about Briles right now almost 2 years after he was fired and not wondering about the current staff in relation to the current players involved in the current incident and whether the players involved in the current incident are still on the team. That is the real head scratcher...... well actually not much of a head scratcher really.
xiledinok
Robemcdo said:

What took place in the meeting room is that the regents were read a pile of crap written by Cary Gray which somehow has been labeled the Finding Of Fact and attributed to the gals from PH. FOF was written by Gray.. and all of a sudden the villains became the black athletes and the guy who brought them here .

Cary Gray? I don't think he works for the insurance company. You need to realize the insurance companies writing the checks do not like our facts including our witnesses.

Pile of crap? Stop diverting. Did Rev. Wiles lie about what happened with crying and what was said in the meeting room?

Cary Gray called b.s. on things. You cannot lie to your boss and not get fired.
JusHappy2BeHere
Keyser Soze said:

Just can't figure out why Briles and Shillinglaw walked away from all that free money in those defamation suits they filed. A real head scratcher.

Spoken like a lawyer who has more money, lawyers, political capital, networks, and social media warriors who are all aligned against a citizen
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

xiledinok said:

Did you not notice these are the people who do post and there are many more who dont post, but who you and a few others criticize for being embarrassed by our football program, athletic department, administration and Regents???
Seems like sour grapes with Rev. Wiles' comments. The comments caught the airwaves and angered the robe. Rev. Wikes ' comments didnt impact outsiders but bothered the robe.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Robemcdo said:

We can go over everything over and over again until everyone's heart is content. While we are at it, how many black (or even minority) male representatives are on the Baylor Board of Regents, even to this day? 0. There are none. There are no male minority Baylor Regents, even though Baylor University has a 38% minority freshman enrollment rate this year.

"Trust us. We will make it all ok. Have we ever let you down before?"
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
Keyser Soze
Not a big Occam's Razor fan ?
80sBEAR
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

Robemcdo said:

We can go over everything over and over again until everyone's heart is content. While we are at it, how many black (or even minority) male representatives are on the Baylor Board of Regents, even to this day? 0. There are none. There are no male minority Baylor Regents, even though Baylor University has a 38% minority freshman enrollment rate this year.

"Trust us. We will make it all ok. Have we ever let you down before?"
Actually, Tommy Lou, there is a single black BOR member. But I am told like the rest of the potted plants, she does not dare open her mouth and speak her opinion to the small handful of Jones disciples that run show.
-- Dr. David Garland
xiledinok
I don't see any minorities on the regent board of the Big 12 champs. The Big 12 champs cannot even get into a frat party.
Weren't these Baylor incidents involving minority women?
I would love to have a black male on the Baylor board again but I do not know who would be interested.
Our new President might change it
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

I don't see any minorities on the regent board of the Big 12 champs.
Not correct. Christopher Howard was probably the smartest of the bunch. He took the high road and quietly stepped down in September of 2016 supposedly to spend more time focusing on his day job.

I think he was probably much too fiduciary and not enough churchy. No room for such thinking on the Baylor Board of Regents.

https://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=126620
-- Dr. David Garland
JusHappy2BeHere
Keyser Soze said:

Not a big Occam's Razor fan ?
Not a fan of lawyers, but an observant citizen of the US Justice system for the last 50 years.

Deep Pockets beat citizens almost all of the time.
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
Keyser Soze
Briles net worth exceeded 99.99% of the citizens. Add to that the fact a legal victory would get him back in coaching.

What is the simple answer?

Robemcdo
Keyser Soze said:

Briles net worth exceeded 99.99% of the citizens. Add to that the fact a legal victory would get him back in coaching.

What is the simple answer?

Simple answer
He has honor

He sacrificed his reputation so his coaches could survive the storm . The three amigos went after Art's family (a nice little lawyer trick )

And they one by one seem to be surviving just fine .

And Art one day will be rewarded for his sacrifice

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.