Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

127,773 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GoldMind
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.
19K 382
Still mad, sis? Let it go, girl. I am sorry you got your feelings so hurt and have difficulty with sarcasm.
BaylorRocks
ColomboLQ said:

Lots of butthurt in this thread already.
Wichitabear
Lololol But still love the free side
Mothra
Poor zunooreo. His trolling backfired.
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Brad Stevens, coach of the Celtics, had a Matt Rhule moment in his post game comments last night after getting beaten by Lebron. "The pain is part of the path ". Rhule was overheard saying, "Darn, why didn't I think of that"?

Actually, Mike d'antoni had his Art Briles moment in Game 6. Like Art. Mike is known for not winning the big games and choking against great competition. Big lead and choke.

Add the fact d'antoni has had MVPs and individual award winners makes Art and Mike very similar. They ll never win the big one.

Mike has won a bunch of games but nothing with the championship on the line. Wins big in regular season, chokes in the post season.
EvilTroyAndAbed
xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Brad Stevens, coach of the Celtics, had a Matt Rhule moment in his post game comments last night after getting beaten by Lebron. "The pain is part of the path ". Rhule was overheard saying, "Darn, why didn't I think of that"?

Actually, Mike d'antoni had his Art Briles moment in Game 6. Like Art. Mike is known for not winning the big games and choking against great competition. Big lead and choke.

Add the fact d'antoni has had MVPs and individual award winners makes Art and Mike very similar. They ll never win the big one.

Mike has won a bunch of games but nothing with the championship on the line. Wins big in regular season, chokes in the post season.
Yeah, Mike choked when his players missed 27 3-pointers.
xiledinok
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

xiledinok said:

Timbear said:

Yeah, Mike choked when his players missed 27 3-pointers.
He's choked in Phoenix as well. His teams never seem to want to play defense in crunch time.
BaylorRocks
Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.
20K 392
Sprite
Coach Rhule will dominate when his system is fully installed. Far too early to even ask the question.
D. C. Bear
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

20K 392

Is your sarcasm meter really that broken?
Russell Gym
D. C. Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

20K 392

It's entertaining how he can us the exact same lure in the exact same thread and consistently get bites, week after week. Never gets old because it's always bit on.
Timbear
It will take Seniors and 5th year seniors to run Snow's D, and that will require a few more years of study. That's somewhat depressing.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

20K 392

He's a dolt. An extremely sensitive one.
Mothra
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

20K 392
you still butthurt little girl?
BaylorRocks
Sprite said:

Coach Rhule will dominate when his system is fully installed. Far too early to even ask the question.
RioRata
Sprite said:

The same Coach Rhule that couldn't dominate Liberty will dominate the BIG XII???
YoakDaddy
Sprite said:

Put the crack pipe down, man. You'll fry your brain. He won't be here long enough to fully install his system.
cowboycwr
Timbear said:

It will take Seniors and 5th year seniors to run Snow's D, and that will require a few more years of study. That's somewhat depressing.

If your defense is so complicated it takes multiple years to learn you are doing something wrong.

Pro coaches never use this excuse.... and plenty of them go in and turn a team around in one year....

D. C. Bear
cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

If your defense is so complicated it takes multiple years to learn you are doing something wrong.

Pro coaches never use this excuse.... and plenty of them go in and turn a team around in one year....

Pros also spend a lot more time on the sport than student athletes do. Having said that, it is, as you note, ridiculous to think we should expect to have to wait five years for a defense to be fully functional.
BaylorRocks
D. C. Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

Pros also spend a lot more time on the sport than student athletes do. Having said that, it is, as you note, ridiculous to think we should expect to have to wait five years for a defense to be fully functional.
Well, some would say that Coach Bennett's defense was never fully functional. Was that ridiculous, as well, when the team was putting up 9+ wins and Bowls each year?
D. C. Bear
zunooreo said:

D. C. Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

Well, some would say that Coach Bennett's defense was never fully functional. Was that ridiculous, as well, when the team was putting up 9+ wins and Bowls each year?

Are you trying to make some kind of point with that post?
ShooterTX
cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

I don't think Rhule has ever said that it will take 5 years. I think that was just you.
D. C. Bear
ShooterTX said:

cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

I don't think Rhule has ever said that it will take 5 years. I think that was just you.

No, looks like timbear, not cowboycwr, is arguing here that we have to wait until we have 5th year seniors for a real defense to show up.
cowboycwr
ShooterTX said:

cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

I never said it will take 5 years. Or even anything close.

I just said if it takes multiple years to implement it isn't good.
Wichitabear
But, let's see what he can do this year. Some new kids and some experienced kids. If he can't beat, ACU, then he needs to go!
Wichitabear
Lol
ShooterTX
cowboycwr said:

ShooterTX said:

cowboycwr said:

Timbear said:

I never said it will take 5 years. Or even anything close.

I just said if it takes multiple years to implement it isn't good.

You also said that pro coaches never use that excuse, which implies that Rhule is making that excuse. Why not just let the coach speak for himself? Why make up stuff, and then say Rhule said it? He's had one year, and yet you are saying that Rhule is making excuses for multiple years of failure on defense. Are you a time traveler?
Timbear
I'm not arguing for our defensive scheme, I'm saying that any defensive scheme that takes years to implement is ridiculous, and that's what Snow is doing.
BUbearinARK
Timbear said:

I'm not arguing for our defensive scheme, I'm saying that any defensive scheme that takes years to implement is ridiculous, and that's what Snow is doing.
Omg yes! Hard work is always totally ridiculous, right? Two years of change and learning is soooo long. Like, we need now stuff! And how about some helmet stickers??
ShooterTX
BUbearinARK said:

Timbear said:

Omg yes! Hard work is always totally ridiculous, right? Two years of change and learning is soooo long. Like, we need now stuff! And how about some helmet stickers??

I've heard that millennials want instant gratification, I just never realized it extended into football too.
If I remember correctly, Nick Saban won the National championship in his first year at Alabama... right?
CorsicanaBear

Quote:

Nick Saban won the National championship in his first year at Alabama... right?
Nope. But he was 7-6, 4-4 in SEC play and did not lose to an FCS team.

Nobody thought we'd win the Big 12 or play for a National Championship last year. But nobody expected 1-11 Liberty. It's kind of like we had Cardinal Fang running our football team.

Illigitimus non carborundum
D. C. Bear
ShooterTX said:

BUbearinARK said:

Timbear said:

I've heard that millennials want instant gratification, I just never realized it extended into football too.
If I remember correctly, Nick Saban won the National championship in his first year at Alabama... right?

No, but he did go 12-0 in the regular season in his second year and won the national championship in his third year.
D. C. Bear
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

Nick Saban won the National championship in his first year at Alabama... right?
Nope. But he was 7-6, 4-4 in SEC play and did not lose to an FCS team.

Nobody thought we'd win the Big 12 or play for a National Championship last year. But nobody expected 1-11 Liberty. It's kind of like we had Cardinal Fang running our football team.

In fairness, he did lose to powerhouse Louisiana Monroe at home in November his first year. Not FCS, but Sun Belt is close enough.

No idea why that emoticon is there.
ShooterTX
D. C. Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

BUbearinARK said:

Timbear said:

No, but he did go 12-0 in the regular season in his second year and won the national championship in his third year.

I thought you said that anything that takes multiple years is ridiculous?? It took him THREE years! That's ridiculous!!
ColomboLQ
ShooterTX said:

D. C. Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

BUbearinARK said:

Timbear said:

I thought you said that anything that takes multiple years is ridiculous?? It took him THREE years! That's ridiculous!!
I don't think anyone is asking or expecting Matt Rhule to win a national title in his third year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.