Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,374 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Did everyone consent to a video being made in the first place? What is the allegation as to that issue?
That's the Baylor rumor PB. Consensual sex but not consensual video at Baylor. We will have to wait for the DA to see if the rumor is valid or crap. Not sure what charge that is in Texas or if it is a felony.
So you're saying they made a secret video with a hidden camera? I thought it was the distribution of the video that was the problem?
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Did everyone consent to a video being made in the first place? What is the allegation as to that issue?
That's the Baylor rumor PB. Consensual sex but not consensual video at Baylor. We will have to wait for the DA to see if the rumor is valid or crap. Not sure what charge that is in Texas or if it is a felony.

If the alleged victim was under 18 and the video was shared, that'll be a big problem for the alleged assailant not to mention the alleged assault of a minor. Most college students are over 18 but there's possibly a few 17 year old freshman.
NoBSU
Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

So you're saying they made a secret video with a hidden camera? I thought it was the distribution of the video that was the problem?
I am not a source first of all. Spreading a Snapchats around without consent is the rumor so yes you are correct. Now that you mention it, that is an interesting point if the woman knew about the video but did not consent to distribution.

I hate to bring out the "As a father" commentary, but if my daughter didn't object to the filing, then that would change this dad's anger focus to her.
PartyBear
It is a crime to distribute photos or videos without the consent of all the participants in the video even if they did consent to being filmed or photographed. If any one in the video was under 18 that is another whole problem. If anyone didnt consent to being filmed or photographed that is another whole serious problem. If we have a combination of these problems. There is a serious mess for the people who committed the crimes. Anyone who would put themselves in position of being accused of this should not be part of the team while this is investigated. If Bennett saying "we hope to have him back soon" (after the investigation) is bad. Then having these guys still is even worse. Hopefully they have not been with the team since November when this happened.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

It is a crime to distribute photos or videos without the consent of all the participants in the video even if they did consent to being filmed or photographed. If any one in the video was under 18 that is another whole problem. If anyone didnt consent to being filmed or photographed that is another whole serious problem. If we have a combination of these problems. There is a serious mess for the people who committed the crimes. Anyone who would put themselves in position of being accused of this should not be part of the team while this is investigated. If Bennett saying "we hope to have him back soon" (after the investigation) is bad. Then having these guys still is even worse. Hopefully they have not been with the team since November when this happened.

It might be a misdemeanor. I m still trying to figure out how a station that transmits 45 miles and has relationships with the past can claim it was sexual assault.
They must be as short on ethics as they are on news content.

We know it was 1) not breaking news. Ashley had already reported it. 2) Not anywhere close to sexual assault. It was a poor choice and possibly a crime 3) These guys are not being touted as future starters or a future part of the team.

PartyBear
We do not know that it wasnt. They have sources saying it was. Perhaps a girl has changed her mind about the nature of the situation. This is what happened in all the other ones. There is an investigation.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

We do not know that it wasnt. They have sources saying it was. Perhaps a girl has changed her mind about the nature of the situation. This is what happened in all the other ones. There is an investigation.

No one else has reported anything close to sexual assault.
Their sources last time were Kaz and others former fired employees. The outside media questions KWTX.
Perhaps they need to find credible sources. No one else is in panic mode but the past looking to stir up issues. I guess I would panic too if I had high hopes this event would be a major story to embarrass Baylor.
80sBEAR
Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

The most interesting thing to maybe come out of this little football/ equestrian party is who the cameraman was.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
xiledinok
80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

The most interesting thing to maybe come out of this little football/ equestrian party is who the cameraman was.

Would it be a Briles' recruit? The crack staff at KWTX needs to tell us. We would hate to have harmless Rev. Wiles have to cry some more about the past.
NoBSU
80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

I would add "the network" or share list. I wonder if sharing films and videos is a problem we have along with alcohol obscuring memories.
YoakDaddy
PartyBear said:

^^^^ and this is exactly why I've been saying that Baylor needs to publicly state their status on the team.
NoBSU
YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

^^^^ and this is exactly why I've been saying that Baylor needs to publicly state their status on the team.
AND when the DA acts as to the crime, then Baylor will usually comment.

Robemcdo
Considering the last time an equestrian member came forward with a complaint and it somehow resulted in the firing of her coach I would take the under on the likelihood this latest event was handled right
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

PartyBear said:

AND when the DA acts as to the crime, then Baylor will usually comment.

Which can take several months in the meanwhile we have alleged sexual assaulters on the team. Same old tone deaf Baylor.
80sBEAR
xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Would it be a Briles' recruit? The crack staff at KWTX needs to tell us. We would hate to have harmless Rev. Wiles have to cry some more about the past.
If so, he is gone. Hope he has some representation. The Briles Player Purge by Matt Rhule is not quite complete.

Briles Bad Dudes- Bad
Matt Rhule Bad Dudes- Good
-- Dr. David Garland
Forest Bueller
xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Well if he is being consistent, then this new situation should have triggered more wailing and thrashing around on the ground in a great big "show" of remorse and sorrow.
NoBSU
Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Well if he is being consistent, then this new situation should have triggered more wailing and thrashing around on the ground in a great big "show" of remorse and sorrow.

Like this?

Oh wait, that was kind of, sort of an admission which is not publicly regentesque.
xiledinok
NoBSU said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Like this?

Oh wait, that was kind of, sort of an admission which is not publicly regentesque.

Rev. Wiles is the easiest one to pick on because he's a charismatic and is a bit different. Very harmless but definitely one to catch on the TV set.
This is utter importance to discredit Baylor. All the robes rowdy friends are out in full force while crying for equal media treatment. Strange that they would still be meddling in Baylor's affairs. There's s good timely story that will create clicks with good reporting.
57Bear
xiledinok said:

Rev. Wiles is the easiest one to pick on because he's a charismatic and is a bit different. Very harmless but definitely one to catch on the TV set.
This is utter importance to discredit Baylor. All the robes rowdy friends are out in full force while crying for equal media treatment. Strange that they would still be meddling in Baylor's affairs. There's s good timely story that will create clicks with good reporting.
How did you conclude that Wiles is very harmless?
Robert Wilson
57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

You're speaking with an agenda, as opposed to encountering an actual conclusion.
80sBEAR
Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

You're speaking with an agenda, as opposed to encountering an actual conclusion.
At this point, I am thinking we should maybe invite Jimmy Swaggart to join the Baylor BOR. I think he would definitely increase the level of honesty and integrity.
-- Dr. David Garland
Robert Wilson
80sBEAR said:

Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

At this point, I am thinking we should maybe invite Jimmy Swaggart to join the Baylor BOR. I think he would definitely increase the level of honesty and integrity.

But he said sinned. I think that's an automatic disqualifier.
NoBSU
Robert Wilson said:

80sBEAR said:

Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

If crashing a financial institution ... makes you a top level fiscal manager. If selling sexual aids where possession of such would earn a young dorm dweller the boot or at least severe discipline (one was the "Kiss" oral sex simulator) ... makes you a moral leader to creating superchristians. If sitting silently except during leadership votes where you elect the same handful of FOBers as Regent officers/public mouthpieces for over a dozen years ... makes you a governing official. Well, why not jump in Jimmy. They killed the must be SBC member to be a regent thing. Can he bring in some money and say "sworn to secrecy" and "need to refer you to the official spokesperson" to the press? Hired.
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

Robert Wilson said:

80sBEAR said:

Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

If crashing a financial institution ... makes you a top level fiscal manager. If selling sexual aids where possession of such would earn a young dorm dweller the boot or at least severe discipline (one was the "Kiss" oral sex simulator) ... makes you a moral leader to creating superchristians. If sitting silently except during leadership votes where you elect the same handful of FOBers as Regent officers/public mouthpieces for over a dozen years ... makes you a governing official. Well, why not jump in Jimmy. They killed the must be SBC member to be a regent thing. Can he bring in some money and say "sworn to secrecy" and "need to refer you to the official spokesperson" to the press? Hired.

AMEN and AMEN.
YoakDaddy
Robert Wilson said:

80sBEAR said:

Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Yes. Acknowledgement of your personal sin is an automatic disqualifier for BOFR membership.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
NoBSU said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Like this?

"In the end, we hope that more people will be led to Christianity by way of our actions. We are fine Christian soldiers. Please visit First Baptist Church Arlington and Prestonwood Baptist Church, respectively."
https://instagr.am/p/BU4fcYFhXQ8
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
xiledinok
57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Well, unless you are a disgraced football coach that doesn't want a big church pastor preaching to his flock that might send their kids to 6A high schools, I don't see how he is a threat.
Perhaps some of us (Baylor alumni, Christians, non Christians, non Baptist, believers in Christ, non believers in Christ, non Talibaptists) just don't see how a crying clergy man or a crying for God clergy man hearing stories about bad things by bad dudes is a danger or harmful.
What has Wiles done other than cry or bawl aloud about a situation? It seems pretty shallow and only poorly raised people with little character would attack a faithful man crying to God. What's next, kick his ass?
Wiles' big church is a bit different and always draws interest from non fundamental Christians but he is harmless.
I ll let you explain to the media and public how Wiles is a dangerous and not very harmless.

xiledinok
Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Agenda? I think I have displayed anger and serious doubts involving all parties in this situation. You seem to have an agenda picking on the charismatic pastor. Why the pastor? Easy target for a bully?
Robert Wilson
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

Agenda? I think I have displayed anger and serious doubts involving all parties in this situation. You seem to have an agenda picking on the charismatic pastor. Why the pastor? Easy target for a bully?

I'm not a fan of praying on a street corner to various media outlets, especially where it is done by a fiduciary who makes those comments to further personal reputation at cost to the institution.
xiledinok
He is more entertainment to me than serious home pastor. I m not going to go after him because his style or preaching doesn't fit my style.
It seems personal to me. What he said publicly did some damage or damaged some egos?
Forest Bueller
xiledinok said:

Robert Wilson said:

57Bear said:

xiledinok said:

I for one think he is harmless. I also think he is disingenuous. As the Pastor of a major church, he has heard and counciled every sin under the sun. I've meet him when trying to figure where to go to church in Arlington many years ago. I didn't like him, and like the song that goes "momma don't like you, and she likes everyone", that is pretty much me.

For me he had way too much salesman in him. I like people who are straight up.

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
Well here goes nothing:

Do you want an organization like Baylor University to be brought down by its own actions? Get a room full of self-elected church leaders together and unload years of allegations of wrongdoing (contradicting the claim of no sexual assaults at Baylor from 2011-2015), all of which is likely due to the university leadership's inaction (I'm talking bad stuff, about as bad as it gets). Unload it all at once. The church-first decision makers won't be wearing their Baylor fiduciary hats when their backs are against the wall and emotions are at a newfound high. The church-first Baylor University Regents will be wearing their church hats. Does anybody really think that the reverend Dennis Wiles or any of the rest of them care at all about the quarter billion dollar dent in Baylor University? No! It doesn't affect their congregations or their interests at all. They all get to walk away after their 3 or 9 year terms on the Baylor University Board of Regents, back to their congregations after every closed-door board meeting. "There were a number of us just crying out to God" - was it the number that was elected by the BGCT or was it the number elected by the Regents themselves? I would put my money on the BGCT Regents.

What number out of the 105 Pepper Hamilton recommendations was it that said "Hey, you might want to take a look at the election process and the structure of your Board of Regents"?
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
PartyBear
I think one of the top recommendations. What did they do about that?

This reverend doesnt seem to cry out to God much over some of our bad dudes playing for his favorite team (the Auburn Tigers) and putting them in the play off picture does he?
Robert Wilson
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

The church-first decision makers won't be wearing their Baylor fiduciary hats when their backs are against the wall and emotions are at a newfound high.

Yup. I'm willing to bet many of them never even fully absorbed what fiduciary meant. And if it bumps up against their personal reputations at the Sunday school or the supper club, I can tell you which is going to win out.
YoakDaddy
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower said:

NoBSU said:

Forest Bueller said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

Like this?

"In the end, we hope that more people will be led to Christianity by way of our actions. We are fine Christian soldiers. Please visit First Baptist Church Arlington and Prestonwood Baptist Church, respectively."
https://instagr.am/p/BU4fcYFhXQ8

That guy sits on our BOFR yet wears an Auburn shirt. What a piece of ..... I can cut Jeffrey some slack because he's alumni, but really...an Auburn shirt?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.