Football
Sponsored by

BU fball players investigated for sexual assault

106,380 Views | 687 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DioNoZeus
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

YAD and HC gotta go and everybody that came with them. 14 months, 2 coaches and 2 or 3 players embarass BU. Short leash they knew coming in what the expectations were. All violated their contracts for employment.

Like the Four Tops sang . . . "It's the same old song" . . . Little Matty ain't done nothing to change the culture around Bear High. He brought in a coach that got run off for soliciting a prostitute the first month he was in Waco.

All he's done since is cover up the fact that he is no better at running a clean program while preaching at regents' churches.

A phony is what we ended up with that makes $4million a year and can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I'm with you. Send both these clowns down the road.
You're being an idiot, and your derogatory names for Coach Rhule only detract from your credibility.

Nothing indicates CMR has covered up anything, everything publicly reported indicates that he has acted in appropriate ways. When he says that stuff happens everywhere, including Baylor, he stating a reality that "Not my Baylor" and "This kind of thing doesn't happen here" on the part of the administration and BOR ignored.

Oh, Stranger isn't an idiot, and the man does drag significant credibility in regards to Baylor University. Just not clear what he knows that gens up his comments like the one that lit your fuse. We'll see...
He didn't say he was an idiot. He said he was acting like an idiot. He could have said childish. Not sure it detracts from his credibility as Stranger is just playing to 80's Bear, Gus, Columbo, Krieg, their alts, and about 5 other posters. I don't count Ian's buddy and people who count on Briles for income.

Actually he said I was being an idiot, not acting like one. If somebody is being one then I guess he was saying I pretty much was one.

Whether you are an idiot on a regular basis or only on occasion, you are being an idiot in this instance.

Well if calling me a name is the only argument you've got, I guess I'll take it from you. Like I expressed, it's only my opinion not the unwavering gospel truth, just the truth as I perceive it.

Don't expect me to slander you though. Ain't my style. I guess one of the days we'll figure out who was right about little Matty.
I'm a Bearbacker
Chanceux
80's and Milli having a genuine discourse? Agreeing on things? Well hells bells this is one of them alternate universes.

Truth is we're all hurt by what occurred. We're all stung by adults not acting right. Players not acting right. Drug use. Alcohol use. Men hitting women. Women hitting men. Recording sex on phones. This isn't a Baylor thing. This is a modern thing where this pussified culture we live in ceases to let adults get in the faces of 18 year old kids to tell them not to !@#$ up. Golden rule stuff. Or just don't be an a$$ hole stuff.
D. C. Bear
Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

YAD and HC gotta go and everybody that came with them. 14 months, 2 coaches and 2 or 3 players embarass BU. Short leash they knew coming in what the expectations were. All violated their contracts for employment.

Like the Four Tops sang . . . "It's the same old song" . . . Little Matty ain't done nothing to change the culture around Bear High. He brought in a coach that got run off for soliciting a prostitute the first month he was in Waco.

All he's done since is cover up the fact that he is no better at running a clean program while preaching at regents' churches.

A phony is what we ended up with that makes $4million a year and can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

You're being an idiot, and your derogatory names for Coach Rhule only detract from your credibility.

Nothing indicates CMR has covered up anything, everything publicly reported indicates that he has acted in appropriate ways. When he says that stuff happens everywhere, including Baylor, he stating a reality that "Not my Baylor" and "This kind of thing doesn't happen here" on the part of the administration and BOR ignored.

Oh, Stranger isn't an idiot, and the man does drag significant credibility in regards to Baylor University. Just not clear what he knows that gens up his comments like the one that lit your fuse. We'll see...
He didn't say he was an idiot. He said he was acting like an idiot. He could have said childish. Not sure it detracts from his credibility as Stranger is just playing to 80's Bear, Gus, Columbo, Krieg, their alts, and about 5 other posters. I don't count Ian's buddy and people who count on Briles for income.

Actually he said I was being an idiot, not acting like one. If somebody is being one then I guess he was saying I pretty much was one.

Whether you are an idiot on a regular basis or only on occasion, you are being an idiot in this instance.

Well if calling me a name is the only argument you've got, I guess I'll take it from you. Like I expressed, it's only my opinion not the unwavering gospel truth, just the truth as I perceive it.

Don't expect me to slander you though. Ain't my style. I guess one of the days we'll figure out who was right about little Matty.

Saying that you are being an idiot isn't an argument, it is a claim. Here is the argument:

While you say that Rhule is covering things up, there is no evidence at all that he is. Since idiots reach conclusions in the absence of evidence, you reaching that conclusion in the absence of any evidence whatsoever is the thought process of an idiot.

Additionally, calling a grown ass man "little Matty" is also being an idiot on several levels.
Stranger
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Saying that you are being an idiot isn't an argument, it is a claim. Here is the argument:

While you say that Rhule is covering things up, there is no evidence at all that he is. Since idiots reach conclusions in the absence of evidence, you reaching that conclusion in the absence of any evidence whatsoever is the thought process of an idiot.

Additionally, calling a grown ass man "little Matty" is also being an idiot on several levels.

Respectfully, you have no idea what I do or do not know. Therefore you have no evidence one way or the other to reach a conclusion. Does that make you an idiot? You are strictly stating your opinion which is certainly your privilege.

Because I have not chosen to present you with any evidence you really cannot presume to call me an idiot.

The only really firm evidence that exists is Matty's record as coach at Baylor. Last time I checked that was one win and eleven losses including a humiliating loss at home to Liberty.

Don't presume I don't support Baylor because I have very little faith in Matty. I've seen his type here before.

He is a product of a BOR who is more interested in selling an image rather than give us a coach who can win ball games. Little Matty may discover it takes more than sermons and promises to deliver a consistently winning program at Baylor.

An educated opinion of course.
I'm a Bearbacker
Russell Gym
Stranger said:

Because I have not chosen to present you with any evidence you really cannot presume to call me an idiot.

Ah, the ambiguous, semi-implied claim that you may have evidence, but are choosing not to present.

Straight from the Anonymous Internet Posters' Amplified Bible.

Along with the incessant name-calling, like a 12 year-old boy. Impressive.

You may be a regal university persona when answering to your full name, but here you are proving D.C. Bear's points every time you post.
D. C. Bear
Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Respectfully, you have no idea what I do or do not know. Therefore you have no evidence one way or the other to reach a conclusion. Does that make you an idiot? You are strictly stating your opinion which is certainly your privilege.

The only really firm evidence that exists is Matty's record as coach at Baylor. Last time I checked that was one win and eleven losses including a humiliating loss at home to Liberty.

Don't presume I don't support Baylor because I have very little faith in Matty. I've seen his type here before.

He is a product of a BOR who is more interested in selling an image rather than give us a coach who can win ball games. Little Matty may discover it takes more than sermons and promises to deliver a consistently winning program at Baylor.

No, I have sufficient evidence to reach the conclusion that you are being an idiot, without regard for any secret evidence you may possess. I can call you an idiot simply because you have chosen to call Coach Rhule "little Matty." It is being an idiot for you to do so. I doubt you would call him "little Matty" to his face.

Don't presume that I am claiming you "don't support Baylor" just because I point out that you are being an idiot.

Now, back to your "evidence." You say you have chosen not to present any evidence, then you say the "only really firm evidence that exists" is Baylor's 1-11 record last season. Last time I checked, that had nothing to do with CMR covering up anything. You should quit before you get further behind.
80sBEAR
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

No, I have sufficient evidence to reach the conclusion that you are being an idiot, without regard for any secret evidence you may possess. I can call you an idiot simply because you have chosen to call Coach Rhule "little Matty." It is being an idiot for you to do so. I doubt you would call him "little Matty" to his face.

Don't presume that I am claiming you "don't support Baylor" just because I point out that you are being an idiot.

Now, back to your "evidence." You say you have chosen not to present any evidence, then you say the "only really firm evidence that exists" is Baylor's 1-11 record last season. Last time I checked, that had nothing to do with CMR covering up anything. You should quit before you get further behind.
Maybe cover up is the wrong verbage. I much prefer the term "misleading". Punishment for failing Matt Rhule's football "pop quizzes" seems to extend from late in the football season all the way through Spring. It is what it is. You folks can sugar coat it any way you would like if that makes you feel better.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
D. C. Bear
80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Maybe cover up is the wrong verbage. I much prefer the term "misleading". Punishment for failing Matt Rhule's "pop quizzes" seem to extend from late in the football season all the way through Spring. It is what it is. You folks can sugar coat it any way you would like if that makes you feel better.
Actually, we don't know what Ogor has been suspended for in the Spring. There are four suspensions. I have seen reports of various numbers of players associated with a Title IX investigation. I have not seen any names reported, and the number I have seen has been fewer than four in all the stories I can recall reading. You can jump to conclusions in the absence of evidence all you want, if that makes you feel better, but you should be prepared to be called an idiot for doing so.
80sBEAR
D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Maybe cover up is the wrong verbage. I much prefer the term "misleading". Punishment for failing Matt Rhule's "pop quizzes" seem to extend from late in the football season all the way through Spring. It is what it is. You folks can sugar coat it any way you would like if that makes you feel better.
Actually, we don't know what Ogor has been suspended for in the Spring. There are four suspensions. I have seen reports of various numbers of players associated with a Title IX investigation. I have not seen any names reported, and the number I have seen has been fewer than four in all the stories I can recall reading. You can jump to conclusions in the absence of evidence all you want, if that makes you feel better, but you should be prepared to be called an idiot for doing so.
Ogor failed his "pop quiz" the week after the equestrian/ football party was reported. You can continue to see the half filled glass of piss half-full if you would like.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/baylor-suspends-football-players-for-unspecified-violations/article_28939a5c-ecde-56e0-bd09-1810a79ba6d7.htm

I have always liked you as a poster, D.C., but lately you seem to have a nasty habit of calling anybody that you don't agree with an idiot. That is not the D.C. I know. You should work on that.
-- Dr. David Garland
Baylor3216
So which 3 players aren't practicing this spring at the moment?
D. C. Bear
80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Ogor failed his "pop quiz" the week after the equestrian/ football party was reported. You can continue to see the half filled glass of piss half-full if you would like.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/baylor-suspends-football-players-for-unspecified-violations/article_28939a5c-ecde-56e0-bd09-1810a79ba6d7.htm

I have always liked you as a poster, D.C., but lately you seem to have a nasty habit of calling anybody that you don't agree with an idiot. That is not the D.C. I know. You should work on that.

Not at all. There are many posters with whom I disagree and whom I do not call idiots. Posters have to earn that with a little more than mere disagreement.

As for Ogor, I would remind you that correlation is not causation and that players can be suspended for any number of reasons. Until we know the names of the particular player or players involved in this Title IX case, we should not assume based on timing that he is involved in it. I am not saying he wasn't or he was, I am saying it is not wise to reason beyond the evidence we have at a given time, and that evidence is not public at this time.
YoakDaddy
Baylor3216 said:

CMR named at least 4 earlier this week at his presser. See this thread a few days back.
80sBEAR
YoakDaddy said:

Baylor3216 said:

CMR named at least 4 earlier this week at his presser. See this thread a few days back.
Or he could click on the link right above your post and see the names.
-- Dr. David Garland
D. C. Bear
80sBEAR said:

YoakDaddy said:

Baylor3216 said:

If he reads the article, he will also see that the reasons for their suspensions are not listed by name, but at least one of them, according to the article, was suspended by Rhule and not by the university.
80sBEAR
D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

YoakDaddy said:

Baylor3216 said:

If he reads the article, he will also see that the reasons for their suspensions are not listed by name, but at least one of them, according to the article, was suspended by Rhule and not by the university.
I have read the article on numerous news outlets. There is no doubt in my mind that three are suspended for using the B**** word and the one suspended by Rhule farted in church. Nothing to see here. We are Baylor. LOL!
-- Dr. David Garland
YoakDaddy
80sBEAR said:

YoakDaddy said:

Baylor3216 said:

Well. That too....
bear2be2
80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Eric Ogor has now been suspended by two different staffs based on two different sets of circumstances/evidence. Perhaps the failed pop quiz was a symptom of a larger problem.

The fact that some of you guys are so quick to defend a guy whose lack of discipline/commitment has gotten him sideways with two different sets of coaches says a lot more about you than it does the coaches who have suspended him.

For the record, I hope Ogor gets with the program because he's a very gifted athlete with a knack for making plays. But if he can't, I say good riddance. Cancer starts and spreads from the inside, and sometimes it's painful to remove.
D. C. Bear
bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Eric Ogor has now been suspended by two different staffs based on two different sets of circumstances/evidence. Perhaps the failed pop quiz was a symptom of a larger problem.

The fact that some of you guys are so quick to defend a guy whose lack of discipline/commitment has gotten him sideways with two different sets of coaches says a lot more about you than it does the coaches who have suspended him.

For the record, I hope Ogor gets with the program because he's a very gifted athlete with a knack for making plays. But if he can't, I say good riddance. Cancer starts and spreads from the inside, and sometimes it's painful to remove.

I am not defending him, I am just not willing to blame him for something he has not even been publicly accused of doing. If he is involved in a sexual assault, well, goodbye and the sooner the better. If this is other stuff on his part, let the coaches make their best judgment.

As for the Title IX case, anything that takes as long as this process seems to have taken probably has a rather suspect set of facts.
Malbec
D. C. Bear said:

Not at all. There are many posters with whom I disagree and whom I do not call idiots. Posters have to earn that with a little more than mere disagreement.

As for Ogor, I would remind you that correlation is not causation and that players can be suspended for any number of reasons. Until we know the names of the particular player or players involved in this Title IX case, we should not assume based on timing that he is involved in it. I am not saying he wasn't or he was, I am saying it is not wise to reason beyond the evidence we have at a given time, and that evidence is not public at this time.
Ogor was NOT a redshirt last year. His suspension therefor would not be related to the T9 case, if the previous reports are correct. Unless he is involved in some separate T9 case.
bear2be2
D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

I am not defending him, I am just not willing to blame him for something he has not even been publicly accused of doing. If he is involved in a sexual assault, well, goodbye and the sooner the better. If this is other stuff on his part, let the coaches make their best judgment.

As for the Title IX case, anything that takes as long as this process seems to have taken probably has a rather suspect set of facts.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking to the ones who bash the staff for suspending Ogor over a pop quiz, as though that was an isolated incident/offense.

And I don't believe Ogor is involved in any Title IX cases. For reasons stated and unstated here, I think this is an extension of last year's head butting between him and Rhule. And further, I'm 100 percent fine with that. At some point you either get with the program or you get gone. It would seem we've approached that point with Mr. Ogor.
80sBEAR
bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking to the ones who bash the staff for suspending Ogor over a pop quiz, as though that was an isolated incident/offense.

And I don't believe Ogor is involved in any Title IX cases. For reasons stated and unstated here, I think this is an extension of last year's head butting between him and Rhule. And further, I'm 100 percent fine with that. At some point you either get with the program or you get gone. It would seem we've approached that point with Mr. Ogor.
-- Dr. David Garland
80sBEAR
bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

You missed the point. I do not think Ogor was suspended for the remainder of last season for failing his pop quiz, even though that is what Rhule told us in his pre-game press conference. I don't blame Rhule,- I think he was just following marching orders.
80sBEAR
80sBEAR said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

-- Dr. David Garland
PervertedLittleTarts
80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Ogor is not a party to this issue.

I have to give you credit though for being consistent. Consistently wrong, but nonetheless consistent.
80sBEAR
PervertedLittleTarts said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

I have to give you credit though for being consistent. Consistently wrong, but nonetheless consistent.

Thank you for clearing that up for us, all-knowing, omnipotent one. Hopefully young Mr. Ogor studies hard this Spring and can pass that next pop quiz.
-- Dr. David Garland
bear2be2
80sBEAR said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Thank you for clearing that up for us, all-knowing, omnipotent one. Hopefully young Mr. Ogor studies hard this Spring and can pass that next pop quiz.
Yes, hopefully Ogor commits to learning his assignments as everyone else on his unit has. I'm still struggling to understand -- beyond believing he's been accused of something larger with no stated evidence -- why you find holding players accountable to be a bad thing.
80sBEAR
bear2be2 said:

80sBEAR said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

NoBSU said:

witchmo said:

D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

MBevel said:

Yes, hopefully Ogor commits to learning his assignments as everyone else on his unit has. I'm still struggling to understand -- beyond believing he's been accused of something larger with no stated evidence -- why you find holding players accountable to be a bad thing.

You think I find holding players accountable a bad thing? Boy, I have sure not communicated very well. It is actually the opposite. I am a huge believer in innocent until proven guilty, but I am NOT a big believer in third and fourth strikes. That is the kind of crap that has gotten us to this point.
-- Dr. David Garland
boognish_bear
BaylorProud77
Good!
80sBEAR
boognish_bear said:

If true, this is great news! But who is "we" and why no mention of a source? If this is true, why did not such a tweet not come out of either Matt Rhule or Baylor Football? If this is the truth, there should not be any legal ramifications for them stating that he was not a part of the equestrian incident. One single tweet given by a generic, anonymous Twitter account and no accompanying story make me a little skeptical. I am sorry, but the trust has been gone for about two years.
-- Dr. David Garland
BaylorProud77
Well that sure put a damper on things! Lol
D. C. Bear
80sBEAR said:

boognish_bear said:

If true, this is great news! But who is "we" and why no mention of a source? If this is true, why did not such a tweet not come out of either Matt Rhule or Baylor Football? If this is the truth, there should not be any legal ramifications for them stating that he was not a part of the equestrian incident. One single tweet given by a generic, anonymous Twitter account and no accompanying story make me a little skeptical. I am sorry, but the trust has been gone for about two years.

Isn't Sicemsports a known twitter account? Are they generally reliable or not?
(Real questions).
BaylorProud77
???????
80sBEAR
D. C. Bear said:

80sBEAR said:

boognish_bear said:

Isn't Sicemsports a known twitter account? Are they generally reliable or not?
(Real questions).
I don't know much about them, but yes, they are known Twitter account. By saying generic and anonymous, I was just saying their was no individual name attached to the tweet

I would love to see the individual that posted it take responsibility and put his or her name by the tweet. If you back the accuracy of your claim or your story , I don't see why that should be a problem. Isn't that how journalistic integrity works? But then perhaps I am giving fan sites a little too much credit.

-- Dr. David Garland
PervertedLittleTarts
80sBEAR said:

boognish_bear said:

Good God son, that's the official Twitter account for the Baylor Rivals site. They're not as good as the site owners here, but they're certainly credible. Plus, I already told you that Ogor was not involved.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.