Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

129,716 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoldMind
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope Rhule either does great or terrible so he'll be out of here. If he goes 6-6 or 7-5, he'll never leave.
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

What most of ya'll are glancing over or not aware of: CFB is collapsing down to 32 teams.
If we continue to lose and CFB naturally restructures to protect blue bloods...will we be left out of a power 5?

There is a time limit on winning. We need to be top 20 ASAP.

No, they are not going to 32 teams. The plan is to have Power 5 only play Power 5 teams. Alabama and the SEC want the change and tv couldn't be anymore pleased with the news.
Just think about it. Instead of spending money on watching Middle Tennessee, Hobbs High School and Monroe, you'll get Michigan, Utah and Maryland in non conferences. Coaches will earn bowl bonuses.
BaylorOkie
Timbear said:

Rhule stated in an interview with Smoak that he was not "resolute" enough in what he wanted to do last year. Rhule said he bent last year. All this was to say that this year, he's going to coach the way he wants to coach. Sheesh!
Interesting. I wonder what exactly he means by that.
jbbear
ShooterTX said:

jbbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Briles I no longer care about, he's gone.

Unless CMR can go 6-6 this season he is Steele 2.0, or Beall 3.0 and should be shown the door.

You have to admit 1-11 and a loss to Liberty is one hell of a calling card and certainly ought to make us feel confident.

Are you guys still down with the process if we go 3-9? 2-10? I mean the percentage improvements would be huge.

Who would you replace him with if he's shown the door? That's what the **** I want to hear from y'all.

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles
Great example. Where exactly is he coaching?
Les Miles was specifically fired for sticking with an old school type of offense, and rejecting new styles like the CAB spread. I thought you guys mostly complained about CMR wanting to develop the run game, at the expense of the spread? How does Les Miles solve that for you?

I guess you need a clue. I was in no way supporting Les Miles. I was pointing out to the other clueless poster that Les is not coaching at all. So many of you free board mullets are not only CAB jaded but clueless.
jbbear
TexasScientist said:

JBear14 said:

The Liberty loss was inexcusable. Our defense played like complete **** that night. It was like the script flipped afterward, but it was pathetic. I still think Rhule needs three years. He said it himself, this year's goal is a bowl game: six wins. If he fails to achieve that, he's in the hot seat next year.

With the talent he's brought in and the time he's had in the offseason to work out any kinks, we should be better. Hell, if he loses to ACU or UTSA (again) he should resign.
This year should be make or break for CMR.
Please define make or break......are you as stupid as one poster that says 7 wins is a minimum? In theory, if we go 6-6 and lose all 6 by 1 point, is that a break it for you?
Krieg
Timbear said:

Rhule stated in an interview with Smoak that he was not "resolute" enough in what he wanted to do last year. Rhule said he bent last year. All this was to say that this year, he's going to coach the way he wants to coach. Sheesh!

That's the least encouraging thing I've heard in a long time in regards to Rhule. When was that interview?
jbbear
TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

ShooterTX said:

Doc Holliday said:

ShooterTX said:

jbbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Unless CMR can go 6-6 this season he is Steele 2.0, or Beall 3.0 and should be shown the door.

You have to admit 1-11 and a loss to Liberty is one hell of a calling card and certainly ought to make us feel confident.

Are you guys still down with the process if we go 3-9? 2-10? I mean the percentage improvements would be huge.

Who would you replace him with if he's shown the door? That's what the **** I want to hear from y'all.

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles
Les Miles was specifically fired for sticking with an old school type of offense, and rejecting new styles like the CAB spread. I thought you guys mostly complained about CMR wanting to develop the run game, at the expense of the spread? How does Les Miles solve that for you?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/les-miles-studying-baylor-offense-to-get-ready-for-2017-coaching-carousel/

So glad he figured it out... a little late, but cool. So how is that high powered offense working at his new job?
He currently doesn't coach.

And to blow your mind...he's actually acting now. Not joking.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/03/30/lsu-les-miles-acting-movie-angry-men
Back when it was rumored that Baylor, might be looking at him, as the article says, he was already saying that the dynamics of offensive coaching required change. He is one of the one's I thought Baylor should try to hire. I still think they should ditch CMR for Miles. Miles has a proven record, and has enough sense to know that to compete at the power 5 level, and in the Big 12, you have to go to an explosive offense. CMR doesn't appear to get it yet. I think Miles can recruit as well or even better than CMR.
That's why so many teams are knocking down Les's door to coach. He has already proven he will not change his approach on offense. This notion that Rhule just wants to run the ball is ludicrous. We just didn't have the OL or talent to stretch the field consistently last year. Though, we actually had a lot more long passing plays than morons like you will admit.
jbbear
witchmo said:

bearlyafarmer said:

57Bear said:

witchm said:

Personally, I think Baylor folks will run him off, and I don't mean university admins or staffers.
Do you think Baylor folks will run him off while Rhoades is still AD?
Why not? They ran Briles off while McCaw was still AD. Yes,or no?

I seem to recall Art did not leave on his own accord. You know..wasn't his choice, and all that.

So far as Ruhle is concerned, it would take a "disaster" for BU to fire him, and last year doesn't rise to that level despite what you think. Because of his 7 year contract, he is here for the foreseeable future, even if he is "medio". Now, if you got lots of jack and are willing to "hire" yourself a personal "coach", that might rearrange the deck a bit but the historical patrons aren't lining up to do that. The recent decade of financial dalliances has seen to that for the present.

I'd like to see the Vegas odds on Ruhle having a pretty good record in '18 and a strong one in '19 and then leaving on his own at that time.
Try learning to spell the coach's name correctly.
jbbear
Timbear said:

Hey man, Stormie's looking for you.
jbbear
Krieg said:

Timbear said:

That's the least encouraging thing I've heard in a long time in regards to Rhule. When was that interview?
Don't let the biggest idiot on this board lead you astray. You need to listen to the entire interview and not allow hatred for Rhule (pointing at you Timbear) to jade your reasoning.
Krieg
jbbear said:

Krieg said:

Timbear said:

Don't let the biggest idiot on this board lead you astray. You need to listen to the entire interview and not allow hatred for Rhule (pointing at you Timbear) to jade your reasoning.

Your first sentence was a great tip and saved me the time of finishing your post.

I'll start taking you seriously when you have a post without some sort of insult to the poster you're addressing.
TexasScientist
jbbear said:

TexasScientist said:

JBear14 said:

The Liberty loss was inexcusable. Our defense played like complete **** that night. It was like the script flipped afterward, but it was pathetic. I still think Rhule needs three years. He said it himself, this year's goal is a bowl game: six wins. If he fails to achieve that, he's in the hot seat next year.

With the talent he's brought in and the time he's had in the offseason to work out any kinks, we should be better. Hell, if he loses to ACU or UTSA (again) he should resign.
This year should be make or break for CMR.
Please define make or break......are you as stupid as one poster that says 7 wins is a minimum? In theory, if we go 6-6 and lose all 6 by 1 point, is that a break it for you?
It is for me. If he loses 6 games by 1 point, it will be due to poor in game coaching decisions.
D. C. Bear
Krieg said:

Timbear said:

It was this week. Maybe yesterday? You should listen to the interview and hear what he said in context.
ShooterTX
jbbear said:

ShooterTX said:

jbbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

I guess you need a clue. I was in no way supporting Les Miles. I was pointing out to the other clueless poster that Les is not coaching at all. So many of you free board mullets are not only CAB jaded but clueless.

You mad, bro?

Relax a little. I'm actually on your side. My comments were directed at the guy you replied to... at the guy who suggested Les Miles... not you.

I think CMR will do very well this year, and I think Les Miles would have been a huge waste of money. Actually, I don't think miles would have come to Baylor. I think he wanted another gig in the SEC. The fact that he didn't get any of the openings this past year, is just further evidence that he needed to retire.
drahthaar
jbbear said:

witchmo said:

bearlyafarmer said:

57Bear said:

witchm said:

Personally, I think Baylor folks will run him off, and I don't mean university admins or staffers.
Do you think Baylor folks will run him off while Rhoades is still AD?
Why not? They ran Briles off while McCaw was still AD. Yes,or no?

I seem to recall Art did not leave on his own accord. You know..wasn't his choice, and all that.

So far as Ruhle is concerned, it would take a "disaster" for BU to fire him, and last year doesn't rise to that level despite what you think. Because of his 7 year contract, he is here for the foreseeable future, even if he is "medio". Now, if you got lots of jack and are willing to "hire" yourself a personal "coach", that might rearrange the deck a bit but the historical patrons aren't lining up to do that. The recent decade of financial dalliances has seen to that for the present.

I'd like to see the Vegas odds on Ruhle having a pretty good record in '18 and a strong one in '19 and then leaving on his own at that time.
Try learning to spell the coach's name correctly.

Got it corrected. Thanks.
Mothra
jbbear said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

ShooterTX said:

Doc Holliday said:

ShooterTX said:

jbbear said:

Doc Holliday said:

GoldMind said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Dabo?
Bellichick?
Tom Landry?
Les Miles

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/les-miles-studying-baylor-offense-to-get-ready-for-2017-coaching-carousel/

So glad he figured it out... a little late, but cool. So how is that high powered offense working at his new job?
He currently doesn't coach.

And to blow your mind...he's actually acting now. Not joking.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/03/30/lsu-les-miles-acting-movie-angry-men
Back when it was rumored that Baylor, might be looking at him, as the article says, he was already saying that the dynamics of offensive coaching required change. He is one of the one's I thought Baylor should try to hire. I still think they should ditch CMR for Miles. Miles has a proven record, and has enough sense to know that to compete at the power 5 level, and in the Big 12, you have to go to an explosive offense. CMR doesn't appear to get it yet. I think Miles can recruit as well or even better than CMR.
That's why so many teams are knocking down Les's door to coach. He has already proven he will not change his approach on offense. This notion that Rhule just wants to run the ball is ludicrous. We just didn't have the OL or talent to stretch the field consistently last year. Though, we actually had a lot more long passing plays than morons like you will admit.
I didn't want Miles, but I know for a fact he turned down the opportunity to coach at a power 5 school.

Time will tell if this offense Nixon is running will work in the NFL. It's not as if Rhule has been known for his offenses.
YoakDaddy
Krieg said:

Timbear said:

In context, he was referring to defense and how the perception is that the B12 doesn't play defense. He said he gave in and should've concentrated on the defense more. He then added in a very brief reference to the offense and running the ball.

Somebody else said it, and I agree after hearing his answer.....we have Chollie Strong 2.0.
TheAgentGrant
Amen brother, and that door is slowly opening up along with what actually DID happen.
Ya'll may not like what you hear and read, but its coming.
And NO don't ask me my source. Not to sound arrogant, but I know people who know that have kept their mouths shut through all of this, and they trust me enough to tell me whats going on.
If you heard what I heard about an investigation that happened and was confirmed, the 4 to 5 are fearing the 4 horseman coming. DA AR that's another story that will settle itself. Again, another through a series of text was told information that would make you just say "what the"?

Moving forward, I want CMR to succeed. People who want their leaders to fail have serious issues.
If you're an alumni and don't like what happened last season, don't complain that Briles or whoever would have done better. Coaches LEAVE, that a fact. Saban, Myer whoever. They leave, well unless you're Texas, you'll just live in Darrell Royal and the real enabler (allegedly) CM, shadow. After all the player kissing, and fist pumping and short answers to the media while you are steaming in your dome fearing your job and hoping not to get that phone call. Who the heck would want to be that guy, just knowing that they are cleaning up MA sexual misconduct to give him the job after 2 more sub par seasons.

Bottom line, there was no guarantee that Briles would have stayed here. They win, they move on.

If you really want want your head coach to get canned, your not much of a person.
Failure is not an option. Win, win, win....Simple
AgentGrant
D. C. Bear
YoakDaddy said:

Krieg said:

Timbear said:

In context, he was referring to defense and how the perception is that the B12 doesn't play defense. He said he gave in and should've concentrated on the defense more. He then added in a very brief reference to the offense and running the ball.

Somebody else said it, and I agree after hearing his answer.....we have Chollie Strong 2.0.

While it is a possible and not an unreasonable interpretation, he did not say what is bolded above.
YoakDaddy
D. C. Bear said:

YoakDaddy said:

Krieg said:

Timbear said:

While it is a possible and not an unreasonable interpretation, he did not say what is bolded above.

That was my interpretation as to what he said even though he specifically said, "you can play defense in this league".
BaylorRocks
Mothra said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.
7,000 reads and 200 posts later........

LOL
Another poster who missed the point...
10K 265
Mothra
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.

LOL
10K 265
Still a dunce.
BaylorRocks
Mothra said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

LOL
10K 265
Still a dunce.
BaylorRocks
BUbearinARK said:

I just woke up from a two year coma and my BF account brought me here. Did I miss anything?
ColomboLQ
TheAgentGrant said:

Amen brother, and that door is slowly opening up along with what actually DID happen.
And NO don't ask me my source. Not to sound arrogant, but I know people who know that have kept their mouths shut through all of this, and they trust me enough to tell me whats going on.
If you heard what I heard about an investigation that happened and was confirmed, the 4 to 5 are fearing the 4 horseman coming. DA AR that's another story that will settle itself. Again, another through a series of text was told information that would make you just say "what the"?

Moving forward, I want CMR to succeed. People who want their leaders to fail have serious issues.
If you're an alumni and don't like what happened last season, don't complain that Briles or whoever would have done better. Coaches LEAVE, that a fact. Saban, Myer whoever. They leave, well unless you're Texas, you'll just live in Darrell Royal and the real enabler (allegedly) CM, shadow. After all the player kissing, and fist pumping and short answers to the media while you are steaming in your dome fearing your job and hoping not to get that phone call. Who the heck would want to be that guy, just knowing that they are cleaning up MA sexual misconduct to give him the job after 2 more sub par seasons.

Bottom line, there was no guarantee that Briles would have stayed here. They win, they move on.

If you really want want your head coach to get canned, your not much of a person.
Can anyone translate this for me?
TexasScientist
zunooreo said:

BUbearinARK said:

I just woke up from a two year coma and my BF account brought me here. Did I miss anything?

Yeah, you missed a good dream that the BOR turned into a nightmare. Go back to your coma.
TexasScientist
ColomboLQ said:

TheAgentGrant said:

Can anyone translate this for me?
Not possible
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

People who want their leaders to fail have serious issues.
First of all CMR is no leader to me. He's just a frikkin' football coach, just like CAB. I didn't want him to fail, I thought he was a good hire because he fit the University mission. But then there was 1-11/Liberty. I wasn't looking for him to fail, but based on last years results, he may find his way there anyway.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BUbearinARK
TexasScientist said:

zunooreo said:

BUbearinARK said:

Yeah, you missed a good dream that the BOR turned into a nightmare. Go back to your coma.
Alright. In the name of texas science. But before I turn the meds and machines back on..are our former QBs tearing it up in the NFL? I'm sure they are so I'll just...just...so sleepy...zzzzz
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

LOL
10K 265
11K 275
BaylorRocks
BylrFan said:

Are you going to start a thread on how you got terrible seats at Sing next?
How are your seats?
Timbear
A successful NFL QB is very rare, no matter where he came from. Our coaches are paid to win College Games. This Fall, it's a roll of the dice.
ShooterTX
Timbear said:

A successful NFL QB is very rare, no matter where he came from. Our coaches are paid to win College Games. This Fall, it's a roll of the dice.

True.
How many successful QBs have come out of Alabama in the past 10 years vs how many NCAA championship games?
cowboycwr
Many of the all time great college QBs did not end up having long NFL careers.

Heck think about most of the record holders in college in all the various categories..... and virtually none of them had NFL success.

This article ranks QBs in a very statistical way and has 25 names on it. Cam Newton is the one with the most success. (NFL)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2340678-power-ranking-the-10-greatest-college-football-qbs-of-all-time

Edit be sure to check out number 13 and number 5 ..... and then come back and complain about how horrible our previous coach, teams and players were.......
ShooterTX
cowboycwr said:

Many of the all time great college QBs did not end up having long NFL careers.

Heck think about most of the record holders in college in all the various categories..... and virtually none of them had NFL success.

This article ranks QBs in a very statistical way and has 25 names on it. Cam Newton is the one with the most success. (NFL)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2340678-power-ranking-the-10-greatest-college-football-qbs-of-all-time

Edit be sure to check out number 13 and number 5 ..... and then come back and complain about how horrible our previous coach, teams and players were.......

Who has ever complained that the previous coaches, teams, and players were not successful??
Are you talking about the scandal? People can complain about the sex assault scandal, without it meaning that the football teams were "horrible" at football... get it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.